On 10/7/2019 at 1:09 PM, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

It's because the game kinda gets overloaded when you are looking inside an inventory and take such a large book out of it. You have to close your inventory screen and take out the comic by just hovering your cursor over it.

You can stop the CTD by removing the 'Featured Item' keyword from the books. i,e, they then don't automatically open when you pick them up thus no 'overloading'. Still readable though.

Easiest way is to load the esp into xEdit, (i.e. FO4Edit 4.0.3).

Shift Select all the books in the left panel.

Right Click to bring up the popup menu.

Select 'Compare Selected'

In the right hand panel scroll down to keywords.

Select the first 'Featured Item' keyword in the first column.

Right Click to bring up popup menu

Select 'Remove from selected records'. That should delete all occurrences of 'Featured Item' from all the selected books. 

Exit xEdit and save. (Or save then exit - your call).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

cannot download the mod it says i tried to download it yesterday and today but to no avail.

Too many requests

Sorry, this link has been automatically turned off for now. Learn more about traffic limits.

Edit: looks ,like you fixed it never mind

• 1 month later...

Does this mod change the drop rates of the comics? They seem to be incredibly common, would rather they be rarer. 

Edit: after a couple minutes of effort,  I have learned how to check leveled lists! This mod does indeed change it to 75% chance. So after a couple hours of effort and eventually giving up on trying to edit it with creation kit (it kept removing the original comics.esp as a master and creating duplicate form ids... dunno why) I managed to fix it with Fo4edit.

Huzzah and ty for a great mod.

• 5 weeks later...

Where do I get these comics?

- Real Comics added them to the leveled list, so they will randomly spawn in certain boxes and lockers and that kind of stuff

About that, would you be willing to increase the available amount of container that the comics can appear in?

Examples: Lunch boxes, white and grey lockers, mail boxes at homes and business, long brown dressers and tool boxes.

Also I've noticed that container have different comic spawn chances.

Example: Green trash cans almost always have a comic in it 75% chance. However the tan steel containers and newspaper stands spawn VERY rarely, I'm talking like a 5% chance.

Like the mod, have a good day!

On 10/5/2020 at 3:54 AM, ChocolateThunder2110 said:

Where do I get these comics?

- Real Comics added them to the leveled list, so they will randomly spawn in certain boxes and lockers and that kind of stuff

About that, would you be willing to increase the available amount of container that the comics can appear in?

Examples: Lunch boxes, white and grey lockers, mail boxes at homes and business, long brown dressers and tool boxes.

Also I've noticed that container have different comic spawn chances.

Example: Green trash cans almost always have a comic in it 75% chance. However the tan steel containers and newspaper stands spawn VERY rarely, I'm talking like a 5% chance.

Like the mod, have a good day!

The mod already increases the number of containers it spawns in. Also faq is a bit outdated, lately the mod always overwrites the spawn chance and I think the version you have has a spawn chance of 75% for every container.

edit: Found out I added some lists to the wrong locations, I'll update it in the next version.

13 hours ago, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

The mod already increases the number of containers it spawns in. Also faq is a bit outdated, lately the mod always overwrites the spawn chance and I think the version you have has a spawn chance of 75% for every container.

edit: Found out I added some lists to the wrong locations, I'll update it in the next version.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there.

I wonder if we could get an MCM with adjustable chance to find these comics. The default one feels way too high. I'm at USAF Satellite Station Olivia, and I found 25+ in this small location.

I like to find stuff in containers, but when I find this much, it loses its fun factor. I could get thousands of caps just by selling these and I have a huge amount of spare ones. Also, when I find this much, I am less inclined to read them.

Thanks for considering.

Peace,

M

On 11/7/2020 at 11:09 PM, monsta88 said:

Hello there.

I wonder if we could get an MCM with adjustable chance to find these comics. The default one feels way too high. I'm at USAF Satellite Station Olivia, and I found 25+ in this small location.

I like to find stuff in containers, but when I find this much, it loses its fun factor. I could get thousands of caps just by selling these and I have a huge amount of spare ones. Also, when I find this much, I am less inclined to read them.

Thanks for considering.

