Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

1 hour ago, akadeadpool said:

The creature framework seems to working too inconsistantly and dependantly with SL Arousal. Now there's multiple instance where creature is aroused enough to engage in sex but for some reason not enough to equip schlong,

How come CF don't strip creature and put on nude mesh automatically like SL framework? The way CF work sounds like it's asking for bugs.

Creature framework its just a mess, sometimes it works, sometimes it just breaks, and its pretty random about it.  i do not reccoment trying to fix it, its not worth it since it will break as soon as you touch something else.

does anyone knows about a mod that allows multiple marriage? i have a bunch of high tier followers yet its a shame that i cant share my love with all of them (i have looked up on nexus yet "to have and to hold" seems one of those mods that breaks often, and most of the others seem too old to be usable. Or unecesarily complex to use, i just want to marry more than 1 spouse at the time.. probaly way more than 1)

Same goes for followers sadly, im too stupid to find any mod that *just* increases the follower limit, and dont add unecesary stuff.

@Jessica_Degurechaff I cannot say about multiple marriages, but if you go the next step, I can confirm that multiple adoptions with FM Fixes and tweaks patch works just fine (born children look ugly as F, but you got to love them just the way they are!).

@Aylis and everyone else that has installed HASTE. Is it fully working for you? Lockpicks keep weightless and no XP from tanning or smelting. Blink, torches and no sidestep works though. Both on old and new game.

Any thoughts on this mod? looks interesting: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/43312

Hello, today I've started fiddling around with Skyrim SE after leaving behind a 300+ mods Legendary Edition. So I've done all the modding a few years ago in LE and 80% of it was trial and error, but right now I can't quite put my finger on what's the issue that I'm having.

I'm trying to install body physics and collisions using this guide, by installing CBBE 3BBB with HDT-SMP + CBPC, but for some reason everything works (butt and belly) but boobs have no physics. What am I doing wrong? By using the HDT-SMP only option, nothing moves at all, and by using only CBPC everything works. The installation guide tells me there's a hotkey to press for HDT-SMP but I can't for the life of me find which one. I'd appreciate help because I've always been stuck with physics and such, it's literally my nightmare.

19 minutes ago, ikarn15 said:

Hello, today I've started fiddling around with Skyrim SE after leaving behind a 300+ mods Legendary Edition. So I've done all the modding a few years ago in LE and 80% of it was trial and error, but right now I can't quite put my finger on what's the issue that I'm having.

I'm trying to install body physics and collisions using this guide, by installing CBBE 3BBB with HDT-SMP + CBPC, but for some reason everything works (butt and belly) but boobs have no physics. What am I doing wrong? By using the HDT-SMP only option, nothing moves at all, and by using only CBPC everything works. The installation guide tells me there's a hotkey to press for HDT-SMP but I can't for the life of me find which one. I'd appreciate help because I've always been stuck with physics and such, it's literally my nightmare.

HDT-SMP has to load before CBPC, you have two options:

1 - rename cbp.dll in xcbp.dll (dlls load in alphabetical order)

2 - create an empty text file named hdtSMP64_preload.txt where hdtSMP64.dll is, that'll make it load before anything else.

You can check the hotkeys in the MCM, should be numpad numbers by default.

2 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Creature framework its just a mess, sometimes it works, sometimes it just breaks, and its pretty random about it.  i do not reccoment trying to fix it, its not worth it since it will break as soon as you touch something else.

Sadly that is the momentary state. Whenever i fix it it's just temporary 'til another update comes (if it doesn't decide to break on its own). Atm i see it as a waste of time trying to fix it again and again and again...

42 minutes ago, ChwX said:

Lockpicks keep weightless and no XP from tanning or smelting. 

Any thoughts on this mod? looks interesting: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/43312

1. Got to look at the lockpicks. Rest works.

2. Nah, please not something with more followers that get into your way, or wake the whole enemy camp, or...

30 minutes ago, ikarn15 said:

What am I doing wrong? By using the HDT-SMP only option, nothing moves at all, and by using only CBPC everything works. The installation guide tells me there's a hotkey to press for HDT-SMP but I can't for the life of me find which one. I'd appreciate help because I've always been stuck with physics and such, it's literally my nightmare.

'Troubleshooting' on page #1. I made a thread for this... And check the MCM too.

