Shaydow's Celestials *UPDATE* 05/15/14

I didn't see it in the known bugs section, so I feel I should give this bug a quick mention. The Shaydow Knight gun seems to have a hit detection problem. It could just be my game but so far I can barely hit anything. Even point blank aimed at a non moving target the projectile travels right through them.

I am unaware this is an issue. Does anyone else experience this? I do not when I load up and play. I do know that hits have to be REALLY good, because it fires fast, but I thought this was exceptable since it is a gun.

never tested the guns , but now used for serious with targets and besides the damage being really low its like 90% miss, or its theres a range really low and i dnt realize, im using SkyRedone i dnt know if that affects that, i know its not right section also, but how i can keep my head / face when using the vampire lord / werewolf you made? its take a complete diferente head/face. Sorry posting here that, its k if i made wrong and dnt wanna answer that here.

Well the guns DON'T DO DAMAGE. They steal Magicka.

Also, I myself am trying to work out head data for my other mods, that does not belong in this thread,  that is for those specific topics.

I didn't see it in the known bugs section, so I feel I should give this bug a quick mention. The Shaydow Knight gun seems to have a hit detection problem. It could just be my game but so far I can barely hit anything. Even point blank aimed at a non moving target the projectile travels right through them.

I am unaware this is an issue. Does anyone else experience this? I do not when I load up and play. I do know that hits have to be REALLY good, because it fires fast, but I thought this was exceptable since it is a gun.

never tested the guns , but now used for serious with targets and besides the damage being really low its like 90% miss, or its theres a range really low and i dnt realize, im using SkyRedone i dnt know if that affects that, i know its not right section also, but how i can keep my head / face when using the vampire lord / werewolf you made? its take a complete diferente head/face. Sorry posting here that, its k if i made wrong and dnt wanna answer that here.

Well the guns DON'T DO DAMAGE. They steal Magicka.

Also, I myself am trying to work out head data for my other mods, that does not belong in this thread,  that is for those specific topics.

Ah, so they don't do damage? That would explain why it appears to miss. I just assumed it did dmg. If I may make a suggestion? Maybe add a dmg version. The Shaydow knight doesn't really need a mana leech since it really only has 1 high magic combat use power (cloaking), and 1 medium use power (detection). Detection is a timed ability and lasts for nearly a minute so that's 40 something seconds of mana regen, and cloak lasts until disrupted. A damage version that can fire 6 rapid shots like a revolver before reload would imo fit better with an assassin class. This would make it good for stealth room clearing and fill the gap between single target bows and daggers.

Hey Shaydow, I'm getting a problem with the attack animations. When I use the Angel Knight's Sword summon (greatsword works), Devil Knight's Scythe summon, or Shaydow Knight's Dagger summon and Gun attack spells, my game crashes and creates a game save where the "Location" is "hdtPhysicsExtender" (which I am using). Do you know why they would be conflicting, or a way to work around it? Or if it might be something else conflicting? Much thanks.

EDIT: 

I have now deactivated ALL other mods (except little sexy apparel replacer, which crashes the game on startup if I deactivate it). I removed hdt physics. Still crashes when I use the above abilities, but doesn't create the save like I said above. Now thoroughly confused.

I'm using XPMS Extended skeleton, and (mostly) your suggested animations (I have a different idle, and I didn't like the magic-related animations, so I've replaced those too, but it still crashed with your suggested magic animations too). I have Balanced Magic installed, but deactivated. I'll try uninstalling and see what happens.

Still crashes. Definitely confused. I would uninstall everything except Celestials and its requirements, but it took me all night to install them in the first place (i'd done a fresh install) and would rather not do that again.

Hey Shaydow, I'm getting a problem with the attack animations. When I use the Angel Knight's Sword summon (greatsword works), Devil Knight's Scythe summon, or Shaydow Knight's Dagger summon and Gun attack spells, my game crashes and creates a game save where the "Location" is "hdtPhysicsExtender" (which I am using). Do you know why they would be conflicting, or a way to work around it? Or if it might be something else conflicting? Much thanks.

EDIT: 

I have now deactivated ALL other mods (except little sexy apparel replacer, which crashes the game on startup if I deactivate it). I removed hdt physics. Still crashes when I use the above abilities, but doesn't create the save like I said above. Now thoroughly confused.

