• Prettier Female Thalmor
  • Prettier Thieves
  • Prettier Adventurers
  • Prettier Vigilants
  • Prettier Stormcloaks
  • Prettier Forsworn
  • Unique Bosses

Q: What is Prettier Bandits?
This mod updates the appearance of hundreds female actor types, including all bandit encounters, warlocks, witches and hags, Thalmor and randomly encountered adventurers. It is primarily an appearance mod, removing dirt and grime, adding new hair models and generally making your various hostile female NPC encounters a lil easier on the eyes.  However, I do add some additonal combat perks to the WE adventurer NPCs to make them tougher encounters, particularly at higher level.  Also, as of v0.9 the Vigilants of Stendarr got a complete rebuild with all new NPCs.  They are now organized into two Orders, the Wardens and the Crusaders.  Crusaders are like a religious knightly order, they wear armor and have combat skills for melee, they use maces.  The Wardens are more a scholarly priesthood using spells (mainly flame spells, they will often use a fire spell in both hands).  They use vanilla gear, so any gear replacers or Bodyslide adjustments will automatically be applied.  The Vigilants are also the only faction where the guys as well as the gals got an overhaul, I had to rebuild the male NPCs anyway so I figured why not give them a makeover while I was at it.

Q: Unique Bosses?

Certain leveled NPCs have been converted into Unique actors, had their appearance upgraded and given some additional perks and abilities.  These include:

• The Imperial Captian at Helgen (so now you've got a cute gal trying to take your head off, yeah... that never happens...)
  • The Caller from Felglow
  • The Necromancer Cult from Wolf Skull Cave attempting to summon Potema, the ritual leader and the four assistants are now all unique with custom appearances
    • Dalrita, the leader
    • Maela, a Nord originally from Windhelm
    • Tristyn, a Breton from High Rock
    • Alcedonia, an Imperial from Bruma
    • Vinelore, an Altmer from the Rift (?)
    • a sleeping area with some extra loot and Dalrita's journal was added to the ruins
  • Luah al Skaven from Ansilvund is now a unique NPC, I tried to make her MILFy... though I'm not sure what exactly that should look like. ?
  • Minorne from Ruunvald is now a unique NPC with dusky skin to keep her in line with lore speculation that she may actually be an Ayleid.
  • Keeper Carcette of the Vigilants is now a unique NPC to go along with the entire order getting an overhaul.
  • Eisa Blackthorn encountered outside of Frostmere Crypt, now better looking and tougher with some scars, befitting a woman who survived Cidhna Mine!
  • Salma from outside Ironbind Barrow
  • Anska encountered inside High Gate Ruins
  • Fjola from Mistwatch Tower
  • Umana encountered deep within Alftand
  • The "Vaermina Dreamgirls" consists of 6 devotees who awaken as you make your way through Nightcaller Temple
    • Valana, a Breton
    • Safia, an Imperial
    • Jaedya, a Nord
    • Teril, a Dunmer
    • Carellon, an Altmer
    • Enyra, a Nord

Spoiler

Anska may have a neck seam when encountered if this mod is installed on an existing save game.   This is easy to fix however using console.

1. Open console and select Anska
  2. Use 'setnpcweight to 40'   This will fix the neck seam but now her skin and head textures won't match.
  3. Use 'recycleactor'  This will fix the mismatched skin textures from above but now she will be naked.
  4. Use 'resetinventory'  This will force her to re-equip her gear, so she's now dressed and ready for battle.
  5. Close console and continue playing.

The "Vaermina Dreamgirls"

If this mod is installed on an existing save game, 3 of the dreamgirls won't wake up and will appear already dead.  This is because that was baked into your save game, but they'll still be better looking corpses.  You can resurrect them and fight them with console commands.  If the mod is installed on as part of a new game, all six dreamgirls will wake up and attack you as you move through various trigger zones within the temple.

If you want to enslave Salma with PAHE, you'll need to use a console command just after enslaving her to get rid of her quest dialog and prevent her from despawning.  Its easy, just open console and use 'stopquest dunIronbindQST'  This will force her quest to shut down, ending her quest dialog and stop her from despawning.  Note: you MUST do this before she leaves the barrow, if she exits the barrow she will despawn and disappear.

