Has anyone seen a file named StructuredQuery ??

D_ManXX2

I have been trying to identify what it is but dont know what is running it ?? I have never seen this file in windows 7 but somehow was running windows 10 ?? it always run when i first start my laptop on ?? I tried searching this file on google but not much info on it ??

i am not getting any error, but it is till running this file in the temp folder. so either this is new or something else causing this file to be visible in temp folder but when opeing it it does not contain any error it just running some instances not sure why though. it happens only when starting pc up other then that i dont see this file at all.

Could this be due to onedrive ?? i see one drive is also running several other files in my temp folder but the it never removes them afterwards.

Did some digging, looks to be part of MS Search / Cortana:

This file is part of Windows® Search. StructuredQuery.dll is developed by Microsoft Corporation. It’s a system and hidden file. StructuredQuery.dll is usually located in the %SYSTEM% folder and its usual size is 359,424 bytes

If you wan to get rid of Cortana, you can degrade her to become a simple local Search like in any previous windows Versions:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2949759/windows/killing-cortana-how-to-disable-windows-10s-info-hungry-digital-assistant.html

Unless this Digital Assistants can run completely locally, and becomes like Reginald_001's Ivy, i'm not going to use an Digital Assistant,

not Cortana, not Google, not Siri and Certainly not Alexa.

I want a Crazy sub servant VI ? of which i have full control of. (yeah i'm that weird)

Archived