Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CBBE / BodySlide and Outfit Studio

BodySlide Outfit Studio Outfit Studio Body ousnius Caliente CBBE

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

zzz72w3r

zzz72w3r

Mega Poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Spoiler

Mostly we want a new base shape because the old one looks horrible and has too big breasts. :P

This.  Well, not the size of the breasts :D   Oh and those Skyrim forearms...

Since old CBBE and UUNP will still be working in SSE, please just go for it and don't worry about shape compatibility.  Personally I would love to see CBBE3 to finally challenge a certain infamous Daz3D port in "quality"...

TheCaptn

TheCaptn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
This time around I'm just going to wait until there's a single All-In-One package with HDT and vagina, to use with SAM and 0Sex... But I can be patient. I find that sex enhances the gameplay for me but it's not really a necessity, and I still have my Legendary Edition install overloaded with mods in case I want to go back.

Cyberbitch

Cyberbitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Good infos :)

Knaeggchen

Knaeggchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

It's best to have a single Body Type with enough sliders to emulate whatever you wish to have. It's really annoying with how there are things for UUNP or CBBE and you either need to manually convert them or just live with it.

Also, while UUNP was a nice idea, the amount of sliders which you most porbably will never use (there are so many body types in there, i have never heard of oO) just adds needless extra work to make high quality bodyslide files.

LavaCreeper

LavaCreeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Thanks for the information, much appreciated ! I've read a few of the comments, I must say that a unified body would be a dream becoming reality for me. No need for conversions anymore, only Bodyslide files adaptable to whichever body preset the user prefers.

Kingslayer101

Kingslayer101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Thanks for the info!

chinditz

chinditz

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

This is good news, Thank you!

astor

astor

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Be still my beating heart.  I can hardly wait.  :)

DomDate

DomDate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Is Caliente familiar with DAZ Studio? They have a base model which can be male or female depending on how the sliders are manipulated. This would be a great option because all future clothing etc. could be applied male or female, and it would allow a smaller footprint in used resources. SOS could take care of the need for a dong when playing as a male. For all the players who enjoy mods that allow them to switch sex, it also simplifies things.

CPU

CPU

Addicted modder and helper

• Moderators
  • 7,432 posts

Is Caliente familiar with DAZ Studio? They have a base model which can be male or female depending on how the sliders are manipulated. This would be a great option because all future clothing etc. could be applied male or female, and it would allow a smaller footprint in used resources. SOS could take care of the need for a dong when playing as a male. For all the players who enjoy mods that allow them to switch sex, it also simplifies things.

The game engine does not allow that.

Bodies of males and females are different files.

No way to have a "slider" for the gender.

BBIntern

BBIntern

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Wouldn't a tick box solve that? If you tick male it gets saved as a male body, if you tick female... You get the point.

CPU

CPU

• Moderators
  • 7,432 posts

Actually, the thing I would really like will be the ability to have a Caliente body for males also. Including a mesh for penises.

DomDate

DomDate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I'm aware of that, of course. ;) I do not play as a male, but I *think* I remember that they had the same breakdown in parts, but named differently. The most direct application of my suggestion would simply be to drop the same parts in the appropriate folders with the correct name for each. It would still allow for a great reduction in resources as peripherals such as clothing could then be the same but zap-able. 

I may be way off base. My strength lies in human form as I've been a 2D artist for thirty years and have created many medical and artist references - however I have only basic 3D modeling experience and obsolete coding knowledge.

ousnius

ousnius

was cell

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

The way male meshes work in Skyrim, having one for both isn't really viable.

You would have to change the UV, textures and more. At that point you can just create a separate proper male body mod.

Also the sliders would be bloated for people that aren't interested in the other half.

DomDate

DomDate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

The way male meshes work in Skyrim, having one for both isn't really viable.

You would have to change the UV, textures and more. At that point you can just create a separate proper male body mod.

Also the sliders would be bloated for people that aren't interested in the other half.

*Ding* - That was my brain finally remembering the limitation you described. Drat, but you're right. Makes me wonder how DAZ pulls it off.

Thanks for the clarity. I will just cross my fingers that the new meshes will allow me to essentially flatten the breasts to the chest wall. Both of my previous wives were between 80 and 100 lbs. Small hips and barely-breasts. My personal taste (uncommon, I know).

Cheers. :)

Silvist

Silvist

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

@Domdate - Its been a while since I used Daz, and I'm not sure what has exactly changed in terms of quality...but..

Even the base Genesis models of both male and female are insanely high poly counts (And i'm talking the "free" models given with the software).  They are easily 40k polys lol.  Victoria 4 which i used for quite a number of years is like 90k polys :D

I've actually successfully exported the models to 3ds max, and it actually lags the heck out of 3ds max because of the high poly count.  Why does this matter?  The more polygons you have to work with, the smoother the mesh shapes.  

If it wasn't for Skyrim's limitations I would be going crazy with the msmooth command :D (sort of joking @_@)

DarkAuron

DarkAuron

Demon Breed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

I used mostly UNPB BBP Body with hd physiks from MrTroubleMaker in the old Skyrim and was allways happy with it, but i only see this thread doing some work for the new skyrim for now.

But as far as i understand, the UUNP Bodyslide has an option with just normal UNPB in it, right? And normaly all the unpb armors can fit the uunp body? (in the old skyrim)

So can old armor mods just be slamed into the new skyrim? or did the need to be edited and reworked?

Beagle2

Beagle2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

This are better news than the news about a Skyrim Remaster

ousnius

ousnius

was cell

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

I used mostly UNPB BBP Body with hd physiks from MrTroubleMaker in the old Skyrim and was allways happy with it, but i only see this thread doing some work for the new skyrim for now.

But as far as i understand, the UUNP Bodyslide has an option with just normal UNPB in it, right? And normaly all the unpb armors can fit the uunp body? (in the old skyrim)

So can old armor mods just be slamed into the new skyrim? or did the need to be edited and reworked?

You can already install UNP/UNPB and outfits into the new game and it'll work just fine. This is just for new and coming bodies or new outfits being created.

They need to be without BBP/TBBP/HDT though, or they'll crash the game until XPMSE is released.

CPU

CPU

• Moderators
  • 7,432 posts

You can already install UNP/UNPB and outfits into the new game and it'll work just fine. This is just for new and coming bodies or new outfits being created.

They need to be without BBP/TBBP/HDT though, or they'll crash the game until XPMSE is released.

The version of XPMSE inside the installation folder "07 XPMSE3" works with SSE.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BodySlide, Outfit Studio, Outfit, Studio, Body, ousnius, Caliente, CBBE