I'm using XPMS Extended skeleton, and (mostly) your suggested animations (I have a different idle, and I didn't like the magic-related animations, so I've replaced those too, but it still crashed with your suggested magic animations too). I have Balanced Magic installed, but deactivated. I'll try uninstalling and see what happens.

Still crashes. Definitely confused. I would uninstall everything except Celestials and its requirements, but it took me all night to install them in the first place (i'd done a fresh install) and would rather not do that again.

when game crash and comes a save with hdt name, its because hdt pe: A)got out of memory, B)HDP Pe Crashed, so to avoid lost all your progress at game its auto do a save, check you hdt pe, its something wrong there, try using last skse(that one the lastest can manager meomory also now) and configure your enb memory right also (enblocal.ini), in resume its not a problem with shaydow that, kinda really low chances of being him problem if its just that error.

Obs: try also using that skeleton , belive its work way better its fully hdt pe compatible.

EDIT: 

when game crash and comes a save with hdt name, its because hdt pe: A)got out of memory, B)HDP Pe Crashed, so to avoid lost all your progress at game its auto do a save, check you hdt pe, its something wrong there, try using last skse(that one the lastest can manager meomory also now) and configure your enb memory right also (enblocal.ini), in resume its not a problem with shaydow that, kinda really low chances of being him problem if its just that error.

Obs: try also using that skeleton , belive its work way better its fully hdt pe compatible.

So I just backed up my skyrim, and did a completely fresh installation. Installed ONLY the XPMS Extended skeleton, race compatibility, hdt HighHeels, and of course Celestials (7.1). I'm not using an enb, far as I know (unless one comes with vanilla skyrim). I have the latest SKSE. Still crashes when I use the abilities.

EDIT: 

So I just backed up my skyrim, and did a completely fresh installation. Installed ONLY the XPMS Extended skeleton, race compatibility, hdt HighHeels, and of course Celestials (7.1). I'm not using an enb, far as I know (unless one comes with vanilla skyrim). I have the latest SKSE. Still crashes when I use the abilities.

kinda weird im with hdt pe, cbbe body, dreamgirl body (2 profiles at mod organizer), celestials at both and the skeleton of the link i just sended and works fine, did you tried the skeleton from my previous post? try also the hdt pe im using, kinda weird played for like 4hours today using kountervibe enb (kinda heavy that enb if using with alot visual effects,grass,etc) and all goes fine. at attach the hdt im using.

if you reinstalled skyrim recent, please remove all and start using mod organizer, belive after 1 or 2 week you will glad me to say that.

my preset.zip

(snip)

I read the rest of the replies, just snipped this post and left the rest to avoid forum clutter.

Now I am REALLY confused for you, as see, 7.1 weapons are summon weapons. You say you can use the Greatsword, ironically, that is an animation replacer from my pack ( 2hm_boundswordequip.hkx as well as bow_boundbowequip.hkx should both be found in my pack ) but the thing is, I DID NOT REPLACE 1 HANDED SUMMON ANIMATION. So uhh, I dunno? :( Can you summon a normal vanilla sword using the Bound Sword spell? Because the spells your talking about in Celestials that are crashing you are modeled directly after the vanilla Bound Sword Spell.

Do a search in your animations and delete 1hm_boundswordequip.hkx if you find it and see if it helps. Mind you this animation is not included in the animation pack I uploaded recently.

I would hope this might help, if not I have no clue. If it doesn't, again, try the Vanilla Bound Sword spell and let me know what happens.

*EDIT* don't forget to run FNIS again every time you change your animations.

(snip)

I read the rest of the replies, just snipped this post and left the rest to avoid forum clutter.

Now I am REALLY confused for you, as see, 7.1 weapons are summon weapons. You say you can use the Greatsword, ironically, that is an animation replacer from my pack ( 2hm_boundswordequip.hkx as well as bow_boundbowequip.hkx should both be found in my pack ) but the thing is, I DID NOT REPLACE 1 HANDED SUMMON ANIMATION. So uhh, I dunno? :( Can you summon a normal vanilla sword using the Bound Sword spell? Because the spells your talking about in Celestials that are crashing you are modeled directly after the vanilla Bound Sword Spell.

Do a search in your animations and delete 1hm_boundswordequip.hkx if you find it and see if it helps. Mind you this animation is not included in the animation pack I uploaded recently.

