Clothing Bodytype Converter V.5.0 (12.24.2013)

gerra6

I run into the double vertex issue constantly. Sometimes if the outfit has been retextured or altered multiple times you end up with all sorts of duplicates. I think the worst one I encountered had some 10 duplicates of the same mesh. You didn't notice it in game as you couldn't see the other 9. :s

You can make sharp edges by changing the smoothing groups on selected faces. I do that sometimes if I want a "crystal" effect. Or well, actually there's tons of reasons to use smoothing groups. And yes, I'm rambling. :D

Alrighty... I've managed to use this script on 2 different outfits. With a minimum of hassle (once I figured out the general settings) it REALLY helps on converting when the chest size is quite a bit different. I couldn't get a perfect match (in this case HGEC E to TGND) but it was close enough that I could rapidly tweak the final result. Essentially 2 really intense outfits that normally would take a bit were over with in 15 minutes. So a BIG THANK YOU for this script! :D :D :D

The only hiccup I had was trying to use it for lower body. A script error would occur every time. (I thought I kept a copy of the exact error but it seems I didn't. Sorry about that. Next time I'll paste it and SAVE it!) The lower body really isn't that essential for me though since TGND is about the same as some of the HGEC variants.

I'll definitely be using this more often!!!

The only hiccup I had was trying to use it for lower body. A script error would occur every time. (I thought I kept a copy of the exact error but it seems I didn't. Sorry about that. Next time I'll paste it and SAVE it!) The lower body really isn't that essential for me though since TGND is about the same as some of the HGEC variants.

I'll definitely be using this more often!!!

If I were to hazard a guess, was the "Breast Ring" option selected when you used the script on the lower body? It won't cause an error in the next release, but the current version chokes if Breast Ring is selected on a mesh without compatible breast bones.

Also, I should mention that if you are converting full body outfits, you may sometimes get better results if you merge the upper and lower body meshes of your temporary template meshes (the nude bodies that you use to create the lattice, rather than the outfits that you convert later) and create a lattice that transforms the entire outfit at once.

And now I've got to get back to coding the update. The soon-to-be 3.0 release has been stubbornly refusing to work the way I expect it to. Grrr.

It's quite challenging for me when a mesh has numbers of vertex doubles and intended splited pieces to make sharp edges.

I should make something clear.

There is absolutely no need to remove vertex doubles or change boneweights for the mesh that you export and intend to use in game or include in your mod.

However' date=' when you are using the script to create a lattice, some [i']temporary[/i] changes to your template meshes within Blender may be necessary to help the script create the best lattice possible.

Once you have a lattice and have saved the blend file, feel free to delete any meshes with changes that you don't want to keep. The lattice exists independently of any given meshes. It is just a modifier that you can apply to any and all meshes that you want to convert.

That one lattice can be used on any mesh, once it has been made and saved. Just open the blend file with the lattice, import the mesh, add the lattice modifier to the mesh, and apply it.

You can make sharp edges by changing the smoothing groups on selected faces. I do that sometimes if I want a "crystal" effect. Or well' date=' actually there's tons of reasons to use smoothing groups. And yes, I'm rambling. :D

[/quote']

Yes, but some people do split meshes to crystalize instead of changing smoothing group :-/ The problem comes when I try to modify them. I don't split for that purpose cause it's inconvenient for future modification.

There is absolutely no need to remove vertex doubles or change boneweights for the mesh that you export and intend to use in game or include in your mod.

Sure, I just wanted to keep things neat.

Sure' date=' I just wanted to keep things neat.

[/quote']

It's always good to keep things neat.

The important thing is to remember that the template meshes (both source and target) are only used to generate the lattice. Once the lattice has been generated, the template meshes can be safely deleted, as well as any modifications that have been made to them.

Hey all, First post. Firstly new to this oblivion stuff. Been trying to mod my game ready for a mega play though (after skyrim on the PS3). I have just tried this script and it is awesome (take a bow) compared with doing it by hand (slowly) and had decent results with a Cuirass going from F-cup to DMRA (just did some detailing by hand).

Problem is (and i don't know anybody else to ask) is I have exported my Cuirass into the game no problems and looks excellent, and then I tried to do the same to the Greaves but I just have an empty (transparent) lower body! Help!!! Is it the export settings? Sure i used the same as the Cuirass (taken from Saaya BBB tutorial).

I have attached the blend and nif files if anyone can give me some guidance.

Thanks

Can I suggest a 'reset defaults' option.

I always seem to be trying to push envelopes with this. Currently I'm getting a Python error no matter what:-

Partition values must be two or greater

No idea why.

Increase your Node Multiplier a bit (anything above 1.5 should run). The Nodes are automatically generated. Unfortunately, my current algorithm allows the script to try and create lattices with fewer nodes than allowed if the Node Multiplier is set very low.

Hey all' date=' First post. Firstly new to this oblivion stuff. Been trying to mod my game ready for a mega play though (after skyrim on the PS3). I have just tried this script and it is awesome (take a bow) compared with doing it by hand (slowly) and had decent results with a Cuirass going from F-cup to DMRA (just did some detailing by hand).