Q: Does it give NPC any new abilities or make them tougher?
For the most part no, Prettier Bandits was intended to be primarily an appearance mod only. It does increase the level range of encounters witches and hags to be similar to encountered warlocks.  As I mentioned above it also gives the WEAdventurer's some additional combat perks, but nothing out of line with a vanilla lore friendly game (no super powers).  Also, as of v0.9 a select few leveled NPC bosses have been converted into unique Boss NPCs, these were also given additional perks to make them a little bit more of a challenge as well as making them "prettier".  The Vigilants of Stendarr did receive a complete overhaul, and now appear as either heavily armored "Crusaders" who specialize in melee combat, or robed "Wardens" who specialize in using magic.  The Vigilants also included better looking male NPCs as well as females, since I was overhauling them all anyway.

Q:  What body type does it use?

A:  Whatever you have installed, the mod only changes the face and hair of the NPCs, not the body.  So you can use any body type and any gear replacer for that body type and it will work fine with this mod.  It should also work with any skin texture you have installed.  Personally I use Bijin's Skin

Q: Does it add anything new?
Not really, there is no new armor or anything include in this mod. It does add a few new NPC encounters, mostly to the roadside thieves you sometimes encounter, I added two more female dark elves and one female wood elf to the possible encounter types. That's really about it, its an appearance mod.

Q: Does this replace existing bandits or other NPCs?
Yes, in so far as it updates the appearance of existing NPC actors. It does not alter their outfits, gear, etc.  In most cases it simply adds actors to the leveled list, but in the case of the Vigilants they got a complete rebuild.

Q: Why use this mod?
You like eye candy? I made this mod with the intent of supporting Paradise Halls Extension so that captured bandits, warlocks, thalmor, etc. would be nicer looking slaves.  Its since grown beyond that original purpose to simply making random encounters (and now a few unique bosses) look nicer.

Q: Why is the file so large?
Over 1,000 sets of face geometry and tint mask sets take a up a lot of space.  The currently zipped file is 450 MB.

Q: Will you add prettier guards or other NPCs?
This is in progress.  The current factions included are bandits, warlocks, necromancers, witches, WEAdventurers, WEThieves, Vaermina Devotees, Falmer Servants, Forsworn, Stormcloaks, and the Vigilants of Stendarr as of v0.9. 

Q: Is this Smexy Bandits?
No. That was the original form of this project, at this point its abandoned, having been replaced by this project

Q: Can I use your NPCs appearance in my own mod project?

A:  Yes!  Copy in any NPC you like, I won't mind.  If anything I'll be a lil flattered.  I'm hoping in a future version of this mod to include a separate resource .esm that will contain all the appearance templates for people to use as a resource.  So yes, if it would help you populate your mod with better looking NPCs, feel free to borrow and copy from this mod.

Q:  Why are you still using Apachii hair its so old?

A:  Nostalgia, also, I'M OLD ?   Seriously, I'm tired of it too (too many dependencies for one, and not enough variety second), so one of my goals for the is to convert the entire mod over to KS Hairdo's.  At that point Apachii hair will no longer be required or used, I will not maintain two versions of the mod (way too much work).  I am working on converting to KS Hair, it is now required for the new unique NPCs.  I'm not sure when I'll be able to convert the full mod as I'm also working on laying the groundwork for the eventual 2.0 which will overhaul, rebuild and expand the mod considerably.  So it might take awhile.

Q:  Will there be a SE version of this mod?

Yes, I'm working on it now. 

What's required
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Apachii Hair for Females 1.5
Apachii Hair 1.6 Full

Installation:
Download and install with your favorite mod manager.
Load order is up to you, you can let other things overwrite it or not as you wish.

Removal is simple, just uninstall with your mod organizer.
There are no scripts included in this mod so it shouldn't break anything.

Known Issues:

• None

To Do List:

What's Next?

Next up will be v1.1.  I'm planning on adding more unique NPCs for that and I'm also planning on adding options for some of the unique NPCs to become available as followers or hirelings.  For now I'm looking at doing this for the following NPCs:

• Salma, after finishing Ironbind Barrow, if she survives her quest will shut down and she will go to the Nightgate Inn where she can then be asked to follow you as a regular follower.  Also, if she dies (or is enslaved) her quest will automatically shut down so that her quest dialog stops and she doesn't despawn if turned into an undead thrall or a slave.
  • Eisa Blackthorn, if she is allowed to leave, she goes to Morthal.  Additional changes would be made so that if she isn't killed you can hire her as a hireling for 500 gold (she is a mercenary after all)
  • Anska, if you help her in High Gate Ruins, afterwards she will be available as a follower
  • Fjola, if you let her leave Mistwatch instead of killing her (or enslaving her) she will show up elsewhere and be available as a hireling.

