Isle of Mara - Tweaked [Obsolete]

Guest ffabris

View File

Isle of Mara - Tweaked

Not compatible with Isle of Mara 2.0 - nor will it be. I am not doing this all over again. I am leaving this here for any who want it but will not be doing anything further with it.

Isle of Mara by quimboles is one of the best quest mods I have ever played, be it sexual or "vanilla". Unlike so many, scenes are rarely repeated, the is very little running back'n'forth all over the place, and it has a good dose of humor to it too. Not wishing to bash anyone but I think mod authors could learn a lot from this mod, it really stands out. And, best of all (for me anyway), it is gay male, which is pretty rare.

What This Is
This consists of a changes to the original mod, Isle of Mara. While it seems that the author does check in here occasionally, the mod has apparently been abandoned. On 21 August, I PMed quimboles, asking permission to mod this; to date, I have not heard back, so in the meantime, I am making this available. I will gladly remove it at his request. I had originally posted this in the IoM support thread but decided to make it available as a separate download, hoping to bring more attention to it, and the original.

Changes in this are mainly look'n'feel tweaks to the NPCs. I wanted to make the main characters better looking, add more variety to their hair, change some clothing. Also fixed a few small bugs ... those I have been able to. (If you have my SkyHunks installed, Vilkas and Farkas should look the same.)

Mods That Can Connect to Isle of Mara Tweaked

Requirements
You need to have the original Isle of Mara 1.51 installed, along with all its requirements.
NOTE: Estrus is required, as I added it back, but SOS is not required as of 2015-10-05. However, Devious Devices for Him is designed for SOS, and you may get clipping with a different body replacer.
You will also need:

Installation
You need to have the original mod installed, then install this on top. The attached rar file has a new esp file, and new FaceGen data (mesh/textures), plus one replacement script.
Do NOT install this midway through a playthough of the quest, or any of the NPCs already in your save will "break" (ie, end up with grey face).

Uninstallation
Reinstall the original mod on top of this, overwriting files.

Connecting a Mod to Isle of Mara
If you are a mod author and want to connect your mod to this, then here is info on how to do so:

Change Log
2015-10-21

• Added a way for modders who may wish to hook into this mod, as described above.

2015-10-05

• Thanks to sleuthing by Lucifugus Ominous, the dependency on SOS has now been removed. VERY odd thing: there were two piles of books and some lights in a wilderness cell that were somehow linked to SOS. Anyway, removing those allowed SOS to be removed.
    Does this break anything? No idea whatsoever! Test at your own risk.

2015-09-29

• Cleaned the mod with TES5Edit.
  • I changed the appearance (face) of most of the main NPCs: Prophet, the marryable masters, ship captains, etc, as well as a few random minor NPCs (priests, slaves). Added Apachii or KS hair to those and many others, to add variety. Changed the armor of the Mysterious Strangers from thalmor to orcish (looks more sexy when using SOS Revealing clothing, in my view). Priests of Mara now have no hood; instead all priests and masters now sport an amulet of Mara. I also added the sla_exhibitionist flag to many NPCs ... makes then get aroused quickly if naked, which many are. ;)
  • Fixed the epilogue quest not progressing after you find the Pear.
  • Fixed (?) the werebear scene; you can now interact with them after sex.
  • Minor: Removed the door on the rear outer wall of inn. No idea why that was there, doesn't seem linked to anything.
  • Navmesh fixes.
  • Fixed the floating grass problem.
  • Tried to fix the problem with NPCs navigating the steps on the pleasure ship (crossing fingers).

Tried to Fix But Not Managed - Yet

• Fix Tentacles in Crandor's Lab and Oblivion.
    The Estrus mod doesn't contain the flag which would mark it as a master. What that means is that if you use it as a master, CK can and will strip it out on later loads, breaking anything that uses it. That's what seems to have happened with IoM 1.5.1. There is no easy way to add back everything that was stripped out... doing so is beyond me, I'm afraid.

Final Note
The choices of NPC appearance, clothes, hair are personal preference. I started this for myself, and as a learning experience. If you like my choices, great! If not, feel free to reinstall the original mod. ;)

I read the support thread for the original mod. If bugs are reported, I will try to fix them, if I am able. This mod is very complex, so it may be beyond me, but I can try.

Again, quimboles, if you want this removed, please say so and I will gladly do it.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/29/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    Isle of Mara, Apachii Hair, KS Hairdos
  • Special Edition Compatible

Two days I'm playing with original and this is REAL mostly bug-free mod. Even i'm seems too close to finish (breeding dragons), i will maybe start again with your version. Thanks.

One thing that someone can complain - male oriented idea. Hope somehow we'll see 'female' version too. I'm playing with female character, but not complain.

