Adding HDT physics with bodyslide

Hunter136

So I am still working to find a way to add HDT to the firekeeper cloak, and I found post that comment that its possible to do with bodyslide by copying bones.

Question is however, what do I need to do exactly to do this?

I'd like the cloak to be as free as the source game and not stuck to my characters ass, so I'm determined to find a solution to this problem, any help would be great, but I feel that I'm pretty close to figuring it out.

BodySlide can add HDT sliders to clothes, but I doubt it can add HDT-PE, you need to do this by yourself using 3ds max / blender AFAIK.

Ah, and JFF (Just For Fun). You can use any xml file from HDT-PE as a base for your own xml that's going to be attached to NIF meshes and tweak it as you want it.

Find a cloak with HDT PE.
Open Outfitstudio and import this Nif.
Set this Nif as a reference (right-click on the mesh / shape).

Import the nif of firekeeper cloak.
Right click on the mesh / shape of firekeeper cloak -> copy bone weights.

Use the bone scale sliders to check the skin (bone weights) and possible to correct and soften.

Export the firekeeper cloak as Nif without reference.

Now your firekeeper cloak should have the bones for HDT PE.
As XML you can use the one of the reference nif (should already be present as NiStringExtraData in the exported firekeeper cloak nif)

This step is also necessary if the bones are not part of your installed skeleton (eg xmpse):

Open the original nif (the reference) and your exportet nif with nifskope.

Copy the skeleton from the reference in your exportet nif.

For this, the roots of booth nifs must have the same name - for eample Scene Root. Rename, if necessary.

Save your exportet nif.

15 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Find a cloak with HDT PE.
Export the firekeeper cloak as Nif without reference.

Now your firekeeper cloak should have the bones for HDT PE.
As XML you can use the one of the reference nif (should already be present as NiStringExtraData in the exported firekeeper cloak nif)

btw, I just used your instruction and try to add HDT-PE physics to cloak from Cloaks of Skyrim.

I was used nif from Illustrous HDT Cloaks of Skyrim as reference.

Both the bones and HDT Havok Path were copied successfully (not sure aout bones, tho).

But every time i disable  Illustrious HDT Cloaks.esp, my modified cloak with HDT-PE physics stopped working, like I never changed it.

hdtPhysicsExtensions.log IS VERY optimistic about physics, though:

[07/28/18 03:13:20]INFO: Physics system loaded : DATA\MESHES\clothes\CloaksofSkyrim\coscloakfur.xml

and etc, no errors.

But when I inspect new nif with physics with NifScope "Spells -> Remove Bogus Nodes", it removes ~19 nodes and hdtPhysicsExtensions.log giving errors about illegal hkx

[07/28/18 03:23:36]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 35ed2580 CB 01 1 - bone doesn't exist
[07/28/18 03:23:36]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 35ed2580 CB 01 1 - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!

So I assuming Outfit Studio copied weighted bones but they never used.

What should I do?

35 minutes ago, Barragan said:

btw, I just used your instruction and try to add HDT-PE physics to cloak from Cloaks of Skyrim.

I was used nif from Illustrous HDT Cloaks of Skyrim as reference.

Both the bones and HDT Havok Path were copied successfully (not sure aout bones, tho).

But every time i disable  Illustrious HDT Cloaks.esp, my modified cloak with HDT-PE physics stopped working, like I never changed it.

hdtPhysicsExtensions.log IS VERY optimistic about physics, though:

[07/28/18 03:13:20]INFO: Physics system loaded : DATA\MESHES\clothes\CloaksofSkyrim\coscloakfur.xml

and etc, no errors.

But when I inspect new nif with physics with NifScope "Spells -> Remove Bogus Nodes", it removes ~19 nodes and hdtPhysicsExtensions.log giving errors about illegal hkx

[07/28/18 03:23:36]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 35ed2580 CB 01 1 - bone doesn't exist
[07/28/18 03:23:36]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 35ed2580 CB 01 1 - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!

