On 2/3/2023 at 8:26 PM, jllllll said:

I don't think they change the fertility stat. The Biotech pregnancy code checks for the tag associated with the IUD, 'ReversibleSterilized', and prevents pregnancy when it is found. The RJW pregnancy code I think just checks for the hediff itself.

Seems you're right. I installed IUDs, and no more pregnancies since. I was confused because the last time I played, 3 years ago, I recall they did remove fertility.

Edited by SexPlz

It looks like the problem with the hyper active pawns was due to enabling bestiality.  Pawns finding another pawn for sex seems to be related to two things.  1.  Low sex need, where they'll either masturbate or grab a compatible/willing partner; or at night while sleeping with a lover/spouse they'll do it regardless of their need level.  This was all fine and working as expected, but enabling bestiality, it seems there are zero checks whatsoever for pawns wanting to bang animals.  They just randomly decide to do it, it is always set to priority one, they always drag the animal through the entire base to their bed, they usually get knotted for hours as well, and they'll drop whatever they're doing to go do it and often do it multiple times a day.  So just need to have bestiality disabled and everything works fine.

If the mod is still being worked on, and if there are people working on it who dip into that content I would much appreciate the bestiality stuff being fixed, having it linked to need decay, maybe only able to be done during recreation schedule, and a preference to do it in the barn, not drag a herd of animals into the base all over the carpet.

Edited by simplydivine
4 hours ago, simplydivine said:

It looks like the problem with the hyper active pawns was due to enabling bestiality.  Pawns finding another pawn for sex seems to be related to two things.  1.  Low sex need, where they'll either masturbate or grab a compatible/willing partner; or at night while sleeping with a lover/spouse they'll do it regardless of their need level.  This was all fine and working as expected, but enabling bestiality, it seems there are zero checks whatsoever for pawns wanting to bang animals.  They just randomly decide to do it, it is always set to priority one, they always drag the animal through the entire base to their bed, they usually get knotted for hours as well, and they'll drop whatever they're doing to go do it and often do it multiple times a day.  So just need to have bestiality disabled and everything works fine.

If the mod is still being worked on, and if there are people working on it who dip into that content I would much appreciate the bestiality stuff being fixed, having it linked to need decay, maybe only able to be done during recreation schedule, and a preference to do it in the barn, not drag a herd of animals into the base all over the carpet.

Are you certain that you don't have sexperience ideology addon? Because that is exactly what the encouraging bestiality precept from that mod does.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:38 PM, CountSilvershroud said:

I'm pretty new to RJW, but last time I used it my pawns sex need was working about how I expected.  For some reason now though, every colony I load or make has at least one pawn who's sex need decays at only a couple percent per day while the rest of them decay normally.  Any ideas what might be causing this?  Or is there some way to modify a specific pawn's need decay rate to adjust this?

Select a pawn, click the 'i' icon to open the pawn's Information window, scroll down to the Social section, and hover over the 'Sex drive' line to see what's affecting how fast the sex need drops.

Anyone know why Bit Defender is suddenly tweaking out about accessing the RJW mod on gitgud.io?  Haven't really touched this in few months while Biotech DLC issues get ironed out, went back to check and suddenly Bit Defender is losing its mind... but when I go to the mod from Ed86's normal page, doesn't seem to mind anymore.

Edit:  Forgot to add, but I'm lazy and don't directly save the URL, just get it from Google.  So maybe Google isn't going to the right URL... I dunno, but when Bit Defender starts bitching, I have to investigate...

Edited by ghostfalll
1 hour ago, ghostfalll said:

Anyone know why Bit Defender is suddenly tweaking out about accessing the RJW mod on gitgud.io?  Haven't really touched this in few months while Biotech DLC issues get ironed out, went back to check and suddenly Bit Defender is losing its mind... but when I go to the mod from Ed86's normal page, doesn't seem to mind anymore.

