How to use 3D eyelashes and glasses at the same time?

As the title says, I'm having trouble using both at the same time. Tried using Kijiko's 3D eyelashes as a skin tone but it made the nails disappear and caused other visual glitches. Seeing that glasses and earrings work fine, could I make a pair of glasses that uses the earrings slot or something? Point me in the right direction, please.

Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, gpt1128 said:

As the title says, I'm having trouble using both at the same time. Tried using Kijiko's 3D eyelashes as a skin tone but it made the nails disappear and caused other visual glitches. Seeing that glasses and earrings work fine, could I make a pair of glasses that uses the earrings slot or something? Point me in the right direction, please.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can change lashes to earrings, or face paint, or hats, etc. There are a couple that use a skin detail slot as well.

I've tried to make the 3D eyelashes work with glasses by moving them to another slot, but the transparency did not work properly (even after fiddling with multiple parameters that felt relevant) - the eyelashes would be rendered after the glasses.

So currently I use either the 3D eyelashes (with no glasses) or, similarly to R-Lo, this eyeliner with 2D drawn eyelashes (with glasses) and the difference between the two is barely noticeable unless in extreme close-ups.

2 hours ago, erplederp said:

I've tried to make the 3D eyelashes work with glasses by moving them to another slot, but the transparency did not work properly (even after fiddling with multiple parameters that felt relevant) - the eyelashes would be rendered after the glasses.

So currently I use either the 3D eyelashes (with no glasses) or, similarly to R-Lo, this eyeliner with 2D drawn eyelashes (with glasses) and the difference between the two is barely noticeable unless in extreme close-ups.

I also did a version that was assigned to the hats section and removed the lenses but it still caused problems with the lashes unfortunately and they still looked real blocky

Also I forgot to mention that I changed the tag for the lashes I used, 

Like this one it's set to eyeliner so I've moved it to brow ring slot so that I can use it at same time as a eyeliner 

@2cool4u_1 Yep, the pictures show the effect clearly.

I just wanted to add that this might be a general issue of TS4 engine when it comes to the rendering order of transparent stuff. The same effect happens with the eyelashes, some nails and alpha hair when a sim is in the shower or sauna - these sometimes get rendered after the water mist or semi-transparent shower door. Or maybe there's a shader/material parameter somewhere which would fix this when properly set... *shrugs*

3 hours ago, erplederp said:

@2cool4u_1 Yep, the pictures show the effect clearly.

I just wanted to add that this might be a general issue of TS4 engine when it comes to the rendering order of transparent stuff. The same effect happens with the eyelashes, some nails and alpha hair when a sim is in the shower or sauna - these sometimes get rendered after the water mist or semi-transparent shower door. Or maybe there's a shader/material parameter somewhere which would fix this when properly set... *shrugs*

Uggh.... Now you got me thinking about this issue again. I originally (when I first started using the lashes) thought it had to do with the fact that they were both glasses, using the same texture spaces. I then started noticing the shower bug you mentioned, and the stairs bug (alpha hairs becoming invisible when looking through stairs). I've also noticed it with a few curtains. However, windows of various transparency seem to have no issue (at least not that I remember), and posting those pictures; the mirror glasses seemingly have no transparency. So.... I'm thinking you may be on to something with the material parameter idea. There may be a preset order on certain items, involving specific materials / shaders. Alas, this is EA (not to sound like I'm insulting them yet again), and seemingly connected issues are not, while seemingly unconnected ones are intertwined symbiotically.

--I'll never forget playing EA's NHL series where player salaries were broken. When they patched it, it broke the goal horn sound effects. Patching that broke the salaries again. They patched it back and forth 4 times before announcing that they were interconnected and could not both be fixed. Since then, the series introduced a "Patch version" setting (later called "Tuner version") so that players could pick which patch they want to use, thereby picking which bugs they want fixed as opposed to others.

Yeah the eyelashes as makeup could do it for now until someone on the community (highly doubt it will be EA themselves) finds a workaround.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions, I really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, gpt1128 said:

Yeah the eyelashes as makeup could do it for now until someone on the community (highly doubt it will be EA themselves) finds a workaround.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions, I really appreciate it.

No problem! 

I've also used this before, 

https://notegain.tumblr.com/post/103994318013/easy-design-3d-eyelashes

Not as potent as kijiko ones but it looked ok when combined with the make up version to enhance their side view a bit

On 5/2/2019 at 1:30 AM, Julie J said:

Kijiko's no EA lashes are available now as a skin detail which works better.

They will conflict with autobanned's tongue, -the 2b verssion that has no EA lashes included.

They should work with 2a version though. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Kijiko lashes appear in 2 locations in CAS: Click on "Body > Accessories" and also click "Face > Body Details". For the ones that work with glasses, click on "Face > Body Details". The ones that appear there are used with glasses. The ones in "Body > Accessories" conflict with glasses and are actually assigned to "Accessories > Rings" for some odd reason.

03-10-24_1-28-31 PM.png

Edited by Sandatharius