Any experience with these mods compatibility/quality wise?

1) Settlements Expanded

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7777

There are some patches to make it work with stuff. Allegedly (in the comments) it works with "JK's Complete, Dawn of Skyrim, and Arthmoor's mods".

2) Skyrim Better Roads

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2640

I see that the list includes Blended Roads. Is BR better? More compatible?

On 4/4/2021 at 8:39 PM, Just Don't said:

Net Script Framework. Make sure crash logs are enabled and check them if you crash again. If it's a reproducible issue it should be listed in the Possible relevant objects part of the log.

I took your advice and now I get CTDs right after the title screen finishes loading lol. I've since uninstalled it and its prereq but the problem persists so now it's time to start deactivating things haha 

2 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Same goes for followers sadly, im too stupid to find any mod that *just* increases the follower limit, and dont add unecesary stuff.

As this mod list is not really designed for lots of followers, one way to deal with follower type NPCs is to use a mod like:

1) Bathing Beauties or Beefcake - Luxury Suite SE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5646

With this mod, as you find NPC's in-game that you like, you can invite them to live at BBLS, without making them actual followers. They chill there. Then later you can swap out one or more (or none) to take with you as followers. Its like a fancy version of MHIYH. And the mod can produce a small income for your character. Actively developed.

2) I have also had good luck with Nether's Follower Framework to manage followers (less buggy for me than the older follower frameworks). Its a "multi-follower system that is light on game resources and allows for up to 10 companions at one time":

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18076

12 minutes ago, unknownwake said:

I took your advice and now I get CTDs right after the title screen finishes loading lol. I've since uninstalled it and its prereq but the problem persists so now it's time to start deactivating things haha 

Likely missing a requirement or something else done bad. I have it installed atm and everything is okay. You should probably do a bit of check-everything-from-the-ground-up.

Sometimes, my PC goes into the annoying "T-shape" mode.  When I begin to move her, she eventually snaps out of it and begins to move normally.  I have both FNIS and Nemesis Outputs installed.  Do I need to run these again?  Human sex animations generally work except when there's some sort of glitch. 

33 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

does someone knows where the plugin_sync folder of MO2 its located? im installing Sync Load Order Plugin for Mod Organizer 2

Just follow the directions on the first page of the mod's Nexus Mod page:

To install, extract the folder 'plugin_sync' to your Mod Organizer Plugins Folder.

To use the plugin, select Tools > Tool Plugins > Sync Plugins from the menu bar at the top of the Mod Organizer Window.
Viola! Your plugins will now be sorted to match the order of their origin mod in the left pane.

So after you manually download the mod, you will extract "plugin sync" to the Plugins folder inside your MO2 folder.

4 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Likely missing a requirement or something else done bad. I have it installed atm and everything is okay. You should probably do a bit of check-everything-from-the-ground-up.

yeah the culprit is CBPC for some reason???? a mod I haven't touched since installing and doesn't affect the title screen in any way? HDT and SINfulCBP both work perfectly fine in multiple combinations.

Love to mod video games.

This would, however, line up with the seemingly random CTDs I was getting earlier... More investigation is needed I guess!

This is my first post and the first thing I want to do is to give my thanks to Aylis. I had never modded anything before and looking for information, I was lucky enough to stumble upon this monster of a guide. I wouldn't have been able to mod without it. Since january I have been following closely this thread, the guide and the updates. Being new to modding, I have had my good share of goofyness trying to mod my game, and my fair share of mistakes. When a problem arised it was something that I didn't do or did wrongly when following the guide. I can see how difficult and time consuming can be to put together a list and a guide like this one. I really think that Aylis does a wonderful job explaining and making things accessible to the point that a total noob like me has started from 0 to being able to mod Skyrim and transform it in an incredible looking game that also runs smoothly. So thanks, Aylis.

I have found, however, a couple of problems that I was able to solve in my own way. Some others that I was not. First was with DAR - Diverse Equipment Idle and  DAR - Smooth Combat Non Combat. They didn't work together for me. The idles from Smooth Combat didn't show in my game, and I found out that my character was always using the idles from Diverse Equipment. So I changed manually the numbers of the folders in Smooth Combat and set their priority higher (higher numbers) than those of Diverse Equipment Idle. Now it works, although I am not sure if my char is using any animation form Diverse Equipment Idle anymore and this one is now redundant. I like the result, though.

