Draenei Race with Hoof Armors ~ by Trykz

View File

This is the Draenei race mod I started building, but stopped

developing once I learned Carloss32 was building the same race.

However, since Carloss32 seems to have stopped further

development of his mod (and since a few asked so nicely

;) ),

I decided it was time to finish this up and release it.

This mod requires my CRB race creation base (included here

for those who don't already have it), RaceCompatibility (use the version that suits

your DLC requirements), and HDT BodySlide. Both the race's body and the hoof armors

are BodySlide ready, and can be easily adjusted to your own personal tastes.

The race is also set up in BSA/ESM format to readily facilitate

the creation of personalized, custom followers.

Credit for the hoof armor meshes goes to their original creator.

I merely made them BodySlide-able):

zemaria

without them, they'd have to run around bare-hoofed

:P

Enjoy,

Trykz

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/03/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    CRB, RaceCompatibility, and HDT BodySlide
  • Special Edition Compatible

A note about the skeleton this race uses:

If you're thinking about overwriting it, don't. It's far too modified to achieve just the right proportions for specific nodes for any other skeleton replacer to look or function properly. Days of work went into it to achieve just the right look. The tail position alone took 3 day to get into the perfect spot, at just the right angle.

Experiment if you like, but don't ask for support for anything not included in the mod.

Thanks,

Trykz

edit: the hoof armors are currently not craftable or upgradeable, so you'll need to get them via console for now. I'll be updating the esp in the near future, as I'm still on the lookout for more usable hoof armors

The horns aren't matching the body color but that's not big at all (they seem kind of white-ish). Thanks for this race  :heart:

I think it's a gloss issue on the .nif itself. I meant to look into it, but forgot  :P

I'll have a look tonight.

Trykz

Exquisite work, like always. Speaking of skeletons, is this by any chance compatible with the SoS one? I really want to try a create futanari Draenei sometime soon :D

Not likely. But you could try it. As I said, the skeleton is very highly modified, so if it's replaced, a lot of proportion will change. The skeleton controls tail size and position, thighs, calves, hoof size, and weapon/quiver positioning.

I love your mod! I have a couple of questions, one is there is no HDT movement and second I want to adjust the body in bodyslide but it doesn't affect my character after I change her assets.

Not sure what you're asking really. If there's no HDT movement, then you're missing one of HDT's requirements. If you're asking if there's a no HDT version, then no.

Replacer meshes need to be placed in the proper folder manually. BodySlide doesn't do it automatically as it's created meshes go into the regular character folder. Hold CTRL when you create them to get them to go into the BodySlide folder. The folder they need to be placed in is:

Data\meshes\actors\character\Draenei\female

Trykz

Hey, nice mod.

Out of curiosity how did you get Apachi Hairs to work on your Draenie as for some reason mine can only choose one of the vanilla hairs. I'm using the racemenu mod if maybe that is not compatible?

All of my races are compatible with RaceMenu OR ECE. But this sometimes happens in a script heavy install. Data folders with lots of scripts installed can seriously slow down script loading, and causing the race controller script to stall and not fully load. Try this before customizing your character:

select female Nord

close character creation and wait 15 seconds

press the ~ key, and type showracemenu - press enter

switch to Draenei race and check hair selection

Keep me posted.

Trykz

Hey, nice mod.

Out of curiosity how did you get Apachi Hairs to work on your Draenie as for some reason mine can only choose one of the vanilla hairs. I'm using the racemenu mod if maybe that is not compatible?

All of my races are compatible with RaceMenu OR ECE. But this sometimes happens in a script heavy install. Data folders with lots of scripts installed can seriously slow down script loading, and causing the race controller script to stall and not fully load. Try this before customizing your character:

select female Nord

close character creation and wait 15 seconds

press the ~ key, and type showracemenu - press enter

switch to Draenei race and check hair selection

Keep me posted.

Trykz

The same can go for eyes - in the opening race menu I can't select any other eyes than Draenei, and redoing race menu gives me any eye color I have.

I was wondering, is there any way to make the hooves black?

Should be doable.....

perhaps when I'm a bit less disenchanted with Skyrim I'll see what I can do. I'm not playing much anymore as most of my favorite mods are becoming too dependent on other mods I don't want or use.

Trykz

I was hoping you would decide to resume work on this sooner or later.  That said, there are a number of issues--some small and some large--that I am having with the mod itself.

Small ones are things that are expected due to Skyrim's own screwiness (the aforementioned lighting issues with the tail) or issues with things like the horns, which are hair-colored and not alterable in any way for me. I have a feeling it's something with ECE going screwy. The hooves should also be a darker (read: black) color like you already know.

Bigger issues seem to revolve around the HDT stuff. I have yet to crack open the .bsa file to have a look for myself (it's late) but HDT implementation for this specific race seems to be hit-or-miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not, seemingly independent of other factors. My first (and best) guess is that there is some translation error between the version of the HDT system you used to create the mod and whichever version I'm using.

I'm not exactly a modder, so I can only make semi-educated guesses as to why some of the oddities are occurring.

When you're feeling more up to it, do you think you could take a second look at some of this stuff?

edit: the more I look at thing the more I believe it's something to do with the HDT systems, whether it's the body or heels. I have HDT Heels for other reasons, but would it somehow interfere with this mod or vice versa?

• 1 month later...