[mod] [Europa Universalis IV] Cosmopolitan Universalis

• 5 weeks later...

@La Mancha Would you mind if I used the code for the Anathanist religion as a base to recreate the three Lilithanist heresies from the Beyond Heresy submod into EUIV?

Anathanism already sounds the perfect match for the Catholic version of Lilithanism, so by comparing it with vanilla Catholicism I can get an idea how to recreate the Orthodox and Muslim versions.

You can use anything from the mod you want, feel free to ask on the discord any time if you need anything or want help with anything.  Great to see more people modding EU4.

Spoiler

COSMOPOLITAN

Give feedback/Report Bugs/Get help/Join the modding team/Complain

Join our Discord
https://discord.gg/n6pyWYJ

Mod requires "TGE" The Grand Exhibition (all 6 packs) to substitute vanilla pictures for larger 512x256 versions.  Please use the version of TGE found on moddb not the outdated version on steam or the mediafire link.  Cosmopolitan includes Doann's advisor mod (you don't need to enable it separately, though it shouldn't cause any issues if you do).

The mod is not compatible with some mods that change vanilla files (for example extended timeline).  If you are interested in a compatible version of a specific mod inquire in the support thread or discord channel.

Cosmopolitan requires several (possibly most) DLC, but most crucially Dharma as centers of trade feature heavily in the mod and no prostitution related feature will work without them.

Instructions
Unrar, but don't unzip contained files.  Place all contained .zip files and .mod files into your documents/paradox interactive/Europa Universalis IV/Mod folder, then enable them via the game launcher.

If you already have installed the noted previous version you only need to download the update, and do not need to download all the GFX files every time the mod is updated unless there is a specific graphical update being offered seperately.

Credit to doan77 for providing 99% of the graphics used in the mod.

Main mod features
At this time some features have European only pictures, rather than disabling these features for other nations entirely they are included with European pictures.

Affairs

Spoiler

The affairs of your monarch and others in the royal court can impact them granting permanent bonuses to their attributes, as well as providing unique opportunities.

Culture Specific Affairs
Certain cultures have an option for a yearly affair that can grant bonuses to the Monarchs skills or at times an opportunity to hire a new advisor.

Advisors
Using Doann's advisors (included in this mod) you can engage your female advisors in an affair at any time.  This randomly grants either a unique bonus related to the advisor, or costs you -20 Monarch points for distracting them from their actual work.  Most advisor types have a three tiered modifier bonus they can apply through these affairs.

Prostitution

Spoiler

Prostitution features heavily in the mod, not only can you construct prostitution related buildings but prostitutes attracted to your capital can be hired on behalf of the country to perform a number of roles from entertaining members of the court, to foreign espionage.  Once you construct a port of pleasure or brothel district you will have access to the Madams estate and a number of prostitute related interactions.

Brothel Districts
Can be constructed in your provinces with centers of trade and will also come with a madam dependent on the culture present.  The trade good of provinces with a Brothel District is changed to prostitutes, but a modifier will make up the difference in base price from the original trade good.

Madams
Madams grant significant trade power bonuses and can be placed in brothel districts and ports of pleasure.  Madams are sometimes granted via events reflecting historically significant brothel districts, or can be made out of new prostitute modifiers (small unrest penalty) located in a port of pleasure.

Ports of Pleasure
Built in many of the game's island chains, and other areas crucial to trade (but lacking in resources or development) these overseas brothel districts attract new prostitutes from which you can train a madam to build a proper brothel.  New prostitutes can also be sent to a port of pleasure through the Import Slaves building action or appear via an event.  Cities with both a World Port and a Brothel District can attract madams for relocation from your choice of prostitute producing provinces.

Polygynous Estates

Spoiler

Throughout the non-Christian world the practice of taking multiple wives was commonplace.  From the Forbidden Palace of the Chinese emperor's, the great harems of the Ottomans or Indian sultanates, the Shogun and Daimyo's Ooku and the multiple wives of rulers in much of Africa and the New World polygyny was widespread.

A polygynous ruler's harem or wives are determined by the culture or cultures found within the nation's borders with the exception of a Muslim harem which can also purchase concubines from a slave market in the Black Sea, Barbary Coast, Horn of Africa, or South China Sea.

Christians, especially their rulers are strictly monogomous though Christian nations with the mod can convert to a new more libertine religion, Anathanism if the influence of the Madams estate is great enough and the court has hired European prostitutes during the current ruler's reign.  This religion uses a church power based system of aspects to customize the religion.  Once all 3 aspects have been chosen you can further reform the religion to allow the wives estate similar to New World or African cultures.