I would hope this might help, if not I have no clue. If it doesn't, again, try the Vanilla Bound Sword spell and let me know what happens.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Vanilla Bound Sword ALSO crashes my game. I've completely deleted skyrim from my computer, and am reinstalling via Steam to make sure everything that should be there is. I'll let you know if this fixes it. I have no idea how this happened.

But while I'm here, I'll throw a couple ideas at you. Bear in mind I have no experience with modding, so I have no idea how hard this will be. I was thinking maybe if it's possible, the level of "skimpiness" of the transformations is related to how far along the Celestials perk tree you've gotten, and maybe add a power to change it to any level of skimpiness currently available to you. So for instance, if you have no points in Celestials tree, you would only have ultra skimpy versions of the armors, but if you had it all the way up the tree, the default armor is skimpy, and the choice power lets you pick ultra skimpy, very skimpy, and fairly skimpy or skimpy.(cause let's face it, "skimpy" as a descriptor won't be going away for these armors). Once you get around to bringing the less skimpy stuff over to v7, anyways. I think that would be a badass, physical representation of your increase in power as a Celestial over time.

EDIT:

Solution found. According to the all-knowing internet, apparently something at some point left a ghost item in all my characters' inventories (probably a mod) that caused my game to crash when using summon-spells. The fix? player.resetinventory clears everything, including ghost stuff, out, and gives you a couple free things (iron armor, potions or something). 

EVERYTHING NOW WORKS AND IS AMAZING. Thank you for making an awesome race, Shaydow! Thank you for the help, and I hope my suggestions above are worthwhile to you.

(snip)

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Vanilla Bound Sword ALSO crashes my game. I've completely deleted skyrim from my computer, and am reinstalling via Steam to make sure everything that should be there is. I'll let you know if this fixes it. I have no idea how this happened.

But while I'm here, I'll throw a couple ideas at you. Bear in mind I have no experience with modding, so I have no idea how hard this will be. I was thinking maybe if it's possible, the level of "skimpiness" of the transformations is related to how far along the Celestials perk tree you've gotten, and maybe add a power to change it to any level of skimpiness currently available to you. So for instance, if you have no points in Celestials tree, you would only have ultra skimpy versions of the armors, but if you had it all the way up the tree, the default armor is skimpy, and the choice power lets you pick ultra skimpy, very skimpy, and fairly skimpy or skimpy.(cause let's face it, "skimpy" as a descriptor won't be going away for these armors). Once you get around to bringing the less skimpy stuff over to v7, anyways. I think that would be a badass, physical representation of your increase in power as a Celestial over time.

EDIT:

Solution found. According to the all-knowing internet, apparently something at some point left a ghost item in all my characters' inventories (probably a mod) that caused my game to crash when using summon-spells. The fix? player.resetinventory clears everything, including ghost stuff, out, and gives you a couple free things (iron armor, potions or something). 

EVERYTHING NOW WORKS AND IS AMAZING. Thank you for making an awesome race, Shaydow! Thank you for the help, and I hope my suggestions above are worthwhile to you.

I'm glad you figured it out. Ya I didn't think it could be the weapon powers and I honestly figured you would come back and tell me vanilla bound sword did it to you to :P

As for your suggestion, I won't be doing anything like that for one very main and big reason, and it has to do with scripts. I know a lot of people have all these great ideas and sure I could do them, but then I would have to deviate from my original stance of my scripts never running in the background. I.E : to do what you want I would have to have constant running scripts to do checks instead of the way I do it now, and I don't want to. My goal was to make sure my scripts do not run in the background, do not bog the players computer down AT ALL, and to make sure they could never ever interfere with any other mods scripts. The way I have it set up now achieves this, and so I will not be changing it. Hope this makes sense and you understand.

Ah, that does make sense. I was going to suggest then that certain celestial perks give smithing access to progressively more Armor pieces that take up nonstandard slots (making them immune to the "can't wear Armor in a form), but a) I understand that would mess with balance, and b ) I think I read earlier here that smithing and perks are hard coded in or something.

That is exactly what I plan on doing, and one of the reasons the 7.2 release MAY be next week ( the other reason is my wife has off most of this week and that like never happens, and I want to spend some time with her ).

I figure I will start the player with a simple letter in the inventory added like I have done with other items in the past. This letter will be called something like " Celestial Objective " or something along those lines that gives the most basic yet simple clue as to where you can find the Goddess. Really, she won't be HARD to find, I promise, I might even just tell you ( not YOU, but players ) where she is in a spoiler in the FAQ. I can even give very simple hints, such as this :

Remember why the Goddess was sent in the first place. She has something standing between her and her goal of rule. Where do you think she might be?