I'm also looking add adding more unique NPCs from Solstheim and possibly adding Alva and Laelette (vampires) from Morthal.

Mods I Used While Making This Mod

For the eyes I'm using Improved Eyes Skyrim

For skin I use Bijin's Skin

For the brows I'm using Hvergelmir's Brows

However, the mod should work with any skin, eye or brow pack you choose.  None of these are included.  It will also work with whatever body type you install, the mod doesn't affect the body, just the face and hair.

Also, I would suggest this mod for the Forsworn, Forsworn Natural if you want topless Forsworn as seen in the preview.

Special Thanks to my Beta Test Team for a LOT of patience and testing.

• Karlpaws
  • Psalam
  • Valcon767
  • Worik
  • Blackbird_Wanderer

Support Me

I now have a SubscribeStar account if you want to help support me making mods.  You're support will be very much appreciated and will help me have more time to work on mods and create new content.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/15/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    Appachi Hair 1.6 Full
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by CPU

Working on that, will have something up soon.   But don't expect screen shots of all 320 NPC I altered!  LOL  I'll see if I can get a few nice sample images.  Exact appearance will depend on what body type and skin texture you have installed, Prettier Bandits uses whatever you have installed.

I'm considering this a beta release, its been tested among some friends but because it updates the appearance of 320 NPCs it can be hard to be sure we caught every last issue / missing file; 0.5 was simply the last version that we tested and it seemed pretty complete.  So if there are no issues, probably in a month or so I'll move it out of the BETA / WIP category and change it to v1.0.  But for now I just want to make sure everything that should be there is, which mainly means a LOT of facegeometry and tintmask sets.

As for what I'd like to add, I'm considering doing the same for town guards, stormcloaks, maybe see about adding some female Imperial soldiers.  Maybe also vampires.  If I do, those will likely have to be additional mods because of the file size.  I'm not sure how far I'll go with it, this was something several asked if I could do until I could get Smexy Bandits done, so we'll see where it goes.  But the Prettier Bandits, etc. will always be primarily just appearance mods.

Meanwhile, enjoy the eye candy, that's basically what this mod is about.

Oh an if anyone does spot a grey face (that about the only likely bug with this mod, its pretty straight forward and simple in what it does, just took time to do all the edits), please include the encounter type / name and race.  For example a Bandit Marauder / Nord female (which this only mods the females so that part is a given).  The will tell me exactly which actor I need to look at. 

Out of curiosity, how big is the install file supposed to be? Cause i see it as 1.8 KB which is rather small

Edit: well that is the second time i've put my foot in my mouth today. Click the link and it takes you to spot to download. It hink i'll stop posting for today, I'll just embarrass myself some more.

Please make Vigilant's of Stendarr and Dawnguard females prettier too. Playing a vampire I like to enslave lots of them and give them a damn good thrashing  :@

I noticed that some of the Bandits and Thalmor have Opposite Gender Animations flagged, I removed the flags myself, I prefer them to be feminine. This is a Vanilla thing and use the mod Feminine Females that I've kept up to date.

Out of curiosity, how big is the install file supposed to be? Cause i see it as 1.8 KB which is rather small

Edit: well that is the second time i've put my foot in my mouth today. Click the link and it takes you to spot to download. It hink i'll stop posting for today, I'll just embarrass myself some more.

LOL, no worries.

An yeah, the actual download file is a zip on a Mega.nz account I setup, file size is just under 400MB total.

Please make Vigilant's of Stendarr and Dawnguard females prettier too

Been thinking about that for Prettier Guards.  I was going to put it all in one mod... but at 400 MB... yeah, no.  LOL

An darn it, I thought I'd removed all those opposite gender flags.  See... beta!  LOL   So congrats, that'll be in the changelog for 0.6 soon as I can get a day to take care of it.  :D

I noticed that some of the Bandits and Thalmor have Opposite Gender Animations flagged, I removed the flags myself, I prefer them to be feminine. This is a Vanilla thing and use the mod Feminine Females that I've kept up to date.

Okay I think I got all the Bandits and Thalmor.  Checked the warlocks, witches, thieves and adventurers and didn't see any others left.  Let me know if you find any. 

Will probably post an update tomorrow along with a small patch that just updates the esp for those who already downloaded.

Prettier Guards will definitely be a separate esp / mod file.  Like I said, Prettier Bandits is already 400 MB by itself.  Doing all the guards, vigilants, etc. would probably double that.  But definitely something I'll consider once I have some free time for it.

No plans to add any races, this line of mods is just a simple appearance mod to existing Actors / NPCs.

