[mod] [CK2] House Irae - Updated 24SEP21

[CK2] House Irae - Updated 24SEP21

House Irae

Version 2.7.3

House Irae brings the world of the dark elves to CK2. Conquer the world as the Matriarchal Lolth religion or the Patriarchal Vhaeraun religion, or just enjoy equality with the Eilistraee religion.

Features

• Added the offmap empire, House Irae, to buy and trade from.
  • Added a gamerule to allow the spawning of a certain long-lost family member of House Irae to make a violent reappearance in the world.
  • 52 new portraits, 26 for each gender. One portrait for children. Dynamic portraits for all dark elves, static portraits for half-elves.
  • Added new retinues and feudal/tribal buildings for dark elves.
  • New minor titles.
  • Added a gamerule to start as a dark elf with or without the new religions.
  • Religious events for all three religions.
  • A book of lore (decision) that gives the player more in-depth detail of the lore behind the mod.

Discord!

Requirements:

CK2 3.1+

Holy Fury is suggested, but not required.

Bigger Interface mod is suggested, but not required.

Installation:

Download the file

Unzip into your My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/ folder. Windows' built in zip extractor is garbage and will not work. Use 7zip instead.

Mark the House Irae checkbox in the launcher

If upgrading from 1.4 or 1.4.1, delete the /HouseIrae/ folder BEFORE unzipping the file.

If a file says "hotfix" in it, you will need to download and install the previous version first.

Troubleshooting:

If you find yourself running into major problems, perform the following:

1. Be absolutely sure you have the most up-to-date version of Crusader Kings II on Steam.

2. Delete the House Irae folder in your /My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings 2/mod/ folder.

3. Unzip the latest version to that same directory.

4. Uncheck ALL mods in the launcher except for House Irae.

5. Restart the game.

If the problem no longer persists, then it was either an old version you were using, or there was a conflict with another mod. All versions of House Irae are tested for blank events and crashes, and if these are happening to you but not to me, then there is a problem on your end. For quicker troubleshooting, join the discord via the link above and post your problem in the #house_irae channel. Do NOT post problems in #general, I have that channel on mute and there's a good chance I won't see it when I'm modding or when I wake up from sleeping.

Compatibility:

Luxuria Fantasia: Full compatibility.

FAQ:

Wait, didn't I see this somewhere before? 

Yes, yes you did. Dark World Tweaks (my other mod), had this included. I have now separated the two in case players wanted one or the other.

I chose the Dark Elf Start campaign but I cant pick Vhaeraun as my god! 

Males can't choose Lolth as their starting goddess, females cant choose Vhaeraun. You are going to have to use the in-game force convert mechanics if you want those religions but aren't the right gender.

Offmap Empires cluttering up the minimap?

Click here!

Credits:

ngppgn - For providing LL with the Bigger Events mod. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/74137-bigger-events/

elQuanto - For providing the portrait files and event picture for the half elves

lonelyneet - For providing the Mandarin Chinese translation

Help Support Me

Have some pocket change lying around? Why not toss me a dollar over on SubscribeStar?

6 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

It may be too much to ask (crossing genre's and such) but will Drizzit or Malice (if we can set this before Drizzit's birth) or House Baenre (sp?) make an appearance as well?   This looks like a very fun mod, that I will have to check out.

Considering this doesn't take place in Toril, the only Forgotten Realms canon characters I've included are the gods, and even then they aren't that canon (FR Vhaeraun is much more about equality than Eilistraee)

1 minute ago, R0nin78 said:

Just FYI, anyone looking to use this without DWR needs to get the bigger events mod, otherwise event windows are standard, and text runs all over the place.

I only just noticed that. I'm including it into my mod so Bigger Events wont be required

Uploaded 1.2

Removed the new icons and used the default Pagan/Pagan Heresy icons for the Seldarine, to make the mod ever so slightly more compatible with other mods that use custom religion icons (e.g. HIP).

Removed the /portrait_properties/ folder to make it more compatible with other mods that use that folder.

You WILL need to delete the folder and do a fresh install. From testing, this update will not affect saved games.

Patch notes for CK2 are up! Of specific interest to this mod include:

- Women can now take consorts. Be aware that this may in some cases break your existing script
- "add_consort" will now cause the person scoped to to be the senior party, rather than the woman. Same goes when adding one in history. "remove_consort" will still work on either party. The scopes remain the same, and will work regardless of who is the senior party
- The trigger "is_senior_consort_party" has been added, which simply checks that the character has consorts rather than being someone's consort. Example: "is_senior_consort_party = yes"
- is_consort now checks that you're the junior party, rather than female and having a consort
- num_of_consorts now returns 0 for the junior party
- title_male_consort also needs to exist in minor titles
- A religion can be defined to allow women to take consorts using "women_can_take_consorts = yes" in the religion definition, or be enabled for the religion by event/similar using the new effect "set_women_can_take_consorts = yes". It can also be set in government definitions (but not dynamically) in the same manner.
- Also added is "men_can_take_consorts" in religion and government definitions (defaults to yes), and a "set_men_can_take_consorts" effect for religions. If a religion/government's max consorts is 0, men/women_can_take_consorts has no effect
- Society ranks can now also define max_consorts, men_can_take_consorts, and women_can_take_consorts. Works as with religion and governments. You'll need to put a description of the effect in the rank manually, using the "powers" section or the "custom_tooltip" key

Uploaded 1.5, to add in some CK2 3.0 changes.

Two things to note:

1. This is NOT savegame compatible. Please start a fresh run.

2. Delete your /HouseIrae/ folder entirely before updating. Some files, particularly the succession_laws.txt, are no longer necessary.

3. The old compatibility patch for Beyond Heresy and Lesbocracy is NOT needed (praise be to 3.0!).

EDIT: Also, small change I forgot to add into the changelog: You no longer get status of women for free if you take Eilistraee or Lolth religions