Mouse/Keyboard Recommendations Anyone?

Nonsense667

So, time to replace my cheapo mouse with something substantial. Very very much considering grabbing one of the Razer Nagas. Gonna be a hell of a lot different from using my old two button + mouse wheel one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153095

Any other suggestions are welcome though. Also thinking about grabbing a decent keyboard as well. Feel free to fire me some recommendations. No idea what I'd buy as of yet. Though I've seen the Microsoft Sidewinder recommended before.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109191

Well unless you just "have to have" all those extra buttons I would recommend just grabbing the Razer Death Adder: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153055 I have one and love it. Those extra buttons would give me fits by accidentally hitting them.

I've had several MS keyboards and they have all performed fine so no issues there. I am currently using a Cyborg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823175012 Keyboards come down more to user choice\preference I think more than anything unless you get a really cheap crap one.

I would avoid the Razer Naga, and Razer in general these days. I went through two of them, both of them eventually started to die or have double clicking problems after just a year of use or so, Razer is notorious for cheap build quality.

I use a Logitech G600 mouse now, it's the same setup as the Naga if that's what drew you to it, only much more comfortable, and built like a rock. When it comes to mice Logitech is really the way to go, they blow most of the competition out of the water is almost every area.

And if you want to go quality on a keyboard, your only answer is to go mechanical, if you type a lot, it makes a HUGE difference over traditional keyboards. Once you go mechanical keyboard, you'll never go back.

I suggest either a Das Keyboard, or a 6Gv2.

Personally I prefer and use the Das Keyboard for Cherry MX Blue switches, which are considered the best kind of mechanical switch for typing, and are far and away the best if you like a "click-clack"-y keyboard. The 6Gv2 on the other hand uses Cherry MX Black switches, which are quieter and generally considered better for gaming. The differences at the end of the day though is negligible, the biggest difference is the Blue's are louder, which many people, myself included, prefer.

Either choice is great in the end though, though are both mechancial, and they are both built super tough. For more information on mechanical keyboards, I'd high suggest checking out http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide#post_6009482

Well unless you just "have to have" all those extra buttons I would recommend just grabbing the Razer Death Adder: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153055 I have one and love it. Those extra buttons would give me fits by accidentally hitting them.

But but... buttons. Look at them! So many! :D

I've had several MS keyboards and they have all performed fine so no issues there. I am currently using a Cyborg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823175012 Keyboards come down more to user choice\preference I think more than anything unless you get a really cheap crap one.

First thought that I said out loud when I opened the page: "Oh~ Shiny!" But I can't tell if the design is just for looks' date=' or if those protruding corners on the end actually hold it up. I use a desk with a sliding out shelf thing for the keyboard and mouse, it's not the biggest thing in the world, so the left side of the keyboard hangs off the side by about an inch.

Edit:

I would avoid the Razer Naga, and Razer in general these days. I went through two of them, both of them eventually started to die or have double clicking problems after just a year of use or so, Razer is notorious for cheap build quality.

I use a Logitech G600 mouse now, it's the same setup as the Naga if that's what drew you to it, only much more comfortable, and built like a rock. When it comes to mice Logitech is really the way to go, they blow most of the competition out of the water is almost every area.

And if you want to go quality on a keyboard, your only answer is to go mechanical, if you type a lot, it makes a HUGE difference over traditional keyboards. Once you go mechanical keyboard, you'll never go back.

Personally I prefer and use the Das Keyboard for Cherry MX Blue switches, which are considered the best kind of mechanical switch for typing, and are far and away the best if you like a "click-clack"-y keyboard. The 6Gv2 on the other hand uses Cherry MX Black switches, which are quieter and generally considered better for gaming. The differences at the end of the day though is negligible, the biggest difference is the Blue's are louder, which many people, myself include prefer.

Either choice is great in the end though, though are both mechancial, and they are both built super tough. For more information on mechanical keyboards, I'd high suggest checking out http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide#post_6009482

Hmm, food for thought. I'll seriously consider it. Though I'm not sure just how much I wanna spend on a new keyboard. Still may just stick with the basic one my comp came with. :P

Edit:

I would avoid the Razer Naga' date=' and Razer in general these days. I went through two of them, both of them eventually started to die or have double clicking problems after just a year of use or so, Razer is notorious for cheap build quality.

Personally I prefer and use the Das Keyboard for Cherry MX Blue switches, which are considered the best kind of mechanical switch for typing, and are far and away the best if you like a "click-clack"-y keyboard. The 6Gv2 on the other hand uses Cherry MX Black switches, which are quieter and generally considered better for gaming. The differences at the end of the day though is negligible, the biggest difference is the Blue's are louder, which many people, myself include prefer.

Hmm, food for thought. I'll seriously consider it. Though I'm not sure just how much I wanna spend on a new keyboard. Still may just stick with the basic one my comp came with. :P

Just whatever you do, don't buy into Razer hype, they are cheaply made and all about branding and advertising to appeal to gamers with deep pockets, over actually building quality products that last. Just Google "Razer Naga double click problem" and you'll find all sorts of people having troubles with that mouse that are a result of bad build quality, and their customer service will usually do nothing about it.

Just whatever you do' date=' don't buy into Razer hype, they are cheaply made and all about branding and advertising to appeal to gamers with deep pockets, over actually building quality products that last. Just Google "Razer Naga double click problem" and you'll find all sorts of people having troubles with that mouse that are a result of bad build quality, and their customer service will usually do nothing about it.

[/quote']

Dunno about Razer in general, but the Copperhead I had was pretty awesome. Lasted several years, too.

Just some extra comments. I've had a basic Logitec before, and yeah, I did love it. ^^ Only stopped using it cause I fiddled with the soft siding too much, flaking some of it off and making it scratchy and uncomfortable. It's not for mmo gaming actually, just genre hopping, fps's, rts's, and rpgs. I'm also a palmer, and can't for the life of me understand how people could claw a mouse. :P Aesthetics and "gut feel" do play in it for me, and I gotta admit, I do love how the naga looks. (Don't shoot me.)

Whatever you do' date=' go logitech, their shit always lasts.

[/quote']

A4tech too. My mouse died after 2 years and my keyboard for 3 years. :)

My A4tech was more durable than that, almost 5 years of service before one of it's keys died.

Archived