Edit:  Forgot to add, but I'm lazy and don't directly save the URL, just get it from Google.  So maybe Google isn't going to the right URL... I dunno, but when Bit Defender starts bitching, I have to investigate...

probably a false positive

if you want the correct gitgud link, all you have to do is go to the first page of this thread and click the link, easier than googling in my opinion seeing as we come back here to check for updates anyways

So I've been trying to run an insect farm with tamed megaspiders and noticed that's pretty much impossible, after an in-game year I've got only one fertilized egg. I decided to test things with debug on and apparently only eggs with Gestation Progress < 50% can be fertilized. Meanwhile female insects don't seem to implant eggs until their egg's Gestation stat gets close to 50%, so fertilization window is one-two hours at best. If we also have a single incubator pawn stuck with unfertilizeable egg, then female insects will wait until she's free while their eggs expire and the cycle continues...

I don't know if devs are interested, but I have a suggestion - either remove this 50% condition or reset Gestation progress on implantation.

Edited by Ezengrane
18 hours ago, Mein Furrer said:

Hey! Having the no animation issue. When I tell my pawns to have sex they just stand and don't do anything, banging animals don't work neither, only masturbation has the animation.
https://gist.github.com/11b6b563f756272d529f7586e4b139ce

You are using the latest version of Humanoid Alien Races which introduced many incompatibilities with a lot of mods, including RJW and it's add-ons. You can download an older version of HAR here: https://github.com/erdelf/AlienRaces/archive/f88cf9180516d6477de41d6ad24851ada61a81cc.zip

Latest RimJobWorld (zip date: 23 of January, 2023) causes script issues. Yesterday I downloaded the same mod it worked perfectly with animations and custom body types. Today when I downloaded this mod again to see what's new, I was welcomed with an error log screen about some pregnancy and "pawn2".

Load Order:

Harmony

CoreRoyalty

IdeologyBiotech

Hugslib

Human Alien Races (the version I had, it worked fine) <- game loads nicely up to this point

==========This is where the problems start=================

RimJobWorld (zip date: 23 of January, 2023, from loverslab download)

Log screen shows:

[RJW] Error when patching PregnancyUtility.CanEverProduceChild: Could not find assignment to local variable pawn2
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
rjw.ModLog:Error (string)
rjw.PregnancyUtility_CanEverProduceChild/<SkipGenderCheckAndMakeSterilityCheckNotSexist>d__2:MoveNext ()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1<HarmonyLib.CodeInstruction>:.ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<HarmonyLib.CodeInstruction>)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList<HarmonyLib.CodeInstruction> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<HarmonyLib.CodeInstruction>)
HarmonyLib.CodeTranspiler:GetResult (System.Reflection.Emit.ILGenerator,System.Reflection.MethodBase)
HarmonyLib.MethodBodyReader:FinalizeILCodes (HarmonyLib.Emitter,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Reflection.MethodInfo>,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Reflection.Emit.Label>,bool&)
HarmonyLib.MethodCopier:Finalize (HarmonyLib.Emitter,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Reflection.Emit.Label>,bool&)
HarmonyLib.MethodPatcher:CreateReplacement (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<int, HarmonyLib.CodeInstruction>&)
HarmonyLib.PatchFunctions:UpdateWrapper (System.Reflection.MethodBase,HarmonyLib.PatchInfo)
HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor:ProcessPatchJob (HarmonyLib.PatchJobs`1/Job<System.Reflection.MethodInfo>)
HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor:PatchWithAttributes (System.Reflection.MethodBase&)
HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor:Patch ()
HarmonyLib.Harmony:<PatchAll>b__10_0 (System.Type)
HarmonyLib.CollectionExtensions:Do<System.Type> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Type>,System.Action`1<System.Type>)
HarmonyLib.Harmony:PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly)
rjw.First:.cctor ()
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (System.RuntimeTypeHandle)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:CallAll ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader/<>c:<DoPlayLoad>b__4_5 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate (bool&)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1 (Verse.Root)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update ()

Then this from Hugslib:

[UnlimitedHugs.HugsLib] Patches on methods annotated as Obsolete were detected by HugsLib: Verse.Game.DeinitAndRemoveMap
Verse.Log:Warning (string)
HugsLib.Utils.HarmonyUtility:LogObsoleteMethodPatchErrors ()
HugsLib.Utils.HarmonyUtility:LogHarmonyPatchIssueErrors ()

Can anyone provide me the version before this one?

Update: So, after deleting my save game and mod settings from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios

and attempting to re- enable all mods, the error mysteriously disappeared.