Peace,

M

I can't script so that wont be possible, you can change how much the comics spawn by changing Chance None of LLRealComicsT in the esp using FO4Edit

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 3:21 PM, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

I can't script so that wont be possible, you can change how much the comics spawn by changing Chance None of LLRealComicsT in the esp using FO4Edit

This is way too late but this can be done without scripting.

Create a global for 'magazinesChanceNone'

Add it to Use Global in leveled item form ( NSFWComicsT or something ).

Then create a MCM menu with this template in mod folder \ MCM \ Config \ NSFW Comics \ config.json

{
    "modName": "NSFW Real Magazines",
    "displayName": "NSFW Mags",
    "minMcmVersion": 2,
    "content": [
        {
            "text": "Take your chances",
            "type": "section"
        },
        {
            "text": "ChanceNone",
            "type": "slider",
            "help": "Sets chance to <b>NOT</b> find a magazine in containers. \n If you are finding too many magazines then increase this. \n Range: [ 0 - 100 ]",
            "valueOptions": {
                "min": 0,
                "max": 100,
                "step": 1,
                "sourceType": "GlobalValue",
                "sourceForm": "NSFW Comics.esp|FORMIDOFGLOBALHERE"
            }
        }
    ]
}

Let me know if it does or doesn't work.

4 hours ago, requiredname65 said:

This is way too late but this can be done without scripting.

Create a global for 'magazinesChanceNone'

Add it to Use Global in leveled item form ( NSFWComicsT or something ).

Then create a MCM menu with this template in mod folder \ MCM \ Config \ NSFW Comics \ config.json

{
    "modName": "NSFW Real Magazines",
    "displayName": "NSFW Mags",
    "minMcmVersion": 2,
    "content": [
        {
            "text": "Take your chances",
            "type": "section"
        },
        {
            "text": "ChanceNone",
            "type": "slider",
            "help": "Sets chance to <b>NOT</b> find a magazine in containers. \n If you are finding too many magazines then increase this. \n Range: [ 0 - 100 ]",
            "valueOptions": {
                "min": 0,
                "max": 100,
                "step": 1,
                "sourceType": "GlobalValue",
                "sourceForm": "NSFW Comics.esp|FORMIDOFGLOBALHERE"
            }
        }
    ]
}

Let me know if it does or doesn't work.

Thanks! Though I sometimes have to fight against the slider it does work.

• 1 month later...

I apologize if this question is redundant but are you supposed to use the main plugin and the inhibitor together or just one or the other? The reason I ask is because using both with the inhibitor loaded after the main plugin doesn't appear to have any effect, but after looking at them in FO4Edit it seems like the Inhibitor just has the entries removed and isn't really "overwriting" anything. Is it supposed to be preventing them from spawning some other way?

9 hours ago, esmm40 said:

I apologize if this question is redundant but are you supposed to use the main plugin and the inhibitor together or just one or the other? The reason I ask is because using both with the inhibitor loaded after the main plugin doesn't appear to have any effect, but after looking at them in FO4Edit it seems like the Inhibitor just has the entries removed and isn't really "overwriting" anything. Is it supposed to be preventing them from spawning some other way?

using the inhibitor should overwrite the main mod's leveled list and cause only non-furry comics to spawn in the world.

afaik you can't pick and choose what you overwrite in leveled list, either you replace the entire leveled list or you dont. If this isnt the case I've been lied to for 2 years or something

23 minutes ago, esmm40 said:

A bashed patch does several things but essentially it helps sort out conflicts between level lists and now that I’ve thought about it I do believe it is the issue. So there may be no helping it unless I edit the main plugin.

Yea the inhibitor basicly completely relies on leveled list conflicts so I'm gonna assume the bashed patch is the problem.

Hi, I installed this mod and the prerequisites and for some reason none of the textures are showing up. The comics are renamed however it's either a blank book (just a tan piece of parchment-looking rectangle), or it's the texture from Real Comics. Any help is appreciated! let me know if you need more information.

15 minutes ago, sir.rugs said:

Hi, I installed this mod and the prerequisites and for some reason none of the textures are showing up. The comics are renamed however it's either a blank book (just a tan piece of parchment-looking rectangle), or it's the texture from Real Comics. Any help is appreciated! let me know if you need more information.

Do you have the full mod installed or only the MCM patch?