Other problem was, of course, with More Nasty Critters Special Edition and Creature Framework. In this case, it was the very well known problem that the aroused meshes don't apply or don't stay during the animations. Well... digging into the deeps of LL forums I found a solution that has worked for me like a charm. I am using an older version of the Creature Framework, version 1.1.0. But to make it work you have to put MNC above CF. Now it works consistently. I have no idea why or how it works this way, but it does for me...

One problem that doesn't bother me that much has to do with High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition 2.0. According to Nexus, many people have the same issue - some NPC's are bald. Since I have found only male characters with this problem, it does not bother me at all. (Many men are bald in real life, so that is fine with me...). In any case, using the other mod suggested in the guide, High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition, solves this issue. (I am keeping 2.0 version because I like its characters much more than the old version, no matter if some of them are bald).

Spoiler

ScreenShot2.thumb.png.598fdd9cc3be2378aadd334354177971.pngScreenShot3.thumb.png.24d01104d254cfb2830ead018e287d4d.png

A mod that doesn't work for me and I had to remove is Capital Windhelm HPNPC and KS Hair Patch JS. This mod gives some NPC's in Windhelm the dreaded black face bug. Yes, I rechecked the load order, redownloaded the mods, reinstall... Nothing... I might need to check further to see if I can find a different solution, but taking this mod out of the list, at least those NPC's recover some color... Yes, they are not using HPH, but they are only just a few and I can live with that. (I post here an image of what I get from the console in case anyone knows a possible way to solve the issue).

Spoiler

ScreenShot5.thumb.png.20bc2fcf07f4991559b224d1bfd61996.png

Anyways, my game works very well and it looks amazing. Thanks Aylis for all the work, for the updates, for the troubleshooting, for running Dyndolod so many times, and for putting together a guide like this one. I think it is the best out there and it got me from zero to a heavily modded Skyrim that looks and runs amazingly. 

Really nice guide, i'm new to modding, but tried a little in the past / other games. The main problem that i have is.... which mods go into MO2 and which i have to install otherwhise.... ENB you should install per hand ok, but whats about ENB helper? or the cleaned dlc? or the cleaned textures?

1 hour ago, xxfumaxx said:

Really nice guide, i'm new to modding, but tried a little in the past / other games. The main problem that i have is.... which mods go into MO2 and which i have to install otherwhise.... ENB you should install per hand ok, but whats about ENB helper? or the cleaned dlc? or the cleaned textures?

Pretty much all of the mods go into MO2. If you download something manually (i.e. it comes down outside of MO2) then you might have to manually install it. Usually in such cases, there are installation instructions in the mod's description page. The engine fixes for example, has two parts: one you download and run through MO2, and the other part you manually download and extract into the skyrim se folder. 

In the case of the three you mentioned, they are all installed into MO2. In the case of this list, post #3 has special instructions for some of the more complex mods you can check out. Otherwise, unless the mod's description page says otherwise, it goes into MO2 normally.

Is there female PC oriented mod for quests like Amourous Adventure for male PC?

It doesn't have to be like AA, just need to be multiple chain of questline. After browsing LL, Trouble for Heroine fits the bill but after reading its forum, the mods seems to be a bit bug infested.

@Jessica_Degurechaff @Aylis

Ok so about Creature Framework, I manage to get it working more reliably (meaning less likely creature engages in sex without its schlong).

Turns out the arousal system for CF is completely asinine as it use two arousal counter separately (SL Aroused Redux and MNC's CF). I don't know which one is responsible for engagement, which one is responsible for mesh change so I just make sure the 2 mods have the same scan interval.

For CF, in Performance, set Cloak Cooldown to something like 30-60. In General, set arousal threshold to 1 for safety measure.

For SL Aroused, in Settings, set Cell Scan frequency Seconds to match the value of Cloak Cooldown above.

If i'm a bit silent for now it is because i'm working hard on the flora update.

The LO is getting complicated as the mods i'm going to add overlap and i have to figure those out. But one thing i can already confirm, it will look a lot better than now... Non-standard plants and trees get mixed in, bushes that will hide you (or enemies), overgrown areas and a few things more. You're going to like it. :)

Wasn't someone asking for transfering skills and equipment from an old save to a new one? This might help: Ethereal Incarnation - Player Data Transfer

I might add that to 'Tools' later.

