No More Kids.

View File

No more kids.

Intro 

Basically, it adds a script to child actor to disable while the player is in the same cell as them.

It has a MCM to disable this for 100 seconds so you can do quests as needed.

It has an issue on load game when you change cell fast where it'll crash game (rare).

I made this as a part of Devious followers for clear reasons, so decided to make it, it's own mod cause of it's potential bug/mod incompatibilities.

Any problems let me know, I may continue work on this to make skyrim as kid free place as possible while making sure the main quests aren't lost.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/01/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

2 minutes ago, Lozeak said:

When I get more time I might delete all none quest relating children as well so this mod can be used as a way to avoid quest children when not doing their quests.

Wouldn't just changing the children NPCs into adults be a better solution?

Dialog basically, they would still have there dialogue. There was a mod that changes all the kids into dogs which I used for a while but it made skyrim werid.

I made this just so they can be no kids in skyrim and you can do the quests related to them. 

If I get more time I might delete all none quest kid then change quest kids so that there not children and are out the way and not have the script. Thing is I have other things, I want to do so now this solution will do.

I ended up making a private mod that replaces all the non-quest children with various domestic animals myself.

In real life children are wonderful and vital. In Skyrim they are just an immersion asset and were mostly annoying, rather fugly Village of the Damned looking little creeps I don't miss anyways. Might as well have them gone outright for all the inappropriate sex scenes in my build.

2 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

rather fugly Village of the Damned looking little creeps

Aren't they just? ? Instead of removing them I installed RSChildren, so they at least look like normal kids. I like having them around Skyrim for immersion, a world with no children would just be weird and off-putting.

I like the idea of them running away when something naughty happens. I think it's possible to do (and not that hard) for Sexlab, but I don't know if DF sends usable mod events when something happens.

30 minutes ago, Musje said:

Aren't they just? ? Instead of removing them I installed RSChildren, so they at least look like normal kids. I like having them around Skyrim for immersion, a world with no children would just be weird and off-putting.

I like the idea of them running away when something naughty happens. I think it's possible to do (and not that hard) for Sexlab, but I don't know if DF sends usable mod events when something happens.

Ah yes, I had a similar child overhaul mod I was using that made the kids not look like a bunch of cloned little mutants that might go children of the corn at any moment. Then I filled my game with smut and started to feel like Chris Hanson was just waiting to pop out of the bushes and make me have a seat so I decided to scrap the children outright, lol.

As far as immersion goes, well on that note where are the babies and teenagers? Do children pop out of the womb at age eight then skip over straight to their twenties in Skyrim? The children of Skyrim never really felt all that immersive to me to be honest. I mean they are there, in that one narrow age group. Not to mention it feels like Bethesda deliberately were goading the modding community to make killable children content. Making most of the children as annoying as possible in their comments while hiding behind their god armor. Makes it hard to view them as anything other than obnoxious, mindless cgi puppets you just want to silence one way or another instead of children.

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 6/1/2018 at 6:51 AM, FauxFurry said:

Donyaakiin child replacer and the Fjotra Follower mods basically do that.

I might be wrong, but doesn't the Dolls replacer do something to that effect? I haven't put it into Creation Kit to look under the hood so I wouldn't know for sure yet.

I really do not like the Dolls replacer, I just want straight up Adult NPCs around.

Would really want someone to just make a children to normal adults replacer, perhaps keeping just a few children for the essential quests.