Jump to content

The Pale Collector (part 3 of 3)


Devianna

1,409 views

1908151208_PC3Cover.jpg.a0b9998c8d8253534c720075fc5214dd.jpg

 

Hello, dear readers.

Part 3 of the Pale Collector is ready! And the story is complete! And it only took 3 weeks! It must be a Saturalia miracle!!! ?

Thank you for all your warm comments and support. I hope you enjoy the conclusion of Sophie's little tale. ?


 

Spoiler

 

PC3-Sc-0.jpg

PC3-Sc-1.jpg

PC3-Sc-2.jpg

PC3-Sc-3.jpg

PC3-Sc-4.jpg

PC3-Sc-5.jpg

PC3-Sc-6.jpg

PC3-Sc-7.jpg

PC3-Sc-8.jpg

PC3-Sc-9.jpg

PC3-Sc-10.jpg

[/img]

 


 

Spoiler

 

PC3-Sc-11.jpg

PC3-Sc-12.jpg

PC3-Sc-13.jpg

PC3-Sc-14.jpg

PC3-Sc-15.jpg

PC3-Sc-16.jpg

PC3-Sc-17.jpg

PC3-Sc-18.jpg

PC3-Sc-19.jpg

PC3-Sc-20.jpg

PC3-Sc-21.jpg

PC3-Sc-22.jpg

PC3-Sc-23.jpg

PC3-Sc-24.jpg

PC3-Sc-25.jpg

PC3-Sc-26.jpg

PC3-Sc-27.jpg

PC3-Sc-28.jpg

PC3-Sc-29.jpg

PC3-Sc-30.jpg

PC3-Sc-31.jpg

PC3-Sc-32.jpg

PC3-Sc-33.jpg

PC3-Sc-34.jpg

PC3-Sc-35.jpg

[/img]

 


 

Spoiler

 

PC3-Sc-36.jpg

PC3-Sc-37.jpg

PC3-Sc-38.jpg

PC3-Sc-39.jpg

PC3-Sc-40.jpg

PC3-Sc-41.jpg

PC3-Sc-42.jpg

PC3-Sc-43.jpg

PC3-Sc-44.jpg

PC3-Sc-45.jpg

PC3-Sc-46.jpg

PC3-Sc-47.jpg

PC3-Sc-48.jpg

PC3-Sc-49.jpg

PC3-Sc-50.jpg

PC3-Sc-51.jpg

PC3-Sc-52.jpg

PC3-Sc-53.jpg

PC3-Sc-54.jpg

PC3-Sc-55.jpg

PC3-Sc-56.jpg

PC3-Sc-57.jpg

PC3-Sc-58.jpg

PC3-Sc-59.jpg

PC3-Sc-60.jpg

PC3-Sc-61.jpg

PC3-Sc-62.jpg

PC3-Sc-63.jpg

PC3-Sc-64.jpg

PC3-Sc-65.jpg

PC3-Sc-66.jpg

PC3-Sc-67.jpg

PC3-Sc-68.jpg

PC3-Sc-69.jpg

PC3-Sc-70.jpg

PC3-Sc-71.jpg

PC3-Sc-72.jpg

PC3-Sc-73.jpg

[/img]

 


 

Spoiler

 

PC3-Sc-74.jpg

PC3-Sc-75.jpg

PC3-Sc-76.jpg

PC3-Sc-77.jpg

PC3-Sc-78.jpg

PC3-Sc-79.jpg

PC3-Sc-80.jpg

PC3-Sc-81.jpg

PC3-Sc-82.jpg

PC3-Sc-83.jpg

PC3-Sc-84.jpg

PC3-Sc-85.jpg

PC3-Sc-86.jpg

[/img]

 

EPILOGUE

Spoiler

 

PC3-Sc-87.jpg

PC3-Sc-88.jpg

PC3-Sc-89.jpg

PC3-Sc-90.jpg

[/img]

 

 

12 Comments


Recommended Comments

Great last chapter of your pale Collector story. 

