Lovergirls [Race + Followers]

i cant change my bodysize with showracemenu

please help:huh:

Did you overwrite any body meshes in \Data\meshes\BSnake\Lovergirl Race? Check the femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif in NifSkope and make sure that they're different sizes. The femalebody_1.nif may have the same proportions as the 0.nif if you neglected to change the former in Bodyslide, for example. Then the body size slider in-game won't affect your character.

What ENB in this screenshot ? :)

rhmjjm.jpg

That's Project ENB v1.4 (Realistic) for CoT. :)

The footprints mod causes the blue swirl, just in case anyone has the same problem.

Ah, nice find. Is it this mod?

i cant change my bodysize with showracemenu

please help:huh:

Did you overwrite any body meshes in \Data\meshes\BSnake\Lovergirl Race? Check the femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif in NifSkope and make sure that they're different sizes. The femalebody_1.nif may have the same proportions as the 0.nif if you neglected to change the former in Bodyslide, for example. Then the body size slider in-game won't affect your character.

>What ENB in this screenshot ? :)

rhmjjm.jpg

That's Project ENB v1.4 (Realistic) for CoT. :)

The footprints mod causes the blue swirl, just in case anyone has the same problem.

Ah, nice find. Is it this mod?

Yeah... that's the one.

• 4 weeks later...

BSnake,

First of all -- thank you so much for your hard work!  Really really appreciate it, since I only know how to load mods and not create them!  I know you've given a lot of tips to people about how to get a facsimile to Silmeria.  I tried using Violet, and I could see the resemblance, but it's still not exact.  Could you please post a follower version that looks more like the images by carry0830?  For example, I have no idea how to get that hair on the NPC (vs Violet's dark short hair)?  If not, no worries -- but if you can, would be super appreciative.

BSnake,

First of all -- thank you so much for your hard work!  Really really appreciate it, since I only know how to load mods and not create them!  I know you've given a lot of tips to people about how to get a facsimile to Silmeria.  I tried using Violet, and I could see the resemblance, but it's still not exact.  Could you please post a follower version that looks more like the images by carry0830?  For example, I have no idea how to get that hair on the NPC (vs Violet's dark short hair)?  If not, no worries -- but if you can, would be super appreciative.

Hi HiryuX,

Violet's preset is based on the first version of Silmeria before Carry0830 changed her look. I promised myself that I wouldn't create another follower/preset based on the new Silmeria in order to respect Carry's privacy. It's pretty easy to tweak some sliders, such as eyes, jaws, chin, and mouth, in order to achieve her new look.

I agree that Violet does not look exactly the same as Silmeria, and this mostly concerns the ENB preset you may have installed. Carry uses an older version of BoneAsh ENB, but I'm not sure which version it is. You'll have to search the 3DMGame forums for archived versions of this ENB preset in order to match Carry's lighting.

In order to customize Violet's look, such as hair, I recommend creating a follower of your own using Natilde's Creating Standalone NPCs tutorial on the Nexus. This will get you familiar with various meshes and textures used by NPCs, as well as use of the Creation Kit. I don't have any plans to create additional followers at the moment since I've been busy with RL and tweaking my own ENB preset.

Thanks for your kind words concerning the mods. :) I'll be updating the Nexus pics soon with those of my new character in order to show what's possible with the existing presets.

Wow -- BSnake, thanks for the getting back to me so quickly.  I didn't even notice Charlotte, which is closer than Violet (I assumed Violet was the Silmeria look-alike because you posted the inspiration shot).  In any case, I was always a bit hesitant to create my own NPC (seems daunting to me), but think I will have to take the plunge.  Thanks for your advice, I will try to see what I can come up with.  Unfortunately, my rig isn't able to run ENBs and RL well, so will have to get it as close as possible without the benefit of awesome lighting.

I have no experience whatsoever, I admit -- so is there a good place to learn about how to install and use sliders? (I see bodyslide everywhere but have never used). 

