oblivion newbie

johntrine

25 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Set Body is the way to go (several versions exist). You can have anything from skinny to chubby for PCs & NPCs. You can also swap out some of the more repetitive body types for more exotic ones once you know how.

i assume you mean this https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45868

25 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

All those CM Partners...have you seen Emma's Vilja? She's by far the most advanced companion for Oblivion. Think Amazon Nord. Fully voiced by Emma, herself. Large line of quests included. Plus she eventually gets a very advanced dog companion to tag along. Owns her own horse. Skyrim has a version of her, as well. Has a romance option that meshes perfectly with Lovers.

sounds like an interesting companion mod. maybe will check it out.

btw, she's is in oblivion and skyrim... is she a vampire or elf? :P 

17 minutes ago, fejeena said:

But he wants a base body , a body with full vanilla armor clothes replacer   and  more Mods.

Yes Set Body have about 100 female bodies but for most of the bodies you do not get any armors/clothes   or you get some new clothes but no Vanilla full replacer.

yep. sounds like set body maybe for advanced users? and more useful when playing with lovers mod since there will be more times character's will be naked.

17 minutes ago, fejeena said:

So it is HGEC E, D, C, A cup with full vanilla replacer

And DMRA and Manga.  ( Yes Boobalicious with full vanilla replacer but no other Mods )

yeah. so far, would probably be using HGRC E cup or DMRA. since i dont want to end up like in skyrim where i started out with cbbe and never used unp since i was already using cbbe and didnt wanted to redownload mods. which feels like a mistake. though from fejeena said about outfit converter working with skyrim too, was a stupid decision for me to not try unp.

Oh, now the Link works, But that is the requirement Mod of the other DMRA replacer. Read in the other DMRA Mod the requirements spoiler.

----------------

Yes the body style converter:

You create a Lattice ( from body to body)

Then you can put all arnors you want in one folder. and run the converter tool.

But first test it with one armor mesh if the settings are right.

But some results are not good. And from big to small body is mostly bad.

--------------------

7 minutes ago, johntrine said:

i assume you mean this https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45868

sounds like an interesting companion mod. maybe will check it out.

btw, she's is in oblivion and skyrim... is she a vampire or elf? :P 

There are numerous versions of Set Body. Try the non-blockhead stuff first. That's the deep end of the pool and you heard fejeena...lol.

Vilja in Skyrim is supposed to be the Oblivion version's granddaughter. Oblivion Vilja has many thousands of lines of dialogue. She knows what you're doing re: standard quests and locations, for example. Too complex to sum-up in a paragraph. Likes to eat, drink and party. Goes on diets when she feels fat. It goes on....

3 minutes ago, fejeena said:

Yes the body style converter:

You create a Lattice ( from body to body)

Then you can put all arnors you want in one folder. and run the converter tool.

But first test it with one armor mesh if the settings are right.

But some results are not good. And from big to small body is mostly bad.

ok... while there are some terms like lattice that i dont know but i assume that i'll know what it is when i'm using the software. also, i'll probably be using it for going from small to big and not the other way around so that wont be a problem. 

17 minutes ago, johntrine said:

wait. does oblivion not have an add item mod like skyrim?

Sure...but old salts like to have full control over what's going-on via the Construction Set. You can add mods (255 slots) or you can go whole-hog on the Construction Set and repave Cyrodiil the way you like. It's as addictive as the game.

Edit: you REALLY get to see all the mistakes Bethesda made with the original landscape with the CS. Luckily, you can fix it yourself or add mods like Unique Landscapes that fix them for you. Another handy tool is Land Magic over at Nexus which gets rid of the need for various terrain fix patches that can clutter-up your load order.

And perhaps I should comment on load order....

Remember...if you have two esps that affect the same thing in Oblivion...be it a script, a cell (play area), an item, etc...the esp loaded last (lowest) trumps the one loaded above it. 

Very important to get things working right.

15 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Sure...but old salts like to have full control over what's going-on via the Construction Set. You can add mods (255 slots) or you can go whole-hog on the Construction Set and repave Cyrodiil the way you like. It's as addictive as the game.

so it does exist? mind if i ask for a link to such mod? since i cant find it.

16 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

you REALLY get to see all the mistakes Bethesda made

Todd howard's voice* it just works... buy my game.

16 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Luckily, you can fix it yourself 

if only i had the skills.

17 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

add mods like Unique Landscapes that fix them for you. Another handy tool is Land Magic over at Nexus which gets rid of the need for various terrain fix patches that can clutter-up your load order

sounds like i'll be needing those. will try seeing if i can find a link to those.

13 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Remember...if you have two esps that affect the same thing in Oblivion...be it a script, a cell (play area), an item, etc...the esp loaded last (lowest) trumps the one loaded above it. 

remember that since it's the same in skyrim.