It seems that I was playing with debug settings, that were auto saved during my game and it broke everything. I tried to somehow remove "sterilized" from a Nymph, but the Dev Settings only allow me to add additional headiffs so I added fertile to various body parts and exited without saving. After I overwritten the RJW folder with the new files and tried reactivating the mods, I got the error above.

Btw. since I mentioned it. Is there any way to remove "sterilized" from the "whole body"?

Edited by Grojcig
4 hours ago, Grojcig said:
Spoiler

Latest RimJobWorld (zip date: 23 of January, 2023) causes script issues. Yesterday I downloaded the same mod it worked perfectly with animations and custom body types. Today when I downloaded this mod again to see what's new, I was welcomed with an error log screen about some pregnancy and "pawn2".

Load Order:

Harmony

CoreRoyalty

IdeologyBiotech

Hugslib

Human Alien Races (the version I had, it worked fine) <- game loads nicely up to this point

==========This is where the problems start=================

RimJobWorld (zip date: 23 of January, 2023, from loverslab download)

Log screen shows:

[RJW] Error when patching PregnancyUtility.CanEverProduceChild: Could not find assignment to local variable pawn2
rjw.ModLog:Error (string)
rjw.PregnancyUtility_CanEverProduceChild/<SkipGenderCheckAndMakeSterilityCheckNotSexist>d__2:MoveNext ()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1<HarmonyLib.CodeInstruction>:.ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<HarmonyLib.CodeInstruction>)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList<HarmonyLib.CodeInstruction> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<HarmonyLib.CodeInstruction>)
HarmonyLib.CodeTranspiler:GetResult (System.Reflection.Emit.ILGenerator,System.Reflection.MethodBase)
HarmonyLib.MethodBodyReader:FinalizeILCodes (HarmonyLib.Emitter,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Reflection.MethodInfo>,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Reflection.Emit.Label>,bool&)
HarmonyLib.MethodCopier:Finalize (HarmonyLib.Emitter,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Reflection.Emit.Label>,bool&)
HarmonyLib.MethodPatcher:CreateReplacement (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<int, HarmonyLib.CodeInstruction>&)
HarmonyLib.PatchFunctions:UpdateWrapper (System.Reflection.MethodBase,HarmonyLib.PatchInfo)
HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor:ProcessPatchJob (HarmonyLib.PatchJobs`1/Job<System.Reflection.MethodInfo>)
HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor:PatchWithAttributes (System.Reflection.MethodBase&)
HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor:Patch ()
HarmonyLib.Harmony:<PatchAll>b__10_0 (System.Type)
HarmonyLib.CollectionExtensions:Do<System.Type> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Type>,System.Action`1<System.Type>)
HarmonyLib.Harmony:PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly)
rjw.First:.cctor ()
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (System.RuntimeTypeHandle)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:CallAll ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader/<>c:<DoPlayLoad>b__4_5 ()

Then this from Hugslib:

[UnlimitedHugs.HugsLib] Patches on methods annotated as Obsolete were detected by HugsLib: Verse.Game.DeinitAndRemoveMap
Verse.Log:Warning (string)
HugsLib.Utils.HarmonyUtility:LogObsoleteMethodPatchErrors ()
HugsLib.Utils.HarmonyUtility:LogHarmonyPatchIssueErrors ()

Can anyone provide me the version before this one?

Update: So, after deleting my save game and mod settings from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios

and attempting to re- enable all mods, the error mysteriously disappeared.

It seems that I was playing with debug settings, that were auto saved during my game and it broke everything. I tried to somehow remove "sterilized" from a Nymph, but the Dev Settings only allow me to add additional headiffs so I added fertile to various body parts and exited without saving. After I overwritten the RJW folder with the new files and tried reactivating the mods, I got the error above.

Btw. since I mentioned it. Is there any way to remove "sterilized" from the "whole body"?

That error is caused by using the latest versions of Humanoid Alien Races. I linked to a working previous version in the reply above yours. Also, Character Editor can be used to remove hediffs like that one.

Edited by jllllll
3 hours ago, Kopamees said:

How do I know that the mod is actually working, because I have the left button but not the right. Idk if its a super common question or not (followed load order).