Also, completely random question but since we're on the topic of creating NPCs -- any experience on changing skin texture color?  I've seen some examples like Zonzai's Art of Magicka and his witch elf (first few posted images) has this dark blue skin tone, which looks cool but not sure if that's difficult to re-create.

Again, thanks -- you've done the lion's share of the work already, I'll see if I can figure the rest out with some tinkering.  Looking forward to your updated photos for further inspiration on what is possible.

Wow -- BSnake, thanks for the getting back to me so quickly.  I didn't even notice Charlotte, which is closer than Violet (I assumed Violet was the Silmeria look-alike because you posted the inspiration shot).  In any case, I was always a bit hesitant to create my own NPC (seems daunting to me), but think I will have to take the plunge.  Thanks for your advice, I will try to see what I can come up with.  Unfortunately, my rig isn't able to run ENBs and RL well, so will have to get it as close as possible without the benefit of awesome lighting.

I have no experience whatsoever, I admit -- so is there a good place to learn about how to install and use sliders? (I see bodyslide everywhere but have never used). 

Also, completely random question but since we're on the topic of creating NPCs -- any experience on changing skin texture color?  I've seen some examples like Zonzai's Art of Magicka and his witch elf (first few posted images) has this dark blue skin tone, which looks cool but not sure if that's difficult to re-create.

Again, thanks -- you've done the lion's share of the work already, I'll see if I can figure the rest out with some tinkering.  Looking forward to your updated photos for further inspiration on what is possible.

Charlotte was actually my first attempt at recreating Silmeria's original look, but the face textures I used at the time (BBLee III) did not match Carry's. After discovering that Carry used Sophia Face textures, I tweaked Charlotte's face a bit and Violet was the result. You're right, though, Violet is supposed to be the Silmeria look-alike. :P

I agree that modding seems quite daunting at first. I had absolutely no experience modding any game before taking the plunge and trying to wrap my head around the Creation Kit. There are so many oddities within the CK that you'll likely become frustrated frequently. Keep at it, though, and I'm sure you'll eventually get the hang of it. It will just take a lot of Google searching in order to find solutions.

It's unfortunate that your rig can't handle ENB presets since they can make the game look much, much better. Have you tried optimizing Skyrim's visual settings first in order to gain as much FPS as possible before installing ENB? There are quite a few resources online for optimizing Skyrim's .ini files and your graphics driver settings.

Bodyslide is a tool created by Caliente in order to let users tweak their own CBBE body meshes. Caliente provides detailed instructions on its use, and I recommend complimenting it with stuffed_bunny's CB++ tool, which offers more sliders and outfit compatibility. There is also the Bodyslide UNP tool if you plan to use UNP instead.

Default races have a very limited selection for skin colors. This can be easily changed using RaceMenu, which offers a plethora of colors for all showracemenu sliders. Another option would be to go into the Creation Kit and create a new colorform, applying it as a skin tone for your race of choice. Yet another option would be to recolor both the face and skin's diffuse map in GIMP/Photoshop, although this is more work imo.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. :) Tktk and RAN46 deserve most of the credit since I used ECE as a template for this race. It's a great learning experience if you open a mod in the CK and see what changes it makes.

Hey BSnake,

Thanks for the encouragement.  I did try to go through the NPC creation tutorial, and learned a bit.  However, I am still a neophyte and currently am at one of those points of frustration in understanding CK!  Lots of googling! :dodgy:

As an exercise, I'm trying to do something simple like, change Charlotte's hair.  I don't even know how to get your followers.esp to load (not sure what should be master file or active file) just so that I can take a closer look at the underlying character assets.  If you could point me in the right direction, that would be great.  Would I need ECE (?) to be downloaded?

I actually played around a bit with ENB presets last few days, and was able to load a performance one that doesn't look as good as some of the other ones out there (some look amazing), and it runs decently but at the cost of having to lower texture quality to medium.  Tradeoffs!

Regardless, thank you so much for your help (and all the other advice) and for your work.

