Mods Capacity Limit 254

MilfSimmer

Well I'm quite new since 1 week, I learned how to install, clean and order my mods. Recently I reached the limit of 254 mods and I have a full clean setup without any problems. I saw some ppl talk about merge plugins but seems more advanced than just clean and order them. Half of the capacity (like 140 more or less) are basically clothing/armors, I don't know if I can just merge my clothing stuff. Also I would really appreciate any guide to know better how to merge my plugins without any issue of compatibility etc. Thanks in advance !

It's not 254 mods but 254 plug-ins. Broadly speaking, you can go as high as your game can take with mods. With plug-ins, 254 is the limit set by the coding of the game. Most people try to keep as far from the 254 limit as possible as stability can suffer as you get close.

Merging armours or clothing is, supposedly, relatively risk-free. Personally I prefer to exercise self-restraint rather than mess about wasting my time merging. Yu can only wear one set of armour at any given time. There are lots of tuorials out there.

2 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

It's not 254 mods but 254 plug-ins. Broadly speaking, you can go as high as your game can take with mods. With plug-ins, 254 is the limit set by the coding of the game. Most people try to keep as far from the 254 limit as possible as stability can suffer as you get close.

Merging armours or clothing is, supposedly, relatively risk-free. Personally I prefer to exercise self-restraint rather than mess about wasting my time merging. Yu can only wear one set of armour at any given time. There are lots of tuorials out there.

Well as I said I have a full clean setup right now, also I have the plugin that fixes the load issue to not get any crash when I start the game. I have a high perfomance pc and my game loads in about less than 1 minute with the full 254 plugins active. I can load more plugins without any problem but as you say the coding of the game doesn't allow me to do it. That's the main reason why I'm interested on merge my plugins. 

2 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

And I've got fairies at the bottom of my garden. If only it was that simple. ?

I'm not lying or anything lol. If I had any issues with CTD I wouldn't have all this amount of mods and even less to think about to have more. The plugin I'm using is this one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85443/?tab=description . Some games don't work well with multi-threading, specially the old ones. The main thing this plugin do is force the game to just load all the data with one core, with this you load the game a bit slower and maybe you get some freezes at the load screens but the game keeps loading while on multi-core the game just crash for the amount of data loading at the same time. If I couldn't load more plugins I wouldn't even bother me to learn about merge. 

1 hour ago, MilfSimmer said:

I'm not lying or anything lol. If I had any issues with CTD I wouldn't have all this amount of mods and even less to think about to have more. The plugin I'm using is this one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85443/?tab=description . Some games don't work well with multi-threading, specially the old ones. The main thing this plugin do is force the game to just load all the data with one core, with this you load the game a bit slower and maybe you get some freezes at the load screens but the game keeps loading while on multi-core the game just crash for the amount of data loading at the same time. If I couldn't load more plugins I wouldn't even bother me to learn about merge. 

Can confirm, works as advertised.  The mod author has a nice technical break-down of what's happening behind-the-scenes in the code, what a race-condition is, and why limiting save loads to a single core fixes it.

That mod dropped me from crashing about 5 of every 6 loads to not crashing on load at all.

13 hours ago, MilfSimmer said:

I'm not lying or anything lol.

I'm not accusing you of lying. My point was that Skyrim has been around for 6 years and nobody has yet discovered a miracle cure. My game is rock-solid stable and I very rarely get a CTD on loading (and I generally know why I got it). I use a variety of measures to ensure that my game is stable and reliable.

Your OP says you have only been playing modded Skyrim for a week or so, so let's see how you get on with a save that's been going for a while longer.

11 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

crashing about 5 of every 6 loads to not crashing on load at all.

I don't have CTDs '5 out of every 6 loads' or anywhere near that and never have. A properly configured game does not crash anywhere near that often.

And no, I don't use that mod and I've got a 6-core CPU.

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I don't have CTDs '5 out of every 6 loads' or anywhere near that and never have. A properly configured game does not crash anywhere near that often.

If you don't experience crashing that often, you're not trying very hard with your modding.  The easiest way to crash like that is to install Sexlab and one or two animation packs for SLAL.  Boom.  Instant repeatable crashing upon initial save load.

Again, go and read the technical details of the linked mod.  It explains what happens, why it happens, and why this fix is necessary.

The tool suggested above is great, but I'd take the time to read up on it and maybe track down a video. One tip I picked up somewhere, maybe here, is to create a folder for all the mods you want to merge, then move the esps as well as the folders from each mod, such as meshes, textures, etc. over to your new folder. Drag that new folder over to "mods" folder in ...Steamapps/common/skyrim/mod organizer, refresh MO and activate your newly created mod, and everything you wanted to merge will be in one place. You could also just create an archive of your new folder and install it that way. The merge tool linked above requires all the esps you want to merge be in order, and this trick with the new folder is an easy way to achieve that and make sure everything is in one place. Merging anything that alters navmeshes, basically the geography of the game, requires more work, but merging armors, weapons, texture packs, and even followers can come in handy. Once your merge is "finished" a command line will pop up. Let that run or there's a chance you'll end up with missing textures and meshes.

