Call to arms!!!

dibz666

This message goes out to anyone in the LL.com community who is planning on getting Monster Hunter World & wants to play with/make friends.

I am a LONG time fan of the Monster Hunter series, I've played & beaten basically EVERY one except online & world. I did beat World's story on PS4 though.

I've been waiting for World on PC since it was announced in January & now that it's coming out I wanna try to form a Monster Hunter gang so to speak.

I wanna gather as many people as I can into a community who are Monster Hunter fans & are going to be playing world so we can all play together.

So if ur friendly are planning on getting MHW & u want to be helped or help other players who want to be helped then ur welcome in My MH crew.

Or even if u just want a quick way to connect with some players & really coordinate ur hunts then ur welcome to.

Anyone may join the club! ^^  -  https://discord.gg/jwkK4K5

3 hours ago, Rokabur said:

I was considering buying the game when it was on sale for $30. Then it was announced that Denuvo was being added to a game that's primarily online. I still own the original Monster Hunter on PS2 too.

I totes get it. For me though the game is worth the trouble..... I LOVE Monster Hunter & if they treat it as they have other MH titles it's gonna get loads of content.

3 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

You might see a lot more users here playing MHW if it proves to be very mod-friendly. 

Ya but lets be honest, MHW probably won't be to big in the modding scene. The game will require a constant connection to Capcom.

Plus Capcom has gone on record stating that Monster Hunter World will not have mod support.

1 hour ago, dibz666 said:

Ya but lets be honest, MHW probably won't be to big in the modding scene. The game will require a constant connection to Capcom.

Plus Capcom has gone on record stating that Monster Hunter World will not have mod support.

Nuts. It'll be Jan. 2019, before I bother playing any new Capcom games, then.

On 7/28/2018 at 2:41 AM, Rokabur said:

I was considering buying the game when it was on sale for $30. Then it was announced that Denuvo was being added to a game that's primarily online. I still own the original Monster Hunter on PS2 too.

Denuvo? Well, that's just great. Forums from here to eternity will be filled with nothing but impotent screeching about a non-issue ?

Keeping an eye out for that one. I've watched some videos, and i love the style of the game. My primary concerns are "japanese developer" and "PC port" ;) And i'm unsure how invasive the PVP and/or CO-OP parts are, but i've soloed trough Dark Souls and Borderlands, so i'm not worried ?

And it should have been obvious from the beginning that it won't have mod support. What PC port of a japanese game ever has had that? Or ever will?

5 hours ago, ToJKa said:

And it should have been obvious from the beginning that it won't have mod support. What PC port of a japanese game ever has had that? Or ever will?

Technically FF XV has it. But having bought a copy for PC I can say it's not the best FF title I've played. Certainly not the most engaging, not the most intuitive controls, and the open world definitely needs some polish. I've had my butt handed to me so many times by massive fiends if I dare travel at night in low-level areas that it's not funny anymore. And the characters are so...dull. Sorry, but I'm not a fan of an all-male party.

8 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Denuvo? Well, that's just great. Forums from here to eternity will be filled with nothing but impotent screeching about a non-issue ?

Keeping an eye out for that one. I've watched some videos, and i love the style of the game. My primary concerns are "japanese developer" and "PC port" ;) And i'm unsure how invasive the PVP and/or CO-OP parts are, but i've soloed trough Dark Souls and Borderlands, so i'm not worried ?

Technically it's not a "port" & that's why the PC version took longer then the PS4 & XBOX versions, They actually made a PC version.

Also there is no PVP in the Monster Hunter series only PVE or CO-OP.

Right, FFXV actually got mod support. That was surprising.  I watched someone stream it, and i didn't get too interested myself either.

On topic: since i started "work" again, i had a lot of time to read the internet ?

So, pre-release reviews state it's a solid PC conversion, perhaps not the best performance-wise, but solid enough with features one would expect from a PC game. Should easily get 60+ fps with my hardware. Only issue seems to be that it looks the same as console version, though texture packs or something may happen in the future. And that's hardly an issue.

Also during the summer i got a 3DS for some reason, and have been playing and liking Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate with it, so currently i see no reason to not to buy it on release day.

Let the Gunlancing commence! ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hahaha this is funny revisiting,  found this gem because I was wondering why there are no mods for MHW on LL....... 

As it seems *very* mod friendly. 

I got the game a month ago am almost HR 200 now and have nearly every female armor modded with some nice skimpy alterations. ;)

There's nude mods too,  but they're not that great honestly. 

Hence I was looking if here on LL are better ones than on nexus... 

Sadly it seems nope. 

• 4 months later...

MHW is very *not* mod friendly. There's no support from capcom at all so modders need to figure out everything by themselves. People are making progress yes, but mostly just texture/model editing, nothing like custom animations or anything beyond simple file/value replacing.

For mods for MHW on LL, yes there is one. It edited many monster's models. 

Seeing that capcom is a japanese company, there's tiny chance that they'll ever release something mod related. So... yeah, would be nice if someone in LL can help push MHW modding to the next level, but we're not seeing anything anywhere close to skyrim anytime soon. 

And given this is LL, the smallest monster, kirin, is a horse. Others are dinos, dragons, and jumbo dragons, whose sticks are very likely to be larger than the size of player character.

Archived