Rather then having it be a quest, a simple hint such as the above will be given, and in KEY locations throughout the main story, I will place more notes and hints, until finally her location is just given.

No need for overly complicated implementations. I do want to make lore books though, and am actually in the middle of a ROUGH draft of a journal of sorts you will read in the Goddess's bedroom after beating her that will detail some of her descent into madness. I want to add more, but I thought something like this might be a fun little addition to the mod, and add much needed " in game " lore to Celestials, something I have not done yet, only here on this forum.

*EDIT* also, when I finally DO reboot my Skyrim Let's Play, well players will be able to find out if they just watch that one small part of the video once I GET there. Again, you have to be at a certain part of the MAIN story to access her, but there is no level requirement.

**EDIT 2** I totally forgot to add in my last 2 responses to you. Yes I had already thought about music. I know how to convert to the format that the game uses, and even have a song in mind. However I am not sure about implimentation at this exact point ( I.E I need to learn how music triggers work ) and if it will be something released in 7.2, though to be honest, probably not. Though it may very well come in a Future 7.x update before any 8.x release.

Also in case you want to know it would be this song that plays when you fight the Goddess. While I did like your song, I'm about 99% sure the one I want to use is allowed to be used by the public, or at least I know FFR has the rights to use it.

Alright. Never did have any complaints about Final Fantasy's soundtracks. As far as the music triggers, the way I replaced my title theme and stuff with Dies Irae, was I used VLC player to play the sound files (while choppy and not the best quality, I could still identify which tracks were which song. Now, as far as the music triggers go I think you would have to add a new script and music track reference to use a unique song if you don't want that track to be played outside of the battle with the Goddess. While I have yet to be able to figure out the creation kit I know the principles of how the scripts work, though I am not even close to a programmer. The most programming I have ever done was the modding of Freelancer back in 2003 to 2011, but that was beginner's work because it was all ini files, so change a few variables here and there and you get a new physics engine. Nothing as complex as Skyrim. (Complex to me anyway.)

So guys I threw it out there but just to restate, I didn't work on the mod at all last week. I was going to but then finding out my wife was getting a mini vacation was to good to pass up. We hung out and played ( and beat ) some really old school games she never got to play, such as the a fore mentioned Dragon's Lair, as well as Blazing Dragons ( lol not like a Dragon kick or anything, just good games :P ), some Super Mario World, etc. So ya, didn't do dick.

The GOOD news is that this morning I took a few  ( hours ) and started working on adding in THE CURRENT v7 FORM ARMORS as standalone craftables. See I can do this because it is all CK entry ( sans 3 new nifs that had to be made by combining 2 nifs into one, but that wasn't that big a deal ), so I'm not adding anything TO the mod in terms of size, just adding the entries into the CK for what would be needed to already use those assets. So those of you who have been wishing to at least craft the ( AGAIN, CURRENT ) forms should be happy. I was also happy, getting them into the game and doing some testing I found a lot of neat combinations I think some of you may like....

Here are some entries I made in the CK today :

Angel Armor Heavy

Angel Armor Light

Angel Armor Cloth

Angel Boots Heavy

Angel Boots Light

Angel Boots Cloth

Angel Gloves Heavy

Angel Gloves Light

Angel Gloves Cloth

Angel Helm Heavy

Angel Helm Light

Angel Helm Cloth

Devil Armor Heavy

Devil Armor Light

Devil Armor Cloth

Devil Boots Heavy

Devil Boots Light

Devil Boots Cloth

Devil Gloves Heavy

Devil Gloves Light

Devil Gloves Cloth

Devil Helm Heavy

Devil Helm Light

Devil Helm Cloth

Shaydow Armor Heavy

Shaydow Armor Light

Shaydow Armor Cloth

Shaydow Boots Heavy

Shaydow Boots Light

Shaydow Boots Cloth

Shaydow Gloves Heavy

Shaydow Gloves Light

Shaydow Gloves Cloth

Shaydow Helm Heavy

Shaydow Helm Light

Shaydow Helm Cloth

Goddess Armor Heavy

Goddess Armor Light

Goddess Armor Cloth

Goddess Boots Heavy

Goddess Boots Light

Goddess Boots Cloth

Goddess Gloves Heavy

Goddess Gloves Light

Goddess Gloves Cloth

Goddess Helm Heavy

Goddess Helm Light

Goddess Helm Cloth

I also balanced them and even priced them. An example is the Heavy armors, they have slightly more armor then DrgaonPlate, slightly less weight then Deadric, are worth slightly more to sell to a vendor then either, have all of the proper perks to associate with ( including working with forms perks ) and will use slightly more dragon bones / scales then DragonPlate to Craft, and 2 Daedric Hearts instead of one. Think of it as End Game armor for the Celestial Mod for those who want to craft / enchant their own gear.