2 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

If you don't experience crashing that often, you're not trying very hard with your modding.  The easiest way to crash like that is to install Sexlab and one or two animation packs for SLAL.  Boom.  Instant repeatable crashing upon initial save load.

Just because you are incompetent does not mean that I am. I currently have something over 200 plug-ins, maybe 250 mods plus SL and 5 or 6 animation packs.

Explain why SexLab and or animation packs would cause a CTD on loading the game.

2 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

Again, go and read the technical details of the linked mod.  It explains what happens, why it happens, and why this fix is necessary.

I have and I still don't use or need it.

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Just because you are incompetent does not mean that I am. I currently have something over 200 plug-ins, maybe 250 mods plus SL and 5 or 6 animation packs.

Explain why SexLab and or animation packs would cause a CTD on loading the game.

I have and I still don't use or need it.

Slinging names around is not a good way to win friends or influence people, and might get actions taken against you by the moderation team.  It is, after all, against the rules.  Please remain civil.

With that out of the way, the author of FNIS even acknowledges the issue:

("Load CTD") After I ran the generator, Skyrim aborts (CTD) when loading a save file. An FNIS bug?
No. Skyrim's memory Management is buggy, and the more you add to Skyrim, the greater the likelyhood that you see CTDs, especially on save load. Here my advice when you have an unacceptable CTD rate:

• Install SKSE 1.7.0 or later. This will install "sheson's memory patch", which will not totally cure Skyrim, but geatly reduce CTD likelyhood. Make sure you have a Data/SKSE/skse.ini file with the following lines:
  • [Memory]
    DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
    ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
  • Use Crash fixes by meh321
  • Reduce programs in the background (e.g Browsers, CK, ..) to a minimum
  • At least temporarily reduce the number of FNIS based mods. Pinup Poser, for example, is a great mod. But I can't understand why user keep a pose mod active all the time when they suffer from frequent CTDs.

So I don't know what you hope to gain, but the person who ADDED THE ABILITY TO MOD EXTRA ANIMATIONS INTO THE GAME acknowledges that extra animations WILL cause you to CTD a lot on load if you add too many.

I honestly don't know why you're arguing the point.  It's extremely-well established that heavily-modded Skyrim games crash when loading.  A lot.  And the mod that MilfSimmer linked DOES fix that particular loading crash issue.  You decided to come in here and call everyone a liar, then try to say you're somehow superior because you supposedly have over 200 mods and a bunch of animations and have never seen your game crash on save load?  Give me a break. ?  At least be creative when you try to bluff (lie) in the future.

I'm not interested in making friends or influencing people. Crashing 5 out of 6 loads is down to incompetance in my book.

That quote by Fore features many of the things I use to ensure that I don't get crashes on gameload. I also used ENBoost although now I use an ENB. That Skyrim's native memory management is buggy is well documented and has been for years. Given that Fore mentions SKSE 1.7.0. I would imagine that the quote is a few years old.

Fore states that "the more you add to Skryrim . . " - he doesn't mention animations and it is, again widely known and well-documented. CTDs are generally caused by memory problems. You will also note that I told the OP that operating near at or near the max plug-in number, i.e. adding more to Skyrim, the more likely it will be that he experiences problems.

And with respect to Fore, just because he is a wizrd with animations and what have you, it doesn't follow that he is the Oracle for all things Skyrim and computers. And there is no need for the hysterical use of bold and capitals.

9 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

It's extremely-well established that heavily-modded Skyrim games crash when loading

It is not. It is "extremely-well established" that missing masters, corrupt saves and memory problems cause Skyrim to crash on loading. Too many animations can also cause it.

I did not say that the Load Game CTD Fix mod didn't fix things. I said it wasn't a silver bullet and that I had never needed it.

You decided to come in here and call everyone a liar

I have not called anyone a liar let alone 'everyone'. 

I also did not say I had never seen my game crash on load.

you supposedly have over 200 mods and a bunch of animations

Are you calling me a liar? ? (Approx 11k animations)

A screenshot from my current game which doesn't crash on load even though I am running around with 17 or 18 cutstom followrs.

A couple of them have lost their face textures because we have just transitioned out of Clearspring Cave. The faces will sort themselves out after a short while. Aroused, Defeat, SLAC, Untamed, SGO III, PSQ and TDFAP are all active and on the go.

303962202_enb2018_12_1722_27_27_30.thumb.jpg.5bfdf78092f13d4da2793563b9940a6c.jpg

I can post my load order and FNIS output if you wish.

Archived