NPCs flee to a guard after being raped

So in my install of Oblivion, after an NPC (such as a store owner or random civilian) is raped they will immediately run to a guard and just kind of repeatedly walk into them. In the worst case, this can lead to these poor guards getting endlessly swarmed by naked victims.

Well, not quite "endlessly". They seem to return to their normal behavior if I leave the area. But until that happens they will just surround the guards and walk into them forever. I get the feeling that they are supposed to be reporting the crime. "Help, I've been attacked!", except they forget to actually say it, so they're stuck on the "find a guard" step of their  plan. If I try to interact with (talk to) these NPCs, I just get the standard "[x] is fleeing" message.

Thing is, I don't know what mod is causing them to do this so I can't disable/fix the behavior. At first I thought it was being caused by Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul, but I went through the ini file and couldn't find anything that looked like it might govern crime-reporting behaviors. From the Lovers suite of mods, I think it might be part of Joburg or LoversRaperS, but I couldn't find any relevant options in those either.

If anyone else has run into this, please let me know. :3

Oh, here's my LO in case it helps!

Spoiler

Oblivion.esm
TamagoClub.esm
HiyokoClub.esm
CustomSpellIcons.esm
 Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreature.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
Knights.esp
HiyokoGenetics.esp
Enhanced Economy.esp
kuerteeCleanUp.esp
OblivionReloaded.esp
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
DMRA BBB Complete Clothing and Armor Replacer.esp
EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp
 xulRiverEthe.esp
 xulTheEasternPeaks.esp
xulAncientYews.esp
xulCloudtopMountains.esp
xulBravilBarrowfields.esp
xulLushWoodlands.esp
xulCheydinhalFalls.esp
xulSilverfishRiverValley.esp
xulBlackwoodForest.esp
xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp
xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp
xulChorrolHinterland.esp
xulArriusCreek.esp
xulSnowdale.esp
xulAncientRedwoods.esp
xulJerallGlacier.esp
xulEntiusGorge.esp
xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp
xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp
xulTheHeath.esp
Kvatch Rebuilt.esp
DMRA BBB Knights of the Nine Replacer.esp
EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp
xuldarkforest.esp
xulAspenWood.esp
xulRollingHills_EV.esp
xulFallenleafEverglade.esp
xulSkingradOutskirts.esp
xulStendarrValley.esp
xulPantherRiver.esp
xulImperialIsle.esp
Unique Landscapes.esp
Arena No Raiment.esp
HUD Status Bars.esp
EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp
P1DkeyChain.esp
RMDailyIncomeV2.esp
FuroGeneratorTrap.esp
HiyokoGeneratorBroodMother.esp
HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge.esp
TamagoSetBody.esp
LoversSoundCreature.esp
LoversSituations.esp
LoversBed.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversBackup2.esp
LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp
LoversRapeSlave.esp
LoversLight.esp
LoversNeed.esp
Lynges Unlimited Death Reload Time.esp
eyja.esp
LoversBitch.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp
Kvatch Rebuilt - No More Burned Ground.esp
xulPatch_AY_AC.esp
Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp
LoversImmoralSisters.esp
SetBody.esp
No psychic guards v1.2.esp
Pig.esp
Specialanims.esp
zzEstrus.esp
Arren.esp
LoversPayBandit.esp
1em_Vilja.esp
Tavern-Goers 2.esp
UsableDSGS.esp
Immersive Travelers.esp
LoversHooker.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP_HookerPatch.esp
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
LoversStripper.esp
Companion Neeshka.esp
BisPainBringer.esp
Better Benirus Manor - Helping Hands.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
LoversSlaveTrader.esp
LSTBravilUnderground.esp
LoversJoburg.esp
MadCompanionshipSpells.esp
EVE_KhajiitFix.esp
Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp
HiyokoGenerator.esp
LoversTamagoClub.esp
LoversMB2.esp
Vanilla Maternity Clothes.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
 LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

My NPC also flee after a rape ( not always, but often. Depends on the confidence value ).  But they flee until they can not see the player, when you follow they flee further away.

But not to a guard..

Do not know a Mod that does it.
At the moment I do not use LoversImmoralSisters, but I do not remember such a NPC behavior. But NPCs report Guards that you have raped, so it can the that Mod.

