Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

9 minutes ago, FercPolo said:

Oh damn, is this a Joy of Perspective problem at the root?  It's going to be hard to decide between literally my whole mod list and JoP.   The animation improvements for combat are immeasurable. 

I'll take any fix for the random CTD though, it was happening after shopping quest for me.  Then again at Nazeem, so must be the chains.

DDhotfix is built into DD 5.0 SE. Choose the 'no hdt options' using the "DD Framework HDT or NoHDT chains" bodyslide group.

Are you saying I could keep JoP with that setup?  Or am I misunderstanding?  I am currently running DD 5.0.7 SE and was encountering the crashes.

Removing JoP immediately stopped the CTD, I tested with Nazeem.  Prisoner Chains are applied but the physics are broken on the leg chains, as expected.   (Whats the fix?  Build the NoHDT chains in Bodyslide?)   I'm currently using DCL 8.4 and had tried 8.5 too, but it looks like JoP was absolutely the culprit for the prisoner chain crash for me.  Removing JoP left me with awful first person issues, but a new game will fix that.

Thanks for your time, I realize you're donating it!  Hugely appreciate you.

Edit:  Built the no HDT version, game still loads and the modified chains appear.  About to Reinstall JoP and test the no HDT chains with it and the Nazeem event.  Have to say though, the prisoner chain design is killer and I'll miss it.  If there's ever a fix for the physics I'd jump through the hoops for it.

Edit 2:  Yup, JoP works now once I changed the Prisoner Chains specifically to No HDT.  Kept HDT on all the others.  The Prisoner Chain model is amazing, but not worth tossing JoP in my case.  Thanks for the support, fam!  You solved my issue 100%!

12 minutes ago, FercPolo said:

Are you saying I could keep JoP with that setup?  Or am I misunderstanding?  I am currently running DD 5.0.7 SE and was encountering the crashes.

Removing JoP immediately stopped the CTD, I tested with Nazeem.  Prisoner Chains are applied but the physics are broken on the leg chains, as expected.   (Whats the fix?  Build the NoHDT chains in Bodyslide?)   I'm currently using DCL 8.4 and had tried 8.5 too, but it looks like JoP was absolutely the culprit for the prisoner chain crash for me.  Removing JoP left me with awful first person issues, but a new game will fix that.

And if I do "no hdt options" would I lose physics on the outfits too?

Thanks for your time, I realize you're donating it!  Hugely appreciate you.

yes, you should be able to keep JoP if you build the non-HDT chains. It will not remove hdt from the other outfits unless you build the no hdt versions of things like the bra and catsuit too. but those are there for user preference and not part of the hdt or no hdt chains group. From reports, it's just the chains causing the issue.

this is what is contained in the DD Framework HDT or NoHDT chains group:

image.png.76da9477abdfd9a46195b3dfceb8adcd.png

For the prisoner chains - the no hdt version builds an alternate mesh (the chain harness). Otherwise the chains not quite connecting are expected and due to the way SMP works vs PE. Unless someone has a genius moment and can rebuild them or improve my xmls, they're working as well as they can. Elsidia was able to improve the wrist chains which were broken worse just recently, that should be in 5.1 when it's out of beta. But the prisoner chains is the only chain with an alternate mesh. The non hdt for everything else mostly just removes the connecting chains.

prisoner chains hdt (yes, it looks a lot better in nifskope than in game)

image.png.c70cd55a87a70e3ec08b1b0bb0bff140.png

prisoner chains no hdt

image.png.c4c8835e607f884011094c73e923576b.png

Worked exactly as you say.  I now have the harness in place of prisoner chains.  Game is working again, including my original save which started me down this path.

That prisoner chain model, *chefs kiss*, so good.  Maybe I'll do a mage next play and care much less about anims so I can take out JoP.

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

I haven't run into any issue using DCL along with aroused creatures. what are the circumstances of the crash and why do you think it's  dcl and aroused creatures?

do you have a .net script framework crash log?