The ending is really interesting, are you going to do a follow up story where we learn more about the deadric (?) girl in the end? (At least she wields something like a staff of Molag Bal or so... I like her design) .

Also great job with the effects/magic. It's always super hard to do. Her blue-red skin, as that some kind of shader or a texture?

Anyway, looking forward to your next story. :) 

Link to comment

That was an interesting chapter and an ending for a rather bloody story.

 

Her Daedric form was quite menacing and deadly ?, no wonder she was that confident and uncaring about the capturing part.

 

Deals with Dibella ohhh dear, that was funny, I didn't knew Dibella do things like that ?

 

Gwynolda would be certainly suprised by that haha.

 

Great work for the entire storyline ?

 

24 minutes ago, Alter Native said:

 

The ending is really interesting, are you going to do a follow up story where we learn more about the deadric (?) girl in the end? (At least she wields something like a staff of Molag Bal or so... I like her design) .

 

Thats the Staff of Vaermina from the vanilla game.

 

 

She is undoubtly her champion.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Alter Native said:

Great last chapter of your pale Collector story. 

The ending is really interesting, are you going to do a follow up story where we learn more about the deadric (?) girl in the end? (At least she wields something like a staff of Molag Bal or so... I like her design) .

Also great job with the effects/magic. It's always super hard to do. Her blue-red skin, as that some kind of shader or a texture?

Anyway, looking forward to your next story. :) 

Thank you for the kind words, Alter. ?

All of my effects/magic stem from improvisation (as usual ?).  Sophie's daedric skin is ebony glow effect mixed with some enb tweaking, while the lightning force push is a use of duplicating player character + spell casting + a whole lot of tfc1 to capture the right moment.

 

@Resdayn guessed correctly about the nature of the mysterious girl in the epilogue. She is indeed the Blackguard of Vaermina and she's holding the Skull of Corruption staff from the vanilla game. I have some ideas about her and another adventure for Sophie that's why I included her in the end.  So maybe we'll see a new tale soon. ?

 

3 hours ago, Resdayn said:

That was an interesting chapter and an ending for a rather bloody story.

 

Her Daedric form was quite menacing and deadly ?, no wonder she was that confident and uncaring about the capturing part.

 

Deals with Dibella ohhh dear, that was funny, I didn't knew Dibella do things like that ?

 

Gwynolda would be certainly suprised by that haha.

 

Great work for the entire storyline ?

 

Thats the Staff of Vaermina from the vanilla game.

 

 

She is undoubtly her champion.

Thank you for the comment, Res. ?

 

Sophie's story really is much more action packed and more bloody than my usual tales. But then again, the Pale Collector is also very different from my other characters as well. ? She is not invincible but she is definitely very strong when she channels her daedric power. To give her some credit, she did try to resolve the situation peacefully. But if people insist on preventing her from completing her assignment - heads will roll (and necks will be broken).

 

Dibella cannot directly remove an artifact which was bestowed by a Daedric Prince, but she can manipulate the physical aspects so that artifact is no longer valid. ? The life of Lord...er...Lady Rekcus will certainly change quite a lot now, but that's what he gets for messing with the Daedra Lords. Plus he did say that he's willing to do 'anything'. He really should've been more careful with his choice of words. ?

 

I'm happy you recognized the staff that the mystery girl was holding. After all, Sophie did wipe out a whole hideout of Vaermina's worshipers. It stands to reason that there might be consequences for it and perhaps we'll even see them at some point. ? Glad you enjoyed this tale. ?

Link to comment
59 minutes ago, Devianna said:

 

 

Thank you for the comment, Res. ?

 

 

Sophie's story really is much more action packed and more bloody than my usual tales. But then again, the Pale Collector is also very different from my other characters as well. ? She is not invincible but she is definitely very strong when she channels her daedric power. To give her some credit, she did try to resolve the situation peacefully. But if people insist on preventing her from completing her assignment - heads will roll (and necks will be broken).

