Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

53 minutes ago, Blazeofdragon said:

If i where to install anything that replaces something,, that should be higher on the list for what you tell me, right? 

No!

The last mod installed overwrites the files above it.

Lets take 'JK's Skyrim'. For its patches to work they have to be below the original file. And this is for both sides in MO2.

Same goes for textures (this example might be easier). The game 'reads' the textures and applies them.

Mod 1 says -> grass is brown        <gets applied and you have brown grass

now you have later

Mod 2 says -> grass is red            <gets applied, overwrites mod 1, and you now get red grass

now you get down to the third and last mod in the list that touches grass

Mod 3 says -> grass is green        <gets applied, overwrites mod 1 and mod 2, and you end up with green grass

And again i type too slow...

28 minutes ago, Aylis said:

No!

The last mod installed overwrites the files above it.

Lets take 'JK's Skyrim'. For its patches to work they have to be below the original file. And this is for both sides in MO2.

Same goes for textures (this example might be easier). The game 'reads' the textures and applies them.

Mod 1 says -> grass is brown        <gets applied and you have brown grass

now you have later

Mod 2 says -> grass is red            <gets applied, overwrites mod 1, and you now get red grass

now you get down to the third and last mod in the list that touches grass

Mod 3 says -> grass is green        <gets applied, overwrites mod 1 and mod 2, and you end up with green grass

And again i type too slow...

Thanks for clarifing, i was about to start swapping the mod list. 

also, i hate bothering the authors of the mods (list on this case) becaus eim sure you already spend a lot of time in this, but i legit need the help, sorry.

Im having problems in this part:
1. Install Nemesis just below FNIS (but DON'T activate the mod yet!)

2. Run FNIS normally

3, Create your 'FNIS Output' from overwrite and activate it

4. Now deactivate the main mod for FNIS and activate Nemesis

5. Run the update and move the files from 'Overwrite' to 'Nemesis'.

6. Now select 'Jump Behaviour Overhaul' and 'Movement Behaviour Overhaul' in the list.

7. Let Nemesis run through

8. Create your 'Nemesis Output' from overwrite, activate it and let it overwrite 'FNIS Output'

9. Done

1- Ok
2- Done
3- Overwrite haves: Meshes, scripts, tools> Create mod, activate      Done
4- I guess also FNIS Creatures, in any case i tried both deactivate Creatures and not.    Done, deactivated FNIS main and activated nemesis.
5- I guess run the "update engine" at nemesis, done.   I guess that means opening Overwrite, grabbing the Nemesis_Engine folder and dropping it into nemesis.. done. 
6- Done
7- I guess "launch nemesis" on nemesis, Done, it just closes. Hope thats normal. 
8- I guess that means having it as a higher priority in the mod list?  Done
9- No idea since im still installing the mod list and personal mods

Help pls

Pd: do i need to reactive FNIS after all this proccess? I guess it should be done when no other mod wil be installed

And, if i plan to install Sexlab mods (like babo dialoge or whatever mod i like) should i do it when? At the very end? or just when i start with the "loverslab" category on your mod list?   And what about lewd armor replacers, At the end? Or at the "armor" category on your list? (and should it be at the end of that category?)

@Blazeofdragon

- I literally did. Watch a video on how to use FNIS, how to use Nemesis, and how to make an Overwrite. Then go back and read my post. It will make more sense.

- Almost. You're starting at the top of the list and working your way down. So in the final section, right after CBEE 3BBB and the SL triggers compatible patch. Do it where the list says FNIS Overwrite.

- Install only what's on the list. If you start replacing things, chances are nobody is going to be able to help you here and you'll have to go somewhere else for troubleshooting. But, yes, what mknn said.

@wakawakaw Which files? The Sexlab ones? There aren't many files you're installing manually. If you link MO2 to your Nexus account, then you only need to click on the first mod in the list, it will open the Nexus page, and then download the one you need. MO2 will automatically add it to the downloads section. From there, right click it, install it, and activate it, then move on to the second link in the list and keep going down. The only mods you'd install manually are the ones that don't have a link to the Nexus page, and that's like 1% of them. For those, click the wrench/screwdriver icon in the middle, click install mod, and choose the file you manually downloaded.

@Aylis I've found that when I want truly green grass, I use this. Also helps with the water.

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Blazeofdragon

- I literally did. Watch a video on how to use FNIS, how to use Nemesis, and how to make an Overwrite. Then go back and read my post. It will make more sense.

- Almost. You're starting at the top of the list and working your way down. So in the final section, right after CBEE 3BBB and the SL triggers compatible patch. Do it where the list says FNIS Overwrite.

- Install only what's on the list. If you start replacing things, chances are nobody is going to be able to help you here and you'll have to go somewhere else for troubleshooting. But, yes, what mknn said.

