The C.A.N.S. (Cooperative Algebraic Node Sizing) Framework

Devious...

So we should have a list of "must have" mods for patching, to prioritize, as well as another list of known body resizing mods.

I'm thinking must-haves include Cursed Loot, Hormones, and PSQ. What else?

Soul Gem Oven definitely. I can take a look at a Cursed Loot patch, I've spent a lot of time in the source for it while working on another project so it's basically a home away from home at this point.

Could a propose a algorithm for combining weights that I think is superior to the ones already implemented?

If the maximum value for a node is M, and you have a list of weights w_0, w_1, ... w_n:

sum = 0
i = 0

while i <= n
    sum = sum + w_i*(M-sum)
endwhile

This has the advantage that if any mod tries to set the weight to the maximum, they will be successfull. So if BeeingFemale says you should look 9 months pregnant (100% weight) and Hormones says skinny (0% weight), BeeingFemale wins. Low weights get swamped by high ones, and zeros are completely ignored.

It also has the advantage of being semi-additive. If Estrus Chaurus the belly weight to 50%, and Hormones sets it to 50%, they combine to make 75%.

It's fast and easy to calculate, and it's mathematically rigorous (it's the OR operation from statistics).

The issue with the existing algorithms (except highest-wins), is that if one or two mods post low values, they can block another mod from posting a high one. But high values should take priority.

Can't get the new CANS to work at all. Every call to RegisterMyMod returns false.

CANS = Quest.getQuest("CANS")

Boolean registered = CANS.RegisterMyMod(Game.getPlayer(), "MyMod")

The registered flag is always false.

Can't get the new CANS to work at all. Every call to RegisterMyMod returns false.

Figures there's be something important wrong immediately. I'll look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally fixed this, I went through everything to figure out if it was an actual error with the function but instead I just somehow deleted "Return True" from the end of the function. I am currently checking every single remaining function to make sure I didn't leave out anything else like that.

Finally fixed this, I went through everything to figure out if it was an actual error with the function but instead I just somehow deleted "Return True" from the end of the function. I am currently checking every single remaining function to make sure I didn't leave out anything else like that.

Thanks  for the diligence. But I just downloaded and got 1.0.0.0 again. Is that correct?

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any mods using CANS yet, or have any integration patches been made?

There were a few patches on the 2-3rd page of this thread I think it was, but they are well out of date, and it looks like quite a few mods have switched to nio for breast/belly scaling which means they work together anyway, well at least when you edit the nio ini file to use max rather than cumulative sizeing, so they do not get too big.

There were a few patches on the 2-3rd page of this thread I think it was, but they are well out of date, and it looks like quite a few mods have switched to nio for breast/belly scaling which means they work together anyway, well at least when you edit the nio ini file to use max rather than cumulative sizeing, so they do not get too big.

Thanks for the tip on NIO.

Yo I'm quoting this too, here and in my request thread you've seen me make several references to CANS "hopefully being obsolete" and this is why. Some mods still use just NetImmerse instead of NIOverride, which is what cause the problems that CANS was created to solve. As more mods switch to NiO CANS will (and should) become basically an obsolete antique.

Disclaimer: This is the only time I will ever try to convince you to make my mods obsolete.

• 4 years later...