Bodyslide UNP v0.4 (30 sliders)

Apologies for what may be an idiotic question, but is there a way to import and the slider set(s) used in Bodyslide UNP into Outfit Studio?

I'm trying to convert outfits to a custom body I made in Bodyslide UNP, but the base sliders don't give me a good approximation of my Bodyslide UNP body at all.

Apologies for what may be an idiotic question, but is there a way to import and the slider set(s) used in Bodyslide UNP into Outfit Studio?

I'm trying to convert outfits to a custom body I made in Bodyslide UNP, but the base sliders don't give me a good approximation of my Bodyslide UNP body at all.

If you're not actually making Bodyslide outfits, but just a custom body port, all you need is to;

1) import the two body nifs of(high and low) of your custom body, and export both shapes as obj

2) import unp as reference (if that is the base body of those outfits)

3) make two new sliders, import slider shapes, and select the high and low obj

4) save project, this set is your conversion set for porting outfits to your custom unp body

5) the usual bodytype conversion process, no need to repeat it again

Actually, it's almost as easy to make a Bodyslide UNP port, but takes more time to get right:

1) in Bodyslide2 folder, paste ShapeData\UNP\Body and SliderSets\UNP Body,xml

2) load SliderSets\UNP Body,xml as reference

3) the usual Bodyslide conversion process, no need to repeat

4) when saving the project, actually think a little about names and groups and filepaths

(this apparently is the hardest part for most people)

If you're not actually making Bodyslide outfits, but just a custom body port, all you need is to;

1) import the two body nifs of(high and low) of your custom body, and export both shapes as obj

2) import unp as reference (if that is the base body of those outfits)

3) make two new sliders, import slider shapes, and select the high and low obj

4) save project, this set is your conversion set for porting outfits to your custom unp body

5) the usual bodytype conversion process, no need to repeat it again

Actually, it's almost as easy to make a Bodyslide UNP port, but takes more time to get right:

1) in Bodyslide2 folder, paste ShapeData\UNP\Body and SliderSets\UNP Body,xml

2) load SliderSets\UNP Body,xml as reference

3) the usual Bodyslide conversion process, no need to repeat

4) when saving the project, actually think a little about names and groups and filepaths

(this apparently is the hardest part for most people)

When trying to import the high and low obj files at item 3, I get the error message "Vertex count of .obj file mesh does not match currently selected shape!"

What have I done wrong?

And at step 2, I've used the UNP to CBBE conversion as the UNP reference - is that OK?

When trying to import the high and low obj files at item 3, I get the error message "Vertex count of .obj file mesh does not match currently selected shape!"

What have I done wrong?

And at step 2, I've used the UNP to CBBE conversion as the UNP reference - is that OK?

No, it's not a UNP mesh. It's a CB mesh sort of shaped as UNP.

The error message above means you're trying to make sliders of incompatible bodies.

Might as well try using CBBE for low weight body and UNP for high weight body, and see

how Skyrim reacts to that. Import the standard UNP _1 nif at step 2, and try again.

No, it's not a UNP mesh. It's a CB mesh sort of shaped as UNP.

The error message above means you're trying to make sliders of incompatible bodies.

Might as well try using CBBE for low weight body and UNP for high weight body, and see

how Skyrim reacts to that. Import the standard UNP _1 nif at step 2, and try again.

I used the UNP mesh as a reference and that seemed to fix the vertex count problem.

I followed the rest of the steps, but when I tried to convert an outfit from UNP to my custom mesh, I got a CTD when trying to load the project.

I suspect I've ballsed up the slider process as once I conform the default UNP mesh to the sliders, increasing the slider value zooms in on the mesh. Is this normal?

Just had a thought - could this be happening because I'm selecting "do not use a reference" when commencing the project and then importing the NIF on the outfit selection screen? If so, how do I set the NIF to be the reference?

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to use the outfit studio using the presets from your unpb slider sets. Seemed to be going well until I realized I needed to make it low weight too. Then I didn't know if I actually needed to make "a version" of the outfit for every weight setting. Then I clicked on what looked like weight painting and I closed the program in shame and failure

Maybe its easier than I thought

I was trying to use the outfit studio using the presets from your unpb slider sets. Seemed to be going well until I realized I needed to make it low weight too. Then I didn't know if I actually needed to make "a version" of the outfit for every weight setting. Then I clicked on what looked like weight painting and I closed the program in shame and failure

Maybe its easier than I thought

Try again. If you need help you must give more specific info about the problem. I don't even know what you mean by "your unpb slider sets".

Will you add Sevenbase support in the future?

Yes, there will be several bodytype slider pairs. 7B Bombshell is one of them, and separate sliders will be added for the variants Bcup and Cleavage,

and also a NaturalSag which is derived from Original to Natural. Probably I'll add Original as bodytype sliders too, if separate sliders can't be extracted

from Bombshell to Original.

