Windows 10 Update (April Update) = FUCKED

cleavagesweat

Hey guys just wondering if anyone else is having gaming issues ever since the windows update recently, the one with the new edge browser. not sure if it hosed my gaming experience more in terms of network lag? its not graphical but more the connection ever since the update its been horrible. anyone else?

it is known it fucked with everything chrome based. so, chrome, vivaldi, discord, slack, anything else electron. there is a registry permissions hack that fixes it. something about cryptosrv stopping to look up https certs.

it is also known it just randomly stops dnsing shit at random. so it will maintain existing connections but not be able to make new ones. this is always extremely amusing to me as the computer i am remote desktoped into will be like "no internet" when im obviously using it over the internet.

it is also known the video drivers crash all the fucking time. you /will/ need to reinstall video drivers. most games didn't care, but then some stupid shit like obs and bodyslide was like "unsupported graphics" for some reason.

i jumped on insiders-fast just to get past that build.

39 minutes ago, darkconsole said:

it is also known the video drivers crash all the fucking time. you /will/ need to reinstall video drivers. most games didn't care, but then some stupid shit like obs and bodyslide was like "unsupported graphics" for some reason.

Are you using Nvidia because that was a known issue in their driver (v. 397.31) they had to fix with a hotfix release.

I've had no issues with the update except the privacy stuff changed to affect classic windows applications not just UWP crapware.

Does bricking your PC count as messing up gaming?

Feature Update 1803 last Friday took one of my computers down last Friday.

Boot disk was inaccessible. No was to roll back, no system checkpoint.

Had an absolutely miserable weekend. When Microsoft could not find my digital license - they wanted me to buy another license for the computer they broke.

Archived