I only had the mcm patch :l good call, thanks a bunch :) 

Also, can I request some FUTA comics if you're still updating?

A hundred "thanks'" to you

27 minutes ago, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

Do you have the full mod installed or only the MCM patch?

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, RowanSkie said:

Hello! I noticed that this mod modified the DEF_INV tags, is there a reason why? Anyway, it caused some minor glitches with FallUI, and with FallUI's FO4Edit Complex Sorter, do you know how I can implement it instead of breaking my Fallout 4's Pip-Boy area?

This will only work with fallui sorting, choose another option in the installer or remove the interface directory from the mod

On 2/24/2021 at 9:11 PM, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

This will only work with fallui sorting, choose another option in the installer or remove the interface directory from the mod

I actually managed to fix things, and it's all on me. Haha. But anyway, I added your RCR Tag and your xml edits.

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 7:08 AM, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

Add the textures wherever you want and add the comic to the esp through Books and Material Swaps using FO4Edit. To edit the pages of a Book (book DESC) I use the ImportExportText script.

Or you ask me

I've gotten my textures and made the new records in FO4Edit, but I'm having trouble with the ExportImportText script. I tried both export and import, but all I get is an empty description. I have never used a script before, so you may have to really break it down to me. 

34 minutes ago, Random-reddit-furry said:

I've gotten my textures and made the new records in FO4Edit, but I'm having trouble with the ExportImportText script. I tried both export and import, but all I get is an empty description. I have never used a script before, so you may have to really break it down to me. 

To make things easy for myself I usually just copy (as a new record) the Book record of an older comic to make a new one. I export the text (apply script to the Book record) to a folder so I can edit the DESC without FO4Edit complaining about it being too long and then I import that same folder again. You only have to edit the DESC that way, you can do the rest within FO4Edit.

On 9/6/2020 at 12:57 AM, sila said:

Does this mod change the drop rates of the comics? They seem to be incredibly common, would rather they be rarer. 

Edit: after a couple minutes of effort,  I have learned how to check leveled lists! This mod does indeed change it to 75% chance. So after a couple hours of effort and eventually giving up on trying to edit it with creation kit (it kept removing the original comics.esp as a master and creating duplicate form ids... dunno why) I managed to fix it with Fo4edit.

Huzzah and ty for a great mod.

A bit of a late comment about this, but the fallout 4 ck will not allow esp as master files, the ck automatically cleans them, which ends up leaving loads of errors in the now cleaned mod, if you checked in xedit you would find a lot of null or errors where the entries for the esp master file stuff should have been.

>+ Changed default spawn chances

I hope you made them a LOT less common, because I've found dozens of copies of each and every comic in the mod in every washer, dryer, and locker in the Commonwealth.

If they're gonna be some common, maybe make them a little more worthless?  Like worth 1 cap each when selling them?

Yeah, I know I can just not take the loot, but come on.

I know it'd be hard to do, but it'd be cool if you only found, say, one of each comic.  Still random spawns, but say I find The Simpsons #7 once, and then it doesnt' spawn anymore.

13 minutes ago, snarfies said:

>+ Changed default spawn chances

I hope you made them a LOT less common, because I've found dozens of copies of each and every comic in the mod in every washer, dryer, and locker in the Commonwealth.

If they're gonna be some common, maybe make them a little more worthless?  Like worth 1 cap each when selling them?

Yeah, I know I can just not take the loot, but come on.

I know it'd be hard to do, but it'd be cool if you only found, say, one of each comic.  Still random spawns, but say I find The Simpsons #7 once, and then it doesnt' spawn anymore.

I can't really decide what comic you find, but either way you can change the spawn chances in MCM. Maybe this spawnrate change won't have effect on your game because you already had the mod, you'll have to see in the MCM options

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 10:59 PM, Varithina said:

A bit of a late comment about this, but the fallout 4 ck will not allow esp as master files, the ck automatically cleans them, which ends up leaving loads of errors in the now cleaned mod, if you checked in xedit you would find a lot of null or errors where the entries for the esp master file stuff should have been.

That really is a late comment, since it seems it uses an mcm to change drop rates now. I used fo4edit not CK to edit that though, it worked fine.

4 hours ago, sila said:

That really is a late comment, since it seems it uses an mcm to change drop rates now. I used fo4edit not CK to edit that though, it worked fine.

Yup, xedit is fine with allowing esp master files, it is just the ck that for some reason they decided not to allow it, not to sure why as you could do so in skyrim le, but not in fallout 4 and pretty sure not in skyrim se.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amazing Mod, used it for a long time. The current version seems to be broken tho. I cant open the texture archive, my archive explorer tells me: 

Error reading name table. Try different encoding.

