Shaydow's Celestials *UPDATE* 05/15/14

It's good to see you're doing better, Shaydow. This mod is easily one of the best out there, if not the best race mod.

NEW hard drive, 1TB ( though the damn thing was only 931GB, kinda ticked about that but oh well ),

That's just how it is with the technology. HDs need to "reserve" a certain percentage of space for their own operations. Similarly, hard drives (even SSDs) take a small performance hit if you don't leave around 7% of its capacity "empty".

You could imagine information transfer as moving boxes around: if there's no space between (or around) the boxes they can't be moved without destroying other boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the hard work that you've put into this mod!

In my opinion, your efforts outshine all other race mods to date.  I just dealt with cancer from last September through this January, and when I finally started feeling good enough to play video games again, your mod was the first one that I had to check on it's progress.  That celestial vampiric armor is just so sexy.  Anyways, have fun with oblivion.  I hope that someday your interest in Skyrim might be re-sparked and you'll finally decide to finish your master piece in the making.

P.S. - Fate is not against you.  That's just life helping to build patience.  :)

Thanks for the hard work that you've put into this mod!

In my opinion, your efforts outshine all other race mods to date.  I just dealt with cancer from last September through this January, and when I finally started feeling good enough to play video games again, your mod was the first one that I had to check on it's progress.  That celestial vampiric armor is just so sexy.  Anyways, have fun with oblivion.  I hope that someday your interest in Skyrim might be re-sparked and you'll finally decide to finish your master piece in the making.

P.S. - Fate is not against you.  That's just life helping to build patience.  :)

Ya I know fate isn't out to get me, that was just one of those " you ever feel like? " moments. You might be interested in knowing I have actually been able to recover some of the lost data on the failed drive, and while I once again never make any promises, some of the stuff I had been working on isn't completely lost.

thats great news, will hopefully save you time and effort not having to redo everything, looking forward to more great work.

I was able to retrieve the new TBBP body ( would be old now if everything had gone to plan like I wanted lol ), the work on arrows, the starting racial power changes, and even a good chunk of all the separate / new armor .NIFS(!) I was working on. HOWEVER, the main Celestials.esp I had was lost, the last working .esp I have is an old beta that I had given to my wife to test ( but had not released yet ). So while I managed to recover a fair amount of work, I also lost a fair amount of work :/ ( I find CK stuff more of a pain in the ass then the actual modeling / texturing. Scripting is a pain and you need to make sure it is RIGHT or well, things go to hell. Just because I CAN script, doesn't mean it's the part I like doing the most when I make mods :P ).

Also I've always enjoyed modding, Celestials isn't my first mod, let alone my first mod for Skyrim. I lost a bunch of other mods for other games I had been working on / tinkering with, and I'm trying to get caught back up with that as well as working on new Oblivion stuff as well.

Ya I'm a busy guy :P

*EDIT* To make a point : If you read a ways back through this thread you will see I had pretty much REWRITTEN the entire script for transformations from the ground up to be more streamlined and to run faster. All that work was lost :(

My sincere condolences for your loss of amazing work and for all the shit that decided to hit the fan simultaneously :(

It's a real shame when a hard drive dies, and I've had it happen enough to me to become paranoid enough to keep a weekly spare backup of all I do. All I can suggest is use cloud storage for anything important. I use a 25gb free dropbox account for all my documents, data and works I've written and that seems to have given me much peace of mind (although it's a bit useless if you don't have internet - -' )

Good luck with your future modding ;)

If it's not too much of a problem, could you post a short summary on how you made a vampire lord replacement?  I'd like to make one for the child/x117 races, along with a 'cub' werewolf replacement, but every time I poke at it I end up with this horribly obscenely tall thing.  >_<  

MediaFire has told me Celestials V5a is in Violation of the TOS. I have no idea why. It also says the old V4 I left up is against the TOS, but NOT V5, and all V5a was was a small bug fix. I'm going to have to try and find a different host when I get the chance, because MediaFire can suck it for this retarded crap.

MediaFire has told me Celestials V5a is in Violation of the TOS. I have no idea why. It also says the old V4 I left up is against the TOS, but NOT V5, and all V5a was was a small bug fix. I'm going to have to try and find a different host when I get the chance, because MediaFire can suck it for this retarded crap.

use mega, many modders have started using it and it works great so far

hey shaydow I found this new modders resource made by expired, the racemenu author, it could allow you to do some interesting things with the celestial armors.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37481/?

Sorry it took me a few days to respond. Anyway, out of all the things you listed in that mod, only ONE was something my mod doesn't already do :

"Stopping/Starting/Modifying time controllers (Think pulsing speed of an animation) "

Time controllers are something I looked at, but thought was just more then at the time I ( and in restrospect this mod ) could handle. Everything else listed on that page is already part of Celestials in one way or another.

*EDIT* Or did you mean you wanted the customization of it? If so, chances are good I will never do that. EVER.

P.S : I give my full permission however for anyone who wants to do it. Be my guest. 

Since this mod is on a hiatus :D is there another transformation mod that at least resembles this one?

Like other transformation mod?

Thanks!

Well I think someone had already linked an upload to V5a somewhere a few pages back so you might want to check there. If not maybe someone who has it can reupload it. I don't see any reason to put back up V5a when....

*In Professor Farnsworth voice* 

Good News everyone!

I actually have been messing around a bit more again with this, trying to get back to what I was at earlier before shit hit the fan. It has been very tough going however, some meshes and textures still have to be remade, all of my file paths are so fucked it is not even funny, since I had things here, there, everywhere and took what I could. None of the crafting portion of what I had done is even started on yet. I hit a bug in the new ( old but still after v5a yet not what it was before my crash ) transformation script that is causing CTD's.... 

HOWEVER, I can tell you that over the rest of this summer I will be working on what is now V6ALPHA. It may still be a week or two before I feel ready to put up a V6BETA. After that V6c will be nothing but any bug fixes.

I'm going to stress that again. When and if V6c ever sees the light of day, it will be my last release of Celestials. Period. Just a forewarning.

The mod has causes some choices of the eyes and/or eyelashes of the vanilla race to shift downward similar to http://www.loverslab.com/topic/12524-eyes-eyelash-texture-problem/. The glitch disappears after uninstalling the mod. Other than that, it works fine. Great mod!  :D

Before attachicon.gifScreenShot13.bmp|

After attachicon.gifScreenShot15.bmp

Please read the mainpage again. Your problem, what causes it, and how it can be fixed is already explained.