 

Dibella cannot directly remove an artifact which was bestowed by a Daedric Prince, but she can manipulate the physical aspects so that artifact is no longer valid. ? The life of Lord...er...Lady Rekcus will certainly change quite a lot now, but that's what he gets for messing with the Daedra Lords. Plus he did say that he's willing to do 'anything'. He really should've been more careful with his choice of words. ?

 

I'm happy you recognized the staff that the mystery girl was holding. After all, Sophie did wipe out a whole hideout of Vaermina's worshipers. It stands to reason that there might be consequences for it and perhaps we'll even see them at some point. ? Glad you enjoyed this tale. ?

She is certainly different, Trinn had her far share of kills as well, but two character has different set of aligment in the evil.

 

Sophie is closer to the fallen paladin Gwynolda. ?

 

Make sense, she always bargain before use violence, fitting for the champion of Clavius, as well channeling Daedric powers too. It was suprisingly, but make sense, champions of the princes have unnatural abilities.

 

Look at the Nerevarine, Molag Bal champions tend to be vampires or Mankar Camoran from Dagon. Sure I was suprised, but actually should expect she is way more stronger then she looks.

 

Dibella gender change was certainly for me the most interesting part haha, that was certainly something, poor Gwynolda now jealous, cause her goddess talk with others haha.

 

Staff of Vaermina is certainly a good looking weapon, but her cultist was stupid haha.

 

Lady of nightmares reveals from torturing people with dreams, she not need souls, if she can claim them via dreams. 

Link to comment

shocked chris tucker GIFDamn! Thats cool!  
I like how you connected characters from the seemingly secondary history of her past to the present. 
It is a pity that we did not see Sophie and Victor in close combat, but still as it was already noted - magical effects are on top! Great job!
And this effect of transformation into "beyond super Saiyan Sophie" was just as badass as possible ^_^ And yea... cute horns ^_^ Does that mean that she's becom horny? ^_^
Beside I must say that the decision with which Dibella resolved the situation was uniquely elegant and instructive.

Moreover like a cherry on top, we have another cute girl, serving some bad Daedric creature. I guess this becoming popular ^_^
Great job, Devianna ^_^ You know, I just love whole this "Pale Collector" arc.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Resdayn said:

She is certainly different, Trinn had her far share of kills as well, but two character has different set of aligment in the evil.

 

Sophie is closer to the fallen paladin Gwynolda. ?

 

Make sense, she always bargain before use violence, fitting for the champion of Clavius, as well channeling Daedric powers too. It was suprisingly, but make sense, champions of the princes have unnatural abilities.

 

Look at the Nerevarine, Molag Bal champions tend to be vampires or Mankar Camoran from Dagon. Sure I was suprised, but actually should expect she is way more stronger then she looks.

 

Dibella gender change was certainly for me the most interesting part haha, that was certainly something, poor Gwynolda now jealous, cause her goddess talk with others haha.

 

Staff of Vaermina is certainly a good looking weapon, but her cultist was stupid haha.

 

Lady of nightmares reveals from torturing people with dreams, she not need souls, if she can claim them via dreams. 

Sophie really is close to Gwynolda in her strict adherence to the code of her Dark Patron, however she has absolutely no problems with being who she is. Sophie knows that she's the "bad guy" and she's fine with it.

 

The mysterious Blackguard girl definitely takes after her Patron in terms of psychological terror and insanity. Let's just remember that it was Sheogorath who taught Vaermina the importance of madness in dreams. Which makes her champion a really...interesting... character. ?

 

2 hours ago, Crw said:

shocked chris tucker GIFDamn! Thats cool!  
I like how you connected characters from the seemingly secondary history of her past to the present. 
It is a pity that we did not see Sophie and Victor in close combat, but still as it was already noted - magical effects are on top! Great job!
And this effect of transformation into "beyond super Saiyan Sophie" was just as badass as possible ^_^ And yea... cute horns ^_^ Does that mean that she's becom horny? ^_^
Beside I must say that the decision with which Dibella resolved the situation was uniquely elegant and instructive.

