Shaydow's Celestials *UPDATE* 05/15/14

Hey, so i have a wierd issue with animations going on, i always seem to have these problems i swear, but i have PCEA right, and all my custom races use these no problem, but i realized that NPC's had the attack animation bug associated mostly with FNIS swinging 5 times in 1 swing, and i DONT have the bug as any custom races with working animations, so you can see why this makes bandits harder to kill then deadly dragons(sigh).

So i tried fixing this issue, and all that i have ended up doing is making it so all the NPCs walk around with no animations, there attack speed glitch is gone but they are stuck in stiff mode with no animations, and i have no idea why or what i can do, deleting behavior folder or just animation folder in general causes CTD on load up of saves. also, i have skyre combat going as well, thought that might be on of the big conflictions.

Hey, so i have a wierd issue with animations going on, i always seem to have these problems i swear, but i have PCEA right, and all my custom races use these no problem, but i realized that NPC's had the attack animation bug associated mostly with FNIS swinging 5 times in 1 swing, and i DONT have the bug as any custom races with working animations, so you can see why this makes bandits harder to kill then deadly dragons(sigh).

So i tried fixing this issue, and all that i have ended up doing is making it so all the NPCs walk around with no animations, there attack speed glitch is gone but they are stuck in stiff mode with no animations, and i have no idea why or what i can do, deleting behavior folder or just animation folder in general causes CTD on load up of saves. also, i have skyre combat going as well, thought that might be on of the big conflictions.

It's actually an issue with some custom female combat animations. You find this note in the FNIS description:

• Important Note: Some custom animations may cause strange effects when used with GENDER, especially most combat animations from the Female Animation Pack, but I can't exclude other animation files and replacers. This is caused by animation duration differences between vanilla and custom, resulting in animation events being triggered in the behaviors AFTER the end of a custom animation. Most (not all) effects disappear when you install the FAP animations as downloaded (combat animations NOT in female).

So you have to make sure, those custom combat animations don't go into the female folder.

Hey Fore, Uh, thanks for the input- I do have that pack, and you are correct i had it in the open folder, but still had the problem, so i just tried deleting animations from the pac and reinstalled the animations that are packed in the PCEA male, in the main folder, because i was CTD'ing without them for some reason, i think because of skyre_combat, so now i have the full animations in the folder, and the game is loading fine- but the NPC's, all who use default animations are in stick mode and i have no clue why, while my character is fine due to pcea.

First of all I would like to say, Wow! Thanks for keeping up with this mod for so long everyone.

Do to financial issues, I have not had internet for some time now. I didn't " abandon " this mod. While I have just been able to get my connection back online, it will only last another 3 weeks or so. Also for the time being there are more important things for me to have to worry about then this mod. That is not to say this is not a good sense of pride for me, I just need to concentrate on other things for now.  

Know that I would / will someday ( someday soon one would hope ) like to once again resume work on this, I can't give anyone an accurate idea of WHEN, it would be unfair of me to even try.

Hope you all understand.

Peace,

Shay

hey Shay, is there a way to use custom bodies with this mod, I mean as a normal, i want to use my custom body mod and then use the spell to change into another body mod.

e.g I have to 2 set of femalebody_0/1, i want to use 1st femalebody_0/1 as the default body and then use the spell (with the animation to change into  2nd femalebody_0/1.

Can you help me with getting this?

And the console code to add spell doesn't work, when i type help celestial devil knight, it gives me this "unnkown variable (devil)  for parameter integar...Compile scrip not saved

Thanks for the reply, Shaydow. Really hoping things get better for you and you can come back to this mod for us. Will be watching this thread for any future updates. Good luck to you, Shaydow. Don't take an arrow to the knee if at all possible.

I would like you all to know that I decided to try and get a release out of what I was working on before everything in life went to shit ( before I lost internet / before I lose internet again ).  This will include the new BBB body, breast slider compatible ( under certain conditions ) and some balance tweaks and minor updates. 

I'm hoping to have this update out before the end of next week ( the end of March / before April ).

Peace,

Shay

hey Shay, is there a way to use custom bodies with this mod, I mean as a normal, i want to use my custom body mod and then use the spell to change into another body mod.

e.g I have to 2 set of femalebody_0/1, i want to use 1st femalebody_0/1 as the default body and then use the spell (with the animation to change into  2nd femalebody_0/1.