So, currently.... UNP, Slim, Curvy (version unknown), Blessed (v2.5), 7Bomb + Bcup + Cleavage, probably 7B Original + NaturalSag.

Will also have a look at UNPBO vs UNPB, perhaps would work as a slider, Maybe UNPK. UNP Topmodel will be a hidden sliderpair,

only accessible as a preset to save innocent clueless users from the seam incompability that Topmodel introduces.

Need more? :rolleyes:

Oh, right. Mesh support is UNP and UNPB(v2.5), those are the baseshapes. The set names will start with UNP and UNPB to tell them apart.

If requested I can add Bombshell as a baseshape, perhaps the weighting and uv map differences is enough to warrant it. If not you can get

perfect 7B shapes from UNPB sets, or good approximated shapes from UNP sets. 7B has different vertex order than UNPB, and if supported

as baseshape it will require converted sliders (but with 100% accuracy). 7B original (again different vertex order) will not be a basehape.

Well let me first state that I have no idea what I'm doing. I have both this bodyslide and calientes cbbe. I opened the cbbe, ran the outfit studio. I was trying to load in Your slider sets from the UNP Bodyslide to morph the outfit to it. I just got really confused as to what all it entails. But I think it was doomed to begin with as I was taking a UNP outfit and trying to convert it to UNPB. But the cbbe has no converter base options to do that, so Im sure I would have failed regardless of the fact that I wasnt sure what all I needed to do to convert the armor. Now I had managed to load in the sliders, it was morphing it to the UNPB dimensions. But I dont know what all is required, would I need to make this conversion at different body weights, 0 and 100 or 0, 1, 2, 3... 100?. And then after morphing them what do I do with them?

This is unrelated to Your Bodyslide UNP tool. That I have used, that was easy. :D

TL:DR- I used the UNP Bodyslide UNPB slider sets and imported them into the CBBE Bodyslide in an attempt to convert a UNP armor to UNPB and got lost.

I'm new to the bodyslide tool, I tried to build a standard UNP TBBP body with this(I didn't change any sliders), the result seemed to be fine, but then I discovered some weird problems when performing some animations, like the boobs collision idle I am currently using, at certain point the animation, part of the body just goes wonky and gets distorted like in the pics, then it goes back to normal after that part of of animation is done. The default sneak animation shows some serious deformations as you can see in the pic. 

And later then I build a UNP BBP body and I haven't found any deformation/distortion on any part of the body, makes me wonder is the problem exclusive only to the TBBP bodies?

post-52308-0-67565400-1391255898_thumb.jpg

post-52308-0-13503600-1391255915_thumb.jpg

Well let me first state that I have no idea what I'm doing.....

TL:DR- I used the UNP Bodyslide UNPB slider sets and imported them into the CBBE Bodyslide in an attempt to convert a UNP armor to UNPB and got lost.

I did post two conversion sets, for UNP and UNPB meshes, in the Outfit studio thread here on LL:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24246-bodyslide-20-and-outfit-studio-out-now/page-31?do=findComment&comment=638351

However the UNP-UNPB bridge was a bit buggy that time. A bugfix update will be posted soon.

I'm new to the bodyslide tool, I tried to build a standard UNP TBBP body with this(I didn't change any sliders), the result seemed to be fine, but then I discovered some weird problems when performing some animations, like the boobs collision idle I am currently using, at certain point the animation, part of the body just goes wonky and gets distorted like in the pics, then it goes back to normal after that part of of animation is done. The default sneak animation shows some serious deformations as you can see in the pic. 

And later then I build a UNP BBP body and I haven't found any deformation/distortion on any part of the body, makes me wonder is the problem exclusive only to the TBBP bodies?

No the problem is either my noobishness, or Blender's nif export. Next update will among other things have

better UNP TBBP. Or maybe just UNBP TBBP, though it might be good to have both options because there's

a tiny texture mismatch - which probably makes UNP meshes work better for UNP-based presets. We'll see.

Just a heads up, redguardoutfitf_0.nif and redguardoutfitf_1.nif meshes have bad weight painting on the right side of the cape. I think one of the vertexes is weighted to one of the wrist or arm bones. This was actually a bug with the original meshes so it must have been carried over when the sliders were made.

Since no one pointed it out yet, the Kurese Eisen Boots (Black) is bugged. The slider weights are fine on the white one though. Also, none of the Kurese boots seem to have Knee slider.

The yarl clothes 2 and 3 don't work since the folders come out wrong. They're supposed to be yarlclothes02 and yarlclothes02. Instead of, yarlclothes2 and yarlclothes3. The Raiment is fine, just one bugged vertex on the back. The Ulfric clothes don't seem to show the skirt at all.

As for the emperor and yarlclothes folders... It seems to be a bug with Skyrim. torso_0, torso_1 in yarlclothes affect one jarl clothing AND the emperor clothes. The torso_var2 is written out as torso_var1 by the slider. Doing anything with the emperor folder seems to have no affect whatsoever.

