Eyes & Eyelash Texture Problem

Hey people - your help is needed! :)

I have received a query about a member of another forum about a Skyrim eye texture glitch. The player is getting a weird problem where, to look at, it almost seems as though the eyes & eyelashes textures are trying to place themselves too low on the face - about half the height of an eye, if that makes sense.

Here's a pic they provided:

TESV2012-12-2815-32-41-18resized_zps92880827.png

The only eye apparently not being affected is one of the blind-in-one-eye options:

TESV2012-12-2815-36-15-56resize_zpsbdc1f6e2.png

I have suggested the following:

"NOW - yep, I know what you mean when you describe what's going on with the eyes. I had the same problem appear a long while back, but I cannot for the life of me recall what it was I did to fix it (and I've done several re-installs since then). From (a very hazy & indistinct) memory, in my case it was a textures problem which appeared when I was trying to use manually installed textures (makeup, eye makeup textures & colours, eye mods, etc.) from a custom race mod - for some reason, they did not quite match with the other face textures I was trying to use at the time, almost as though it was incorrectly trying to place the eyes & lashes half-an-eye-lower-down (if that makes sense) on the face. You mention you are using a lot of eye mods, and a selection of other face mods - it may be that there is a conflict occurring, or that parts of the mixture are simply not playing nicely together. In any case, something is up - but it's probably easy enough to fix.

If I were addressing this in my own game, I would likely uninstall ALL my body & appearance mods via NMM, and delete the 'tintmasks' folder located at:

...\skyrim\Data\Textures\actors\character\character assets

Also the 'eyes' folder located at:

...\skyrim\Data\Textures\actors\character (if you're using a ton of eye mods, that's likely where most/all of the eye textures are located)

And then see if the problem still appeared in-game on what would then be pretty much a Vanilla face, and likely play around a little with eye selections in 'showracemenu' to take a look-see. The 'fov' console command can be useful here for close-ups.

Then, carefully re-install my appearance mods in the correct order for my install, thinking carefully about which ones I really wanted/used etc., and checking in-game every so often as I went to see if/when the problem re-appeared. It may seem like overkill, but it generally works & overall it's a fairly quick process, and it's something I do from time to time to address any little quirks which might appear.

HOWEVER - our respective game installs & mod selections are likely quite different, so only try that kinda process at your own risk!

Does it happen on all NPC's in the game as well - or maybe just on all females for example? Or solely on your character? "

Apparently though this has not worked - although I don't necessarily know the extent to which it was followed, or even if I am entirely correct. I have no load order to offer, sorry.

I'd really appreciate your help folks! :)

This happens if you only partially install a face mod's tri morphs or if you try to mix and match them from different mods. I suggest deleting eyesfemalechargen.tri from Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\. If the problem persists, also delete eyesfemaleleftchargen.tri and eyesfemalerightchargen.tri from Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\faceparts\.

This happens if you only partially install a face mod's tri morphs or if you try to mix and match them from different mods. I suggest deleting eyesfemalechargen.tri from Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\. If the problem persists' date=' also delete eyesfemaleleftchargen.tri and eyesfemalerightchargen.tri from Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\faceparts\.

[/quote']

Thanks for the reply BSnake! :)

Looking in my own \Skyrim game folders, I don't have that first .tri present at all. It *is* present in the unpacked meshes stored elsewhere that I use for modding (or attempting to, anyway). I am guessing that if it is present, it would be either because the player has unpacked all their .BSA's, or has at some stage applied a mod with it present - perhaps applied or uninstalled incorrectly - and the continued presence of it may be causing the glitch,

yes?

Yup, the continued presence of a tri morph in the correct folder will act as a replacer and override the vanilla .tri. It won't if it's moved to any other folder in the Skyrim installation, though. I'm guessing that the person forgot to overwrite/delete the .tri when installing/uninstalling a face mod.

Yup' date=' the continued presence of a tri morph in the correct folder will act as a replacer and override the vanilla .tri. It won't if it's moved to any other folder in the Skyrim installation, though. I'm guessing that the person forgot to overwrite/delete the .tri when installing/uninstalling a face mod.

[/quote']

Bingo. That got it sorted for them! Many thanks indeed BSnake! :)

Archived