Retro game nude hacks/mods

Guest GooberOfLies

I actually just finished my first hack/mod. Made a topless version of Rouge for Sonic 1 (2013 version). This mod specifically replaces Knuckles' sprites, so be sure to select Knuckles if you want to play as Rouge.

To learn how to run the game on your PC, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkU59kICmpM

After you watch that, watch this one to learn how to install mods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMrKEtJLIGM1007930233_RougeSpringYard.png.80a59459e01d85caecfbd1822095d0c2.png

Rouge Waiting.png

Rouge Topless Data.zip

3 hours ago, GooberOfLies said:

I actually just finished my first hack/mod. Made a topless version of Rouge for Sonic 1 (2013 version).

To learn how to run the game on your PC, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkU59kICmpM

After you watch that, watch this one to learn how to install mods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMrKEtJLIGM1007930233_RougeSpringYard.png.80a59459e01d85caecfbd1822095d0c2.png

Rouge Waiting.png

Rouge Topless Data.zip 31.49 MB · 1 download

I'm using that data folder that you uploaded here. It says I'm using the Data folder, and your folder is the only one there (I deleted the original one), but I still just get normal Sonic. Are you sure you attached the modded folder?

Nevermind, I figured it out. You have to play as Knuckles. Thanks for the mod!

Guest GooberOfLies
12 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

I'm using that data folder that you uploaded here. It says I'm using the Data folder, and your folder is the only one there (I deleted the original one), but I still just get normal Sonic. Are you sure you attached the modded folder?

Nevermind, I figured it out. You have to play as Knuckles. Thanks for the mod!

Yeah, forgot to mention you play as Knuckles, lol. Sorry about that. I'll make an edit to the post.

On 3/5/2021 at 11:19 PM, GooberOfLies said:

I actually just finished my first hack/mod. Made a topless version of Rouge for Sonic 1 (2013 version). This mod specifically replaces Knuckles' sprites, so be sure to select Knuckles if you want to play as Rouge.

Rouge Waiting.png

Rouge Topless Data.zip 31.49 MB · 3 downloads

This is great! Seems a tiny bit complex to get it running, but I'd love to try it out sometime soon.

18 hours ago, GooberOfLies said:

Hey, how does one edit sprites for this game? Kind of hoping to give my own take on this hack.

You can look up a SNES tile editor on the internet if you're interested in trying sprite editing. I tried modding Super Metroid before though and I find that the sprites are too small for a satisfactory result, personally. Finding the sprites in the index can be a bit of a headache and you'll have to work with an off colored palette of colors that will be the correct color in game but not in the editor, very finicky but potentially very rewarding. I think I used TileEd when I gave it a shot.

Guest GooberOfLies
23 minutes ago, Blehbreh said:

You can look up a SNES tile editor on the internet if you're interested in trying sprite editing. I tried modding Super Metroid before though and I find that the sprites are too small for a satisfactory result, personally. Finding the sprites in the index can be a bit of a headache and you'll have to work with an off colored palette of colors that will be the correct color in game but not in the editor, very finicky but potentially very rewarding. I think I used TileEd when I gave it a shot.

Alright, cool. I'll give it a shot.

Guest GooberOfLies

Hey, is it possible to make one of these for Metroid Fusion? I know the game has like a ton of sprites, but is there maybe a way to import Super Metroid's nude sprites into a hack of Metroid Fusion? Well aware that there would be lots of complications with colors, as well as differences in the amount of sprites for each game.

20 hours ago, GooberOfLies said:

Hey, is it possible to make one of these for Metroid Fusion? I know the game has like a ton of sprites, but is there maybe a way to import Super Metroid's nude sprites into a hack of Metroid Fusion? Well aware that there would be lots of complications with colors, as well as differences in the amount of sprites for each game.

I've tried this before, none of the tile editor/sprite editors I found were able to work. There was only the typical noise, no sprites to edit. If someone had made a specific tool like the GBA Pokemon sprite replacer tool it would be possible but I have no idea where to even start programing one of those.

Guest GooberOfLies
21 hours ago, Blehbreh said:

I've tried this before, none of the tile editor/sprite editors I found were able to work. There was only the typical noise, no sprites to edit. If someone had made a specific tool like the GBA Pokemon sprite replacer tool it would be possible but I have no idea where to even start programing one of those.

Darn.