Harem Estate
Muslim and non-Muslim Indian nations can access the harem estate which mostly features interactions between the harem and the ruler, including the ability to influence kharma or piety.  Too high of influence in the harem on a ruler along with stagnant growth of their harem can cause unhappiness, but also unlocks the ability to purchase additional concubines for him/her.

Forbidden Palace Estate
China and many other nations in Asia have a forbidden palace estate that works much like the harem with the exception of purchasable concubines.  If you are the emperor you can also impact your mandate through Palace estate interactions.

Ooku Estate
Like the Forbidden Palace estate Japanese culture nations cannot purchase concubines for their ruler, but each daimyo family existing or destroyed can provide a wife to their controlling Shogun's Ooku and the Ooku can also act to impact your nation's isolationism in the direction of your choice if it is influential enough.

Wives Estate
Anathanists, New World and African cultures share the wives estate which does not allow purchasable concubines for their ruler, but are unique among the polygnous estates in their willingness to utilize their wives to influence trade and diplomacy by entertaining dignitaries and merchants of your choice in a similar fashion to prostitutes, though primarily targeting nations trading within your borders rather than your external trade efforts.

Personal Unions

Spoiler

The mod offers personal union opportunities (with you as the Senior partner in the union) not only for Christians but between nations of any nation.  These unions can be formed through a royal match (Diplomatic action) for yourself or your heir, or an event resurrecting a nation in rebellion against your enemy during wartime.

Every culture in the game is represented by a different possible set of pictures used for the personal union and future interactions with your subject.  If you already have a personal union with another nation of a culture (or at times a group of cultures in some places that share a set of pictures) you will be unable to form a new union.

These will not be inherited automatically, but Christians still have access to that vanilla version of personal unions with other Christian nations.  All others use a new subject type based on the target's culture and these can only be inherited via diplomatic annexation.

Anathanist Religion

Spoiler

The mod's religion can be converted via a disaster that occurs when your madams estate reaches 100 influence and your court has hired a European prostitute at least once during your current ruler's reign.

The religion is tolerant and can become even reverent towards prostitutes, and Anathanists nations whose madams influence goes above 100 can use the opportunity to gain a large amount of church power at the expense of other estates' loyalty.

You can convert others and your own provinces using promulgate religion trade policy (similar to Muslim nation's) in any Trade Nodes where you have the trade modifier from prostitutes sent to spread the religion in your own or other centers of trade with brothel districts as well as a majority trade share.

• 1 month later...

ok I am confused, in the downloads there is only 1 zip file, the others are not showing as zips example its saying its a z12 file...the hell is a Z12?! as for the zip file, try to unpack it and I get errors? to be exact I get "Unavailable data"...

EDIT: got it working

also go to hell Paradox that launcher is busted!

z01 etc. are parted files for .zip.

Loverslab has a file size limit for uploaded files so the files are parted into multiple files.  You need to download all of the files, and then unzip the .zip file it will then unpack all the parted (z) files as well.

Also there was an issue with crashing in the country selection menu with the moddb version of The Grand Exhibition for 1.29.3, it should now be fixed if you need to download it again.

On 12/29/2019 at 12:32 PM, DarkKrusty said:

ok I am confused, in the downloads there is only 1 zip file, the others are not showing as zips example its saying its a z12 file...the hell is a Z12?! as for the zip file, try to unpack it and I get errors? to be exact I get "Unavailable data"...

[ edit : moved image to spoiler, disculpe ]

I got an error about using the source as the destination in the windows 10 built-in "File Explorer" extractor, but 7-zip knew how to deal with it. [ error in screenshot, working option in other ].

After unzipping like this, it loads successfully and the tutorial at least works (haven't played much yet).

Spoiler

extract_all.png.1d54d5b9cdd881cd3912f314cf271257.png7zip.png.7b780ec477ba12ab381fc0ee5f4b1f5d.png

• 4 weeks later...

Some people are playing it, but I have not been able to really test it myself as I'm still finishing some stuff on it before I'd consider it 100% finished and just fixing the bugs they point out as I go which is why the mod says it is a Work in Progress.  I'd recommend joining the discord if you want to play it so you can report any bugs.  Of course you can do that here too but you are more likely to get quicker help there from me or someone else on the channel.

If you play a campaign save often, I update it often and the mod hasn't been save game incompatible for a while but you may encounter something broken still.  If you do just let me know.

In the latest update you can find patch notes that has known issues etc. as well but all of this can be found in detail on the discord.  Once the mod is finished I'll likely update this thread more but with how often stuff is being added discord is where most of my communication about the mod happens right now.

Here's a link to the discord (it is also on the file page)
https://discord.gg/n6pyWYJ

EU4 is currently on the humble bundle with all the content expansions except Conquest of Paradise and Golden Century for 15€/$17.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/europa-universalis-iv

Republics I believe still have a ruler, but no consort.  If you become non-Christian then you could still build a polygynous estate.