The texture archive might be corrupted. Ingame it just loads random textures instead of the comic. Hope to see this fixed soon, keep up the good work!

5 hours ago, justfalloutguy said:

Amazing Mod, used it for a long time. The current version seems to be broken tho. I cant open the texture archive, my archive explorer tells me: 

The texture archive might be corrupted. Ingame it just loads random textures instead of the comic. Hope to see this fixed soon, keep up the good work!

For me the file works without problem, try re-downloading the mod or download the loose files version instead

• 5 weeks later...

Hey man, I tried your script, and it doesn't do anything for me. I read the readme, used the correct destination path, but nothing happened. are there any other parameters that need to be met before using the script, like image filetype, image size etc. Because this comic I want to add has close to 200 pages could that also be a factor? I really don't want to have to edit 200 pages manually so any help in getting this to work would be appreciated

On 7/24/2021 at 1:49 PM, VulgarPony said:

Hey man, I tried your script, and it doesn't do anything for me. I read the readme, used the correct destination path, but nothing happened. are there any other parameters that need to be met before using the script, like image filetype, image size etc. Because this comic I want to add has close to 200 pages could that also be a factor? I really don't want to have to edit 200 pages manually so any help in getting this to work would be appreciated

Any size and common filetype should work (I tested with webp, jpeg and png). If it opens and closes immediately that most likely because it cant handle how the images are named, then try renaming them to 001.png, 002.png etc. The given path is just for the generated .txt that you will need for FO4Edit, it doesnt influence the creation of the comic pages. When the script is done you will find the generated comic in the result folder, not at the given path.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 9:52 AM, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

Any size and common filetype should work (I tested with webp, jpeg and png). If it opens and closes immediately that most likely because it cant handle how the images are named, then try renaming them to 001.png, 002.png etc. The given path is just for the generated .txt that you will need for FO4Edit, it doesnt influence the creation of the comic pages. When the script is done you will find the generated comic in the result folder, not at the given path.

ahh ok thx

• 1 month later...

I used your script, it found the pages and asked about the path of the comic, I gave it a path "comics/Me/001", and when it asked from which page to start with, I left it blank because it said I could. I'm assuming that if you leave it blank then it will start from the first page, am I right?

I pressed enter after that, and a new folder was made in the tool above the source folder, a 'result' folder. The result folder is empty, didn't find any DESC file that the instructions said would be made.

3 hours ago, Random-reddit-furry said:

I used your script, it found the pages and asked about the path of the comic, I gave it a path "comics/Me/001", and when it asked from which page to start with, I left it blank because it said I could. I'm assuming that if you leave it blank then it will start from the first page, am I right?

I pressed enter after that, and a new folder was made in the tool above the source folder, a 'result' folder. The result folder is empty, didn't find any DESC file that the instructions said would be made.

The script is supposed to end like this:

image.png.3f85a9869914b9026dfeba14db0d6ff6.png

If it doesn't and the window closes, it means it crashed. Make sure you're executing the exe in the same folder as the "comic" folder, back.dds and cover_d.dds

The path and pagenumber do not influence the creation of the comic at all, they are just used in the generation of the DESC txt.

Edited by TheDestroyerOfWorlds
2 hours ago, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

The script is supposed to end like this:

image.png.3f85a9869914b9026dfeba14db0d6ff6.png

If it doesn't and the window closes, it means it crashed. Make sure you're executing the exe in the same folder as the "comic" folder, back.dds and cover_d.dds

The path and pagenumber do not influence the creation of the comic at all, they are just used in the generation of the DESC txt.

The script crashes after the give the number page to start with.

Is installing Python, ImageMagick, and Python Wand a must have to use this?

8 hours ago, Random-reddit-furry said:

The script crashes after the give the number page to start with.

Is installing Python, ImageMagick, and Python Wand a must have to use this?

Python and Python Wand should only be required if you use the .py, if you use the .exe then it shouldn't require anything, you can try executing the exe in cmd (by just typing the name of it in the command line) to see what the error says.

10 hours ago, TheDestroyerOfWorlds said:

Python and Python Wand should only be required if you use the .py, if you use the .exe then it shouldn't require anything, you can try executing the exe in cmd (by just typing the name of it in the command line) to see what the error says.

I'll try to stick with the non-Python route, as I have no idea how to use those.

I tried doing the script in command prompt, this is what it said.

image.png.0908510edeee5e6ce0e234d7d0342b47.png