And by the way , your load order is a mess. You should sort it ( then I am sure you have to start a new game, because old save will not work right )
If you do not want to sort your load order (because your player is high level and you do not want to start a new game)  remember your wrong load order if you ever got problems.
If something does not work or you have many CTDs  it can be the wrong load order.
3 minutes ago, fejeena said:

My NPC also flee after a rape ( not always, but often. Depends on the confidence value ).  But they flee until they can not see the player, when you follow they flee further away.

But not to a guard..

Do not know a Mod that does it.
At the moment I do not use LoversImmoralSisters, but I do not remember such a NPC behavior. But NPCs report Guards that you have raped, so it can the that Mod.

And by the way , your load order is a mess. You should sort it ( then I am sure you have to start a new game, because old save will not work right )
If you do not want to sort your load order (because your player is high level and you do not want to start a new game)  remember your wrong load order if you ever got problems.
If something does not work or you have many CTDs  it can be the wrong load order.

I sorted the load order through LOOT (which in turn was run through TES Mod Manager). I don't know what a proper load order should look like, but the game seems pretty stable and my current save has over 150 hours on it. I've had a few CTDs, but nothing noteworthy. x3 I'll take a look at fixing my LO if I ever need to start a new game, though!

Oh, this is... weird. :v Since you mentioned Immoral Sisters, I decided to take a look in my game folder to see if that .esp was there. I used that one a long time ago, but thought I got rid of it so I wasn't sure why it was in the load order. Inside the Data folder, I found and "LoversImmoralSisters.esp.ghost", and also "FuroTrapGenerator.esp.ghost".

What the hell is does ".ghost" mean?!

Anyway, Immoral Sisters is definitely not active, so that can't be the issue.

NEVER USE LOOT FOR OBLIVION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read my yellow Link below.

Do not know what "ghost" is.  Mybe TESModmanger name not active Mods "ghost"

And I hope you use TES modmanger and not Nexus Modmanager. (Oblivion MM is also fine , but not Nexus! )

I use "TES Mod Manager for Oblivion". xD And... alright. I'll take care not to use LOOT to sort Oblivion mods. Unless I forget, in which case all bets are off. I opened up TES MM to check on those .esp files, and it looks like you're right. It just renames the disabled ones as .ghost to keep the game from detecting them.

Anyway, I still have no idea why my NPCs are running to guards. x.x Maybe someone else will be able to give me a hint!

Edit: Maybe I should just re-sort them properly right now and restart my game. But oh god, I would lose so much progress... and my special set of Rapist gear that makes me completely invisible! T-T

Edit 2: On the other hand, it wouldn't be a bad idea to completely erase all the mods that I haven't used. I can't even count the number of times I've added/removed/re-sorted mods with this playthrough. It must be causing problems somewhere, even if I can't see them.

Edit 3: My load order using BOSS was almost exactly the same. <.<

Spoiler

Oblivion.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
TamagoClub.esm
HiyokoClub.esm
LoversCreature.esm
CustomSpellIcons.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
Enhanced Economy.esp
Immersive Travelers.esp
kuerteeCleanUp.esp
OblivionReloaded.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
BisPainBringer.esp
DMRA BBB Complete Clothing and Armor Replacer.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
Better Benirus Manor - Helping Hands.esp
Kvatch Rebuilt.esp
Kvatch Rebuilt - No More Burned Ground.esp
Tavern-Goers 2.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
Knights.esp
DMRA BBB Knights of the Nine Replacer.esp
xuldarkforest.esp
xulStendarrValley.esp
xulTheHeath.esp
xulEntiusGorge.esp
xulFallenleafEverglade.esp
xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp
xulChorrolHinterland.esp
xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp
xulBravilBarrowfields.esp
xulLushWoodlands.esp
xulAncientYews.esp
xulAncientRedwoods.esp
xulCloudtopMountains.esp
xulArriusCreek.esp
xulPatch_AY_AC.esp
xulRollingHills_EV.esp
xulPantherRiver.esp
xulRiverEthe.esp
xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp
xulImperialIsle.esp
xulBlackwoodForest.esp
xulCheydinhalFalls.esp
xulAspenWood.esp
xulSkingradOutskirts.esp
xulSnowdale.esp
xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp
xulSilverfishRiverValley.esp
xulJerallGlacier.esp
xulTheEasternPeaks.esp
Unique Landscapes.esp
Arena No Raiment.esp
HUD Status Bars.esp
P1DkeyChain.esp
Pig.esp
RMDailyIncomeV2.esp
LoversTamagoClub.esp
HiyokoGenerator.esp
HiyokoGeneratorBroodMother.esp
HiyokoGeneratorGeneForge.esp
TamagoSetBody.esp
LoversSoundCreature.esp
LoversNeed.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversHooker.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP_HookerPatch.esp
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
LoversJoburg.esp
LoversSituations.esp
LoversBed.esp
LoversPayBandit.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
LoversBitch.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversBackup2.esp
LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp
LoversRapeSlave.esp
LoversMB2.esp
LoversLight.esp
LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp
LoversSlaveTrader.esp
LoversStripper.esp
LSTBravilUnderground.esp
Vanilla Maternity Clothes.esp
Lynges Unlimited Death Reload Time.esp
Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp
MadCompanionshipSpells.esp
SetBody.esp
No psychic guards v1.2.esp
Specialanims.esp
zzEstrus.esp
eyja.esp
1em_Vilja.esp
Companion Neeshka.esp
Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

