Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

On 11/23/2019 at 12:15 PM, ruushima said:

DOA6よりも鉄拳7ばかりやってますが、理由としては、
カメラが近いのでキャラが大きくて迫力がある、起き上がり無敵蹴りがないので起き攻めのバリエーションがあり面白い、ガードアタックやレイジアーツが派手でしかもガードしながら攻撃できる、最後のとどめでスローになり白熱した演出が楽しい!

くっそ吹いたわ

If people want lolies there is Doa xtreme, if they want experienced, warriors, charismatics girls there is Doa6. That’s two differents universes for two differents categories of consumers. Mix isn’t a good idea. Doa6 isn’t made for being Kawaii, it’s a nervous and intense game.

@fgh1t6 @blackdragon99 Thank you so much for your answers!

Am I the only one having trouble extracting/working on hair textures? I always end up with a black image. I don't seem to have this problem with any costume's texture. I'm using Photoshop CC 2020 with an unofficial .dds plugin.

Also, every type of "loose hair" hairstyle, except Kula's default hairstyle, doesn't seem to want to be imported into Blender. I tried various versions of Blender (2,79b, 2.80, 2.81) with multiple 3DMigoto plugins but every time there are multiple meshes that get the 4D error. The mod I'm working on is a pretty simple mod that involves hair but smh I'm having a hard time.

2 hours ago, HonokaHonkers said:

Am I the only one having trouble extracting/working on hair textures? I always end up with a black image. I don't seem to have this problem with any costume's texture. I'm using Photoshop CC 2020 with an unofficial .dds plugin.

Also, every type of "loose hair" hairstyle, except Kula's default hairstyle, doesn't seem to want to be imported into Blender. I tried various versions of Blender (2,79b, 2.80, 2.81) with multiple 3DMigoto plugins but every time there are multiple meshes that get the 4D error. The mod I'm working on is a pretty simple mod that involves hair but smh I'm having a hard time.

Don't have that problem, i'm using the linkdata tool (can be found in the first post on page 7 in this thread if you need it) to extract textures from g1t files and the intel texture works plugin for photoshop. Maybe you're using the wrong settings to save the .dds? In the intel plugin the settings to save the bc7 textures (for hair and some costumes textures that use transparency) should be: Texture Type: Color + Alpha, Compression: BC7 8bpp Fine (sRGB, DX11+), Mip Maps: Auto Generate.

The 4D error i don't know about either sadly.

Someone know if there are low resolution maps or with removed content to avoid FPS down, is already bad/winning in a online match for lag, and is worse if iam having performance problems...
pd: there are nyotengu wingless or small wings mod?
pd2: if there is none of this, wich tool are the ones for modding maps?

soooo Rachel is not in this patch  :( also also  still no  camera hack mod like the ones we had/have (depending which version of mortal kombat xl you play :) )  that hack is simple to use works both during and after the fight all in all perfect just cant find the man that made it  to see if he updated it or made  camera hacks for other games 

Sorry, this thread is too big to find a simple explanation -something should really be stickied in the OP. I'm just trying to install a mod that comes as a Layer2 folder. I've extracted it into the REDLEBE folder. Do I need to do anything extra? Because at the moment, I run the game and the modified textures aren't showing -it's still vanilla. Do I need to do something with the mod.ini?

On 11/25/2019 at 8:06 AM, HonokaHonkers said:

BC7.png

DXT1.png

5 hours ago, Ragnarok666 said:

the image 11.27.png gives error 404 so strange that there are no camera mods and you need to hope  computer controlled characters do some flashy move that highlights the mod you made for screenshots 

The free camera mod I am working on is literally in the top 3 non-stickied posts on the forum. It still has a lot of work to be done on it, and hasn't been updated for the 1.15 patch, but it really doesn't sound like you looked too much to say "no camera mods."   Maybe fix that to say "no *good* camera mods" :)

Otherwise, just record a fight, do whatever flashy move you want, and then go watch it in Fight Viewer.

38 minutes ago, gjbu said:

Are Mai and Kulas breast sizes tweaked to be correct in those dlc costume port mods?

Only Huchii goes the extra mile when it comes to that. All other modders here just do body replacers unfortunately. Kula is using Nico's proportions which works ok I suppose. Mai is using Christie's body on one of the training outfits.