Just wanted to say I love your mods and tweaks. Everytime I find something I don't like in a mod, I usually change it, up to scripting which I don't have any experience in. Then I find that you have added some of the functionality I wanted and fixed the things I didn't like, so thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 10:25 PM, Monoman1 said:

You must have missed the upgrade instructions. I had assumed everyone had updated by now. 

Try this:

Load your save and disable the mod.

Exit the game. install the update.

Load your save. Redetect sets in the Mcm.

Enable the mod. Go.

But you see, my problem is that the MCM menu is blank. And I have the blue skin if I uninstall the mod.

2 hours ago, wuye00000 said:

But you see, my problem is that the MCM menu is blank. And I have the blue skin if I uninstall the mod.

Ahh. Not sure if you're serious as that post is > 2 years old but if the mcm is blank on a new game its probably some problem with scripts being overwritten by mods that include some change to BIS bundled in with their mod scripts. 

11 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Ahh. Not sure if you're serious as that post is > 2 years old but if the mcm is blank on a new game its probably some problem with scripts being overwritten by mods that include some change to BIS bundled in with their mod scripts. 

just reinstalled your mod in my save. function and mcm have been restored. I believe it is not over written by anything else, but will check. 

With the Amputator tweak, Would it be possible to add an mcm item to disable "Forbidding"? every time my character loses her arms this text box pops up that says "forbidding" it then stops combat and prevents mobs from attacking.  I would like to have the option for combat to continue and mobs to not suddenly treat my character as friendly.  

1 hour ago, Ikare said:

With the Amputator tweak, Would it be possible to add an mcm item to disable "Forbidding"? every time my character loses her arms this text box pops up that says "forbidding" it then stops combat and prevents mobs from attacking.  I would like to have the option for combat to continue and mobs to not suddenly treat my character as friendly.  

I think that's from SLS. sure you're up to date?

Its SLS rhat handles the actualization of of amp effects - equipping/combat. Amp handles the node management and crawling. 

7 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Could you add mcm options to Bathing in Skyrim, Barefoot Realism, and SexLab Cum Overlays to manually set what overlay slots are used? This would allow them to be compatible with my mod Corruption, which also uses a lot of overlays for the transformations.

I'm all for compatibility but surely setting overlay slots manually is a minefield waiting to happen? What about all the mods that are no longer maintained that just find any empty slot? 

There's also trauma in SLS which also uses a lot of slots. 1 per bruise/cut with max 26 slots for the body if settings are set aggressively. It's not very practical to be setting slots for each. It'd also be tricky as textures can be added/removed from the trauma folder and included in the system dynamically - increasing/decreasing the max. And then you have rape tats....

I realize your mod uses a lot of overlay slots so perhaps speed is a concern? You could always find an empty slot on initial transformation and then save it as a storageutil variable to find it more quickly later. 

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I'm all for compatibility but surely setting overlay slots manually is a minefield waiting to happen? What about all the mods that are no longer maintained that just find any empty slot? 

There's also trauma in SLS which also uses a lot of slots. 1 per bruise/cut with max 26 slots for the body if settings are set aggressively. It's not very practical to be setting slots for each. It'd also be tricky as textures can be added/removed from the trauma folder and included in the system dynamically - increasing/decreasing the max. And then you have rape tats....

I realize your mod uses a lot of overlay slots so perhaps speed is a concern? You could always find an empty slot on initial transformation and then save it as a storageutil variable to find it more quickly later. 

For my mod, I had to set them manually to determine which transformations overwrite the rest. Also, since there can be around 10 different transformations happening at once, starting at different times, picking the first empty slot, among all the other mods picking the first empty slot, will cause some odd overlays anyway. The only way to make this mod compatible with the other overlay mods is to manually set slots, so all the bruises, tats, and dirt overlays from other mods won't be overwritten by a bunch of fur or scales.

For mods with a lot of different overlays, like SLS and rape tats, a minimum slot could work, just to ensure they're applied after transformations.

52 minutes ago, KLongad Sirtup said:

@Monoman1 Do you think you could please do a modder's info post or blog article about the Immersive Fashion Tweak? Detailing how to use the changes you have made as a modder. Especially the properties you created and exposed as well as the values which can be exposed and any new modevents created.

I can't do much right now but if you check ypsPiercingTicker. I think I added everything to the bottom of the script. There should be comments. 

7 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

For my mod, I had to set them manually to determine which transformations overwrite the rest. Also, since there can be around 10 different transformations happening at once, starting at different times, picking the first empty slot, among all the other mods picking the first empty slot, will cause some odd overlays anyway. The only way to make this mod compatible with the other overlay mods is to manually set slots, so all the bruises, tats, and dirt overlays from other mods won't be overwritten by a bunch of fur or scales.

