Windows 10, ENB and the fullscreen optimization

Excurios

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, since w10, there is an option called "fullscreen optimization", which for unknown reason randomly cap your FPS lower than usual., until you restart the game (but can still happen even after restarting). For Skyrim LE, it randomly locks to 40 fps because of that so called feature .

Hopefully it can be disabled by right clicking on the .exe, then under properties by checking a box ("Disable full screen optimization"). But the problem is, when disabled and playing with an ENB (more precisely having d3d9.dll in Skyrim root folder) the game does not start (error 0xc000001d). I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem, not really game breaking, but it can be quite annoying, and the only thing I know is that you can play Skyrim SE with an ENB and the fullscreen optimization disabled, but it's impossible for the Legendary Edition.

In case someone will ask, I've checked for any framerate limiter which could be on, and I'm pretty sure that this issue is not load order related. Also the random FPS cap does not seem to appear on older GPU drivers (around 2016 - middle 2017) except the fact that huge fps drop on interior-exterior can happen, but yet I'm not so sure if it's related.

Thanks for your attention, I'll appreciate any help and sorry for the long text ?

that sounds a bit messed up

I use

• win10
  • fullscreen
  • activated full screen optimization
  • ENBoost
  • constant 60 fps
  • LE
  • starting with SKSE via Wyre Bash
  • 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (NVIDIA)

and I dont have your described issues

did you try this:

Hi everyone, i found something, it work for me, i update windows 10 and i got the same issue,

what we need to do is change the compatibility setting to "Run as an Administrator" and unselect the "Compatibility mode" if u have selected

right click >properties>Compatibility

the files we need to change are these:

in the skyrim main folder

TESV.exe

SkyrimLauncher.exe

skse_loader.exe

the Mod manager we use

ModOrganizer.exe

NMM.exe

and the other tools

Loot.exe

Wrye Bash.exe

Tes5edit.exe

other thing i found was that my NvidiaExpirience driver was not updated

I hope this can Help 

its from here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5576072-tesvexe-application-error-0xc000001d/

• 7 months later...

I too get this error when I try to disable fullscreen optimizations for TESV.exe

I hate how the global option is now removed from windows, even using regedit doesn't seem to work.

Anyone have a solution?

I'm thinking of installing a pirated older version of windows. Because I'm fed up with microsoft shoving the game bar down my throat. It's fucking bullshit.

Oh, and because of the dumb forced borderless, I have this "activate windows" shit on top of my game. Despite having paid for windows. Because I changed my CPU and that apparently means I have to buy a new fucking key

Archived