Hey BSnake,

Thanks for the encouragement.  I did try to go through the NPC creation tutorial, and learned a bit.  However, I am still a neophyte and currently am at one of those points of frustration in understanding CK!  Lots of googling! :dodgy:

As an exercise, I'm trying to do something simple like, change Charlotte's hair.  I don't even know how to get your followers.esp to load (not sure what should be master file or active file) just so that I can take a closer look at the underlying character assets.  If you could point me in the right direction, that would be great.  Would I need ECE (?) to be downloaded?

I actually played around a bit with ENB presets last few days, and was able to load a performance one that doesn't look as good as some of the other ones out there (some look amazing), and it runs decently but at the cost of having to lower texture quality to medium.  Tradeoffs!

Regardless, thank you so much for your help (and all the other advice) and for your work.

In order to edit Lovergirls Follower Pack.esp in the CK, you must install Wryebash. Please follow the instructions below, which are also provided on the Lovergirls mod page on the Nexus:

Editing Followers in the CK:

If you wish to edit the follower's face, add headparts like scars, adjust their stats, give them specific equipment, etc., then you'll need to install Wryebash.

After installing Wryebash, move Lovergirl Race.esp to the very top of the esp files list (or the very bottom of the esm files list - same thing). Right-click Lovergirl Race.esp and click "Esmify Self". Then exit Wryebash completely and open Lovergirls Follower Pack.esp in the CK. Commence editing.

Save your changes and then start up Wryebash again. Right-click Lovergirl Race.esp and click "Espify Self". Be sure to do this before starting up the game. If you save in-game and forget to "espify" Lovergirl Race.esp, your save file will become corrupt.

Lovergirls Follower Pack.esp needs to be set as the Active File since you will be making changes to it. Once you load it, Skyrim.esm, Race Compatibility.esm, and Lovergirl Race.esp will be set as Master Files automatically, so no need to touch them. You should now be able to apply the steps from the Creating Standalone NPCs tutorial to the followers.

In order to change Charlotte's hair, you first need to find the hair that you'll be using. It should come with two textures - a diffuse map (.dds) and a normal map (_n.dds). Place these in Data\textures\BSnake\Lovergirls\hair. The hair will also come with a mesh (.nif) for the hair itself and possibly for the hairline. There might also be .tri files for the hair and hairline. If applicable, move all of these files to Data\meshes\BSnake\Lovergirls\hair.

After that, follow Step 5: Creating Head Parts in the Creating Standalone NPCs tutorial. Good luck and try not to pull your hair out (pun intended) if oddities occur. :P

Bsnake, since you're posting and since this thread was bumped, let me just thank you again for sharing this race. I tried your race along with a bunch of other races, some obscure, some popular, but in the end I wound up settling for your race having liked it best of all. Mind you I am very particular about my PC, and in every Elder Scroll game I like to try something different. In Daggerfall I went as a Nord Warrior/Beserker, which I'm now kinda using for my main companion. In Morrowind I went as a vamperic Dunmer. In Oblivion Mystic Elf, which I kinda tweaked into a subspecies of Bosmer. In Skyrim your race, which I've worked into kind of a Breton offshoot Spellsword (emphasis on Spell.) ;)

Sure your race doesn't get a ton of presets, but the ones you do get are so awesome, and malleable you can easily tweak them to make a unique yet stunning character, grant you I find you don't want to tweak too much since the presets are just gorgeous. The Lovergirl race is for me, not only my favorite race mod hands down, but likely going to be my main race as I play the game. I have a tendency to stick with one race for the most part, except if I play as a male character, in which case... Well I have a few ideas in mind but it would involving tweaking an existing race, or waiting for someone to do a Femmeboi race. Even if I decided to play a female or MTF TG Elf though, I could just easily add an elf ear mesh to this race. Furthermore the fact you have companions mirroring the presets is so awesome from a wacky roleplayers perspective like myself. Since my character gets to have a long lost twin! :P All I need do is tweak the companion corresponding to my preset to look like mine! :D

Just figured I'd let you know someone else out there really appreciates your hard work. :D

Here's some pictures of the character I made compliments of you, before and after she cut her hair. ;)