So I assuming Outfit Studio copied weighted bones but they never used.

What should I do?

When you say "every time i disable  Illustrious HDT Cloaks.esp, my modified cloak with HDT-PE physics stopped working", do you mean you disabled it from Mod Organizer?  If so, did you remember to copy to xmls over before disabling it?

Also, if removing bogus nodes is a step in breaking it... don't do that step.  Bogus nodes don't matter much to the Skyrim engine.  It may not be optimal, but it also isn't likely to break anything.

21 minutes ago, Barragan said:

ut when I inspect new nif with physics with NifScope "Spells -> Remove Bogus Nodes", it removes ~19 nodes and hdtPhysicsExtensions.log giving errors about illegal hkx

Remove Bogus Nodes should only remove unused bones.
I do not know your mesh, so I can not say much.

If the mesh has a skin for bones that do not exist (as a skeleton in the Nif itself or in the skeleton of the corresponding race - mostly xpmse or similar) it will come to issue / CTD.

98% of CTD at new game start are this or "broken" master.hkx (too much animation - for this machine)

HDT PE and HDT SMP moves skeletal bones - nothing more.

Both are Havok. SMP is not Bullet - just the creation of the shapes is similar to Bullet.
It moves a bone, rotates etv. This bone MUST be present.
Either in the skeleton of the race (eg xpmse etc.) or as a bone/skeleton in the nif itself.

As Bone - not as NiNode!
The bones are moved even if your mesh has no skin. You only see no effect then.

So you can have a DingDong xml for penis (NPC Genitals02 [Gen01] to 06) without having a penis. The bones still make DingDong.
In the skeleton are also (Vanilla) Bones available for tail, wings, skirt etc.
All are moved - by animation, Havok etc.

BUT: For movement of bones, it is essential that this bone really exists - as bone. Either in the skeleton of the race or separately in the Nif itself.

This applies to Havok and also for animations.
Hence my advice to copy the skeleton.

45 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

When you say "every time i disable  Illustrious HDT Cloaks.esp, my modified cloak with HDT-PE physics stopped working", do you mean you disabled it from Mod Organizer?  If so, did you remember to copy to xmls over before disabling it?

Only esp file, meshes and textures available for virtual filesystem as usual.

6 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Remove Bogus Nodes should only remove unused bones.
I do not know your mesh, so I can not say much.

If the mesh has a skin for bones that do not exist (as a skeleton in the Nif itself or in the skeleton of the corresponding race - mostly xpmse or similar) it will come to issue / CTD.

98% of CTD at new game start are this or "broken" master.hkx (too much animation - for this machine)

When I load those NIF meshes, I have only cloaks visible. No body attached to cloaks in Outfit Studio, because I playing male character.

I have installed XPMSE sceleton.

Bodyslide and Outfitstudio is not limited to female or bodysuits at all.

Open Outfitstudio -> import a HDT PE Coat.
Switch to bones tab and take a look.
If all bones are present (compare with appropriate xml - JustForFun editor should eventually be enough), then set this mesh as a refrence.

Import your coat (which you would like to have)
Change to Bones Tab (your coat must be selected).
Mark all bones (hold shift) -> right click -> Delete -> From seleted shapes.
Now go back to Shapes / Meshes Tab -> right click on your coat -> Copy Bone Weights.

PS: You do not need a body in the Nif.
A coat is not a body and should not have BodyPart 32.

• 4 weeks later...

Could somebody explain, how BodySlide handles normalization of painted weights?

Simple example: I copied weights to project from several references, and resulting (e.g. shoe) mesh will have L Foot with yellow weight (>0.5) and L Toe0 with almost red weight (>0.9).

In summar it will exceed 1.0.

I wish I can explain this better.

3ds Max handles this pretty simple: it will not let all weights in sum exceed 1.0. But I didn't see an alternative of such feature in Outfit Studio/BodySlide!?

Archived