- already did, still failure, even following step by step and checking 2 times that i was doing what im supposed to do, duno man.
-Got it, will try when i hit that part of the list, if im not mistaked its on the final mods, the final cetegory.
- thats what im doing, so far i have only skipped the HD armor replacer and some male focused mods (since i will install a mod that turns males on females)
The thing is that, the mods that i plan to install are more on the "retexture this and change that" nothing scrip heavy.
But WHEN i should install those mods its what im wondering, for example a skimpy armor replacer, and like 4 mods for SexLab.  I guess armors just on the armor category.
But the loverslab mods? At the end? pair with the loverslab cetegory?

Sorry for being so dense.

You're not being dense, don't worry about that. You're just learning, so it's daunting at first.

- When you say failure, what do you mean? A CTD when you load the game usually isn't going to be caused by any physics changes from FNIS or Nemesis. If that's wrong, you'll just see characters t-posing. If that's what's going on, you'll need to disable a section (starting at the bottom and working your way up) until you find the section that has the problematic mod. Then tick them off one by one until you find the one that's causing the issue. Then people here can probably help, or point you somewhere. (I usually leave Live Another Life activated through the whole testing process. It isn't going to interfere with anything and you can more quickly start a new game without riding on the stupid cart with Ulfric.)

- Bingo

- I use a small handful of mods not on the list, but I try to put them in a place that would make sense. Put your armor mods in the armor section, sexlab mods in the sexlab section, etc. In general, I put them on the bottom of the section, but also make sure they're not going to interfere with anything in the list. Chances are that it isn't going to, as long as you're not trying to replace an entire framework mod like CBBE with UNP or something like that. If it's just a standalone skimpy armor mod, it can pretty much go anywhere. Just put it at the bottom of the armor section. If it's replacing a lot of them, put it the same place but just remember this list is built around realism and you're going to be replacing some very nice armor. Look at the requirements, compatibilities, and incompatibilities for mods you're adding, particularly the sexlab ones. Chances are, the requirements for the sexlab mods you add will already be part of the list. Remember that you can double-click on the mod name and it will bring up a menu that will show you if the mod in question is overwriting something or being overwritten by something).

5 minutes ago, wollboi said:

You're not being dense, don't worry about that. You're just learning, so it's daunting at first.

- When you say failure, what do you mean? A CTD when you load the game usually isn't going to be caused by any physics changes from FNIS or Nemesis. If that's wrong, you'll just see characters t-posing. If that's what's going on, you'll need to disable a section (starting at the bottom and working your way up) until you find the section that has the problematic mod. Then tick them off one by one until you find the one that's causing the issue. Then people here can probably help, or point you somewhere. (I usually leave Live Another Life activated through the whole testing process. It isn't going to interfere with anything and you can more quickly start a new game without riding on the stupid cart with Ulfric.)

- Bingo

- I use a small handful of mods not on the list, but I try to put them in a place that would make sense. Put your armor mods in the armor section, sexlab mods in the sexlab section, etc. In general, I put them on the bottom of the section, but also make sure they're not going to interfere with anything in the list. Chances are that it isn't going to, as long as you're not trying to replace an entire framework mod like CBBE with UNP or something like that. If it's just a standalone skimpy armor mod, it can pretty much go anywhere. Just put it at the bottom of the armor section. If it's replacing a lot of them, put it the same place but just remember this list is built around realism and you're going to be replacing some very nice armor. Look at the requirements, compatibilities, and incompatibilities for mods you're adding, particularly the sexlab ones. Chances are, the requirements for the sexlab mods you add will already be part of the list.

-I havent finish the last 2 secctions of the list, so maybe theres the problem, once im done and if i keep getting CTD will look into it.
-Got it
- Just like i though, the only reason i was asking its because, sometimes mods lists can be very delicate, so i was just making sure. 

Thanks man, a lot.

1 hour ago, wakawakaw said:

Now that I have all the files, I just put each one into MO2, and then immediately enable right?

What does Use the sorting A-I-E-C mean?

When you activate (by putting a tick) Devious Devices in the left hand pane, the right hand lane will have some plugins that start with those letters, but they're in the wrong order. Move them around so they load, from top to bottom, A-I-E-C

2 hours ago, wakawakaw said:

Now that I have all the files, I just put each one into MO2, and then immediately enable right?

What does Use the sorting A-I-E-C mean?

C'mon, seriously?

Devious Devices - Assets.esm

Devious Devices - Integration.esm

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm

Is it really that hard?

Damn headache is killing me. I should be asleep for hours now...

At least i found something good...

19 minutes ago, Blazeofdragon said:

-I havent finish the last 2 secctions of the list, so maybe theres the problem, once im done and if i keep getting CTD will look into it.
-Got it
- Just like i though, the only reason i was asking its because, sometimes mods lists can be very delicate, so i was just making sure. 

Thanks man, a lot.