-----------------------------------------------------

Five Main Menu Wallpapers Number 4 and 5 work well with our ENB.

2 hours ago, asebw said:

Pretty much all of the mods go into MO2. If you download something manually (i.e. it comes down outside of MO2) then you might have to manually install it. Usually in such cases, there are installation instructions in the mod's description page. The engine fixes for example, has two parts: one you download and run through MO2, and the other part you manually download and extract into the skyrim se folder. 

In the case of the three you mentioned, they are all installed into MO2. In the case of this list, post #3 has special instructions for some of the more complex mods you can check out. Otherwise, unless the mod's description page says otherwise, it goes into MO2 normally.

Thank you :) what do you mean "outside MO2"? Usually i go / follow the link to the mod and download it manually and install it over the "Install Mod" button. Do you guys always install via link / mod manager download?

48 minutes ago, xxfumaxx said:

Thank you :) what do you mean "outside MO2"? Usually i go / follow the link to the mod and download it manually and install it over the "Install Mod" button. Do you guys always install via link / mod manager download?

There are a handful of files that can't be installed with MO2. Namely, SKSE dlls and exe, ENB dlls, other dlls from mods like SSE Engine Fixes. Anything that goes in ...\Data\... can be installed with MO2. Things I mentioned before are placed in the game folder, not inside \Data which is why MO2 won't be able to manage these files.

Spoiler

image.png.8fce52db4a5c7c9323105038c86a84af.png

My rule of thumb is check the description and know a bit about the type of mod files inside. I tend to use the mod manager download button whenever it's available. In time you'll develop a natural filter for that.

2 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Is there female PC oriented mod for quests like Amourous Adventure for male PC?

It doesn't have to be like AA, just need to be multiple chain of questline. After browsing LL, Trouble for Heroine fits the bill but after reading its forum, the mods seems to be a bit bug infested.

@Jessica_Degurechaff @Aylis

Ok so about Creature Framework, I manage to get it working more reliably (meaning less likely creature engages in sex without its schlong).

Turns out the arousal system for CF is completely asinine as it use two arousal counter separately (SL Aroused Redux and MNC's CF). I don't know which one is responsible for engagement, which one is responsible for mesh change so I just make sure the 2 mods have the same scan interval.

For CF, in Performance, set Cloak Cooldown to something like 30-60. In General, set arousal threshold to 1 for safety measure.

For SL Aroused, in Settings, set Cell Scan frequency Seconds to match the value of Cloak Cooldown above.

AA can be played with a female character, well, at least part of it can. Or are you looking for something that is male centric targets rather than women?

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

If i'm a bit silent for now it is because i'm working hard on the flora update.

The LO is getting complicated as the mods i'm going to add overlap and i have to figure those out. But one thing i can already confirm, it will look a lot better than now... Non-standard plants and trees get mixed in, bushes that will hide you (or enemies), overgrown areas and a few things more. You're going to like it. :)

Wasn't someone asking for transfering skills and equipment from an old save to a new one? This might help: Ethereal Incarnation - Player Data Transfer

I might add that to 'Tools' later.

-----------------------------------------------------

Five Main Menu Wallpapers Number 4 and 5 work well with our ENB.

Any ETA yet on when the update is coming down by chance? Have to redo my DynDOLODs, and I am curious if Its soonish enough to wait.

@Thardrim

Very good first post. ?

Thats the sort of feedback i need and a few things i'll take another closer look at.

@asebw

Depends if i find a bug in DynDOLOD. The grass at least is now working as i wanted it to (found the troublemaker). If all goes as planned within 48 hours.

3 hours ago, Just Don't said:

There are a handful of files that can't be installed with MO2. Namely, SKSE dlls and exe, ENB dlls, other dlls from mods like SSE Engine Fixes. Anything that goes in ...\Data\... can be installed with MO2. Things I mentioned before are placed in the game folder, not inside \Data which is why MO2 won't be able to manage these files.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.8fce52db4a5c7c9323105038c86a84af.png

My rule of thumb is check the description and know a bit about the type of mod files inside. I tend to use the mod manager download button whenever it's available. In time you'll develop a natural filter for that.

Yeah i got it, whenever there's no mod manager button, i have to do it myself.... thx :)