Moreover like a cherry on top, we have another cute girl, serving some bad Daedric creature. I guess this becoming popular ^_^
Great job, Devianna ^_^ You know, I just love whole this "Pale Collector" arc.

That gif is great! ?

I'm glad you caught onto the connection between Sophie's past and poor Doran. That was the exact reason to include that humorous, sexy and slightly terrifying scene of Sophie and the bards in the last entry. ☺️

I agree, the horns are just so cute! The Pale Collector is just the sweetest, most adorable, cold-blooded killer. ? And yeah, she is a bit horny (in ever sense of the word) but there's that whole thing of her partners turning into little smoking piles after she's done with them. :classic_angel:

I liked the resolution with Dibella as well. It seemed fitting and also pointed out that deals with any powerful supernatural beings usually come back and bite the mortals in their behinds. At least Lord Rekcus ended up being a rather pretty girl, so that's probably a small consolation. ?

 

Thank you for the kind words, Crw. I had a lot of fun writing the Pale Collector story and I might return to it at some point. ?

 

Link to comment

Pale Collector took care of business!  It's funny, she understands villain tropes so well she almost breaks the fourth wall.  I love her super demora form!

 

I was wondering how you were going to get Sucker, Reckus out of his situation!  I wasn't expecting sex change... My thought was shrinkage or vigorous tugging!  

 

Can't wait to see Sophie again!  

Link to comment
5 hours ago, djregs said:

Pale Collector took care of business!  It's funny, she understands villain tropes so well she almost breaks the fourth wall.  I love her super demora form!

 

I was wondering how you were going to get Sucker, Reckus out of his situation!  I wasn't expecting sex change... My thought was shrinkage or vigorous tugging!  

 

Can't wait to see Sophie again!  

Yes! Finally! Someone mentioned the true meaning behind his name. ? Poor Lord Rekcus - his fate was sealed the moment I named him.

 

Sophie really does get close to breaking the 4th wall ( after all, she periodically just narrates her own story). But in the case with villain tropes she actually has an excuse. She is evil herself (lawful evil). She deals mostly with bad guys (and not overly bright mortals). She knows how they think, act, and so on. After all - there's only that many "evil overlord speeches" that one can listen to before you learn them by heart. ?

 

I like your tugging scenario! But it would most definitely result in an explosive situation which would cause quite a mess. ?

I'm glad to you liked this story. Sophie will probably return at a later date. ?

 

6 hours ago, Jayomms said:

:):heart:it! Great Yob! :wink::thumbsup: and:wine:Cheers!

Thank you, Jayomms! Glad you like it.  And Happy Holidays! ??

 

4 hours ago, Forshare said:

It was funny how fast Doran forgot about all the bards turning to ash when Sophie got up close to him ? She didn’t actually threaten him directly so I feel like part of it at least was her charm on him. When she got really close he was like “you can turn me to ash if you want babe, sign me up!” Also Rekcus is cute now too?


Anyway good work and hope to see more?

 

Hehehe, you have a good eye, Forshare. ? Sophie has a way with people where she manages to be both charming and threatening at the same time. Plus she has that face that even I as her author sometimes stare at it forgetting what on Earth I was planning to do.


 

Spoiler

 

1561616421_Sophielooking.jpg.bd8dd46c8db20939896253ea276a3937.jpg

 

 

I don't think Doran was processing things on higher level when she got close to him (plus he did see her without clothing those years ago :classic_blush:)

 

Thank you! ? Since so many people seem to like the Pale Collector, looks like I'll have to do another story in the future.

