Stress and Trauma

View File

Stress and Trauma

Overview: 

This is a lightweight mod that simulates Stress through combat and Trauma by violation through non-intrusive visual effects only, no status effects are used.

Description:

All options, that can be changed and/or turned off are marked with an "(MCM)".

SAT uses a simplistic approach to simulate Stress and Trauma. The aim is to alter only the feel of the game, not the gameplay itself. Therefore only visual effects are used, no "hidden" status effects, buffs or de-buffs. The effects are subtle and easy to ignore for some time, but still aim to make the game feel diffrent.
SAT introduces two new values into the game, Stress and Trauma, ranging from 0 to 100. While these values rise the mod applies increasing visual effects at values of 10 (MCM), 33 and 66. The lower threshold can be adjusted in the MCM and serves as a "grace period", so the values don't have to sink down to zero until the effects to stop.

Trauma:

The Trauma effect adds a recurring, pulsating, circular blur to give a feel of flashback and anxiety. Trauma points are gained by being violated (i.e. the player is the victim of an aggressive animation). The gain values differ depending on the animation (anal, oral, vaginal, beastiality) and can be adjusted individually. There is also the option to set Trauma gain for consentual animations, too.
Once the lower threshold is exceeded, Arousal will be blocked (MCM), because the character is taumatised.

Trauma can be reduced by drinking alcohol or Skooma/ Sleeping Tree Sap (MCM). Apart from that, Trauma sinks over time by a daily rate (MCM). For that the player can't have sex or can't be violated (MCM) for a number of days (MCM), before the Trauma value starts to fall.

Example: By default, you can't have sex for 2 days for Trauma to start sinking, after 3 days of no sex the reduction will be 20 (default daily rate), after 4 days of no sex the reduction will be 40 and so on.

Stress:

Stress adds an increasing tunnel vision and, at high values, short flashes of double-vision. Stress is gained in two ways:

1. Time spent in combat. Every 10 in-game minutes of combat generate 1 point of Stress times a multiplier (MCM).

2. Damage taken. Every 10% of health lost generate 1 point of Stress times a multiplier (MCM).

Stress can be reduced by drinking alcohol or Skooma/ Sleeping Tree Sap (MCM). Stress, too, sinks over time by a daily rate (MCM). The Stress reduction starts directly after leaving combat, without any waiting time.

Stress is also reduced when having sex (MCM). Not when being violated, being the violator is okay.

Arousal: 

At Arousal values of 50 and 70 surreal, colorful effects appear in irregular intervals (MCM). Also Arousal is linked to the Stress value and rises, but doesn't sink, with it (MCM). This show the effect of the adrenalin that has build up over a long fight. The linking can also be enabled for up to 4 follower (MCM).

Violation: 

When the player is violated a light blur flashes up every 0.5 seconds for the time of the animation (MCM) to underline the horror of the act.

Requirements:

• Sexlab Framework 1.62
  • Sexlab Aroused or Aroused Redux

Personal Note:

You can't imagine how much I cursed making this mod... My original plan was to used a purple filter for arousal, strong desaturation for Trauma and bright red flashed in violations. But than I had to learn the hard way, that ENB says no to Imagespace Modifiers (the name of the filter in CK)... No colors, no saturation changes... The only thing that did work were diffrent kinds of blurs. At first I was so disapointed that I wanted to drop the mod, but since it was basically finished I decided to not give up and changed all visuals to use blurs. And I'm rather pleased with the outcome :)

ChangeLog:

• 07/11/2018 Initial Upload

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/11/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexlab Framework, Sexlab Aroused/ Aroused Redux
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

I had the similar problem in a couple of mods.

The trick I did was to use two sets of ImageSpace modifiers, one for ENBs and another for no-ENB or ENBs with colorspace modifiers enabled (they are quite heavy so they are not common.)

Then the player can select which set to use in a MCM.

12 minutes ago, CPU said:

I had the similar problem in a couple of mods.

The trick I did was to use two sets of ImageSpace modifiers, one for ENBs and another for no-ENB or ENBs with colorspace modifiers enabled (they are quite heavy so they are not common.)

Then the player can select which set to use in a MCM.

I didn't know that there's a thing like enabling colorspace modifiers^^ But you can't change colors with an Imod, when the ENB (of the user) isn't set up for it, right?