About Estrus: if i understand your words correct. Before modifying ORIGINAL debauchery.esp, use WryeBash, right click on zzEstrus.esp and choose "Esmify Self". This temporary 'marks' estrus as 'fake-master'. After that modify debauchery in CK and you with save will not loose dependancy to estrus. After work is done, again WryeBash, "Espify Self" on zzEstrus.esp to return all back.

Another way is to convert temporary zzEstrus with Tes5Edit to esm. With setting in it header flag related to ESM.

If you already loosed dependancy and do not want to start from beginning this may not help. It must be done before any your edits.

Kind Regards

thank you for work

but a lot of fix is needded

i have never finish this quest (ctd ,freeze) but able to finish other mods

I played through all of the original quest, several times, without CTD.

Two days I'm playing with original and this is REAL mostly bug-free mod. Even i'm seems too close to finish (breeding dragons), i will maybe start again with your version. Thanks.

One thing that someone can complain - male oriented idea. Hope somehow we'll see 'female' version too. I'm playing with female character, but not complain.

About Estrus: if i understand your words correct. Before modifying ORIGINAL debauchery.esp, use WryeBash, right click on zzEstrus.esp and choose "Esmify Self". This temporary 'marks' estrus as 'fake-master'. After that modify debauchery in CK and you with save will not loose dependancy to estrus. After work is done, again WryeBash, "Espify Self" on zzEstrus.esp to return all back.

Another way is to convert temporary zzEstrus with Tes5Edit to esm. With setting in it header flag related to ESM.

If you already loosed dependancy and do not want to start from beginning this may not help. It must be done before any your edits.

Kind Regards

Concerning a female version, I'll leave that for someone else to attempt. :)

As for the issue with estrus, I know how to mark it as master. The problem here is that estrus has already been stripped out by a previous save (done by the original author). So the estrus effects are already removed from the mod. At least in the lab and oblivion. One remains that still works. Anyway, not a major problem, it doesn't break the quest. :)

And and btw, the dragon breeding isn't necessarily near the end.... it depends on your choice soon after that. ;)

Mod Organizer says that this file requires zzEstrus.esp as a master. Can this be ignored without issue, or is it actually required? The missing master in MO confuses me after reading that the previous author removed the effects from the mod...

I added estrus back because one estrus effect still worked, and is actually a vital part of the quest. So no, it can't be ignored.

I like how there is a rare male slavery quest and someone already wants it to be for females. :)

That said, the description (on the original, anyway) does say you can use a female character, as long as incongruent pronoun usage doesn't bother you.

• 2 weeks later...

remarkable work, thank you
at first i had several CTD, then i realized i need to go with the flow and not to attempt to kill anyone i.e SL-Leveling. but when the prophet sent me to captain Ismaeil and i was sent to the Orc tribe... felt bored as it seemed the quest will never end. so, i uninstalled.

Guest ffabris

After connecting with Simple Slavery, the guy on the beach keeps repeating the Wakey Wakey line, even after I've used all of the reply options. Any ideas?

Hum, for now, console forward I guess. Only way I could test the mod connection was via console, and that worked. So I'll have to poke at it at some point. If anyone reports this in the SS thread, nudge them here please.

Guest ffabris

Btw, my "hook" just bypasses the initial lead-in where Player and Farkas and Vilkas meet, chat, then eventually get abducted. It moves Player and the 2 NPCs to where they need to be on the island, empties the player's inventory, does the fade thing - then hands off to the main quest. It has no dialog, no scenes.

So if you're being talked to, you're in the main quest. And that, like vanilla Skyrim quests, can get stuck, at random. For example, I've found that the bit immediately after, where you are force to follow Falcon into the compound, can sometimes not work: the player doesn't move. Why? No clue. Just as I have no clue why, with the mod I am currently working on, a quest stage is being started twice in succession. After 3 days, I gave up and wrapped it in an if ! done - done = true - blah blah - endif block.

If save/reload doesn't work, console onward.

Btw, my "hook" just bypasses the initial lead-in where Player and Farkas and Vilkas meet, chat, then eventually get abducted. It moves Player and the 2 NPCs to where they need to be on the island, empties the player's inventory, does the fade thing - then hands off to the main quest. It has no dialog, no scenes.

So if you're being talked to, you're in the main quest. And that, like vanilla Skyrim quests, can get stuck, at random. For example, I've found that the bit immediately after, where you are force to follow Falcon into the compound, can sometimes not work: the player doesn't move. Why? No clue. Just as I have no clue why, with the mod I am currently working on, a quest stage is being started twice in succession. After 3 days, I gave up and wrapped it in an if ! done - done = true - blah blah - endif block.

If save/reload doesn't work, console onward.

Ah, Skyrim modding. So relaxing. Not frustrating at all. XD
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...