Can you help me with getting this?

And the console code to add spell doesn't work, when i type help celestial devil knight, it gives me this "unnkown variable (devil)  for parameter integar...Compile scrip not saved

You CAN do this, and I can help you learn how, this is not something I am going to do however. It is outside the scope of this mod. Also NOTE : that the bodies that come with the armor are PRE SET, no matter what body mod you have, when using a transformation, celestial armor, your body will be what I set it to be. This was to avoid major clipping issues ( see my note above that I am working on more customization for the celestial body and armors )

As for the console thing. Are you typing help celestial devil knight OR are you typing :

help "celestial devil knight"

anything with more then one word MUST have the " " in it or it will not work. I.E :

Help celestial devil knight

will NOT work

help "celestial devil knight"

WILL work.

Also, not EVERYTHING I made is as straight forward. To find Devil phase power the best bet is to type :

help phase

Since the power has no Knight in the title. Kinda my fault but meh, maybe you should play a Celestial to lvl 30 for the powers :P

plz Help me learn how to make my own transformation. I want to switch between 2 custom body mods. And i want the transformed body to work same the original body with all the inventory items enabled anf equipable not just the one pre equiped.

I will be grateful for any help to make me learn how to do this. Thanks..

plz Help me learn how to make my own transformation. I want to switch between 2 custom body mods. And i want the transformed body to work same the original body with all the inventory items enabled anf equipable not just the one pre equiped.

Are you able / ready to use Blender / 3DMax?

Fair warning all, CK is NOT playing nice with Celestials at the moment, and while I MAY be able to get V5b out before the end of this month once I get CK worked out, the new version will probably require Skyrim 1.9 in order to work.

Are you able / ready to use Blender / 3DMax?

3ds max but i'm below average in skills, but i'll try

Is there anyway to get my character to not walk on water? i had the mod on I turned it off first then I  uninstaled it but my character still is water walking lol, any advice it welcome

Try reading this thread here :

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/780793-water-walking/

This is not a bug with Celestials persay, but a known issue with waterwalking in general.

Well guys I need opinions...

I decided for 1 that I am holding off on V5b and just going straight for a V6 release. V6 will of course have a bunch of bug fixes and some new additions, however, I've been messing around wtih reworking how the Celestial Race works...

I'm thinking of ditching the whole transformations, and instead either making the  entire package modular OR all inclusive.  I.E:

If I make it modular you would need to have the main package installed, and then if you wanted to be a Devil Knight you would also load the Devil Knight mod, and vice versa for Angel Knight. You could not use both at the same time, but would be granted all the powers and armors of the Knight you picked from the start of the game without having to transform. 

If I make it all inclusive, then you would start the game as you do now and be granted what you get, in addition to " Celestial Knight " powers. These would be the existing powers but reworked to work together. So instead of Angel Knight Shield power, you would get Celestial Knight Shield power AND instead of Devil Knight Phase you would get Celestial Knight Phase. In regards to powers that overlap such as the mounts / lights, I would include books at character creation / mod install in your inventory that would grant you the one you wanted on reading, so you wouldn't have redundant powers clogging your menus. 

I personally am leaning more towards all inclusive, and have even balanced many of the powers in this direction already ( and for starting at level one ).  Also all armor would be craftable right from the start of the game as long as you had the required ingredients and would be interchangeable. Not only would all the parts your already familiar with from the transformations be available, but some new parts as well, taking up pretty much the entire spectrum of wearable slots. Since I'm pretty much done with the Devil Knight Armor in this regards, I can give you a list to show you what I am talking about :

1 Armor

2 Gloves

3 Arms

4 Boots

5 Legs

6 Tail

7 Circlet

8 Claws

9 Spikes

10 Stocking

11 Jewelry

12 Cloak

13 Belt

14 Skirt

15 Leg Straps

16 Arm Straps

17 Horns

18 Wrist Guards

19 Shin Guards

20 Shoulders

21 Back Armor / wings

22 Ornaments

Note that only 10 pieces come with armor values ( 5 heavy and 5 Light ), a few come with pre enchants on them ( claws, wings, spikes ), and the rest will be able to hold almost any armor enchantment you would want to put on them. 