I do not know how to get a crashlog however I'll look into it, but I think it might be a dcl issue because whenever aroused creatures would activate on my character with dcl items equipped it would crash, however when I took everything off it stopped crashing as frequently

edit: Nevermind I was mistaken, I just needed to reinstall mnc and fnis creature packs

I actually have the quest Dominated. I have to obey every command from Leah.

I was assuming, they send me away for deliveries, earning money or cutting wood in the yard. But i don't get any duty to fulfill for her or anyone else. Did i run into a bug or is it just someone who give me certain "clothing restrictions"? she doesn't leave her place either. Just wandering from alchemist table / dining table or a nearby bench. 

Usually I don't run into many issues, or am able to figure out a solution by sometimes reading a lot.

The Mods seem to work out fine too.

But there is a tiny detail that bothers me a bit... And I am not really able to figure out the root of the problem.

It appears that a few items connected to DCL are straightaway invisible, I think it has only been 1 or 2 gags so far in which ran into this issue so far, and those 2 are Quest related (Leon/Leah and When send to that Prison) Otherwise all devices seem to work and show as intended - Invisible devices led me to think of Bodyslide but I have already run it with DCL (and usually make a whole Batch for every Item) 

Also, obviously the Gag works, is shown in the inventory and even the Mouth opens up ...

I am sure the fix could be fairly simple and I sure have overlooked something very obvious.

If anyone got an idea, I'd like to test it out

best regards 

Question - the OP in this thread puts forward some very negative connotations regarding Death Alternative without much in terms of details, so I'm kinda curious what major issues people have run into using DA and DCL together (aside from the obvious and easily avoidable conflict with DCL's combat surrender).

I'm asking because I've been using DCL, DA, and SL Defeat together for a long while to enable varying defeat conditions and thresholds, and I've never run into any overt issues - it's all been working the way I want... though if there's some kind of ticking timebomb here that I'm not aware of, I'd be interested to know what it is.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:01 AM, NealOne said:

Usually I don't run into many issues, or am able to figure out a solution by sometimes reading a lot.

The Mods seem to work out fine too.

But there is a tiny detail that bothers me a bit... And I am not really able to figure out the root of the problem.

It appears that a few items connected to DCL are straightaway invisible, I think it has only been 1 or 2 gags so far in which ran into this issue so far, and those 2 are Quest related (Leon/Leah and When send to that Prison) Otherwise all devices seem to work and show as intended - Invisible devices led me to think of Bodyslide but I have already run it with DCL (and usually make a whole Batch for every Item) 

Also, obviously the Gag works, is shown in the inventory and even the Mouth opens up ...

I am sure the fix could be fairly simple and I sure have overlooked something very obvious.

If anyone got an idea, I'd like to test it out

best regards 

It's a DD for Him issue. Try the 5.1 beta, you can just delete the mesh folder in the archive (it's just HDT PE xmls) and overwrite DD 5.0 with it. Or just try the ESMs attached to the post.

5 hours ago, noctred said:

Question - the OP in this thread puts forward some very negative connotations regarding Death Alternative without much in terms of details, so I'm kinda curious what major issues people have run into using DA and DCL together (aside from the obvious and easily avoidable conflict with DCL's combat surrender).

I'm asking because I've been using DCL, DA, and SL Defeat together for a long while to enable varying defeat conditions and thresholds, and I've never run into any overt issues - it's all been working the way I want... though if there's some kind of ticking timebomb here that I'm not aware of, I'd be interested to know what it is.

The OP is the mod author and DCL has a lighter weight system implemented in DCL that does some of the same things as DA. So you can save a few mod slots by not using DA/Defeat and just using DCL's system. 

If you prefer not to, DA/Defeat and DCL works, you just need to have DCL's combat surrender (i think it's that one) disabled. If you installed DA and DCL, DCL should have it off by default.

