ENB Suggestion

Hi there guys, I'm just getting back into skyrim and not sure if I should jump into se and do that instead. Anyways I'm currently stuck in japan without my tower with its gtx 1080.

So I wondering what enb would you guys suggest for a gaming laptop.

here are my specs

Intel core I7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 ghz

GTX 1060 max q with 6 gbs of vram

16 gbs of ram

Now I know it won't be perfect but if I can get a good suggestion that gives an okay look but doesn't tank my frames to bad I'll be fine.

Now other suggestion is don't even bother with the old skyrim and just Play SE  instead, however enbs might be out of the picture with this gaming laptop.

GTX1060 @1920x1080 should be able to manage ENB just fine. I use Rudy and Caffeine on an RX580 and it gets by all right, but the card is always at 100%. Rudy is a little hungrier but Caffeine is little cartoon-like.

When I was really struggling for GPU power with only RX460 at my disposal, I was using Truevision ENB on 0.113 - that will run on almost anything. If your laptop can't run at least that I would be surprised. 

Besides, if you can't run LE with a basic ENB, you won't be able to run SE either, or very well at all. It needs more GPU power - quite a bit more.

tried many enb and settings... the main "feature" killing fps is indeed the resolution for the bulk of graphiccards... playing at the highest possible will give you lags, bad havoc-behavior (the inside engine of skyrim) and you have a very hightec gaming pc to handle it all (with a heavy modded skyrim, skyrim without many mods should be playing well, though)...

from all enb's I have tried caffeine or snapdragon is surely a good choice between stunning panorama, views and a playable skyrim and with a nice addon (look out for the mod "revolution" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92833 on nexus) this will give you likely 30 premade settings for the enb caffeine. So it will be one click inside the game to test another enbsetting - no need to install others... some of them will give you more fps or others will stress your game to the limit... depending on the graphiccard...

but there is one setting inside enblocal.ini you should try with nvidia-card, too.... it is the line "FixLag=false"... change it to "true"... it was a new feature coming up with enb-files 297x anabove... for my box (with a better graphiccard as yours and outdoor fps around 35-45, indoor around 50-55) the fps jumps to outdoor around 75 and indoor around 100 fps - even with fpslimit settings to 59 or 60)... it is likely, that it is an unlocked nvidia-feature inside their drivers... give it a try

have fun in playing ?

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:20 AM, Jappa123 said:

I test almost every "relevant" ENB and Kwanon i simply best https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85321?tab=logs althrough you need to edit interiors by your self its very easy.

I use Kwanon and think it is superb. I don't have to edit interiors or anything else for that matter. Only thing I changed was DoF - turned it off as I can't stand the thing.

I never bother about frame rates, they are irrelevant unless you want to show how cool you are by being in the 60 FPS Club. My game works to my standards.

Rudy and several others have far too dark interiors for my tastes.

13 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I use Kwanon and think it is superb. I don't have to edit interiors or anything else for that matter. Only thing I changed was DoF - turned it off as I can't stand the thing.

I never bother about frame rates, they are irrelevant unless you want to show how cool you are by being in the 60 FPS Club. My game works to my standards.

Rudy and several others have far too dark interiors for my tastes.

Yep, i also didnt have to edit interiors but i decided to give it a chance and i manage to make interiors looks 10 times better without any performance hit just by playing with sliders. 

1 hour ago, Jappa123 said:

Yep, i also didnt have to edit interiors but i decided to give it a chance and i manage to make interiors looks 10 times better without any performance hit just by playing with sliders. 

Which lighting mods do you use? I use Relighting Skyrim and Natual Lghting and Atmospherics.

Dawnstar at 01:07AM

609928400_enb2019_01_0914_18_09_04.thumb.jpg.a797596814fc2ebe67d55b4e5d37dc6a.jpg

Inside with no torch, lantern or magelight.

1528416480_enb2019_01_0123_15_12_88.thumb.jpg.8bff9451d9d1843d49b86d97d1301700.jpg

No slider tweaking

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Which lighting mods do you use? I use Relighting Skyrim and Natual Lghting and Atmospherics.

Hide contents

Dawnstar at 01:07AM

609928400_enb2019_01_0914_18_09_04.thumb.jpg.a797596814fc2ebe67d55b4e5d37dc6a.jpg

Inside with no torch, lantern or magelight.

1528416480_enb2019_01_0123_15_12_88.thumb.jpg.8bff9451d9d1843d49b86d97d1301700.jpg

No slider tweaking

I can upload my ss whats the location from second screenshot?

I use Natual Lghting and Atmospherics with Enhanced Lights and FX if think you might have bug with very bright nights its popular kwanon bug, just check kwanon screenshots from nexus as you can see night suppose to be way darker, i also had that bug not sure how i fixed it :/ 

1 hour ago, Jappa123 said:

I can upload my ss whats the location from second screenshot?

1. I can't tell you because I am going to post it on the 'Guess this location' thread :) and

2. I can't remember at the minute. :confounded:

The bright nights aren't a bug to me. I like being able to see what I'm doing without pissing about with torches, lanterns etc. It is usually quite a bit darker before the moons come up anyway.

Post a screensht, I'd be interested to see what your game looks like with that lighting mod combo.

Know you what raynark?

Dont use any ENBs at all!

Use ENBoost only and Enhanced Saturation - Vibrant Colors.

About ENBoost read my reply here:

CTDs when Fast Travelling, Entering some Houses, during some Animations and sometimes at Loading Menus

Enhanced Saturation - Vibrant Colors mod is a spell, you turn it on or off when you want.

If you want to use it check always on active spells if its active:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78656

Have fun and no CDTs in your Skyrim ?

SkyrimLE for ever!

I see thanks for the offers Kwanon enb does like pretty neato I won't lie maybe because I like my game to be a little colorful. But the other enbs are offered where great. Also I could try the suggestion without the enb and maybe give it a go.

Archived