Found another bug that slipped through this morning.

If you see a TestJeremyBig trying to rob you... its a goof I made.  I'll be fixing this and updating to a v0.6 public beta later today.  I'll include a smaller patch since all the current fixes only require changes to the esp which is a small file.

I'll give the public beta at least another week, 2 at most and if all the bugs seem to be taken care of I'll close the beta and move it to v1.0 as a completed mod (with sample screen shots).

Screenshot? ..............(just kidding)

why is this funny... who makes visual mods without screenshot ?

Because I already tested the mod in beta, and know perfectly well who it looks....

mkay then it makes sense

It is, but its a lot of work to do.  The short version is to make NPCs that look like that you have to do a custom face sculpt in Racemenu or ECE, then import that to the NPC, make custom head parts, set the hair, etc. and then save all that.   Takes me anywhere from 15 min to 1 hr per NPC to do that and do a decent job of it, maybe longer if I really take my time with it.  So multiply that by 320 NPCs an you get an idea what a challenging project it is (that's the equivalent of 8 x 40 hr work weeks). 

That said, I'm already doing exactly that for another mod called Smexy Bandits that I'll be releasing eventually (lot of work left to do on that).  Prettier Bandits came about because some liked the idea of what I was trying to do with Smexy Bandits but wanted something they could play with right now.  So I did some much quicker appearance edits using just the tools in CK, which won't give as nice a result but its still better than the default and viola... here we are.

So, in short, yes they could but it won't be happening in this mod.  Hope you enjoy it and let me know if you see any grey faces out there.  I and the PAHE development team Alpha tested it but even with all of us going through it stuff can slip through (and did, including a giant naked thief dude that freaked me out  LOL).  With 320 randomly encountered NPCs you can play through all the game content and not encounter them all, makes it hard to test.  That's why this is still a public beta.  I'm hoping over the next couple of weeks to catch anything else we might have missed and have a final version out.

It doesn't add any variety to the bandits, it just mods the appearance of the vanilla bandits.  It does add a few additional thieves to the roadside encounters.  So far I haven't noticed any problems with the Apachii hairs, granted I run a little light on the texture mods, but generally my memory usage is about 1.6 GB Ram and between 800 to 1000 MB VRAM, so I would say no its not a problem

I don't know if I will ever try to add any more variety to the bandits and so forth in this mod, probably not.  I think that's something I'll leave for Smexy Bandits which absolutely will do that (among other things).

Oh, nice, I'll probably check that out when I come along.

One of the things that somewhat annoys me is when I use PAH, I tend to collect the stronger bandits as slaves - but I have a lot of "duplicates" and right now I have about 4 identical nord quadruplets, all with the same face paint and mohawks...

So I was hoping there might be a mod that also mixes up more appearances into the bandits etc.

It is, but its a lot of work to do.  The short version is to make NPCs that look like that you have to do a custom face sculpt in Racemenu or ECE, then import that to the NPC, make custom head parts, set the hair, etc. and then save all that.   Takes me anywhere from 15 min to 1 hr per NPC to do that and do a decent job of it, maybe longer if I really take my time with it.  So multiply that by 320 NPCs an you get an idea what a challenging project it is (that's the equivalent of 8 x 40 hr work weeks). 

That said, I'm already doing exactly that for another mod called Smexy Bandits that I'll be releasing eventually (lot of work left to do on that).  Prettier Bandits came about because some liked the idea of what I was trying to do with Smexy Bandits but wanted something they could play with right now.  So I did some much quicker appearance edits using just the tools in CK, which won't give as nice a result but its still better than the default and viola... here we are.

So, in short, yes they could but it won't be happening in this mod.  Hope you enjoy it and let me know if you see any grey faces out there.  I and the PAHE development team Alpha tested it but even with all of us going through it stuff can slip through (and did, including a giant naked thief dude that freaked me out  LOL).  With 320 randomly encountered NPCs you can play through all the game content and not encounter them all, makes it hard to test.  That's why this is still a public beta.  I'm hoping over the next couple of weeks to catch anything else we might have missed and have a final version out.

ahh ok, thx for replying and this is already good and i cant wait for the Smexy ver :D

Hi EinarrTheRed,

I thought this might help with the archive size. Using 7-Zip on maximum compression, you can get the archive size down from 402MB to 129MB.

I have a question about the Smexy version the you're working on, will it be changing the NPCs facial features? A lot of the poor girls can't be saved from the Bethesda ugly stick with hair alone.  :( But thankfully Zaz gave us bags to put over their heads  :D