... Well, maybe not that the same.

Edit 4: Well, I deleted my 150 hour save. Goodbye Sharra, you gloriously rapey dark elf. :c

Just now, movomo said:

Well damn shame. In my case I just write down my todo list of mod management somewhere and do it when I'm bored with whatever current character.

It is a sad day. But at least now I can be reasonably confident that my load order isn't messing things up. x3

Maybe I'll get super lucky and find that my victims no longer run to harass guards. :v

Why you delete the save? Is your save folder too big?  You can simply start a new game.

And you can try your old save, maybe it works.

Best you had done it before you sorted your load order.

create a clean save: Go in a interior cell ( a vanilla house or cave , not a Mod house. ). Use the wait funktion and wait 3x 24 hours (3 days).  Then all not needed things are delete (like respawning NPCs and creatures data , doors, ...)

Create a new save. Quit the game.

Sort your Mods.

Load the save.  Leave the interior cell , go back in and wait again 3 days.  Save

Quit the game to clean the RAM.

Start the game and load the save.  I can be that the save works now without problems.

You have already sorted your load order. But you can still try your old save. ( best a old save where you are in a vanilla cell )

Create a claen save (3 days wait) , quit the game.

Start game and load the clean save.

But it is best to start a new game after you have changed a lot of Mods in theload order. Add and delete on or two normally never causes problems ( only if you the a Mod and you are in the Mod location  :classic_wink:  )

And your Load order looks good now.

26 minutes ago, fejeena said:

Why you delete the save? Is your save folder too big?  You can simply start a new game.

And your Load order looks good now.

I decided to delete it just because of the probability that there were bugs built up behind the scenes. x3 Also, while I will miss my adorable, bitch-breaking dark elf girl, I don't mind having a chance to start over! I had already done nearly all the quests on that save, so I didn't have much left to do beyond sandboxing.

I'm glad the load order has your seal of approval now! Hopefully the whole thing will run more smoothly with everything in the right place. ❤️

Flee after rape is right.  And it is an attack.   My NPC flee or fight or do nothing, depends on confidence value  and disposition to player.

But why do his NPC flee to a guard? My NPC flee from the player, out of sight.  If I follow they flee more.... and my NPC do not stop if there is a guard, they flee as long as the player is near.

But his NPCs all gather by a guard.

??? What will happen when you rape the guard ??? The guard flee and all NPC follow him ???  :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, gregathit said:

If they still keep fleeing after rape, try disabling the estrus flee setting:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/86272-attempting-to-identify-the-source-of-a-embarrassed-covering-animation/

If that doesn't work, it could just be that they are behaving correctly in that they count rape as an attack and flee after an attack.

The topic you linked to is actually my own, from a long while back. x3 After that was solved, I was always careful to set up Estrus properly!

3 minutes ago, fejeena said:

??? What will happen when you rape the guard ??? The guard flee and all NPC follow him ???  :classic_laugh:

I might have to try that and find out! Sadly, it seems that correcting the load order and starting a new game didn't solve this quirk... I might have to learn to live with it if no-one else has ever seen it. x.x

1 minute ago, fejeena said:

Normally a guard does not flee. After a rape he talks to  the player and arrest him ( if you do not have a Mod to pay with sex )

Yep. Sharra 2.0 is now languishing in the dungeon. xD

Archived