Ahhhhhh, I've made this mistake.....You need to run the FNIS and Nemesis stuff after completing the list too, there's multiple animations added there too

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

C'mon, seriously?

Devious Devices - Assets.esm

Devious Devices - Integration.esm

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm

Is it really that hard?

Damn headache is killing me. I should be asleep for hours now...

At least i found something good...

I wasn't at the point of activating them, let alone looking at plugins.  I was just asking ahead of time after looking at that part on the list. Thanks though.

12 minutes ago, Uzer11 said:

Newbie here, just wondering how large the game is with all these mods added. I have the game on a ~100MB/s 7200RPM HDD and I'm wondering if I should put it on my SSD instead. Should I expect minute long loading screens on a HDD ?

Depending on which optionals you install and the texture sizes choosen you can easily exceed 100gb. So yeah, probably a good idea to move both your game and your mo2/mods onto a SSD.

New version of Enhanced Vanilla Trees. FOMOD has not been changed, so the notes still match up thankfully. Running DynDOLOD now, will try to test before I go to work.

@Uzer11 If you can put it on your SSD you really should. Even though it's an 11 year old game it's going to run like one that just came out yesterday. For space comparison, my mod folder is currently 110 GBs and that's without all of the optional mods from the list. That's with highest texture options, though. Would be much smaller with 2K.

@Blazeofdragon Exactly.

41 minutes ago, Blazeofdragon said:

Once again, thanks.
Btw, do you know if XP32  Maximum skeleton be installed on this mod list? Or it is incompatible? A lot of mods need it. 

It's there. Look at the Physics/Animation section.

I really would advise using Separators in MO2 that match up with Aylis' sections at a minimum (I added more than that). It makes things much easier down the road when you are trying to find and/or place new mods; and helps when you are disabling mods to troubleshoot.

1 hour ago, mknn said:

It's there. Look at the Physics/Animation section.

I really would advise using Separators in MO2 that match up with Aylis' sections at a minimum (I added more than that). It makes things much easier down the road when you are trying to find and/or place new mods; and helps when you are disabling mods to troubleshoot.

Looked it up on google, nothing but mods with "separator" on their names, what it is about? any link to a possible exxplanation/usage?

xp32---- weird, i dont see it on my mod list, yet im installing everything.   edit: i forgot to click on install, big brain moment.

Should i change order of the ESP for xp32? or it gets auto sorted?

8 minutes ago, Blazeofdragon said:

Looked it up on google, nothing but mods with "separator" on their names, what it is about? any link to a possible exxplanation/usage?

It's a MO feature, separators can be created and managed in the left panel. For example:

Spoiler

image.png.b46a9e97934a6c0e74da1b52555e3787.png

1. "Script Extender Plugins" in purple is my separator for most things related to SKSE.
  2. You can create them by doing right click anywhere in the left panel, select "All Mods" and then "Create Separator"
  3. Separators can have different colours (you can select one at a time or several ones with CTRL+click and then doing right click over any selected separator to "Select Color...".
  4. Separators can be moved up or down like any installed mod in your left panel. You can also move mods above or below different separators.

About the XPMSSE esp, you should've installed and enabled it as soon as it's mentioned in the list. You could look for the mods mentioned right below XPMSSE in the guide and move it above the esp for these mods.

3 hours ago, Blazeofdragon said:

image.png.7b4aa7c7393cb5d33b8ffe5ae3046f8a.png
Does that means that i have to move this image.png.bad148f0e9b4f0b850597575b608b648.png at the start of the LCO_ Esp plugin list?  

Yep. Here is my left and right hand sides in MO2. Not the Separator (circled), and that, when I click Lawbringer on the left, it shows me where related plugins are on the right (the blue mass).

Spoiler

image.png.3ef46641bab5fa9755d90cfa0193f21a.png

32 minutes ago, mknn said:

Yep. Here is my left and right hand sides in MO2. Not the Separator (circled), and that, when I click Lawbringer on the left, it shows me where related plugins are on the right (the blue mass).

Hide contents

image.png.3ef46641bab5fa9755d90cfa0193f21a.png

Oh, thats useful.

I can see why people prefer this to Vortex, yeah, vortex is good at a visual level, but when it comes to detailed stuff like this its an automated chaos

12 minutes ago, Blazeofdragon said:

Oh, thats useful.

I can see why people prefer this to Vortex, yeah, vortex is good at a visual level, but when it comes to detailed stuff like this its an automated chaos

It also works the other way around click on the esp and it will show which mod it comes from in the left pane.

Yeah, the Bijin stuff is weird. You have to install all 4, then disable the plugins for the NPC, Warmaidens, and Wives. It's basically a nice workaround to reduce the number of slots the Bijin stuff takes up. I've removed it, but someone else may be able to provide a screenshot of what it ends up looking like.

As a rule, only merge if you are explicitly told to merge, at least until you're more comfortable with how it all works.