Thanks for checking this out. In part I wanted to give back for all the ( dirty, slutty o.o ) mods that I've downloaded over the years. I've released some followers here and there but I was very standoffish about putting up a mod that could be so centrally embedded into someone's game - last thing I want to do is destroy someone's fun time, even by accident. Plus, there are follower frameworks galore... However, this is someone I use in all my playthroughs and it's light and very compatible with other things and foremost, I know what its doing internally. :) So, that's not to scare anyone off or even pry them away from AFT, EFF, whatnot. Just providing an alternative that works for me.

This is working great! Thank you for this mod. I've used AFT for a LONG time and needed something different, came across this and it works beautifully! I love that my followers actually "move out of the way" when in tight areas, especially since I tend to go around with necromancer followers and their minions. Out of curiosity will you be adding an option to turn followers essential? ?

3 hours ago, Felgaru1313 said:

This is working great! Thank you for this mod. I've used AFT for a LONG time and needed something different, came across this and it works beautifully! I love that my followers actually "move out of the way" when in tight areas, especially since I tend to go around with necromancer followers and their minions. Out of curiosity will you be adding an option to turn followers essential? ?

I've had a couple of requests for that and I think, in general, it isn't destructive. I think that's a reasonable request. I left the follower quest as "Protected" because then you'd have people wanting it the other way - I do essential as the flag and they want the danger factor. It will likely be a non-imported follower option though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having script load issues (lag) and possibly a mod or script that conflicts.  Everything worked fine until next time I played.  Started the game, loaded the save where this had already been active and Lydia was nowhere to be found.  The summon follower feature didn't work either (the cool animation worked, but Lydia didn't appear).  I used console commands prid and moveto to bring her back to me.  NPC dialog options indicated she was still a follower, but she totally ignored follow/stay commands and was acting like she'd been dismissed.  When I dismissed and re-invited Lydia, it didn't show her name when it said it added her (the expected message was displayed, but no name was displayed, nor did Lydia behave like she was following me.  When I first started using the mod, Lyida was added to slot 5, I never saw that dialog again when I was trying to re-add her.

I like this mod, but I'm gonna have to remove it and return to EFF for one reason: if I start attacking civilians/guards or steal stuff that leads them to attacking me, my followers suddenly leave my service. I never had this happen (I don't think it happens in vanilla, but it's been a long time since I haven't used anything besides EFF).

36 minutes ago, eodx9000 said:

I like this mod, but I'm gonna have to remove it and return to EFF for one reason: if I start attacking civilians/guards or steal stuff that leads them to attacking me, my followers suddenly leave my service. I never had this happen (I don't think it happens in vanilla, but it's been a long time since I haven't used anything besides EFF).

In vanilla that happens based on the morality of the individual follower. I haven’t used EFF but maybe it removes that feature. 

3 hours ago, SpyVsPie said:

In vanilla that happens based on the morality of the individual follower. I haven’t used EFF but maybe it removes that feature. 

I see.

Then I move to suggest said feature.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From the highlights seems you addressed key issues that other follower mods failed to fix such as follower standing in the way, and attacking when PC is sneaking. Splendidly done, I'm only curious as to will it need patching with mods such as devious followers?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

@iggypop1

I literally  just downloaded this mod off the nexus a couple hours ago to check out and that was one of the things I had questions about too. The answer is both yes and no it lets you recruit some random none essential npcs ( guards and some towns people ) if you turn that option on in its mcm downside imo is that they have a purchase cost to them when using this option it does have options for min/max cost though. But still imo again f that I don't even pay for the mercs in the base game lol. So if you want a way around that like me down load this mod I will link below. It installs bat files so just who ever you want as a follower open console click on them and type bat setfriend or for a marriage option bat setmarry. Easier then entering those same lines in one at a time like the mod author suggested on his nexus page. Either way though for those that can't be recruited normally by this mod this will make them your ali and thus basically force recruiting them into this mods frame work. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9233/

Is there anyway to get the Adventurer Gear option from this mod and Sexlab to play nice when it comes to stripping armors for scenes? Currently with it enabled, Sexlab strips then NFF immediately puts it back on while scene is still starting up. I got around it by instead of using Adventure gear option trading them stuff vanilla stuff (I would like to trade some things with you). But I would like to make use of the option and the persistent gear option as well. As doing it the vanilla way creates naked and defaulted armor followers when I dismiss them. 

