Changing when guards start crime enforcement greets?

Is there a mod or console command with which i can change when guards start crime enforcement?

Currently once i get 1000 bounty they forcegreet me trying to arrest. I'd like to set this higher so they start this behavior with 5000 or 10000 bounty, this way i could accumulate sudden bounty spikes with sexlab adventures and cursed loot which can surprise me then if i ignored them too long instead of having to either leave the hold permanently or pay whenever i have 1000 bounty which happens after roughly a day of breaking sexlab adventure crime rules.

PoP has such a mcm slider, but currently i have it disabled because i'd like to try the prison options of DiD (Dragonborn in Distress) instead. The vanilla 1000 crime gold barrier just doesn't work well at all with my various economy tweaks which otherwise play well together.

Thanks in advance if this is somehow adjustable with a mod or a console command, my searches in the last hour haven't been successful.

17 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I normaly change bounty settings with the bash patch

atm I try this mod out: PARAMOUNT

changes bounty settings too

there are more mods on Nexus that change crime bountys

I just want to change when guards prosecute you, haven't found such a mod on nexus yet though.

So instead of forcegreeting you when you have 1000 or more bounty that they begin this behavior with 10000 or more.

6 minutes ago, xboronx said:

I just want to change when guards prosecute you, haven't found such a mod on nexus yet though.

So instead of forcegreeting you when you have 1000 or more bounty that they begin this behavior with 10000 or more.

AH!

sorry I got you wrong the first time.

Now that you say it, that's actually an interesting question.

Not sure if it is what you want but there is a new mod here on LL  - Dragonborn in Distress which has some sort of bounty feature. I've just started a new game so I haven't had much chance to do much with the mod and I don't think the bounty thing would interest me anyway.

It's late here but if I remember tomorrow I will have a closer look at what it actually does.

My guess would be that it is hard coded, same as the value of 40 for an assault and 1000 for a murder (as long as I'm correct those values can't be changed).

Mods can make other things crimes, or can intercept the "going to jail" function, but the "arrest the criminal" interaction I haven't seen modded.  More often than not it seems guards will bug out and try to kill you, not accepting a yield/surrender, even if you have no bounty.

29 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Not sure if it is what you want but there is a new mod here on LL  - Dragonborn in Distress which has some sort of bounty feature. I've just started a new game so I haven't had much chance to do much with the mod and I don't think the bounty thing would interest me anyway.

It's late here but if I remember tomorrow I will have a closer look at what it actually does.

I have installed Dragonborn in Distress too, unfortunately it only has a setting for when you get raped and how much bounty you lose per day.

8 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

My guess would be that it is hard coded, same as the value of 40 for an assault and 1000 for a murder (as long as I'm correct those values can't be changed).

Mods can make other things crimes, or can intercept the "going to jail" function, but the "arrest the criminal" interaction I haven't seen modded.  More often than not it seems guards will bug out and try to kill you, not accepting a yield/surrender, even if you have no bounty.

The bounty amounts are modable, SCoS for example has 50.000 for murder.

Maybe modding the arrest the criminal scene is too dangerous to break something important in Skyrim.

18 minutes ago, xboronx said:

I have installed Dragonborn in Distress too, unfortunately it only has a setting for when you get raped and how much bounty you lose per day.

Ah, I see.

I don't know about guards but I'm sure I've had or have a mod where you can set/alter the bounty amount at which the bounty hunters come after you.

Well, since SCoS is just an esp without scripts I opened it in TES Edit and had a look.

It only has some integer values for game settings, which you might be able to change from the console (not sure) but only Steal Horse and Werewolf are over rides to vanilla. I think that means the others are coded in somewhere else and just don't show up as being overwritten.

I looked through the list of other game settings and found in the Globals list these:

CrimeArrestOnSightNonViolentThreshold [GLOB:00000E9D]  = 1000

CrimeArrestOnSightViolentThreshold [GLOB:00000E9C]  = 999

CrimePettyCrimeThreshold [GLOB:0003403F]  = 100

I don't remember if globals are static or have to be refreshed each time you load the game (I think they are static, and forget the actor or game setting value name that has to be reloaded) but I bet if you enter something like "set CrimePettyCrimeThreshold to 1000" and the same for the others to something higher, you'd get what you want.  Could make those changes through the CK or TES edit in a mod you already have or make a new ESP just for that, and make it permanent for all of your game playthroughs.

Archived