On 3/5/2021 at 11:19 PM, GooberOfLies said:

Rouge Waiting.png

Rouge Topless Data.zip 31.49 MB · 6 downloads

Wish there was a nude Blaze hack for any of the 2D Sonic games.

5 hours ago, Rokabur said:

Agreed, Blaze is super cute. Hopefully if we get another Sonic Mania, she and a bunch of other fan favorite characters will be playable. That'd be a nice game to mod too!

Guest GooberOfLies
20 hours ago, Rokabur said:

14 hours ago, PyrasButt said:

Agreed, Blaze is super cute. Hopefully if we get another Sonic Mania, she and a bunch of other fan favorite characters will be playable. That'd be a nice game to mod too!

Funny enough, I just finished one for Blaze. However, it's currently merged with the Rouge one, so I'll need to make a merged version and a separated version just for preferences.

Guest GooberOfLies
On 3/15/2021 at 6:27 PM, Rokabur said:

On 3/16/2021 at 12:15 AM, PyrasButt said:

Behold...

1322658664_BlazeGreenHill.png.f6f2446de961b4ae29c39a2c0b6e8b91.png

387149850_BlazeRunning.png.6c8f5891e57ddc7b147495a8c13682b4.png

Blaze In Sonic 1 (TOPLESS)

It appears that Blaze's kimono was a bit too small in the chest area, but that's not stopping Blaze from defeating the evil Dr. Robotnik!

Be sure to follow these tutorials to run the game, as well as run it with mods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkU59kICmpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMrKEtJLIGM

For this mod (and the Rouge mod), be sure to unzip the folder and rename it "Data". The tutorials will tell you where to put it.

The only sprites I couldn't do were the title screen ones. Those still show Sonic. I haven't found a good one for Blaze yet. I'll probably get to it later, though.

BlazeDataWithTitle.zip

Guest GooberOfLies
53 minutes ago, PyrasButt said:

Finally got around to setting the game up and trying them out, they're amazing! Very cute and clearly a lot of effort put in

Let me know if you have any critiques. I'm open for making changes if needed. The title screen was pretty much the best I could do, though, so tips on that won't be heeded, lol.

Guest GooberOfLies
On 9/4/2019 at 7:14 PM, Lightwing01 said:

a.PNG.b80b5847117d9ec90331c7e6c614fd4e.PNG

c.PNG.d8f970e0de92a3d24ed73d7cd2c380be.PNG

d.PNG.9d53a2d731769c2442e4d9bbe9124011.PNG

I edited Super Metroid Sprite.This is topless edition.This is based by Auximines.

Super_Metroid_Topless.smc 3 MB · 255 downloads

Is there a way to make a version of this where her nipples are visible? Like, a darker pixel where they should be or something? I know retro color palettes are weird, but I'm curious.

19 hours ago, GooberOfLies said:

Is there a way to make a version of this where her nipples are visible? Like, a darker pixel where they should be or something? I know retro color palettes are weird, but I'm curious.

Not really, the colors in Samus' sprite above are all that can fit in her color palette, unless you want color changing nipples by using her underwear color. Maybe you could alter all of the palettes to just have one genital color and swap out the underwear for a few extra pixels of genital detail, maybe. I have never tried to edit the palettes of SM, I only edited the Justin Bailey hack version of it.

Guest GooberOfLies
On 3/19/2021 at 5:05 PM, Blehbreh said:

Not really, the colors in Samus' sprite above are all that can fit in her color palette, unless you want color changing nipples by using her underwear color. Maybe you could alter all of the palettes to just have one genital color and swap out the underwear for a few extra pixels of genital detail, maybe. I have never tried to edit the palettes of SM, I only edited the Justin Bailey hack version of it.

What about using the darker parts of her hair? Would that be possible?

4 hours ago, GooberOfLies said:

What about using the darker parts of her hair? Would that be possible?

Sure, you're only limited to the allowed color palette and what you can put up with in visuals for the sprites. It's practically like editing a sprite in microsoft paint.

Guest GooberOfLies
9 hours ago, Blehbreh said:

Sure, you're only limited to the allowed color palette and what you can put up with in visuals for the sprites. It's practically like editing a sprite in microsoft paint.

Well, I'm not sure where to get started, honestly. That's my best suggestion for the color palette, though. I have no clue how to use any SNES editors, so I'm only hoping someone could do it. Just mark the nipple spot, using the darker colored part of her hair.