Racemenu CTD's

Having alot of differnet CTD issues with Racemenu all of a sudden.    Sometimes get CTD when scrolling through hair quick, other times it's after 5 or 10 mins into an edit. and no matter if on current character, or making a new character I get a CTD as soon as I click the R button to exit.  I have read about an issue with having too many hair mods that can do this, and when it started I had KS hairs, and Apachii, so I removed Apachii, and it didn't seem to fix it. My current character is using a KS hair style, so I didn't want to remove that, but I may have to try that.

Anyone seen this and found a fix? it really annoying not being able to edit my character, or even start a new one.

Thanks for any suggestions.

R.

PS attached my load order if that helps any.

SSE Load Order 011219.txt

I had an issue at the same location right after character creation where moving my camera right before who are you caused a third person camera bug during the walking to the chopping block, however my machine can handle a lot too much and maybe someone's else would just CTD. My fix was to save the character without touching anything and editing it through race menu after the scripted event. 

Also make sure to run FNIS for users and then LOOT your file upon starting your new game.

2 hours ago, RamasesII said:

hehe  Well I loaded that up, and my game loads faster, which is nice, but Racemenu still CTD'd clicking the R button. <sad face>

So it is not one of the general issues... I have both hair packs installed and never had a CTD in the char making menu. But there was something similar in the RM thread on nexus. maybe you should check there first. 

Here is the log file.  I don't understand a lot of it, as I am not a programmer, but one thing caught my eye.

Directory "Data\NetScriptFramework\Plugins" does not exist.

Finished loading 0 plugins.

if it's not loading plugins, wouldn't that mean... none of my mods would be working?

The crash in RaceMenu this time happened as I hit the tilde key to close the console to start editing, didn't even make it to the hair slider.

NetScriptFramework.log.txt

57 minutes ago, RamasesII said:

Here is the log file.  I don't understand a lot of it, as I am not a programmer, but one thing caught my eye.

Directory "Data\NetScriptFramework\Plugins" does not exist.

Finished loading 0 plugins.

if it's not loading plugins, wouldn't that mean... none of my mods would be working?

The crash in RaceMenu this time happened as I hit the tilde key to close the console to start editing, didn't even make it to the hair slider.

NetScriptFramework.log.txt

Interesting, that folder is part of the file you download, it should exist, but it shouldn't really matter in this case I think. Framework initialized, that's important.

Check Data\NetScriptFramework\Crash for any files, you should find something like Crash_2019_1_13_18-11-32.txt, that is the crash log we will need. :)

15 hours ago, RamasesII said:

ahh missed the folder. here you go. :)  

thanks again for the assistance...

Crash_2019_1_13_14-59-3.txt

As far as I know FPSFixPlugin.dll (from SSE Fixes) is outdated and redundant. Author himself sugests using Engine Fixes instead, which you have already so try disabling SSE Fixes first. Next I'd disable XPMSSE. You could also try latest SKEE plugin here:

https://github.com/expired6978/SKSE64Plugins/releases

It comes with it's own SKSE plugin though, no idea what it might do.

Crash log wasn't as helpful as I hoped unfortunately. :)

Loaded that mod, Racemenu is working but missing alot of options from previous set up. probably the skse64 mods?  like no CBBE Racemenu Morphs, and disabling the XPMSSE I lost my body scale editing it seems. Also no chargen presets so my face switched back to original nord.  But it's working, so made some progress  hehe.  Thankyou for help, and any other suggestions?  

4 minutes ago, RamasesII said:

Loaded that mod, Racemenu is working but missing alot of options from previous set up. probably the skse64 mods?  like no CBBE Racemenu Morphs, and disabling the XPMSSE I lost my body scale editing it seems. Also no chargen presets so my face switched back to original nord.  But it's working, so made some progress  hehe.  Thankyou for help, and any other suggestions?  

Did you replace the skse64_1_5_62.dll in Skyrim Special Edition folder with the one from the mod?

SO I tried to make a new character with new SKEE and XMSSE turned off, everything seemed to work fine, presets, hair, everything even was able to finish and exit editor with new character. :)   Noticed I had no body physics working so turned XMSSE back on and physics worked again. Have not tried to go into Racemenu yet to see if I crash now, but I did notice one thing not working sofar, and thats my Add Item Menu  getting a SKSE error since AIM needs it to work. Wondering if there is a AIM version in the works for SKEE, or another mod that does the same or similar thing as AIM does.

But so for thankyou for all the help.

R.

7 hours ago, RamasesII said:

SO I tried to make a new character with new SKEE and XMSSE turned off, everything seemed to work fine, presets, hair, everything even was able to finish and exit editor with new character. :)   Noticed I had no body physics working so turned XMSSE back on and physics worked again. Have not tried to go into Racemenu yet to see if I crash now, but I did notice one thing not working sofar, and thats my Add Item Menu  getting a SKSE error since AIM needs it to work. Wondering if there is a AIM version in the works for SKEE, or another mod that does the same or similar thing as AIM does.

But so for thankyou for all the help.

R.

Racemenu just got an update that should fix some crashes, give it a try. I'd suggest reinstalling SKSE at this point though, or at least replacing skse64_1_5_62.dll with the one from http://skse.silverlock.org/beta/skse64_2_00_12.7z .

well got the updated RM, reloaded the SKSE  .dll, reset XPMSSE and game fired right up, AIM worked, all was great hehe until I went into RM and edited then CTD when I closed the console, turned off XMSSE and was able to enter RM and edit, but when I tried to save and exit, CTD.  Something after character creation is not working with RM it seems. I can make  new characters, hmm well I have not tried to exit creation of a new one yet, but I am able to go in and edit. Will try it now.

Yeah nope can edit new character, but CTD on Exit.

Crash_2019_1_16_20-5-19.txt

7 minutes ago, yatol said:

look like it wasn't worth switching to nothing special edition if they have the same ctd problems^^

this just started a couple days ago, was running fine, I am thinking something I may have added to my load order is making RM act up.

10 hours ago, RamasesII said:

well got the updated RM, reloaded the SKSE  .dll, reset XPMSSE and game fired right up, AIM worked, all was great hehe until I went into RM and edited then CTD when I closed the console, turned off XMSSE and was able to enter RM and edit, but when I tried to save and exit, CTD.  Something after character creation is not working with RM it seems. I can make  new characters, hmm well I have not tried to exit creation of a new one yet, but I am able to go in and edit. Will try it now.

Yeah nope can edit new character, but CTD on Exit.

Crash_2019_1_16_20-5-19.txt

We are getting to a point where I'll recommend you to uninstall the game, delete the game folder for any leftovers, install it again and switch to MO2. NMM just isn't built for this kind of thing and can mess up the game quiet fast. But before we get to that, some steps you might try...

1. Start the game, let it load into main menu and then exit. Does it crash?

2. Disable ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp.

3. Disable mods that come with dll plugins except for SSE Engine Fixes (yes, even .NET Script Framework).

4. Disable mods that you installed last and go up until it works (it might not work anyway in the end, but it's something you can try).

Archived