Tomorrow I will begin adding in the crafting recipes.

This brought me to a dilemma however. See, Goddess was suppose to be a hybrid of the other 3 Forms, this includes armor. The only difference is some retexturing on most of the pieces, however Goddess was using Angel Knight's chest and a retexture didn't work, so I left it as is, and it has been what you have seen in the screenshots and videos so far. Yet when I added in the Goddess to the standalone list I noticed that it doesn't do much good to make them like that, since well, they are both pretty much the same ( not exact, but REAL close ). Now I MYSELF PERSONALLY like it like this, but it can seem pretty redundant to some. So I started to throw together something new. Not sure how I feel about it yet, and there is some clipping to work out with SOME animations, but I'm going to put these here and ask for popular opinion on the matter. What do you guys like better, the old or the (A) new idea?

Goddess old for comparison : post-36568-0-67360700-1399322033_thumb.jpg

or Goddess new front and back : post-36568-0-77017300-1399322078_thumb.jpgpost-36568-0-09416400-1399322090_thumb.jpg

Yes I just used Tera.

A ROUGH  outline of the Goddess Journal has been penned ( and I do mean ROUGH, it is just ideas / passages etc I want to put it, joted down in no particular order ). I expect to work on her journal sometime midweek after I finish adding the crafting entries.

at my opinion so far still good the new way, its not a huge improve at visual, but its not same of angel, and i really liked, at my point of view in 90% of case we just stare at char back/ass so no big deal.

You know what, I thought the same thing actualy after I just looked over my post. I don't like it. So I did THIS in the time between these two posts :

post-36568-0-01002600-1399323952_thumb.jpg

post-36568-0-53790900-1399323964_thumb.jpg

I took the back shot to show the difference between the parts taken from Shaydow Knight and what the Goddess has ( no back spikes in this example ).

Is this better? Simple retexture with an environment map to give it more light reflection. 

I like it better tbh, and at least they are not the exact same.

You know what, I thought the same thing actualy after I just looked over my post. I don't like it. So I did THIS in the time between these two posts :

attachicon.gifGoddessNewish1.jpg

attachicon.gifGoddessNewish2.jpg

I took the back shot to show the difference between the parts taken from Shaydow Knight and what the Goddess has ( no back spikes in this example ).

Is this better? Simple retexture with an environment map to give it more light reflection. 

I like it better tbh, and at least they are not the exact same.

yeap, goes better, for me at least i prefer that way, for screenshoots with enb or at certains areas with much lights the white ones goes to bright and "hide" the char.

CAN you add a options for the tails like in the old versions and  Shaydow you will like these!

Animated Dragon Wings by Anton

I'm aware of them? But I mean what do I make them compatible with? They don't fit all the forms, I don't really see them fitting any. If you want them on a form I don't think it would be impossible for you to do.

As for the Tail, I will get to it I think. Along with skirts for the other 3. Also a necklace and ring are already included for Goddess.

Just a idea, but can you also add a Big warhammer (conjured) to a form (angel,goddess,etc), i really like cute girls with big weapons its kinda a charm, its just a opinion if cant atm or dnt wanna im ok with that.

Hi, can i drop this one here, i started to play skyrim again and tried this race out, the thing is that when i used transform ability it crashed, (i tried to transform into a knight in helgen) But it just crashed. I have been busy and now i will try to see if it was only a random crash or perhaps i did something wrong. I skipped the FOREs animation thing, but because i dont have internet all the time and geesus. I installed most things without knowing req or so. But regarding Celestials i have installed everything except for FOREs animation part.

*Sidenote*

I Tried again, and now it crashed again as i tried to transform into a knight (again angel knight) and it crashed. I got some effects like bright mist and sound but crashed not to long after that.