4 minutes ago, johntrine said:

so it does exist? mind if i ask for a link to such mod? since i cant find it.

Todd howard's voice* it just works... buy my game.

if only i had the skills.

sounds like i'll be needing those. will try seeing if i can find a link to those.

remember that since it's the same in skyrim.

Oblivion Mod Manager I believe...or Wry Bash...but I do the ol' drag 'n drop. Old skool.

Easier than you think re: CS. Runs off OBSE like Oblivion for extra function.

Nexus for UL.

Good. Some things aren't that sensitive to load order...like added trees, rocks and whatnot...while changes to AI pathing can be quite difficult to iron-out completely. If you see NPCs walking into walls/buildings. etc...you have a pathing problem. Something needs to be lowered in your load order...but will that bugger-up something else?? You get the idea...

14 minutes ago, johntrine said:

huh... no i meant something similar to this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64905 but for oblivion.

I don't think so. Nice tool.

We use Nifskope to view or tinker on meshes, generally. Paint.net for texture files. TESEdit will list what's added by a mod. BSA Commander let's you unpack BSA files for inspection or plunder. Land Magic as I mentioned eliminates having numerous terrain fix esps installed.

One feature Oblivion has is vast areas of hinterland unused by the stock game. These areas exist beyond what's shown on your map. Myself and a small number of others have started filling these regions in. Elsweyr being a common one to install...or my Hammerfell Wilderness. Bring a sharp sword...

2 minutes ago, johntrine said:

yeah. allows you to add any item from a mods .esp to inventory ingame. curious if this could be modded in to oblivion but doubt it will. or even if someone is still making mods for oblivion. XP

There's a steady stream of generally well designed mods for Oblivion. It's by no means a dead game. I'm sure such a mod could be made for Oblivion with the right skills. 

14 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

There's a steady stream of generally well designed mods for Oblivion. It's by no means a dead game. I'm sure such a mod could be made for Oblivion with the right skills.

hmm? oh i know that.. it's just that i'm kinda used to some mods like the add item mod that it'll be kind of a plan to not have it. i wonder if i made a request thread then some modding genius might make it?

Add item from Mods. Use the console.

Player.additem xxyyyyyy 1

xx load order number

yyyyyy ID of the item

------------------------

CS with OBSE yes yes, again my yellow Link.

--------------------

Elsweyr  and Hammerfell: Do not start with those Mods. Yes nice but not for beginners. If you have other Mods near the border you need patches or fix it with the CS.

e.g. Unique Landscapes BrenaRiver and Hammerfell conflicts.  The border to Elsweyr is longer and two roads cross the vanilla Cyrodiil, so conflicts with many Mods.

Often you have to decide, one or the other Mod.

38 minutes ago, fejeena said:

Add item from Mods. Use the console.

Player.additem xxyyyyyy 1

xx load order number

yyyyyy ID of the item

i know about that... it's just that... well think what is easier

looking up the code for each new mod item you added and inputting it to get it or

selecting the mod and taking the item.

40 minutes ago, fejeena said:

Elsweyr  and Hammerfell: Do not start with those Mods. Yes nice but not for beginners. If you have other Mods near the border you need patches or fix it with the CS.

e.g. Unique Landscapes BrenaRiver and Hammerfell conflicts.  The border to Elsweyr is longer and two roads cross the vanilla Cyrodiil, so conflicts with many Mods.

Often you have to decide, one or the other Mod.

yeah. i plan to use such mods after finishing my first playthrough. btw, just like skyrim, should i disable autosave?

autosave: some people say yes.

Oblivion saves when you sleep, wait, fast travel or enter, leave interior cells ( house, cave,...) I have not disabled it.

What you should not use is quick save. Always create a real save. Quick saves can get corrupted quickly. And you often need old saves if something went wrong, so do not overwrite saves, always a new save. When your save folder gets too big you can delete the oldes saves.

And never load a save in game!!!!! Some things in scripts and game setttings will not be reset when you just load an old save, they will be still active  and will be stored in your next save.

If something went wrong or you die and you must load an old save, first quit the game, then start it and load the save you want.

------------------------------

Add item.

Such a mod does not exist.

But if you see something you want you can use RefScope to get the ID.

Example: you see a NPC in a armor you want ...OK you can kill him, or open his inventory with a spell and take the armor,....  But then you have a dead or naked NPC.

Or you use Refscope , it shows you all the NPC have and the Mod and the ID.  It shows also if he use body replacer, the hair, faction, AI Packages, spells, race spells/abilities,  not playable items ( items you do not see in the inventory when you kill the NPC, like Guard armors)

RefScope, see Nexus.

Archived