@TriggerHappyYesIam

I don't have issue in my game when a sexlab scene happens it strips them just fine and the redressing after the scene ends applies adventuring gear back with out issue. So what ever is going on I would guess is something in either this mods setting or sexlabs. Now I am not using the persistent gear option because I am using the mod "dress up lovers" so that follower change outfits when at the home location and when following me. So maybe the issue is the persistent gear option?

EDIT- 

Nvm I think I seen this as well now in my game, when it is PC involved scene every thing is fine but noticed this occurring with scenes involving followers that the PC isn't a part of. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Netherworks said:

Sorry it took me so long to get my shatner together and update this here. It took some added motivation at a big modding site to light a fire under me.

no worries :), btw when my archer goes into bleedout my followers go into sneak mode, is there a setting to disable this or tweak it? To alleviate this I turn off the stealth ai on activity page but then the fools run off after rabbits or wotnot. cheers ears.

2 hours ago, pinkfluf said:

no worries :), btw when my archer goes into bleedout my followers go into sneak mode, is there a setting to disable this or tweak it? To alleviate this I turn off the stealth ai on activity page but then the fools run off after rabbits or wotnot. cheers ears.

Not sure I'm understanding this correctly, but it's been "one of those days".

You have a follower that is an archer or you, the player, is an archer?

If you are playing a sneak type build, it can be hard to get your followers to act fully strategic. You can always use the command followers power to force them to attack an enemy you have targetted.

Thx for keeping this online and not just on your Patreon. :)

Been using it for quite a while now and yes ive seen the drama, so no comment on that, im just glad that it is still alive. :)

just one question: did anything change in this release to the 'old' 2.7.7. that vanished from that big site?

if not, good, coz then i have it already and are waiting for the next update.^^

38 minutes ago, Netherworks said:

You have a follower that is an archer or you, the player, is an archer?

lil ol me is the archer :)

ah ok i understand. for what it's worth NFF is a fantastic framework one i can't do without. thanks for all the work you put in

1 hour ago, onkalabonka said:

Thx for keeping this online and not just on your Patreon. :)

Been using it for quite a while now and yes ive seen the drama, so no comment on that, im just glad that it is still alive. :)

just one question: did anything change in this release to the 'old' 2.7.7. that vanished from that big site?

if not, good, coz then i have it already and are waiting for the next update.^^

Nothing changed, no I was planning some fixes. But this drama is distracting. Once the smoke clears a bit, I'll do a little update at least. Nothing tamriel shattering :) Yes, let's keep the drama off of this site, I think the admins would appreciate it. :D I just want to do my thing and I'm trying to keep it available so it is accessible.

42 minutes ago, pinkfluf said:

lil ol me is the archer :)

ah ok i understand. for what it's worth NFF is a fantastic framework one i can't do without. thanks for all the work you put in

I think you can turn on the combat awareness and still do a stealth playthrough with the enhanced stealth stuff. It's been a while since I looked at it but it should be that they don't attack until you do. I think with the defensive mode on they don't attack unless they get hit by something. Sorry, I usually play where I'm right up front with a sword like a crazy person :)

38 minutes ago, Netherworks said:

I think you can turn on the combat awareness and still do a stealth playthrough with the enhanced stealth stuff. It's been a while since I looked at it but it should be that they don't attack until you do. I think with the defensive mode on they don't attack unless they get hit by something. Sorry, I usually play where I'm right up front with a sword like a crazy person :)

Yup I have combat awareness, improved stealth ai and enhanced sneaking active. Just had my ass handed to me while commander bob just stood there alternating between crouching and standing everytime I came out of bleedout :( . I think my problem is I stealth attack with a bow once I get found out i.e eye indicator is open i should pop out of crouching but out of habit i stay crouching :( 

Does NFF check for a certain animation type for followers for like sneaking? Does it see a bleedout animation as sneaking? Sorry for so many questions and thanks!