AAF Not Working

I've been trying to use the Advanced Animation Framework, but I doesn't seem to be working. I know that the .esm is installed and enabled, but I can't even get the in-game debug to work. I did manage to get a papyrus log with a full debug (attached below), meant to be opened with the Real-time Event Error Log. Any idea what might be broken?

Papyrus.0.log

41 minutes ago, Superscrub1 said:

I've been trying to use the Advanced Animation Framework, but I doesn't seem to be working. I know that the .esm is installed and enabled, but I can't even get the in-game debug to work. I did manage to get a papyrus log with a full debug (attached below), meant to be opened with the Real-time Event Error Log. Any idea what might be broken?

Papyrus.0.log 114.77 kB · 0 downloads

1. There is a support page for AAF where you downloaded the mod. That is where I'd place this Papyrus report.
  2. There are guides (link in my spoiler) where you can find out if you installed everything correctly or did something wrong.
  3. There is a tool on the Discord support thread (mentioned on my guide) that will, when followed the instructions, help with many of the core problems you might have with your install.
2 hours ago, Superscrub1 said:

Papyrus.0.log 114.77 kB · 1 download

These errors

[04/21/2019 - 11:44:01AM] error: Native function RegisterForKey in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.
[04/21/2019 - 11:44:01AM] error: Native function UnregisterForKey in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.
[04/21/2019 - 11:44:01AM] error: Native function RegisterForControl in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.

indicate that you don't have the F4SE scripts installed.  AAF will not work without them.

You need to install the Data folder from the F4SE archive into your Fallout 4 folder.

5 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

These errors

[04/21/2019 - 11:44:01AM] error: Native function RegisterForKey in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.
[04/21/2019 - 11:44:01AM] error: Native function UnregisterForKey in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.
[04/21/2019 - 11:44:01AM] error: Native function RegisterForControl in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ScriptObject. Function will not be bound.

indicate that you don't have the F4SE scripts installed.  AAF will not work without them.

You need to install the Data folder from the F4SE archive into your Fallout 4 folder.

This worked! Upon further inspection, it appears that I forgot to move the data folder for F4SE into the Fallout data folder. Thanks for the help!

8 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

These errors

This is a good one to know. I've been trying to familiarize myself with getting to know a little more about some of the obvious things to look for in peoples papyrus logs. I've had this exact same thing come up twice now with 2 different people and didn't have a answer for them. Now I do, thnx. So are you doing enough changes to SEU and Violate that are gonna force me to finally update my AAF and FO4 to enjoy? Lol

Lets not forget (or better yet now is a great time to  mention) that there is a tool on Discord (#tool section) which when installed according ot the instructions and run will give a report of many of the issues for the AAF install. Post that back on the support thread there and many of those that frequent there could give you the answers you might need.

8 hours ago, walkin said:

This is a good one to know. I've been trying to familiarize myself with getting to know a little more about some of the obvious things to look for in peoples papyrus logs. I've had this exact same thing come up twice now with 2 different people and didn't have a answer for them. Now I do, thnx. So are you doing enough changes to SEU and Violate that are gonna force me to finally update my AAF and FO4 to enjoy? Lol

The new versions of those mods that I am getting ready to release soon will require AAF Beta 73 or later.  They will still basically work with versions 0.58 or later, but they take advantage of bug fixes in more recent AAF releases, so it really behooves you to upgrade.

people please help !! I've got everything done with the plan, the description I have f4se and everything is properly installed

but how to run it in the game, I do not know how it goes, how to have sex in this game. since I have everything, how to run it, and hell?????

2 hours ago, beepbepe said:

Same issue. I have F4SE installed, i've tried everything that comes to mind. Having only the mod and its requirements enabled. To reinstalling fallout 4. Nothing works. Another mod that also does not work for is Transfer Settlements.

Did you try the tool I pointed out just a few post above. (on the same page as this post? )

Archived