You can find info on 'why' in the LE thread.
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=3065242

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=1647425

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=1661921

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=1239366

Edit: I personally haven't seen issues with it, but i'm at the point where some things need to go so i'm considering getting rid of DA

39 minutes ago, zarantha said:

The OP is the mod author and DCL has a lighter weight system implemented in DCL that does some of the same things as DA. So you can save a few mod slots by not using DA/Defeat and just using DCL's system. 

If you prefer not to, DA/Defeat and DCL works, you just need to have DCL's combat surrender (i think it's that one) disabled. If you installed DA and DCL, DCL should have it off by default.

You can find info on 'why' in the LE thread.
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=3065242

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=1647425

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=1661921

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=1239366

Edit: I personally haven't seen issues with it, but i'm at the point where some things need to go so i'm considering getting rid of DA

Thanks.

Yeah, the combat surrender conflict is a given and I have that disabled in DCL as I find the DA/Defeat combo offers much more granular control over trigger conditions and outcomes. I just wasn't sure if there was something else to be wary of - sounds like probably not aside from potential performance issues on DA's end, which I've yet to experience. Most of those comments are quite old so maybe whatever issues DA used to have were since resolved.

hi i am playing on sse i have and completed my time prison and i have ran into a big problem on release one of the prison guards is attacking everyone in whiterun killing everyone since no one can kill him (essential status) is there away to fix this issue please, i have the sexlab attraction mod as well i did reply to him to have sex in the attraction mod just to get rid of him but the dialog options never appeared , when i talked to him i got the dammer (sorry spelt that wrong ) prison dialog only came up could that be messing things up?

4 hours ago, woodie99 said:

hi i am playing on sse i have and completed my time prison and i have ran into a big problem on release one of the prison guards is attacking everyone in whiterun killing everyone since no one can kill him (essential status) is there away to fix this issue please, i have the sexlab attraction mod as well i did reply to him to have sex in the attraction mod just to get rid of him but the dialog options never appeared , when i talked to him i got the dammer (sorry spelt that wrong ) prison dialog only came up could that be messing things up?

What version of DCL are you using? Did you load a save game from before the issue and try again?

When talking to NPCs, don't speed through the dialog, just let it proceed at it's own pace.

You might need to try testing with DCL and it's requirements only to be sure you don't have another mod changing the NPCs.

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

What version of DCL are you using? Did you load a save game from before the issue and try again?

When talking to NPCs, don't speed through the dialog, just let it proceed at it's own pace.

You might need to try testing with DCL and it's requirements only to be sure you don't have another mod changing the NPCs.

the latest verison and and sorry it was sexlab approached (the mod when a npc can ask for sex but you have the option to say no )not attraction mod sorry about that and naked dungeons 

7 minutes ago, Jgoftl said:

Oh, so it's only available for LE. Not utilizing CAO. My computer blocks it as a possible threat.

Officially for SE as i understand will be stable DCL 9.0 exiting from beta stage.

Strange. Comodo Internet Security premium not threat as possible threat. Also in Comodo you can make a exclusion, if this demand it.

23 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Officially for SE as i understand will be stable DCL 9.0 exiting from beta stage.

Strange. Comodo Internet Security premium not threat as possible threat. Also in Comodo you can make a exclusion, if this demand it.

So apparently I was wrong about CAO being blocked. Where do I find 9.0 BETA 2?

I have a problem with the damsel in distress quest: I am appartently able to unequip (I just click and it unquips) the corset as soon as I struggle free of the initial minigame, thus breaking the subsequent quest stages - I can't unequip the chastity belt as it requires the corset first, and even if in my inventory is effctively unequipped it is registered as equipped by the mod. I am using DD 5.0 (with the 5.1 patch, but the same problem persists with 5.0) and DCL 8.5. Has anyone faced the same issue? I tried removing all mods besides the requirements and the problem persists, and everything else seems to be working like it should (admittely, I did not try to activate "complex" quests like the bound queen or similar, but all standard events trigger and proceed the way they should)

If it does not work not a huge issue, this is just a test character, so no progress lost