54601ae0f3467dafd4d07c6fcbacf034.png

that star symbol is Hero mode, basically turning the pawn into the main character of your story, this feature must be enabled in the settings for the button to show up

16 hours ago, SingleForLife said:

that star symbol is Hero mode, basically turning the pawn into the main character of your story, this feature must be enabled in the settings for the button to show up

Okay, but when i turn my hero mode on that still wont pop up, aswell when i tried to remove hero mode it wont allow me (havent pressed ironman mode)

image.png.030adb5af34ddcde5ba3c5f709a75fb1.pngimage.png.4c1d71df19bc78068f577899aad8314e.pngimage.png.f514bb41b9e9304e8b2081568ecd849f.png

Edited by Kopamees
On 2/17/2023 at 2:36 AM, jllllll said:

That error is caused by using the latest versions of Humanoid Alien Races. I linked to a working previous version in the reply above yours. Also, Character Editor can be used to remove hediffs like that one.

I hate to say this, but I don't think the mod you posted solves the problem. After applying it the correct way (remove old files and copy new ones instead of overwriting), I ended up with huge run-time errors in the debug log:

Exception drawing Horse183988: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'AlienRace.AlienPartGenerator/BodyAddon.defaultOffsets' not found.
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.DrawAddons_Patch1(Verse.PawnRenderFlags,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,UnityEngine.Quaternion,Verse.Rot4)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal_Patch4(Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,single,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,Verse.PawnRenderFlags)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt_Patch0(Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,System.Nullable`1<Verse.Rot4>,bool)
  at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3 loc) [0x00000] in <3f18ad3e53b3425f9e38babcac471e1f>:0 
  at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3 drawLoc, System.Boolean flip) [0x00006] in <3f18ad3e53b3425f9e38babcac471e1f>:0 
  at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00015] in <3f18ad3e53b3425f9e38babcac471e1f>:0 
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x0000e] in <3f18ad3e53b3425f9e38babcac471e1f>:0 
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x000d8] in <3f18ad3e53b3425f9e38babcac471e1f>:0 
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings ()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate ()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay ()
Verse.Root_Play:Update ()

Exception drawing Donkey207043: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'AlienRace.AlienPartGenerator/BodyAddon.defaultOffsets' not found.
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.DrawAddons_Patch1(Verse.PawnRenderFlags,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,UnityEngine.Quaternion,Verse.Rot4)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal_Patch4(Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,single,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,Verse.PawnRenderFlags)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt_Patch0(Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,System.Nullable`1<Verse.Rot4>,bool)
  at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3 loc) [0x00000] in <3f18ad3e53b3425f9e38babcac471e1f>:0 
  at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3 drawLoc, System.Boolean flip) [0x00006] in <3f18ad3e53b3425f9e38babcac471e1f>:0 
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x0000e] in <3f18ad3e53b3425f9e38babcac471e1f>:0 
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x000d8] in <3f18ad3e53b3425f9e38babcac471e1f>:0 

Exception drawing Horse223322: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'AlienRace.AlienPartGenerator/BodyAddon.defaultOffsets' not found.

Exception drawing Horse232934: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'AlienRace.AlienPartGenerator/BodyAddon.defaultOffsets' not found.

Exception drawing Horse125989: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'AlienRace.AlienPartGenerator/BodyAddon.defaultOffsets' not found.

Exception drawing Horse236441: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'AlienRace.AlienPartGenerator/BodyAddon.defaultOffsets' not found.

Exception drawing Muffalo244898: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'AlienRace.AlienPartGenerator/BodyAddon.defaultOffsets' not found.
    3201 lines to go...

It does fix this though:

but at the price of glitches... and reoccurring entries (such as the one presented in the first code block of this post) into the debug logs :(

I added back the newer version with the only one one RJW bug (see above). I guess it causes females not to get pregnant from animals:

Could not reserve Thing_Horse223322 (layer: null) for Horse125989 for job GettinLoved (Job_3628553) A=Thing_Horse223322 (now doing job GettinLoved (Job_3628553) A=Thing_Horse223322(curToil=0)) for maxPawns 1 and stackCount 0. Existing reserver: Irma doing job Bestiality (Job_3628503) A=Thing_Horse223322 (toilIndex=1)
Verse.AI.ReservationManager:LogCouldNotReserveError (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.Job,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,int,int,Verse.ReservationLayerDef)
Verse.AI.ReservationManager:Reserve (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.Job,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,int,int,Verse.ReservationLayerDef,bool)
Verse.AI.ReservationUtility:Reserve (Verse.Pawn,Verse.LocalTargetInfo,Verse.AI.Job,int,int,Verse.ReservationLayerDef,bool)
Verse.AI.Toils_Reserve/<>c__DisplayClass1_0:<Reserve>b__0 ()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil ()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil ()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob (Verse.AI.Job,Verse.AI.JobCondition,Verse.AI.ThinkNode,bool,bool,Verse.ThinkTreeDef,System.Nullable`1<Verse.AI.JobTag>,bool,bool,System.Nullable`1<bool>,bool,bool)
rjw.JobDriver_Mating/<>c__DisplayClass1_0:<MakeNewToils>b__3 ()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil ()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil ()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived ()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived ()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell ()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick ()
Verse.Pawn:Tick ()
Verse.TickList:Tick ()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick ()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate ()

I also saw a problem where hyper fertilization and aphrodisiac drugs could not be moved with other medicine into a separate storage. When I order a pawn to go grab and haul it somewhere, it tells me in brackets that there are no viable locations to haul these items into.

Update: My bad! I actually figured it out, I had fresh set to No (X). I added the check mark next to it and I now I could haul humpshroom and aphrodisiac., contraceptive, etc. What a great game btw. I only discovered it this week and I'm knee deep in it.

Also, one thing I would change is to add the ability to add the same functionality for herm/futa + female couples as the one already present for male+female couples (try for a kid, avoid pregnancy if possible, normal)

Anyway this needs more investigation from someone who does modding.

Edited by Grojcig
3 hours ago, Grojcig said:

I hate to say thins, but I don't think the mod you posted solves the problem. After applying it the correct way (remove old files and copy new ones instead of overwriting), I ended up with huge run-time errors in the debug log

You can go through the commits on the HAR GitHub to find a version that works for you. It just needs to be before the Feb 1 updates. When switching mod versions like that, I usually have to go through and delete config files as Rimworld seems to cache mods to some unknown extent. Phantom errors tend to occur in my game if I don't.

12 hours ago, jllllll said:

You can go through the commits on the HAR GitHub to find a version that works for you. It just needs to be before the Feb 1 updates. When switching mod versions like that, I usually have to go through and delete config files as Rimworld seems to cache mods to some unknown extent. Phantom errors tend to occur in my game if I don't.

Is there any chance I could get a link to the github project? I only got one older project Alien Races but I couldn't find Humanoid Alien Races mod that is more recent. The last release was back in 2020.

Update: Nevermind, this is indeed the correct project. The developer stopped creating releases for github and moved to Steam Workshop. I guess I just need to figure out how to download old commits.

Update2: Ok, I skimmed through the commit logs and some of the code, I'm still not sure why these are incompatible, I would need to spend more time on understanding what is going on here. But I see a ton of changes between 1st of Feb. and the 15th of Dec. I will try the one from December. We already know that the January commit didn't work.

Update3: I tried various versions ranging from Nov. up to the latest version in Feb. Strangely, the ones that somewhat worked (but with the same pawn2 error) are the latest updates. Everything before that causes runtime draw errors, like the ones I posted in my long post.

Can you please tell me which version are you using?

From what I can gather, this is a bug in the RimJobWorld mod. The debug logs point straight there. One of these days, I'm going to go through a tutorial on how to mod RimWorld. My C# knowledge is pretty outdated though. It dates back to C# 3.0.

Edited by Grojcig
8 hours ago, Grojcig said:

I tried various versions ranging from Nov. up to the latest version in Feb. Strangely, the ones that somewhat worked (but with the same pawn2 error) are the latest updates. Everything before that causes runtime draw errors, like the ones I posted in my long post.

Can you please tell me which version are you using?

I'm using the version that I linked before. This is a problem on your end. I don't have those errors in my 600+ mod list, and I don't have them when loading the mod on it's own. Are you installing the mod correctly? Are you using any mods that you did not list previously? Verify your game files. I've had random issues with the game's files before.