Problem is (and i don't know anybody else to ask) is I have exported my Cuirass into the game no problems and looks excellent, and then I tried to do the same to the Greaves but I just have an empty (transparent) lower body! Help!!! Is it the export settings? Sure i used the same as the Cuirass (taken from Saaya BBB tutorial).

I have attached the blend and nif files if anyone can give me some guidance.

Thanks

[/quote']

I took a quick look. The Nif has a scene root parented to a scene root. This can cause problems and would be my first guess for the reason that you can't see the mesh in game.

Your attached Blender file is already on the button menu that we want.

Look down at the bottom for the modifier entries. There is an armature and a lattice. Delete the armature. Click Make Real for the Lattice.

Both should now disappear.

Next, click on the skeleton and delete it.

Now, import a new skeleton.nif from your Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\ folder.

IMPORTANT: To import a skeleton and parent it to a mesh:

1. Select all of the meshes that you are exporting together (generally, this just means hit 'a' until everything is selected if you want everything on the layer to export together)

2. From the nif import menu, enable "import skeleton only and parent selected"

Then just export using the settings that worked for your upper body mesh.

Note: You've got some clipping on the mesh. I would recommend playing around with the lattice generator settings a bit to see if the script can create a lattice that would create less clipping.

I'm *working* on an update that should make it easier to create better lattices, but I keep running smack into a very nasty bug.

I can't seem to get this to work right. No matter what meshes I try or what settings I use, the breasts always look deformed. The rest of the body sometimes follows suit, but usually, the body works just fine. The models I'm using all have the breasts weighted to OP1, OP2 and OP3. These are photos of my latest attempts. The source model is HGEC H-Cup A and the target is HGEC Manga K-cup.

These are the settings:

And this is the result:

As you can see, things are going badly...

I can't seem to get this to work right. No matter what meshes I try or what settings I use' date=' the breasts always look deformed. The rest of the body sometimes follows suit, but usually, the body works just fine. The models I'm using all have the breasts weighted to OP1, OP2 and OP3. These are photos of my latest attempts. The source model is HGEC H-Cup A and the target is HGEC Manga K-cup.

These are the settings:

And this is the result:

[/quote']

For a conversion that significantly modifies the size of the breast, you'll generally want to make two lattices, one applied after the other .

The first lattice should be optimized to move the breasts more or less into position. For this lattice, I would generally recommend that "breast rings" be enabled, and that you choose a fairly large node number.

Once you have created the first lattice, select the modified mesh and click "apply" under that lattice's entry in the editing panel (the lattice entry should then disappear). Then, rename the lattice and move it to another layer.

Once the first lattice has been applied, create a second lattice.

This one should be optimized for details. Now that the breasts are more or less in position, "breast ring" should be disabled. Experiment with the rest of the settings to get the results that you are looking for, but disabling "Breast Ring" for the second lattice is crucial.

The other thing I would mention is that the vertex search algorithm is a bit weird in the current release. Enabling "Vertex Override" often improves results in a way that, well, it shouldn't.

Note: An update is currently being beta tested that *should* reduce or eliminate the puckering and distortion that you are experiencing with the Breast Ring algorithm. Depending on how the testing goes, it should be released sometime in the next few days.

I can't seem to get this to work right. No matter what meshes I try or what settings I use' date=' the breasts always look deformed. The rest of the body sometimes follows suit, but usually, the body works just fine. The models I'm using all have the breasts weighted to OP1, OP2 and OP3. These are photos of my latest attempts. The source model is HGEC H-Cup A and the target is HGEC Manga K-cup.

These are the settings:

And this is the result:

[/quote']

For a conversion that significantly modifies the size of the breast, you'll generally want to make two lattices, one applied after the other .

The first lattice should be optimized to move the breasts more or less into position. For this lattice, I would generally recommend that "breast rings" be enabled, and that you choose a fairly large node number.

Once you have created the first lattice, select the modified mesh and click "apply" under that lattice's entry in the editing panel (the lattice entry should then disappear). Then, rename the lattice and move it to another layer.

Once the first lattice has been applied, create a second lattice.

This one should be optimized for details. Now that the breasts are more or less in position, "breast ring" should be disabled. Experiment with the rest of the settings to get the results that you are looking for, but disabling "Breast Ring" for the second lattice is crucial.

The other thing I would mention is that the vertex search algorithm is a bit weird in the current release. Enabling "Vertex Override" often improves results in a way that, well, it shouldn't.

Note: An update is currently being beta tested that *should* reduce or eliminate the puckering and distortion that you are experiencing with the Breast Ring algorithm. Depending on how the testing goes, it should be released sometime in the next few days.