For mods with a lot of different overlays, like SLS and rape tats, a minimum slot could work, just to ensure they're applied after transformations.

Are you sure there's no other way? You're going to be fighting every overlay mod ever made.... 

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Are you sure there's no other way? You're going to be fighting every overlay mod ever made.... 

I would also be fighting every other overlay mod ever made if I just use the first empty slot. Because the transformation skin textures would often completely overwrite all the other overlays.

I suppose one other way to go about this would be to reserve empty slots for all the transformations as soon as the game starts, but that's not guaranteed to work if the mod's installed mid-game.

23 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Because the transformation skin textures would often completely overwrite all the other overlays.

So the transformations need to be applied at low slot numbers because subsequent overlays are applied over the previous overlays? 

Interesting. I never knew this. But I guess it makes sense now that I think about it. 

What I will say is that (I think) most of my overlay mods begin their search for an empty slot at the bottom of the overlay list (slot max) and search in reverse. Initially I did it this way as I figured the bottom slots are more likely to be empty which should decrease search time. Should at least decrease your conflicts if the number of slots is high enough. 

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

What I will say is that (I think) most of my overlay mods begin their search for an empty slot at the bottom of the overlay list (slot max) and search in reverse. Initially I did it this way as I figured the bottom slots are more likely to be empty which should decrease search time. Should at least decrease your conflicts if the number of slots is high enough. 

That's good to know. To be honest, I didn't even think of that as a solution. I'll have to double check that's how those mods are working, but if it is, then I think they would be as compatible with my mod as they could be.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Monoman, any chance you would be willing to do dumb down Barefoot Realism to only apply dirt over time spent barefoot, and the stagger and sound like SL Survival?

Barefoot Realism gets all backed up on itself after awhile, removing it cleaning the save and starting over seems to help it recover, but its so script heavy.

I wonder if it would even be possible to tap into the way the game detects surfaces on its own, like it does for footstep sounds, to determine dirt or the stumble probability. 

The roughness is fun for awhile, but doesn't add much if the stumble can be done in a simpler way, plus I use it mostly for dirt build up. I don't like running around barefoot with perfectly clean feet all the time!

I've looked at trying this myself, but I don't have skills to do it. In a perfect world, a mod that applies dirt over time spent barefoot, maybe based off the footstep sound used by the footwear, with some way to adjust how fast/slow it gets applied, and a stumble/stagger mechanic if barefoot, with adjustable probability would be fantastic.

Or a way to disable the mod, or the detection scripts for surface roughness, but keep the surface dirtyness would cut script load a bit.

More BarefootRealism, I took a look at one script that keeps hanging and causing suspended stacks, and its like 4 lines with 2 actual commands, PBFDamageBarterScript.  Am I missing something? Is this only pointing somewhere else? Seems odd that one tiny script would hang so much. I was usually disabling the option in the menu anyway, enabling it caused more suspended stacks.

The biggest load comes from the detection script ofc, got to level 40 before it starting causing stutters, cleaning the save and reinstalling helped for awhile, but I had to drop it and just apply dirty feet slavetats manually =( .

Sorry sometimes I read things and forget to reply. 

On 5/5/2021 at 12:03 AM, Whacked said:

More BarefootRealism, I took a look at one script that keeps hanging and causing suspended stacks, and its like 4 lines with 2 actual commands, PBFDamageBarterScript.  Am I missing something? Is this only pointing somewhere else? Seems odd that one tiny script would hang so much. I was usually disabling the option in the menu anyway, enabling it caused more suspended stacks.

The biggest load comes from the detection script ofc, got to level 40 before it starting causing stutters, cleaning the save and reinstalling helped for awhile, but I had to drop it and just apply dirty feet slavetats manually =( .

I'm afraid I won't be doing any more work on BFR tweak. There's something about it that causes PHZD save bloat. I don't think it's something the mod author did. Think it's something bethesda messed up (surprise!) so I won't be trying to fix it tbh. 

I might at some stage add dirty feet to SLS barefoot as it's already tracking your feet anyway. And it has overlay functionality already. It's not something that's a priority for me right now though. If I recall BFRs foot dirt had bad seams around the ankles. Is there a better texture out there?

On 4/27/2021 at 11:35 PM, xyzfs said:

How can the amputator framework be used on npcs?

Put them under the crosshairs and press F1

On 4/2/2021 at 11:11 PM, sidfu1 said:

aroused nips mcm works in SE but needs the script changed to the new nio file then should work but im not good enough to do that

Sorry but I know very little about SE.