You can't get married, and so you can't use Royal Match to get a personal union.  Any personal union would have to be through the Seeking Allies decision during war.

Some things give ruler modifiers, these are less effective for Republics.

All prostitution options are available.

Basically everything outside of marriage is possible, and that's still possible if you form a harem or something after converting from Christianity.

• 4 months later...

Buildings files need to be updated still for the new patch (if you were running on an older version it was probably a conflict with another mod you have that features buildings)

There is a cut down version that is running on 1.30 (don't run cosmopolitan.mod just run the new cosmopolitan_main and the GFX files).

Cosmopolitan Main only includes Doan's advisors/affairs.

I'm splitting the mod in 3, and will release the other two parts (Cosmopolitan Estates, and Cosmopolitan Buildings, Religion and Trade Goods) later as soon as they are updated.

You will also need an updated version of The Grand Exhibition the one on moddb or steam should work.

On 6/11/2020 at 5:30 AM, La Mancha said:

(if you were running on an older version it was probably a conflict with another mod you have that features buildings)

I found that it was the CK2 to EU4 conversion mod that did it.

• 3 weeks later...

I might just be having a case of the stupid, but I have no idea how to get this to work, the instructions just aren't clear enough for me. I get the first sentence just fine, but it gets confusing after that, and I think some clarification is needed.

You can always stop by the discord if you are having problems, someone can walk you through it if needed.

Basically download everything (all the files, and the latest updates).  Unzip the cosmo_main.zip / cosmo_building.zip an cosmo_estates.zip this will unpack all the .z01 etc. files and will give you the following mixture of cosmopolitan_estates.zip , cosmopolitan_estates.mod, cosmopolitan_main.zip , cosmopolitan_main.mod , cosmopolitan_estates_gfx_1.mod , cosmopolitan_estates_gfx_1.zip etc.:

Spoiler

unknown.png.8bda4899a707293621bc8a41fa604a92.png

Place these all in your mod folder.  Download the latest update and overwrite those main files ( cosmopolitan_estates.zip etc.).  You do not need to download the base files (the .z01 etc.) again once you have all the files, the only thing updated is in the main files the rest are pictures.

Make sure you have The Grand Exhibition/The Great Exhibition installed.  They are the same mod.  You can get it on moddb (The Grand Exhibition) or from steam (The Great Exhibition).  It is the same mod.

Enable all of them in the launcher.  If you have problems with them not showing up in the launcher still you might need further help and to use the paradox mod manager (some people have bugs with the launcher).  Let me know if you still have trouble.

I got it to work.

But now I keep getting a pop up that tells me that there is no localization, the log tell me its an event called cosmo_madamspawn_event.11.t. It just keeps popping up with a localization error and it's a bit annoying since I don't know why it is doing that. I invested a bit into the game a bit already so hope it isn't game breaking, I am pretty sure I installed the files right too, so I dunno what is wrong.

Did you install the updates also?

This event (which will be hidden in the future, I just want to make sure it isn't firing inappropriately) will respawn native madams in their home district.  This is based on the culture of the province, if you are getting it repeatedly then there may be an issue as it should only fire once every 50 years (when madam modifiers wear off).

That event deals with madam generation in Europe.  There was an issue with this event in an older version of the mod so make sure you have the latest updates (located at the bottom of the file list).

Spoiler

Capture222.PNG.7ebbd263f7288b93400b9c0377dbf6ed.PNG

It is possible there is another error in the file causing it to repeat in your case, I'd need more information about the province or provinces where you have built brothel districts (the culture of the province) if this is happening. 

If you want you can join the discord and I can help you there too (I generally only check loverslab when uploading a new version, so discord is faster).  It is a work in progress so there are likely to be many bugs still but there should be nothing that is "game breaking" if needed you can always send me your save file and I can see what is wrong.

https://discord.gg/sHhCJ9k

It usually says that if you do not have the actual archive.  Do you have the .zip files in your mod folder?  The path is:

archive="mod/cosmopolitan_buildings.zip"

etc.

So make sure they are still zipped (should have identical names as the .mod files, and be in the mod folder along with them)

The inside of your mod folder should look like this:
Spoiler

unknown.png.8bda4899a707293621bc8a41fa604a92.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an issue where "Influence the (insert name) court" event keeps on spamming a few times per month and it's really putting me off. xD

And the only response is; "On second thought, work and pleasure don't mix well."

Until you get a female advisor, then it keeps spamming but you've actually got options.

But the fact that it keeps spamming up 3 times a month makes the game unplayable.

Edit: It's in one of the update packs. Removed them and it works just fine.