Bannered Mare CTD (Possibly DD related)

55 minutes ago, Nekolord6902 said:

Eyo (My Hello) I've started to run into a problem where, whenever i enter the BanneredMare i get a ctd. Straight away with no explanation.  I was wondering if anyone could help me.

If it helps, here is my papyrus log and load order.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Have a Nice Day :)

Papyrus.0.log 1.89 MB · 0 downloads LoadOrder_SkyrimSE_2019-04-23T01-03-01.txt 7.49 kB · 1 download

If you are familiar with the use of the console use the coc (center on cell) command and see if you can get into the Bannered Mare with it. If you cannot then one of your mods has corrupted a mesh in the Bannered Mare and you'll need to try to figure out which one is the culprit.

Eyo

Thanks for the advice, i've figured out which mod it was, deviously cursed loot. I'll see if coc-ing fixes it, hopefully. Although, i've unchecked it, entered the bannered mare, saved without the mod then loaded it back up with the mod and still got a ctd, maybe i'll actually uninstall it and do a "clean" reinstall. If coc-ing doesn;t help.

Have a Nice Day

1 minute ago, Nekolord6902 said:

Eyo

Thanks for the advice, i've figured out which mod it was, deviously cursed loot. I'll see if coc-ing fixes it, hopefully. Although, i've unchecked it, entered the bannered mare, saved without the mod then loaded it back up with the mod and still got a ctd, maybe i'll actually uninstall it and do a "clean" reinstall. If coc-ing doesn;t help.

Have a Nice Day

It sounds like reloading is EXACTLY what you need to do.

Eyo

So, I've decided to just not bother with DCL any more, I had my fun but I wanna free up space in my load order. I uninstalled all my devious device related mods and found I got ctds when trying to save. Reinstalling devious deviced fixed it but i dont want it anymore. Any idea on how to get rid of it? Any way to cleanly uninstall it?

Thanks for the help

1 hour ago, Nekolord6902 said:

Eyo

So, I've decided to just not bother with DCL any more, I had my fun but I wanna free up space in my load order. I uninstalled all my devious device related mods and found I got ctds when trying to save. Reinstalling devious deviced fixed it but i dont want it anymore. Any idea on how to get rid of it? Any way to cleanly uninstall it?

Thanks for the help

I recommend against doing it but I can tell you how it's done. My experience, and the experience of others, is that nothing completely cleans saves. Your best bet is just to start a new game without the mods you don't want.

That being said, you need two tools:

NetImmerse Override Cleaner found here on LL:

and ReSaver which is part of Fallrim Tools found on Nexus. Both are intuitive and you should be able to clean your save with them (that is, you need both).

i've had issues with DCL and only shut off ZAZ, DCL and any flagged ESP. load the save (popup blah blah is missing do you want to load anyway) yes. do not move if it loads up. immediately save on top of that last save. (ps don't run fnis between this) Yes i know it sounds bad... you WILL t-pose. save it anyway, get out. run fnis and save your new fnis file as usual. reload it and it (should) fix the CDT and save your playthrough. and since you redid fnis for the mods you now have, you should be good.

EDIT: i only do this because apparently falrim tools isn't as intiutive as it should be for a programming idiot like me. :P 

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:42 PM, jaeos said:

EDIT: i only do this because apparently falrim tools isn't as intiutive as it should be for a programming idiot like me. :P 

You mean something like this? ?

Spoiler

FallrimTools  

After uninstalling a mod it might be a good idea to run this tool to remove remnants of scripts.

The safe route:

Spoiler

Load the savegame

FT1.png.9c1c48ae93d7d7500aa288de2c760e77.png

Now choose this option

FT2.png.23d21f6c8a30bd4193fa667eb3a834db.png

Save and you're done.

The better but riskier route: Use this with caution! It might break your savegame!

Spoiler

Load the savegame

FT1.png.9c1c48ae93d7d7500aa288de2c760e77.png

Now choose this Option

FT2.png.23d21f6c8a30bd4193fa667eb3a834db.png

Now the check for remaining 'undefined elements'

FT3.png.9a83e85bb6ccf568acc96ce1aa2da07b.png

FT4.png.07f0b85df78f1b19ee2cb1e4a11a65f3.png

Only remove the ones where you KNOW EXACTLY that they are not needed anymore!

Save and you're done.

Archived