Best Software for Editing/Improving Videos?

KoolHndLuke

I download a program from Apowersoft so I could enhance one of my favorite vids to a higher resolution and change the screen ratio to get rid of the black sides to it. The program seems simple enough to use but my trials with it did not yield any good results I suspect because they want you to have an account and pay for the features. Is there a free video editing software I can download and use to do these things? I don't mind doing some extra work as long as it is maybe free or not very expensive.

On 1/24/2019 at 4:24 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

to get rid of the black sides to it.

Well... you can't actually do that, without stretching the video like a rubber sheet. There's no information contained within the video file to fill in the black sides. You're really better off leaving legacy (4:3 ratio) video files alone, unless you need to change their format. They'll just look stretched otherwise.

2 hours ago, Pork Type said:

Well... you can't actually do that, without stretching the video like a rubber sheet. There's no information contained within the video file to fill in the black sides. You're really better off leaving legacy (4:3 ratio) video files alone, unless you need to change their format. They'll just look stretched otherwise.

Actually, the one from Apowersoft states somewhere that it does have this function I think. Maybe I dreamed seeing that lol.

Edit; I checked it and you are right. It doesn't remove the sides like I wanted. However, I did read a way to do this....somewhere. Wish I could remember where. It's a bit of a complicated task from what I remember to convert from that format to another.

Archived