10 minutes ago, fakeandfalse21 said:

I hadn't been sure how to find the Overhaul mod mentioned, but with your provided link I subscribed to it. I'll try again and see if that changes things. Thanks!

Hmm... Didn't change anything. I do have all the folders you specify. Should I be transferring the folders "models" and "portraits" themselves? I've been removing the files from the mod folders of "models" and "portraits" and putting them into the same folders in Stellaris

Capture.PNG

12 minutes ago, fakeandfalse21 said:

Hmm... Didn't change anything. I do have all the folders you specify. Should I be transferring the folders "models" and "portraits" themselves? I've been removing the files from the mod folders of "models" and "portraits" and putting them into the same folders in Stellaris

Capture.PNG

I FIGURED IT OUT! I learned something. I needed to make sure to include the folder that the other files pointed to, not simply add files to the existing folders. I moved over the lewdxenos folder instead of taking the files out of it, correcting the pathing. Thanks for your help, now I'm gonna go find that comment about removing portrait sets and screw with some coding.

2 hours ago, fakeandfalse21 said:

I FIGURED IT OUT! I learned something. I needed to make sure to include the folder that the other files pointed to, not simply add files to the existing folders. I moved over the lewdxenos folder instead of taking the files out of it, correcting the pathing. Thanks for your help, now I'm gonna go find that comment about removing portrait sets and screw with some coding.

Dude, DUDE ! OMG XD never move file to the stellaris installation ! you have more chance of messing up your Stellaris on a whole new level by overwriting the vanilla files with a mod files.
But yeah, the portraits all have a specific file path you need to follow, for instance , the draenei have the following:

Spoiler

image.png.1396e1097bc167478d7ae016407be9fb.png

However ,you unfortunately moved them to a folder without the "lewdxenos" in the folder structure.
Anyways glad you figured it out.
If you want to  remove certain portraits easily, in 01_lewd_species_classes.txt
you may find 

Spoiler

Lewd = {
	archetype = BIOLOGICAL

possible = { authority = { NOT = { value = auth_machine_intelligence text = SPECIES_CLASS_MUST_NOT_USE_MACHINE_INTELLIGENCE } } }

portraits = {
		"viera"
		"notsofutadraenei"
		"lewd_kaldorei"
		"sexyeldar"
		"hornybelves"
		"edgyhornyelves"
		"sexymiqote"
		"seducingmartian"
		"celibatewarmaiden"
		"moistgarden"
		"novanude"
		"hentaisushi"
		"hornedhornyscaly"
		"twilekstrippers"
		"meatlovinflorans"
		"sluttyseaserpents"
		"fivesomedragons"
		"sexyredbarons"
		"goblinettes"
		"notsochasteangewomon"
		"69tails"
		"suitedforsex"
		"lewdsensitive"
		"butteredsylph"
		"sexyelvenvampires"
		"mandalorianbootyhunters"
		"greaterboobs"
		"burninglustdemons"
		"mypussyforaiur"
		}

graphical_culture = humanoid_01
	move_pop_sound_effect = "moving_pop_confirmation"

}

by simply removing a line,let's say "sluttyseaserpents" including the "" (else that'll fuck some shit up),
when you go in the game portraits menu, the nagas portraits should not be available to select anymore.
Just make sure you remove the portraits that you actually want to remove.

To know which one means which,I think they are in order of appearance,so the Protoss ,for instance,should be down the list of both the code above and the portraits menu while the goblinettes should be the 11th starting form the bottom.
You may also go into where the portraits.txt files are and check for the tag under <<portrait_groups>>. for instance the draenei's tag is <<notsofutadraenei>>.
Hope it is clearer for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 12:13 PM, fakeandfalse21 said:

Does anyone know of a way to increase Galaxy Spawn odds for Lewd races? Or turn down Vanilla ones? My Galaxy is looking mostly ugly.

Not really, there is however the excellent "Vanilla Framework Beta 0.7" which does a replacement for the portraits with ones similar to Lewd Xenos or SSX which should liven up your next playthrough. Just be aware I have no clue what would happen if you tried to add it midgame.