Ashe00_zpsc1d25989.jpg

Ashe02_zps3480ba7a.jpg

Ashe03_zps936a0b6c.jpg

Ashe06_zpsadd1c59f.jpg

Ashe08_zps0635c18f.jpg

So once again thanks for this race, and companions mod duo! ;)

Bsnake, since you're posting and since this thread was bumped, let me just thank you again for sharing this race. I tried your race along with a bunch of other races, some obscure, some popular, but in the end I wound up settling for your race having liked it best of all. Mind you I am very particular about my PC, and in every Elder Scroll game I like to try something different. In Daggerfall I went as a Nord Warrior/Beserker, which I'm now kinda using for my main companion. In Morrowind I went as a vamperic Dunmer. In Oblivion Mystic Elf, which I kinda tweaked into a subspecies of Bosmer. In Skyrim your race, which I've worked into kind of a Breton offshoot Spellsword (emphasis on Spell.) ;)

Sure your race doesn't get a ton of presets, but the ones you do get are so awesome, and malleable you can easily tweak them to make a unique yet stunning character, grant you I find you don't want to tweak too much since the presets are just gorgeous. The Lovergirl race is for me, not only my favorite race mod hands down, but likely going to be my main race as I play the game. I have a tendency to stick with one race for the most part, except if I play as a male character, in which case... Well I have a few ideas in mind but it would involving tweaking an existing race, or waiting for someone to do a Femmeboi race. Even if I decided to play a female or MTF TG Elf though, I could just easily add an elf ear mesh to this race. Furthermore the fact you have companions mirroring the presets is so awesome from a wacky roleplayers perspective like myself. Since my character gets to have a long lost twin! :P All I need do is tweak the companion corresponding to my preset to look like mine! :D

Just figured I'd let you know someone else out there really appreciates your hard work. :D

Here's some pictures of the character I made compliments of you, before and after she cut her hair. ;)

Ashe00_zpsc1d25989.jpg

Ashe02_zps3480ba7a.jpg

Ashe03_zps936a0b6c.jpg

Ashe06_zpsadd1c59f.jpg

Ashe08_zps0635c18f.jpg

So once again thanks for this race, and companions mod duo! ;)

Hi Cozy,

Thank you for your appreciation of the mods. I'm grateful knowing that my presets are useful to you and others. :) Carry0833 also deserves credit for posting screenshots of his beautiful character. Much like Sanhoshin and others, he truly became inspirational in the area of character creation.

Since you took the time to express your gratitude, I'll express mine by explaining the origins of the race to anyone unfamiliar with it. Carry's pics made a lot of people (both Easterners and Westerners) jealous and wanting since he decided to keep the specifics a secret. I was surprised to see that no one (except one person from the 3DMGame forums whose name I can't recall) put effort toward seriously recreating Silmeria. I tried my hand and failed, but it resulted in characters that I became fond of (Charlotte, Nina, and Scarlet). Violet was the icing on the cake ever since Carry generously gave out some hints.

I become a bit obsessed with recreating Silmeria since the assets seemed to be widely available - they were just waiting to be found. My first priority was finding out which face mod was used (.tri morphs). This had to have been either Enhanced Character Edit or Better FaceGen since they were generally "round" - the vanilla tri morphs were obviously too angular. Next, I assumed that Carry didn't use his own custom face textures since he never released any before. I tried to find textures that were the closest match, choosing BBLee III simply out of intuition. It was close, but certainly no cigar. This resulted in Charlotte, Nina, and Scarlet being created. I had a hell of a time focusing on the impossibly small size of Silmeria's lips. Why did ECE's smallest lips seem so big even at the minimum slider setting? I questioned the use of ECE, tried different combinations of diffuse and normal maps, installed different ENB presets, etc. Then one day, Carry wrote on his 3DMGame comments page that he used Sophia Face. This resulted in the creation of Violet.