Looking forward to it because if the vote on my newhalf blog goes the way it is now. I will have ALOt of conversions to do. Sadly atm I finally made time to play with it, amazing program but I think either my settings suck (cause my bone weight is not 100% perfect) or I just need to practice some more. If it happens on the newest update I will show you with screenshots.

when i try to use this script with source dmra upper and target hgec e-cup the script crashes for me. here is a copy of console output:

***** Begin *****

**Active Mesh Vert Categorization: 0.027661 sec**

**Active Mesh Initialization: 0.191134 sec**

**Context Mesh Vert Categorization: 0.028439 sec**

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "", line 1, in

File "C:\Blender\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\object_create_transformation_lat

tice.py", line 1368, in

main()

tice.py", line 1356, in main

getLattice(ob_act, obs, PREF_SD_BAND.val, PREF_SD_VNUMBER.val, PREF_LNUMBER.

val, PREF_LVERTDIST.val, PREF_LNODE_TYPE_X.val, PREF_LNODE_TYPE_Y.val, PREF_LNOD

E_TYPE_Z.val, PREF_X.val, PREF_Y.val, PREF_Z.val, PREF_X_CROSS.val, PREF_BUTTOCK

_ID.val, PREF_Z_EDGE.val, PREF_LATTICE_SIZE.val, PREF_GROWTH.val, PREF_WMAG.val,

PREF_ANODE.val, PREF_VLOCK.val, PREF_BREAST_RING.val, PREF_NECK_RING.val, PREF_

ARM_RING.val, PREF_UPPER_WAIST_RING.val, PREF_LOWER_WAIST_RING.val, PREF_LEG_RIN

G.val,PREF_MMARGIN.val)

tice.py", line 986, in getLattice

newVectorList = getRingVectors(ob_ctx, ob_act, ctxNonManifoldVerts['LeftArm'

], actNonManifoldVerts['LeftArm'],0,'LeftArm',ArmIterations)

tice.py", line 397, in getRingVectors

RingGroup1Grid = CompareLists(RingGroup1Rat,RingGroup2Rat)

tice.py", line 249, in CompareLists

tempa = (i, float(1-((v - itm))/float(v - list2[i-1])))

ZeroDivisionError: float division

when i try to use this script with source dmra upper and target hgec e-cup the script crashes for me. here is a copy of console output:

***** Begin *****

File ""' date=' line 1, in

tice.py", line 1368, in

main()

val, PREF_LVERTDIST.val, PREF_LNODE_TYPE_X.val, PREF_LNODE_TYPE_Y.val, PREF_LNOD

E_TYPE_Z.val, PREF_X.val, PREF_Y.val, PREF_Z.val, PREF_X_CROSS.val, PREF_BUTTOCK

_ID.val, PREF_Z_EDGE.val, PREF_LATTICE_SIZE.val, PREF_GROWTH.val, PREF_WMAG.val,

ARM_RING.val, PREF_UPPER_WAIST_RING.val, PREF_LOWER_WAIST_RING.val, PREF_LEG_RIN

G.val,PREF_MMARGIN.val)

'], actNonManifoldVerts['LeftArm'],0,'LeftArm',ArmIterations)

Hmm. It sounds like the arm ring algorithm is choking a bit on those two meshes.

Try the attached version and see if the problem persists. If it works, I'll patch the main branch.

***** Begin *****

tice.py", line 1368, in

main()

G.val,PREF_MMARGIN.val)

Hmm. It sounds like the arm ring algorithm is choking a bit on those two meshes.

Try the attached version and see if the problem persists. If it works, I'll patch the main branch.

This time the result is almost the same, but the error message is different

***** Begin *****

**Active Mesh Vert Categorization: 0.027775 sec**

**Active Mesh Initialization: 0.189745 sec**

**Context Mesh Vert Categorization: 0.029618 sec**

File "", line 1, in

tice.py", line 1368, in

main()

G.val,PREF_MMARGIN.val)

tice.py", line 425, in getRingVectors

RingAngles2 = VertexAngleListGroup2[RingIndex2[0]]

IndexError: list index out of range

What I forgot to mention is that when source body is hgec and target is dmra the script runs without errors. Don't know if that information helps. Too bad I want to conver armors and clothes from dmra to hgec e cup not the other way around :/

I attached the bodies I'm using. Maybe there is something wrong with my setup, not the script

***** Begin *****

tice.py", line 1368, in

main()

G.val,PREF_MMARGIN.val)

This time the result is almost the same, but the error message is different

***** Begin *****

**Active Mesh Vert Categorization: 0.027775 sec**

**Active Mesh Initialization: 0.189745 sec**

**Context Mesh Vert Categorization: 0.029618 sec**

File "", line 1, in

tice.py", line 1368, in

main()

G.val,PREF_MMARGIN.val)

tice.py", line 425, in getRingVectors

RingAngles2 = VertexAngleListGroup2[RingIndex2[0]]

IndexError: list index out of range

What I forgot to mention is that when source body is hgec and target is dmra the script runs without errors. Don't know if that information helps. Too bad I want to conver armors and clothes from dmra to hgec e cup not the other way around :/

Could you provide me with the meshes?

I can't replicate the error

Archived