Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

hey someone can help me?

I have 3 dd1 texture from a doa5 mod: .kidsalb .kidsnmhh and .kidsocc

and i wanna use it and swap if for the texture "MPR_Muscle_Character_BAYCOS007_b01"

I tried to use linkdatatool to convert dd1 to g1m but it doesnt work (i draw 1st the texture (g1m) and then the .dd1)

ty for the help :D

(i cant upload images lel)

7 hours ago, Gdog2 said:

Hey I know this may be a little late, but I cant find any guides how to do it. How do I extract costume files from the game?

Download g1mtool and rdbtool

Open rdbtool folder and run qrdbtool, click open and select cahractereditor from game folder.

Then extract all (or what u want) in any folder.

Open g1mtool folder

Use export with vgmap, u need to drag the folder where u extracted the charactereditor and it will generate lot of folders with the .vb and .ib files

U probably want to use blender 2.79 or older to visualize them 

to do it u need a script that is in the same page where u download g1mtool

Then run script (in blender i mean) File-> import-> 3Dmigoto raw buffers... -> then u select all .ib and .vb of the costume u want

I downloaded huchi001's mods (Kokoro Tifa and Leifang Aigle, posted at deviantart), but while I changed the cloth (press F), the game stopped working

redelbe_log.txt shows

Notice: file "MPR_Muscle_Character_LEICOS001_c01_kidsfur.g1t" doesn't exist in this .rdb (MaterialEditor.rdb) (in Layer2 mod Leifang-001-Aigle-@huchi001)
Notice: file "MPR_Muscle_Character_LEICOS001_c01_kidsofs.g1t" doesn't exist in this .rdb (MaterialEditor.rdb) (in Layer2 mod Leifang-001-Aigle-@huchi001)
Notice: file "MPR_Muscle_Character_LEIHAIR001_hair_BLEND_kidsair.g1t" doesn't exist in this .rdb (MaterialEditor.rdb) (in Layer2 mod Leifang-001-Aigle-@huchi001)

Game version:1.15 REDELBE version:1.7

For kokoro's mod, I found kula's hair were used in material folder (SNKHAIR014),if I added

[Hair]

slot = KOK_HAIR_001

work = SNK_HAIR_014

the game would not stop, but the hair mod didn't work

could anyone help me? thanks

On 12/1/2019 at 7:08 PM, Azkni said:

hey someone can help me?

I have 3 dd1 texture from a doa5 mod: .kidsalb .kidsnmhh and .kidsocc

and i wanna use it and swap if for the texture "MPR_Muscle_Character_BAYCOS007_b01"

I tried to use linkdatatool to convert dd1 to g1m but it doesnt work (i draw 1st the texture (g1m) and then the .dd1)

ty for the help :D

(i cant upload images lel)

I guess you mean "g1t" files. Did you check the size and format of the .dds packed in the original g1t file? I can only successfully replace the original with a dds that has the same size (eg. 2048x2048 ) and compress format (eg. DXt1, bc7.... ) as the original. 

1 hour ago, fgh1t6 said:

I guess you mean "g1t" files. Did you check the size and format of the .dds packed in the original g1t file? I can only successfully replace the original with a dds that has the same size (eg. 2048x2048 ) and compress format (eg. DXt1, bc7.... ) as the original. 

well, no... they are not the same, how would u solve it? thanks ^^

On 12/2/2019 at 5:23 AM, kochiyasanae said:

I downloaded huchi001's mods (Kokoro Tifa and Leifang Aigle, posted at deviantart), but while I changed the cloth (press F), the game stopped working

redelbe_log.txt shows

Game version:1.15 REDELBE version:1.7

For kokoro's mod, I found kula's hair were used in material folder (SNKHAIR014),if I added

the game would not stop, but the hair mod didn't work

could anyone help me? thanks

This is an issue with the latest version of REDELBE, I think. This mod worked fine previously. Something that changed for the new update broke this. I just noticed this after not having used the skin in a while. Same issue for me.

On 12/2/2019 at 4:46 AM, Azkni said:

Download g1mtool and rdbtool

Open rdbtool folder and run qrdbtool, click open and select cahractereditor from game folder.

Then extract all (or what u want) in any folder.

Open g1mtool folder

Use export with vgmap, u need to drag the folder where u extracted the charactereditor and it will generate lot of folders with the .vb and .ib files

U probably want to use blender 2.79 or older to visualize them 

to do it u need a script that is in the same page where u download g1mtool

Then run script (in blender i mean) File-> import-> 3Dmigoto raw buffers... -> then u select all .ib and .vb of the costume u want

I have an question to ask you,After you done finish the mod in blender,How do you export it back into the file and into the game?

19 minutes ago, X-Fans said:

I have an question to ask you,After you done finish the mod in blender,How do you export it back into the file and into the game?

在那个doa central的衣柜里好像,在衣柜里注意看右下角,有个设置为常用角色什么的,在衣柜里注意看右下角,有个设置为常用角色什么的

On 12/2/2019 at 11:19 PM, Azkni said:

well, no... they are not the same, how would u solve it? thanks ^^

I did replace a g1t file with another g1t file that has a bigger size dds, and it worked fine in the game. You can compress your dds to any format unless there is transparent part in it. If there is transparent part, DXT1 won't work, have to use BC7.  I would just unpack a set of g1t files and pick one that match your dds settings. Normally (with a lot of exceptions :sweat_smile:) , alb.g1t and nhm.g1t is 2048x2048 with DXT1 format, occ.g1t use BC4, and rfr use BC7.

2 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

I did replace a g1t file with another g1t file that has a bigger size dds, and it worked fine in the game. You can compress your dds to any format unless there is transparent part in it. If there is transparent part, DXT1 won't work, have to use BC7.  I would just unpack a set of g1t files and pick one that match your dds settings. Normally (with a lot of exceptions :sweat_smile:) , alb.g1t and nhm.g1t is 2048x2048 with DXT1 format, occ.g1t use BC4, and rfr use BC7.

Do you know what the rfr file is a mapping for? Been trying to figure that out.