I made the race just for you guys since, admittedly, I solely play male characters in RPGs. Although my modding skills are still largely amateur, I've learned from this experience that putting forth enough effort will allow you to reach your goal. There's always the chance that someone more skilled than you will create something similar or better, but why wait and hope instead of trying yourself? Even if your results aren't satisfactory (I'm a bit of a perfectionist), at least you've grown more skillful in modding. :P

Btw, I apologize that it's been a while since the last update. I'm currently verifying some bug reports and the next update will at least fix the vampire eyes so that they use the yellow glowing ones for Dawnguard users. I still don't have plans for a fifth follower/preset due to disinterest in Skyrim and I'm just waiting for a spark of inspiration.

Thx for this great mod!! :shy:

This is a fun race to play with. the only one with Ashen to effectively add some stand alone races :cool:  to Skyrim and NOT kill the game on the spot :@ .

Now i've been using it since v1.00 but with the release of the precachkillers and some good hair mods. i've begun trying to go beyond the usual presets and vanilla options. :angel:

So i saw Ashen is compatible with the CB slider. and also BBP.

However Lovergirls isn't.

Am I right that the CB slider tool uses the CBBEv3 body which also is used by Lovergirls?

Can you tell me if you know whether the SLider can be used also on Lovergirls? Or that you made it so it can't (to saveguard your hard work, something I can easily understand and accept)?

And is Lovergirls BBP compatible?

I'm using the slider 1.4 cuz it has a preview function for the "skeleton" you're making.

Anyways,

Keep it up. ;)

This is a fun race to play with. the only one with Ashen to effectively add some stand alone races :cool:  to Skyrim and NOT kill the game on the spot :@ .

Now i've been using it since v1.00 but with the release of the precachkillers and some good hair mods. i've begun trying to go beyond the usual presets and vanilla options. :angel:

Am I right that the CB slider tool uses the CBBEv3 body which also is used by Lovergirls?

Can you tell me if you know whether the SLider can be used also on Lovergirls? Or that you made it so it can't (to saveguard your hard work, something I can easily understand and accept)?

I'm using the slider 1.4 cuz it has a preview function for the "skeleton" you're making.

Anyways,

Keep it up. ;)

I've documented these customizations (different body meshes and BBP) in the readmes included with the Lovergirl Race archives. They're also detailed on the Nexus description page. The short answer is yes, you can apply these customizations to your Lovergirl character. :)

Anyways,

Keep it up. ;)

I've documented these customizations (different body meshes and BBP) in the readmes included with the Lovergirl Race archives. They're also detailed on the Nexus description page. The short answer is yes, you can apply these customizations to your Lovergirl character. :)

Thx for the reply. Heading over there now.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway of letting that race compatible with ECE? /cry i love lovergirls race but if i use that cant use ECE and all my others races goes way too crap...

Hi Deedlit,

The race contains identical sliders from ECE v0.86. If you mean the new sliders from kapaer's Character Making Extender, I've managed to get the race to work with it. The problem is that my presets have gone wonky due to ECE's new tri files and CME's sliders. I was thinking about creating new presets from scratch and overhauling my race. Therein lies another problem as well:

I've contacted tktk recently and I was unable to gain permission to package ECE's new tri files and CME along with my race. I was asking for too much in the first place since tktk and kapaer have put a lot of work toward the ECE overhaul. Even if I did get permission, all I would be providing of my own creation would be a few face presets, different perks/abilities, and standalone asset directories. That's hardly fair to tktk and kapaer. Also, I would probably get a lot of troubleshooting questions on the Nexus about my new race + CME, even though tktk and kapaer are the experts.

A backup plan I had was to overhaul my race without packaging the new tri files and CME. I would include CME-compatible presets, but users would have to download the ECE overhaul, extracting its new tri files to my asset directory. This is a bit of a pain, especially to new users. I decided to dismiss this plan since it's not user-friendly.

For now, I recommend making the switch from Lovergirl Race to ECE + CME. If you've played around with Lovergirl Race's sliders, you should have no problem creating the face that you want using CME's wonderful additions. :) I might end up creating and uploading presets for the ECE overhaul using CME's preset system, but I have no plans atm.