32 minutes ago, Guffel said:

I didn't know that there's a thing like enabling colorspace modifiers^^ But you can't change colors with an Imod, when the ENB (of the user) isn't set up for it, right?

Correct.

And doing so also makes all the shaders to be unoptimized, so the ENB will take a heavy toll on the graphic card.

loving this so far, two suggestions: option of decrease of trauma/stress through sleep (not just over time, but specifically through sleep, 8 hours of sleep recovers x amount of trauma/stress.) Also, option of desensitization, the more traumatic/stressful acts you experience the less trauma/stress you gain as you've become more used to these things happening to you. (ie for every x traumatic/stressful experiences the amount of trauma/stress you experience via acts decreases by x%)

1. I adjusted in the script timers and probabilities to reduce the frequency of video effects.
   Mod became more playable.
2. Did a check of each tag in "Event HavingSex(..)" separately, rather than through "if .. elseif .. elseif ..".
   Group animations will have more interesting consequences.
3. Fixed check of the tag "beastiality" to "bestiality".

Because I touched the timer in "Event OnInit()", then CleanSave is needed for the changes.

Also there are still issues:

Spoiler

1. Arousal blocking in case of trauma must be taken out from under the construction "If... elseIf.. elseIf..".

If (Trauma >= 66) && !sexlab.isActorActive(PlayerRef) && utility.randomInt(1,100) <= 13
    SAT_Trauma03.apply()
elseIf (Trauma >= 33) && !sexlab.isActorActive(PlayerRef) && utility.randomInt(1,100) <= 10
    SAT_Trauma02.apply()
elseIf (Trauma >= mcm.TraumaFreeValue) && !sexlab.isActorActive(PlayerRef) && utility.randomInt(1,100) <= 8
    SAT_Trauma01.apply() 
    If mcm.TraumaArousalLock
        slaFramework.SetActorArousalBlocked(PlayerRef, true)
        slaFramework.SetActorExposure(PlayerRef, 0)
    endif
else
    slaFramework.SetActorArousalBlocked(PlayerRef, false)
endIf

It is worth changing so:

If (Trauma >= 66) && !sexlab.isActorActive(PlayerRef) && utility.randomInt(1,100) <= 13
    SAT_Trauma03.apply()
elseIf (Trauma >= 33) && !sexlab.isActorActive(PlayerRef) && utility.randomInt(1,100) <= 10
    SAT_Trauma02.apply()
elseIf (Trauma >= mcm.TraumaFreeValue) && !sexlab.isActorActive(PlayerRef) && utility.randomInt(1,100) <= 8
    SAT_Trauma01.apply() 
endIf

If mcm.TraumaArousalLock
    If (Trauma >= mcm.TraumaFreeValue)
        slaFramework.SetActorArousalBlocked(PlayerRef, true)
        slaFramework.SetActorExposure(PlayerRef, 0)
    else
        slaFramework.SetActorArousalBlocked(PlayerRef, false)
    endif
endif

2. After fast travel, sleep or waiting, it shows the trauma and stress from the moment of time before the travel/wait/sleep.
Probably it is necessary to add a delay in the script before "Debug.Notification(..)" or move the code.

I did not fix it myself, because adjustments are made in such way: PEX -> PAS -> PEX. 

StressAndTrauma_v1.0_sat_upkeepscript.7z

StressAndTrauma_v1.0_sat_upkeepscript_source.7z

I like it. :)   Having just moved back to 'rim for a break from test driving FO4 stuff from here gave this a try.  It's just like PTSD in RL in the sense the effects intrude on your life at anytime anywhere.  Avoiding the stress and trauma and recovery is important now. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, zeldashu said:

Thank you for your patch, is it overwrite or replace the original file?

Patch overwrites part of the scripts and ESP.

The original is still needed.

If you have already played with the original, you need CleanSave (otherwise not all changes will be applied).

Changes I have described a few posts earlier.

18 hours ago, JadeDruid87 said:

Any chance you can darken the edges of vision instead of blurring them? I'd love to use this mod, but just LOOKING at the screenshots set off my motion sickness, I can't imagine actually moving the camera around with it on.

I tried that, but unfortunately that doesn't work with ENB :/

Any ENB would overrides the brightness settings or colors, if I where to use a black tint...