About This File
A simple mod that replaces the all too common restore health/magicka/stamina potions found all over the game with potions that give the player a small, borderline worthless, boost in experience to a random skill.
This was a mod I made for my personal use I decided to share for the heck of it. I felt the rather spammed occurrence of healing potions made the game a little too easy. Especially if you are like me a prefer to make the game more difficult in manners other that the default, rather lazily setup "everything kills you in two hits" vanilla higher difficulties. I wanted to replace the potions with something that wasn't particularly useful but would still be desirable enough to be something the player would want to pick up. This seemed like a good solution without playing into some other mechanic that is too easily broken already (such as turning them into money items for example: it is too easy to farm gold in Skyrim already).
- Using one of the new potions will give a very small experience boost to a random skill of any type, regardless of the potion's color. The potions all also have a 1/18 chance to give a permanent +1 boost to your maximum health/magicka/stamina, depending on the potions color.
- This mod does not effect fortify or recovery rate potions. They are much rarer and not quite as directly useful as the restore potions.
- This mod does not effect restore potions crafted through alchemy. I feel like that was more of a specialized skill rather than just finding massive amounts of restore potions just lying around the game world everywhere.
- The potions function as their vanilla restore effects when an NPC uses them, so this mod will not nerf enemy NPCs carrying restore potions.
- The new potions are keyworded as "VendorNoSale" so alchemy/general shops will not sell them to you. No pay-to-win exp here. You can still steal any of the potions on display in towns though.
REQUIRED OTHER MODS:
- None🙂 Not even any of the official expansions. Just vanilla Skyrim. Well maybe SKSE but can't remember.
WHY IS THERE A WIZARD ON ALL THE BOTTLE LABELS?:
That's actually The Apprentice standing stone symbol. I thought it was fitting to the concept. Plus this mod was something of a personal rush job so just call me lazy😛
WHY NOT MAKE EACH COLOR POTIONS ONLY RANDOMLY BOOST SKILLS OF ONE STYLE? (Warrior, Thief, Mage skills):
Mainly because the red (health) potions tend to be far more common than blue (magicka) or green (stamina) potions. That would heavily shift this mod in favor of warrior builds for what little it would be worth. So I decide to make the RNG completely even, with the rare +1 stat boost being the only thing unique about the colors.
WILL IT WORK ON SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION?:
Maybe. I'm not able to test it. Can't think of any reason it wouldn't as long as you have the SE SKSE.
- Just me this time.