Note that while I will begin work on the Angel Knight Armor and plan on trying to accomplish the same thing with it, the Celestial Human armor ( that will become Celestial Knight ) will stay pretty much the way it is and will not have any new additions. However all pieces will take the same slots, so if you would rather use say Celestial Knight Arms and Angel Knight Legs with Devil Knight Chest, you can.

Thoughts? It's going to take me longer to do it like this, and to re balance all the powers, plus I have to figure out a way to balance whatever I start the player with, but in the end I think it will  be a more complete and allow the player a much greater control over how they use the mod then the way it is now.

my question is will running V6 conflict with V5a? because i really like the transformation aspect of both devil and angel, but then switching over to just aesthetic/stat armor with same skill of "celestial transformation", would it be possible for that to be a third new form so both v5a and v6 would work together at the same time?

hmmm I'm torn, I do like transforming but your idea for all inclusive is intriguing. perhaps if you could include things to unlock at later levels to enhance the celestial knight like you did for the celestial unleash in V5, I enjoy having something to work for, other races you get everything at once that relates to your chosen race right from the start which is kinda of lame, which is another reason I loved V5 so much.

well I tried the fix you suggested Shaydow, no go I still have the waterwalking and I have the mod turned off so not sure what to do,I have one save that didnt have the items made so I can swim on that save but its a new game ( lol hate staring over) 

I'm really sorry about this, but again, it is not REALLY my mods fault, it is the WaterWalking ability and ALL enchants in general. Take this for an example : Have you ever had say a + to health item on, took it off and noticed somewhere down the line you STILL had the + to health? ( I have MANY times ) This is a bug with Skyrim in general, where enchantments will become permanent. There is no way to know when it will happen or with what enchant, and the fact that it happens with an enchant like waterwalk can really suck balls.

If you REALLy don't want to start from that other save you have, the best I could come up with when someone else had this happen was any time you need to swim INTO the water, open the console with the ` key and type TCL, this will allow you to "run around" in the water. When your done in the water just open console and type tcl again. It will be a pain but how often do you actually want to swim DOWN into the water?

waiting for your tips shay to make spell that can switch between 2 custom bodoes.

There is no real tip persay, the first thing you need to do in convert the armor in either blender of 3dMax for the new body you wish to use. I'm not really sure exactly what your asking for here. If you want to use the celstial armors but with a different body, they need to be converted for that body type before anything else can be done.

my question is will running V6 conflict with V5a? because i really like the transformation aspect of both devil and angel, but then switching over to just aesthetic/stat armor with same skill of "celestial transformation", would it be possible for that to be a third new form so both v5a and v6 would work together at the same time?

hmmm I'm torn, I do like transforming but your idea for all inclusive is intriguing. perhaps if you could include things to unlock at later levels to enhance the celestial knight like you did for the celestial unleash in V5, I enjoy having something to work for, other races you get everything at once that relates to your chosen race right from the start which is kinda of lame, which is another reason I loved V5 so much.

Well for one, I think I was to vague yesterday when I said right off the bat. While you will have the ability to GET the Knight armor, it will have to be crafted, and of course will require dragon bones and scales, with the special pre enchanted items also using deadra hearts. You will be able to craft it at 1 smithing, but to temper will require deadric smithing perk ( the Celestial Smithing perk is going to be removed ). To say that you would probably beat the Main Vanilla game before making say all 22 pieces of the Devil Knight Armor would be accurate, never mid the Angel Knight Armor. You would still start with the same items you do now in the same fashion. The only thing included was some new BASE racial passives I talked about a while back before my internet went down ( arrow power, shield power, heal power, and a small passive that gives a boost to either sneaking or healing depending on how much light your in ).

What I suppose I can do is keep V6 working like V5 does right now in terms of transformations and level requirements but with the inclusion of the craftable armor and racial passives etc, and then make an addon pack that would remove the Celestial Unleash power and instead add books in the players inventory that when read would grant the powers of the chosen Knight instead ( but not the armor, again that has to be obtained in game or via console ). This way those who like it like it is now can keep it that way, and those that want the armors and powers but don't want to BE a celestial but instead a different custom or vanilla race can to.

How does this sound?