Just a heads up, redguardoutfitf_0.nif and redguardoutfitf_1.nif meshes have bad weight painting on the right side of the cape. I think one of the vertexes is weighted to one of the wrist or arm bones. This was actually a bug with the original meshes so it must have been carried over when the sliders were made.

The meshes are from Exeter's pack, with a few LSAR meshes for the missing clothes. By original mesh, do you mean Bethesda, or Exeters UNP port ?

Found some weights... and there's also some upperarm twist weights on both sides of cape.

post-46434-0-59594700-1392327254_thumb.pngpost-46434-0-64056000-1392327305_thumb.png

Nope, it seems the problem is further down at the hips. Possibly too much pelvis weighting.

Since no one pointed it out yet, the Kurese Eisen Boots (Black) is bugged. The slider weights are fine on the white one though. Also, none of the Kurese boots seem to have Knee slider.

The yarl clothes 2 and 3 don't work since the folders come out wrong. They're supposed to be yarlclothes02 and yarlclothes02. Instead of, yarlclothes2 and yarlclothes3. The Raiment is fine, just one bugged vertex on the back. The Ulfric clothes don't seem to show the skirt at all.

As for the emperor and yarlclothes folders... It seems to be a bug with Skyrim. torso_0, torso_1 in yarlclothes affect one jarl clothing AND the emperor clothes. The torso_var2 is written out as torso_var1 by the slider. Doing anything with the emperor folder seems to have no affect whatsoever.

Good catch. Will fix these asap. Not the skyrim bugs though, not quite my thing. Haven't these been fixed by the unofficial patches ?

The Ulfrics clothes, aka Yarl2, is a LSAR mesh. The underwear use LSAR textures, but the skirt is actually a see-through mesh with vanilla texture.

Unedited. Checking in-game.... oh, no pants. Cute, but not quite right. Seems the mesh still had LSAR part flags, fixing.

Edit: LSAR bugfix is posted.

About the Eisen Boots, bugged in what way?  Looks fine in Bodyslide (except oddly missing Kneeheight) and see no problems in Nifscope.

The meshes are from Exeter's pack, with a few LSAR meshes for the missing clothes. By original mesh, do you mean Bethesda, or Exeters UNP port ?

Found some weights... and there's also some upperarm twist weights on both sides of cape.

attachicon.gif1.pngattachicon.gif2.png

Nope, it seems the problem is further down at the hips. Possibly too much pelvis weighting.

Good catch. Will fix these asap. Not the skyrim bugs though, not quite my thing. Haven't these been fixed by the unofficial patches ?

The Ulfrics clothes, aka Yarl2, is a LSAR mesh. The underwear use LSAR textures, but the skirt is actually a see-through mesh with vanilla texture.

Unedited. Checking in-game.... oh, no pants. Cute, but not quite right. Seems the mesh still had LSAR part flags, fixing.

Edit: LSAR bugfix is posted.

About the Eisen Boots, bugged in what way?  Looks fine in Bodyslide (except oddly missing Kneeheight) and see no problems in Nifscope.

"Will fix these asap. Not the skyrim bugs though, not quite my thing. Haven't these been fixed by the unofficial patches ?"

Doesn't seem that way. Or maybe I just have a mod conflict.

"Edit: LSAR bugfix is posted."

Awesome! Thanks.

"About the Eisen Boots, bugged in what way?  Looks fine in Bodyslide (except oddly missing Kneeheight) and see no problems in Nifscope."

The paint weights on the black eisen boots isn't the same as the white eisen boots. At least not once it reaches the skyrim data folder. The weights seem fine on bodyslide++, but the output is different. The black eisen boots are always slightly sunken into the thighs, and upper calf.

attachicon.gif1.pngattachicon.gif2.png

It was in issue with the meshes shipped with the game. I guess Exeter didn't chack the weighting before converting them.

Also the cape shouldn't be weighted to the forearm because it caused HORRIBLE stretching when drawing/swinging a weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just twigged than when using Bodyslide UNP++, there's a difference between the small and large bodies when they have the same slider settings.

I presume that this is because they use the 0 weight and 100 weight versions of the UNP body as a base.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but is there a simple way to swap some files or settings so the small and large bodies have the *same* base? i.e. if I only adjust one slider on one body (be it the large, or the small), that adjustment will be the only difference between the small and large bodies?

I've just twigged than when using Bodyslide UNP++, there's a difference between the small and large bodies when they have the same slider settings.

I presume that this is because they use the 0 weight and 100 weight versions of the UNP body as a base.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but is there a simple way to swap some files or settings so the small and large bodies have the *same* base? i.e. if I only adjust one slider on one body (be it the large, or the small), that adjustment will be the only difference between the small and large bodies?

Yes, I'm using the low-eight UNP shape as a hidden seam slider. It is required for the Skyrim weightslider.

There is only one base mesh.

To disable the low-weight slider, edit the sliderset and unhide or disable the 0 / UNP_0 slider.

Or just rename the 0.bsd file.