[v1.0] Tau Ceti - Fully Modular Combat Armor (Bodyslide available)

View File

Tau Ceti Combat Armor

enb2018_7_21_01_44_14.thumb.jpg.fa025dda25e8d7e077e5c6b50cf9b6d2.jpg

See original post here.

AWP3RATOR has created Bodyslide files for this set, see here

This mod adds a high quality (4k textures only), fully modular armor set to Fallout 4.

I got the idea for a fully modular armor set while playing with Fallout 4's weapon/armor modification system, and I thought it would be cool to have a set of armor that can be fully customized in game, with each piece of the armor conferring unique and interesting gameplay effects.

1.thumb.jpg.01c2c2a8f0afe7e0a430c3cbe86f589e.jpg

The outer set is Aeon Soul's Tau Ceti, hence the name of this armor set.

The inner layers consist of a bunch of random stuff I myself and others have made over the years, and re-purposed for Fallout.

-

Currently, the armor is divided into 11 sections, each consisting a set of modules.

Each module will confer unique gameplay effects, as well as altering both the name and the appearance of the outfit.

Naturally, the modules can be mixed and matched to suit the player's preference and play style:

Fallout4-2018-07-14-02-00-38.thumb.jpg.dc149d0b1652d5425cf608bb2744b7f4.jpg

List of the current modules:

Spoiler

enb2018_7_14_22_09_18.jpg

Installation:

Use mod manager of  your choice, or drag n drop into Fallout 4's data folder.

In game:

Craft at chem station. Upgrade at armor workbench.

A few sample combinations:

enb2018_7_21_02_36_15.thumb.jpg.7ba2b5ff45b54535a07c57666de5ea5c.jpg

Additional shots:

Spoiler

enb2018_7_21_01_13_22.jpg

enb2018_7_21_02_23_28.jpg

enb2018_7_21_03_04_55.jpg

enb2018_7_21_03_21_39.jpg

Fallout4-2018-07-20-03-18-13.jpg

Permissions:

I grant any/all users explicit permission to create/share any/all derivative work(s) based on this mod.

However, please do not share/upload any portion(s) of this mod without my express consent.

I stopped releasing my Skyrim mods to the public because of this; here's hoping that the Fallout 4 community is better...

/Nomnomnom

View File

Well, I think it would look more weird for the metal breastplate to jiggle. Since I used bsconnectpoints to attach the various mods to the base body, I can’t have an inner armor that jiggles and an outer armor that doesn’t. Best to go for the lowest common denominator. 

As for bodyslide; I like bodyslide, but bodyslide doesn’t like me. It’s complicated...

Hmm, make sure you have unequipped everything. It looks like your char has something else equipped on top.

Otherwise it might be an issue with the skeleton. The outfit's rigged to Fallout 4's default skeleton, so custom skeletons might cause issues.

Weird. It looks as if there's another body mesh on top of the one included in the mod. Maybe try disabling all your mods, and start a new game with only this mod installed.

Does this happen with any other armor mods?

I know it sounds dumb, but is there any way to have this piece behave like normal armour sets (multiple parts for arms, legs, torso and underarmour) I love the look and customisability of the armour, but I like using combat strip lite. With the armour being only a single piece, it won't progressively strip.

2 hours ago, ARabidGrandma said:

I know it sounds dumb, but is there any way to have this piece behave like normal armour sets (multiple parts for arms, legs, torso and underarmour) I love the look and customisability of the armour, but I like using combat strip lite. With the armour being only a single piece, it won't progressively strip.

That's certainly doable. The mod currently uses bsconnectpoints to hook up the various armor pieces - which allows for on the fly attachments via the in game modification system.

I didn't go the traditional armor slot route because the pieces would take up too many slots, and cause potential conflicts. The in game modification system also doesn't work with this type of armor addons, so you'd lose out on the customization aspect of this mod.

However, if you'd like to revert the set back to the traditional armor slot system, all you have to do would be to add each individual piece into CK as armor addon, assign the proper biped slot, and create an armor entry for each addon.

2 hours ago, Aegis said:

That's certainly doable. The mod currently uses bsconnectpoints to hook up the various armor pieces - which allows for on the fly attachments via the in game modification system.

I didn't go the traditional armor slot route because the pieces would take up too many slots, and cause potential conflicts. The in game modification system also doesn't work with this type of armor addons, so you'd lose out on the customization aspect of this mod.

However, if you'd like to revert the set back to the traditional armor slot system, all you have to do would be to add each individual piece into CK as armor addon, assign the proper biped slot, and create an armor entry for each addon.

Will that let me create armour parts consisting of multiple components? Such as having a left arm piece with both shoulder and the forearm part, but only the shoulder on the right arm piece?
I'll see if i can figure anything out tomorrow.

3 hours ago, ARabidGrandma said:

Will that let me create armour parts consisting of multiple components? Such as having a left arm piece with both shoulder and the forearm part, but only the shoulder on the right arm piece?
I'll see if i can figure anything out tomorrow.

Potentially, yes. So long as the armor slot assignment for each piece is unique, they should all show up.

Bodyslide is on the way!  I have all of the files converted to work with OS.  Now just need to generate the project files, fix clipping, test, etc.

Also - don't console yourself the other outfits that aren't "Tau Ceti" in the plugin - those meshes aren't included.

@Aegis - There seems to be a dirty edit in the plugin for Leather Armor - it basically removes all information from it.  Should it be there?

1 hour ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Bodyslide is on the way!  I have all of the files converted to work with OS.  Now just need to generate the project files, fix clipping, test, etc.

Also - don't console yourself the other outfits that aren't "Tau Ceti" in the plugin - those meshes aren't included.

@Aegis - There seems to be a dirty edit in the plugin for Leather Armor - it basically removes all information from it.  Should it be there?

Oh, awesome. You might want to get in touch with @FutureTech101, he contacted me a couple days ago regarding the bodyslide conversions, so maybe you guys can work together on this.

As for the dirty edit. Good catch xD

I believe I was checking out how Beth did object templates in FO4, but accidentally deleted the templates for leather torso.

There shouldn't be any dirty edits as all my entries are unique.

Here's the quick fix. It's my dev build though, so all the recipes are free. If someone can send me the original Tau Ceti 1.00 esp, I can fix it up and patch it through.

I really should keep an archive of all my old builds, but it gets too annoying after a while, and a pain to keep track of...

Aegis Outfitter.esp

2 hours ago, Aegis said:

Oh, awesome. You might want to get in touch with @FutureTech101, he contacted me a couple days ago regarding the bodyslide conversions, so maybe you guys can work together on this.

As for the dirty edit. Good catch xD

I believe I was checking out how Beth did object templates in FO4, but accidentally deleted the templates for leather torso.

There shouldn't be any dirty edits as all my entries are unique.

Here's the quick fix. It's my dev build though, so all the recipes are free. If someone can send me the original Tau Ceti 1.00 esp, I can fix it up and patch it through.

I really should keep an archive of all my old builds, but it gets too annoying after a while, and a pain to keep track of...

Aegis Outfitter.esp

should I replace the esp with this one or just have them both activated??