Link to comment

A worthy conclusion for the Pale Collector triptych !  I can see but improvement with this series : 

  • On a technical side, the aesthetics of your screens are more and more exceedingly good, with colors, lighting and compositions which forces more and more contemplation. The choice of the outfits, the poses and the backgrounds do create some really nice visuals, which the expressions and poses are still as immersive as ever. Special mention to the special effects in that episode, with the glowing eyes and the (modded ?) ebony flesh spell transformation giving a particularly badass aspect to Clavicus Vile's champion.
  • On the story side, lots of humor from the start till the end, but with higher level of actions, which gives a quite entertaining overall mix. The narration is well brought most of the time, and there are a healthy amount of twists. Now there are some moments where the narratives lacked some steps (you don't see the trap hitting, you don't see the shackles removal), but the reader still quickly grasps everything. And you made use of the occasion, not only for some fanservice displays, but also to showcase the wrath of a daedrical champion in action, so even more entertainment. Compliments on the thoughts of Sophie about the antagonists behaviour, it was a fun one as well. You dodged the gruesome ring removal scene in a rather nice manner in the end though, reminding us this is still a Devianna story after all. ^^

Anyway, it seems you like creating characters designs quite a lot, so awaiting for the confrontations with the others daedric champions.. Great read ! :D?

 

Malicia : « That Sophie gal looks very strong, and very pretty, yes. Maybe she was a redhead before her hair turned white, uh. million_dollar_baby.gif

 

               And I'm never gonna ask anything to that Dibella artist, no. :classic_excl: »

 

Link to comment
On 12/27/2019 at 8:14 AM, Tirloque said:

A worthy conclusion for the Pale Collector triptych !  I can see but improvement with this series : 

  • On a technical side, the aesthetics of your screens are more and more exceedingly good, with colors, lighting and compositions which forces more and more contemplation. The choice of the outfits, the poses and the backgrounds do create some really nice visuals, which the expressions and poses are still as immersive as ever. Special mention to the special effects in that episode, with the glowing eyes and the (modded ?) ebony flesh spell transformation giving a particularly badass aspect to Clavicus Vile's champion.
  • On the story side, lots of humor from the start till the end, but with higher level of actions, which gives a quite entertaining overall mix. The narration is well brought most of the time, and there are a healthy amount of twists. Now there are some moments where the narratives lacked some steps (you don't see the trap hitting, you don't see the shackles removal), but the reader still quickly grasps everything. And you made use of the occasion, not only for some fanservice displays, but also to showcase the wrath of a daedrical champion in action, so even more entertainment. Compliments on the thoughts of Sophie about the antagonists behaviour, it was a fun one as well. You dodged the gruesome ring removal scene in a rather nice manner in the end though, reminding us this is still a Devianna story after all. ^^

Anyway, it seems you like creating characters designs quite a lot, so awaiting for the confrontations with the others daedric champions.. Great read ! :D?

 

Malicia : « That Sophie gal looks very strong, and very pretty, yes. Maybe she was a redhead before her hair turned white, uh. million_dollar_baby.gif

 

               And I'm never gonna ask anything to that Dibella artist, no. :classic_excl: »

 

Thank you for all the praise, Tirloque! I'm glad you enjoyed this story. :classic_blush:

 

As you know, I mostly concentrate on the dialogue aspects of my comics first and the visuals second. But I wanted the pretty effects so I ended up spending ungodly amount of time tweaking and experimenting for this episode. ?

 

You're right, I kind of did miss the trap springing and the shackle removal scenes. They were planned but I was a bit on a tight schedule and was really trying to finish up this episode, so I had to cut some content. The trap was supposed to be the miasma that you can see in the tower during the vanilla "waking nightmare" quest, but I couldn't quite figure out how to get that effect (and my photoshop skills are nonexistent). As for shackles, actually Sophie simply rips them from the wall and I planned for her to walk over to the mage with the shackles still hanging from one of her hands. I guess I'll just leave it up to reader's imagination now. :classic_ph34r:

 

This story has higher mortality rate than any of my other works, but I guess it's still a "Devianna story", eh? ? As for other daedric champions, the new adventure is already in the planning stages. :classic_angel:

 

Author: Dear Malicia, Sophie's white hair is the result of the daedric magic that she is using but had she grown up in the normal, human family it's quite possible her hair color would be somewhat auburn or red. ?

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...