View File

A small dance modder resource for whoever need it.

I included an ESP just if you want to try it ingame.

As you go in game, "Dance Pill" will be added in your inventory, under Aid (it's an ingestible)

Your controls are disabled for almost a minute, don't dance when deathclaws are around

Miss Torrini's song isn't included for obvious copyright reasons, the file included is an empty file sound, in case you can't dance without a background music you just need to overwrite it with a song file, it must be .wav and it must be called in the exact name, so the ESP can load it.

I'm sorry, both me and my computer can't do any better, the picture should explain enough well my actual resigned feeling

Thousand thanx to Umpa and all the help he gave me

[FLASH]

[/FLASH]

Permissions:

This mod can be considered free for non-commercial use only - please credit the deserving, when deserved - Any mod that contains any assets from this mod MUST SHARE the SAME policies. There are NO exceptions for this: if you don't like this rule, don't use this mod or any of its assets. Instead, if you can stand to my will and you understand that my main purpose is mods diffusion, feel free to do whatever you want with this mod and PM me if you need some help, I'll be glad to help you.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/08/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    cookies

Yeah that was the main bake. Then I had to make a similar operation quite often, to understand how it was coming out. To make a comparison, it's like rendering in video editing, you cache the result or you won't be able to playback properly etc.etc. well, this operation was requiring hours. It was me making 10 clicks, then few hours waiting, continuosly: after few days I gave up. It requires the patience (or the computer :) ) I miss.

awww I don't remember, I think they won't because I used explicitly the reference "Player" inside the script. But it's a resource, feel free to use it in whatever way you want, rip the script, change it, use it in AnT etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried this hoping to have finally some dance for my girl but no luck.

I don't know if it's a problem with SexoutNG or Amra's animations (a sort of conflict like the umpa's ones on nexus) or something other.

Everything seems to be correctly in place but when I assume the pill nothing happens for about one minute (until the pill's effect vanishes). My char stand still doing nothing.

Note that I have your other mods like Bodymorph plugin, Walk replacer and Idles and they all work fine. Of course I have the needed requirements.

I think it could be the bodymorph overriding this one (not the bodymorphplugin, the main esp of bodymorph), could try to disable it and then eat a pill?

EDIT: unless you care of body modifies you could have done of course. In that case don't do it.

But if you don't care, then after you disable it, you could make a clean save too if you can

EDIT EDIT:

This is just for your curiosity. When you read that a specific pose / animation conflicts with something else (i.e. Umpa you wrote), it's usually because of a record that had not to be changed. Some mods (i.e. AnT, but I try to do it whenever I can) use a dirty record to correct this issue, so if you have them in load order, more on the bottom compared to the conflicting mods, every issue should be solved

LAST EDIT... -_-

If you want, you can manually play the idle. You open console when you are in third person, go in TFC camera mode, click on your character, write this:

Player.PlayIdle aaaDancePillIdle   >>>>>> this is PLAYIDLE AAADANCEPILLIDLE since it's little readable

the "problem" with bodymorph hopefully won't persist in the future, I just wanted you to try it to confirm my feeling. Keep in mind bodymorph is in beta for this reason, it's something that needs people to test it and find out which problems it could cause. So thank you for your feedback on that.

Some animations could have that issue even if it's not written. I remember I had it with Groovatron a long time ago for example. The ESPs that cause it would need to be cleaned. If you are brave, you find the procedure in Bruce Wayne's signature (one of the purple moderators), but if you don't and you still would love to use these mods that could cause you this random issue, I would give you a esp that simply cleans it for you. Or you drop AnT in the bottom of your load order, in case you use AnT. It would be better than depriving yourself of a mod that you like, don't you think? :)

The dance pill is just a esp to try that dance animation in game for those who don't know how to include it, but it's a animation resource on itself. Ooooh you don't like that dance? *awww*

well, sure you can replace it with another animation, with whatever animation: if you don't use GECK, you could simply swap the animation file. It is located inside meshes\characters\_male\idleanims and it's called DancePill.kf. If you put another animation there and you call it dancepill.kf, my esp will load it. However the duration would be different... I don't remember very well, and I can't verify right now, but I remember that your commands were blocked for 50 seconds, more or less, the time the animation needed to be played... So if you put a 10 seconds animation, there's a good probability that you will still be blocked for 40 more seconds... however I don't remember how I scripted it...

but... now I think. If you have many animations you would like to play in game, maybe the best solution could be AnT, I don't know if you tried it. There's a guide that allows you to put all the animations you want to make your own collection. I'm aware it's not super easy, but I also have difficulties in figuring what's easy and what's not... so uhm, TL;DR, if you think AnT could be useful for your purpose, I will prepare your collection of animations you would like to play with it.

Long and clear lesson. Thank you very much.

BTW: I tried to replace the dance with another one, simply copying the new one in the same folder where DancePill.kf was, renaming both (dancepill as ".bak" and the new one as "dancepill.kf, of course).

It plays but there is a big problem, other than the difference in timing. The new dance never ends and my char is "locked" without tha use of move commands, or others.

Even if, after about 50 seconds, the normal HUD reappears as normal. Even the ESC kay doesn't work. I needed to stop the game with the Windows Task Manager.

Probably the .kf file is setted in a difference way, my dance file ends on its own after 50 seconds. If you want you could send me the kf. in PM and I'll adapt it to you. In case, compress it as zip, because I noticed the forum doesn't allow to send kf files

• 1 month later...

I think I have found the dance of my interest.

If you have time to look at it and made it as compatible with your dancepill mod, I will be very gratefull.

attachicon.gifDanceF04.7z

That animation is not a loop. Basically, the end of the animation is not the same as the start. So... uhm... this means you will see the character making a dance move that leasts 4-5 seconds, then it will go back from start in some "jumpy" way, and continues over and over, 4-5 seconds then back from start in a jumpy way. If you don't mind of this, then sure I can do it

Ok. (I deleted my silly supplicant post.).

I've some questions, if you agree:

1. There is a tool, program, whatever (possibly free) to see animations (kf files) play outside the game?

2. If not, I've Blender (even if I know nothing about it). There is a manner to see kf files inside it?

Oh I saw your previous post. But I wanted to find one hour to script something else, because it was making no sense for me to change this dance pill, it was just intended to invoke that specific dance in game. So I did this, which makes more sense in my opinion, give it a try. You can invoke 9 animations in game using the 9 num pad keys (or change them), and you just need to replace the 9 animation files with the ones you want to try in game. Actually, as it is, you can call 6 dances using the keys from 4 to 9. You can also swap dance, so for example you call 4, then press 7, then 9, etc.etc. when an animation doesn't allow this (like pressing 1-2-3), it means it couldn't be interrupted, but pressing the Reset key it will stop.

Answering your points: you can see them in nifskope importing a skeleton.nif and then attaching the kf on it (never did it, I know it only theoretically)

You can use Blender, same concept but a bit more slow. However if you have already used Blender you won't have any problems:

- Import the upperbody you want (i.e. meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif)

- (optional) Import the other parts (head, hands)

- in Object mode, select everything pressing A once or twice (everything becomes pink)

- Go to import again, this time select Skeleton.nif, select the option "Import only skeleton + Parent selected", then below there's a filed "Keyframe file", choose the kf file you want to load. After clicking ok, if everything worked as intended you will see the body with the skeleton injected and the animation. So if you open the Timeline for example, you will be able to see the body animated when the time passes.