How to un Knock-Out an NPC

You may have come across an issue with an NPC being unresponsive.   

Testing to see if the NPC is alive with the IsDead command, it turns out that the NPC is alive already, though you can access the NPC's inventory.  Using the 'GetKnockedState' test, you can see it is knocked out, either too fatigued or with a paralyze flag preventing its movement.  And running a test with the GetAV command to see if its NPC score is less than 1, yeah... the score is below 1.   In fact, while trying to use SetAV  to raise the Fatigue up to 100, a repeated test returns the Fatigue to a less-than-1 score.

Has anyone come across this issue?  

And has anyone SOLVED this issue?

Are you running MMM or FCOM? One of the features of MMM's wounding system is that an NPC can 'play dead'. Their fatigue is forced to a negative number for a duration. If the threat goes away, they should get up when your back is turned and you're a certain distance away from them.

If it's not that, you could try using ForceAV instead of ModAV (SetAV won't work) or, failing that, Resurrect 1.

EDIT:  Oh I  overlooked the "un".

So all below is useless:  Use Refscope to check items and spells ( including diseases). Check Endurance, Strength, Agility, and Willpower, all 0  = fatigue 0

--------------- do not read it ---------------------------

I use in my "fuck unconscious quests"

NPCRef.ModAV2 Fatigue -500

The NPC wake up after some time (The NPC restore the stamina himself)

You know/have BravilUnderground, then you know the recommended Mod
Budongs Narcolepsy Spell:  http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/9983/?

It's a target spell:

The time of unconscious is the spell duration. The -10000 fatigue should prevent that the target wake up before the end of the spell duration.

The script:

ref sleepTarget

Begin ScriptEffectStart

set sleepTarget to GetSelf
    sleepTarget.ModAV fatigue -10000
    sleepTarget.SetUnconscious 1

End

Begin ScriptEffectUpdate

End

Begin ScriptEffectFinish

sleepTarget.ModAV fatigue 10000
    sleepTarget.SetUnconscious 0

End

Or see the Slaver's Club (LoversSlaveTrader.esp)

It use the magic effect

PARA "Paralyze" [MGEF:00001887]

And the [LST] Special Skooma ( LoversSlaveTrader.esp)

me.AddSpell xLSTabKnockDown  ;  It also add the magic effect PARA "Paralyze" [MGEF:00001887]
    me.PushActorAway me 1

If the effect should not start immediately you add a item to reduce the fatigue . ( and remove it after some time or  fatigue is so far below zero that the NPC needs a few days to wake up again)
Like Brunos hands in LoversBitch.

A item with enchantment.
Type: Apparel
DGFA "Damage Fatigue" [MGEF:00001864]

Oh, I don't have any disease mods in play.  So far, I hadn't found any I liked.

This is what my resurrection magic effect script looks like.

Note that I have some code in there that lets you resurrect NPCs that are dead at game start.  It gives  the NPC health when it didn't exist, fatigue points if there weren't any, Eliminates both Unconscious and Restrained settings with applicable commands, and performs the Resurrect command.

OOPS!  Did I just resurrect the dead bodies lying around in Bravil Underground??? 

scn SinResurrect

ref myself

begin ScriptEffectStart

set myself to GetSelf

if myself.IsActor == 1
		if myself.GetAV Health <= 0
			myself.setAv Health 25
			printc "Target was made dead - Health fix"
		endif
		if myself.GetAV Fatigue <= 0
			myself.setAv Fatigue 100
			printc "Target was made dead - Fatigue fix"
		endif
		if myself.GetUnconscious == 1
			myself.SetUnconscious 0
			printc "Target was made Unconscious by script - Unconscious fix"
		endif
		if myself.GetRestrained == 1
			myself.SetRestrained 0
			printc "Target was restrained by script - Restrained fix"
		endif
		if myself.GetAV Paralysis > 0
			myself.setAv Paralysis 0
			printc "Target was made Paralyzed by script - Paralyzed fix"
		endif
	endif	

if (myself.GetDead == 1)
		myself.resurrect 1
	else 
		MessageBox "The target is already Alive!"
	endif

end

The Fatigue Fix console report keeps showing up on repeated uses.   This, on an Argonian Adventurer I enslaved (LST) before she was killed by the Gatekeeper at the Gates of Madness.  Still.... this looks like it should work.  It works on anything else.

--------------------------------

EDIT:

15 hours ago, Gaebrial said:

If it's not that, you could try using ForceAV instead of ModAV (SetAV won't work) or, failing that, Resurrect 1. 

Erm...   ForceAV  worked!   Thanks Gaebrial!  Stupid SetAV didn't do as it promised.   Man, that sucked.

Well, this script WORKS (as long as you replace SetAV  with ForceAV.  So you now have a new thing to play with.

And I have a topic you can close.  :D

Ohh....     This worked fine on the half eaten girls in Bravil no proiblem... even when I had the commands using SetAV.     Looks freaky weird using LoversTachiTac to make the two headless corpses make out.  :P  

But if you have super issues with un-revivable targets due to some glitch, you apparently DO need to force the issue.  ;)

Archived