On 5/20/2021 at 1:52 PM, Railgunner2160 said:

Not really, there is however the excellent "Vanilla Framework Beta 0.7" which does a replacement for the portraits with ones similar to Lewd Xenos or SSX which should liven up your next playthrough. Just be aware I have no clue what would happen if you tried to add it midgame.

Sounds like a great idea. However, I suck at implementing mods that use the Paradox Mod Manager. I cannot get it to function. I unpack into the mods folder like it says, but I don't see any results when I boot up the game.

3 hours ago, fakeandfalse21 said:

Sounds like a great idea. However, I suck at implementing mods that use the Paradox Mod Manager. I cannot get it to function. I unpack into the mods folder like it says, but I don't see any results when I boot up the game.

One of the quirks of the Paradox Mod Manager, you have to first create a "playset" first. Once the Playset is created you have to use the "Add More Mods" button to add the mods you wish to use to your Playset. Once the Playset is completed you have to use the dropdown menu on the Home tab to select your Playset.

Irony Mod Manager reports a number of errors in this mod, all very similar.  The mod seems to work just fine despite these errors, which seem like some minor spacing stuff, but here is one such example anyhow:

Error at line: 125 column: 3 file: gfx/portraits/portraits/lewd_portraits_nagas.txt.
Please report this error to the author of the mod: Dadicho's Lewd Xenos.

Error message says:

Error in gfx/portraits/portraits/lewd_portraits_nagas.txt: Ln: 125 Col: 10
(UTF16-Col: 3)
        }
         ^
Note:
* The column count assumes a tab stop distance of 8 chars.
* The error occurred at the end of the input stream.
Expecting: closing brace, statement or whitespace
Other error messages:
  The clause opened at ("gfx/portraits/portraits/lewd_portraits_nagas.txt", Ln:
  57, Col: 19) was not closed.

Edited by snarfies
14 hours ago, snarfies said:

Irony Mod Manager reports a number of errors in this mod, all very similar.  The mod seems to work just fine despite these errors, which seem like some minor spacing stuff, but here is one such example anyhow:

Error at line: 125 column: 3 file: gfx/portraits/portraits/lewd_portraits_nagas.txt.
Please report this error to the author of the mod: Dadicho's Lewd Xenos.

Error message says:

Error in gfx/portraits/portraits/lewd_portraits_nagas.txt: Ln: 125 Col: 10
(UTF16-Col: 3)
        }
         ^
Note:
* The column count assumes a tab stop distance of 8 chars.
* The error occurred at the end of the input stream.
Expecting: closing brace, statement or whitespace
Other error messages:
  The clause opened at ("gfx/portraits/portraits/lewd_portraits_nagas.txt", Ln:
  57, Col: 19) was not closed.

Yeah there's a bunch of none closed "}" at the end of almost every portraits file, I'm not using Irony but thanks for telling me, Notepad++ showed some "{" which meant there weren't closed.I've checked the files brought to my attention and hopefully in the next update you'll tell me that Irony did not detect the same errors again :).

• 2 weeks later...

Update:
Here is the preview for the new races that I'm currently (slowly) working on and which will be coming in the next update.
So far these races will have ;
67 portraits for the Tieflings,
43 portraits for the Vipers,
23 portraits for the Chiss,
99 portraits for the Asari,
18 portraits for the Val'kyr.
Keep in mind that these numbers may be subject to change.

Spoiler

image.png.c82ed41fc011309167b2a2cf02465409.png

• 1 month later...

Love this mod, but I can't view all the species from the selection screen, only some- which means that Stellaris is still reading the mod, which has all of the newer portraits in it. I'm using the UI Overhaul Dynamic mod from the workshop (the latest version), but it won't let me scroll to view all the species (if there are any, I can't tell because I'm not certain if its supposed to scroll or not). 

I did have a previous version of the mod installed, but I completely deleted it from the documents/paradox interactive/stellaris/mod folder. Then I put the most recent version in. At one point, I completely removed all the files in that document folder and let the game repopulate them after a steam validation check/game startup. Still, no dice.

