Skyrim takes 5-10 minutes to startup

shazor

Hello fellow community,

i recently upgraded my graphic card from a gtx 1060 to a 1080 and now my skyrim needs really long to start up getting stuck in a  black not responding window for about 5-10 minutes. This happens too without using skse, any mods and not even mod organizer so its really strange. Any suggestions here that might help me?

EDIT: Misread, thought you were talking about really long loadtimes when you first load a savecode after starting up the game. Either way if your storing you copy of Skyrim on a Solid State harddrive that could be the issue. Those things wear down pretty fast if your constantly adding/overwriting data on them, especially the newer ones that have tried to make their data cells more cost effective.

Already tried to delete the inis and let them build up new.

I looked into that thread and tried updating firmware which were already up to date and tried moving all to an hdd too but no change there either

I put the lines for the logging in the ini but no logs show up so that kinda strange too

Let's start at the beginning.

Post a mod list here. There are several ways to do this, LOOT is as simple as any. Open LOOT - click on the 3 vertical dots at the top right - choose 'copy load order'.

Here in the comment box type [ spoiler ] with no spaces - hit Return and paste your load order - hit Return and type [ /spoiler ] with no spaces but with the forward slash.

Are you using MO or NMM?

Are you using ENBoost or an ENB?

Are you using Crash Fixes?

Which OS do you have?

How much RAM and VRAM?

(OS, RAM and VRAM are important for correctly tweaking your enblocal.ini)

Get these:

Bethini (run this first and then make the manual changes to the ini files).

ENBoost (if you are using an ENB then ignore this)

Crash Fixes

Read the description pages and readmes carefully.

Is strange... for discard harware issue take a look to the windows event viewer, filter it by errors, and make some test over your machine with userbenchmark, AIDA64 or any other test util.

If you use NMM the ini files are in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim but if your are ussing MO must edit the ini files related you your profile inside MO. Must put this in the [Papyrus] section:

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableProfiling=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Remember put it on 0 when your problem end, generate log consume machine.

Archived