Anyone have a solution?

butwhy.png

13 hours ago, thelastpairofsocks said:

Love this mod, but I can't view all the species from the selection screen, only some- which means that Stellaris is still reading the mod, which has all of the newer portraits in it. I'm using the UI Overhaul Dynamic mod from the workshop (the latest version), but it won't let me scroll to view all the species (if there are any, I can't tell because I'm not certain if its supposed to scroll or not). 

I did have a previous version of the mod installed, but I completely deleted it from the documents/paradox interactive/stellaris/mod folder. Then I put the most recent version in. At one point, I completely removed all the files in that document folder and let the game repopulate them after a steam validation check/game startup. Still, no dice.

Anyone have a solution?

butwhy.png

What's your load order ? For instance in mine's , Lewd Xenos is 18th while Ui overhaul dynamic is 51th.  Since the Ui mod is loaded last,there's less chance of beiing overwriten or something. Is your Ui Overhaul up to date ? 
I guess there's always the manual options where you go and edit your custom empire directly form the custom_empire.txt file.

I am currently unable to use this mod: despite having both installed it, and then created a separate mod and transferring the files there, Stellaris is refusing to even display blank portraits, or the categories. is there some DLC dependency that I'm missing or other requirement? Note: this is not unique; all the .rar files that I have downloaded seem to not be working or even showing proof that they have been installed. 

Edit: I got the mod showing up on the launcher by reinstalling it, and copying the descriptor (.MOD) file from the original folder (...mod/701...Dadicho'sLewdXenosv30) to the /mod folder itself, but now it's saying that the path in the descriptor file is outdated and it is not showing any of the actual mod content when I launch the game. Any idea what I should change it to?

Edited by flamelordytheking
15 hours ago, Dadicho said:

How about your load order ? do you have playsets properly managed ?

Yes, I have This above the UI changes, I can move it to the top of the load order, but I'm not sure that that will do anything. As I said before, the problem is likely within the mod itself. I'll try a few things on my own, but I'm not sure how to edit the path in the descriptor file, which is what the launcher says is wrong with it.

Edit: I figured it out: The file that the mod was trying to find was nested in another folder, that I had to manually remove the mod files from and put them into the main mod folder

Edited by flamelordytheking
7 hours ago, flamelordytheking said:

Yes, I have This above the UI changes, I can move it to the top of the load order, but I'm not sure that that will do anything. As I said before, the problem is likely within the mod itself. I'll try a few things on my own, but I'm not sure how to edit the path in the descriptor file, which is what the launcher says is wrong with it.

Edit: I figured it out: The file that the mod was trying to find was nested in another folder, that I had to manually remove the mod files from and put them into the main mod folder

All good then,take care.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 7:57 PM, Screws said:

Oof, that is a lot x.x

Yes and no, If I get off my ass and actually do the work as if it was an actual job, ( I do the new portraits first ) I'd be done in a week. If I'm done with the new portraits in a week,well I wouldn't have time to accumulate the 288 others.
Speaking of which, I'm done processing the last of 101 Asari portraits.
I'll start working any day now on the rest.

4 hours ago, Dadicho said:

Yes and no, If I get off my ass and actually do the work as if it was an actual job, ( I do the new portraits first ) I'd be done in a week. If I'm done with the new portraits in a week,well I wouldn't have time to accumulate the 288 others.
Speaking of which, I'm done processing the last of 101 Asari portraits.
I'll start working any day now on the rest.

Lol, I totally get the feeling. I mean I spent about a week cutting out about... 60 or so portraits for Male/Female Skaven and some Male wolfy bois and I was pretty worn out and glad to be done. However, messed up on re-sizing the portraits to fit the leader window so... will have to redo and I've been putting that off for weeks now >.<

• 1 month later...

So I've been working some more, got like 150 portraits left to do.
Yesterday, I decided to do a quick work on 3 bonus Chiss portraits but ended up finding like 35 more.
Which means The number of Chiss went from 23 to 59.

Also,
Happy holidays yall.